Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 12:35 PM   #46  

Thumbs up Hum.....

MetalChik- JMO, BUT to me yours sounds like a real success story. You have lost 78 pounds since last April. That is almost 8 pounds a month, you should be the one giving the advice

Do you mind if I ask your age? What was your motivation to lose the weight?
Also, dear boyfriend should consider himself very lucky to be with such a winner!
Old 02-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #47  

Okay ladies. How sick does this sound. I'm sitting at work and wanted to get my starches in (as I'm starving after not being hungry this morning) and I left my cooked barley at home. So, at work I have diet bread and All Bran Extra Fiber. Decided on the All Bran. Already used my dairy for today so instead of milk, I used hot tea and some Equal - I'm sitting here eatting warm mush while I'm typing. I figured that it would fill me up better than 2 slices of diet toast.

Metal: I have been playing with the last 7-9 lbs for months. They did switch me from Gold to Blue a week ago, and I have been changing things around as others suggested. I cooked some Great Northern beans this week, and have used that for my protein. It's a nice change. One night I added some Splenda to the warmed beans and it's like eatting Pork-n-Beans (minus the pork, LOL). I'm trying to switch when I eat certain foods, and was down 1.6 from last week. After reading what you eat in a day, I can't see anything to suggest to you. Are you getting in all your water? How about exercising? How much do you do, and what type? Are you measuing everything? I'm sure you've heard all of this. If you find something that works, please share it with us. We should be asking you questions since you have done AWESOME on this plan. I'm proud of you and it gives me hope that I will get to my goal sometime soon.

Hey, my center is having Open House on Friday and Saturday of this week. I was told that they will have lots of specials and food cooking so we can try a few things. I'm going back to the center on Friday and I'll let you know how it was.

I'll write more later - I have to read all the posts I missed. Hugs to all, Sy
Old 02-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #48  

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks chickies for the support!

I am 30 years old; and I have two kids. My son is 15 and my daughter is 13. I weighed 135 when I got pregnant with my son and 126 after I had him (BAD PREGNANCY). I think I weighed about 140 when I got pregnant with my daughter; I blew up like a cow to around 190 while I was pregnant. After I had her I slowly got up to 215. I split from my husband and lost down to 155, but I have no idea how...I did go to the YMCA for a while and worked out, but being a single mother the cost was getting to be too much.

Then after many many bad food choices and many many pepsis later, I got to 230! I had the doctor do tests on me and everything to make sure nothing was wrong with me. Then I decided, I had to get it off.

I have not been exercising; again, being a single mother, I cannot afford to do the weight loss program and the YMCA membership. I plan to get the membership after this is over and tone... But we will see....

As far as the water goes, I probably drink too much. I drink anywhere from 10 to 14, sometimes more, 8oz servings per day. I don't like diet drinks, milk, Crystal Light, tea, or coffee so water is my only fluid; therefore, I drink alot.

I know one thing I do wrong; but no matter how hard I try it still happens. I eat dinner late. Even if I try to start cooking when I get home from work, it is still 7 or 8 before we eat. I go to college at night on Tuesday so I don't even get home until 9. My finance' cooks for me most of the time but 9 is still too late. I try not to go straight to bed but 5:30 a.m. comes early!

Anyways, thanks and good luck everyone!

Karen
PS: Sorry, I started rambling....
Old 02-03-2005, 01:44 PM   #49  

Our center is having a Valentines day open house...with samples of products and on plan snacks. But it is on Monday and I only go on Saturday. : (
Old 02-03-2005, 02:46 PM   #50  

Hi Chickies!

I know I haven't been around, but things have been swamped this week. I have a ton of posts to read through!

I went to WI yesterday and I'm the same for about a week so I need to mix things up a bit. I know it's because I had family visiting from out of town and we went out to eat alot! * I should hopefully go down on Saturdays WI.

How's everyone's week going? I went to the Center yesterday and found out that my favorite counselor, who was also the center manager, had resigned. I was really upset. She's the one that convinced me to try LAWL and I would almost always see her on my weekly WIs. I'm really going to miss her. It's funny because I really looked forward to her encouragement and solutions to my downfalls. They brought one new counselor in and she's really nice, but really young! I don't know if I told you all, but the "Counselor from ****" also left and I was excited about that one, but very sad about the manager leaving.

Thank Goodness for all you Chickies out there!

Well I have a lot to read...I'll be back

Diane
Old 02-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #51  

Smile 34 Degrees outside

Sy -You said "I'm sitting here eatting warm mush" Now that sounds like something that would actually make me stop eating,maybe I should try it

Diane- Sorry to hear about losing the good counslor/manager (see the good one's never stay), they have to make more room for the ones. hey I wanted to mention to you that there is a thread about "Brides to Be" don't remember but it might be under Chatter

MetalChik - Sounds like you are one busy chick. I'm surely no expert on this but if you could just start walking (at the mall?) I bet it would boost your metabolizm & burn more calories. Regardless you have done awesome - congrats! And you weren't rambling - we ask. Your like the biggest loser we've had on here, we need details

Congrats Michele- Way to go!

I bet Julie has a tan by now........
Old 02-03-2005, 05:38 PM   #52  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Chicks,
I haven't really had a chance to post today but wanted to come on here real quick and do it now. We are having computer problems at home but hopefully we can figure out what's wrong and get it fixed.
I finally started my calorie counting today (and writing it down) I just couldn't get moving with it before and some of my meal choices haven't been that great either. But, so far so good today and I did my 3rd day in a row on the bike this morning. I sure didn't want to do it but I forced myself to do 10 minutes. This is really a big accomplishment for me. I do want to continue with this. I just feel better when I do it. I also started taking vitamins and calcium. I sound like a professional dieter huh?...
But anyway, I just wanted to drop in for a minute. I'll be on the scales in the morning updating the the ticker.
I hope you all have had a great day.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:40 PM   #53  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Looks like I kind of messed up my own challenge... I'll just have to see how the rest of the month goes...
Old 02-03-2005, 07:55 PM   #54  

Bride-to-Be, you made me laugh when I saw the picture with the pacifier. LOL! Sorry to hear that your favorite counselor left, but also glad that the one from **** is finally out of there as well. Staying the same is better than a gain anyday! Stay on-track and you will be at your goal in no time.

Metal, I'm with Star. Just making little steps in the exercising area will make a difference. Maybe you could get some walking in at work. Every little bit really helps. It snows lots here and normally pretty cold, but on the warmer days (okay, we think 30 is warm) we go for walks around our building a couple times as much as we can - just to get outside and get some fresh air. It's so refreshing. Don't know how you could get your dinner is earlier - but if you switched your dinner amounts with your breakfast amounts a couple days a week, maybe that would do it for you? It's worth a try?

Star, I bet Julie has a tan too. Julie - missing your posts.

Karen (Rusty), way to go girl! 3 days in a row in exercising is awesome! I knew your could do it and from your previous posts - I do know what an accomplishment it is for you! That is how I got into exercising, baby steps. If I could do 5 minutes on the Nordic Trac, that's what I did - then moved up very slowly as I knew if I tried to kill myself, I would just quit. After 2 years, I'm still exercising - and I really enjoy it. I feel better and I sleep better. I never had a problem sleeping, it's just I feel more rested in the morning.

I have to tell you a story. My starting hours at work use to be between 7-7:30am and I drive the same way each morning. All of a sudden, I started seeing this heavy women walking every morning. Then, after a while - she started running. I couldn't believe that she could even run - I know I can't. Needless to say, she slimmed right down and looks really good. My hours at work changed to 6:30am and I didn't get to see her anymore (to check out her progress). So, today I was arriving to work about 7:00am (as I worked from home last night). So, who did I see - the runner and she now has a running friend. I'm so proud of her, and she must have inspired the person that was with her today. I felt like stopping and telling her how proud I was of both of them (figured she would think I was a crazy women and call the cops). So, it can be addicting - but what better thing to get addicted to.

Have a good evening everyone. Sy
Old 02-03-2005, 08:13 PM   #55  

Sy - what a great story! If I were that woman, being noticed and applauded (figuratively speaking) even - or maybe especially - by a total stranger, would make my day!

Fiona

p.s. everybody - tickerfactory.com has new spring tickers.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:14 PM   #56  

yikes... just weighed in... up 2.6 pounds since MONDAY.... and i've done really good this week. how discouraging!
Old 02-03-2005, 08:49 PM   #57  
BAS
BAS

Cici - I can relate to the dang scale thing - Most of this week I was in tears - then I get angry at the scale then I want to hurt it like it hurt me But we have to look at it this way - our bodies are stubborn and we just have to be more stubborn that our bodies so we can win the battle.

I'm on the purple plan and today was really the first day that I didn't nibblle that I stuck to it faithfully. I even have some foods to go but I'm not really hungry. I don't believe I exercise enough to have a problem not eating enough. I only exercise 30-45 min each day and at least once a week skip a day like today -

Had my blood drawn today to check the ole cholestoral - you know the kind that comes wth pre-menopause - at least thats what I was told. I rarely eat cheese or eggs and hardly any red meat - God forbid anything even considered fried in hot bubbly grease - oops I'm drooling. Actually I take that back - I think I would get sick if I ate something fried in grease.

What I did today was save one of my luna bars - the pecan one for my after supper treat and that did the trick - I was able to stop eating for the night but it was hard not to eat it at work - so I kept busy and just ate my apple.

Well I gotta get busy and balance my hubby's checking account - ug. I should charge him for that mess. Every month - same ole same ole. Forgets to write things down.

Okay I'm hoping for an even better day tomorrow so I'll talk to everyone then. Except Star - who can't on weekends - when you going to buy a computer for home girl????

Hugs to all ----- Karen -3 days in a row - you deserve a
Old 02-03-2005, 09:46 PM   #58  

my counselor was actually a lot nicer about the gain than the last time i gained... she gave me a 3 day plan... drink lots of lemon water, no lunch meats, no frozen meals and no condiments... i only eat frozen meals about once a week... hopefully i am able to control this over the weekend!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:53 PM   #59  

Default Questions

I am going in for a consultation with LAWL tomorrow. I was curious, is it very pricey? I was reading what I could on the internet and I found quite a few sites that stated it is very expensive and not worth what one ends up paying. If anyone could give me an idea of what the cost is and let me know if those sites that are negative about this program are wrong or not, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:25 AM   #60  

Aag118: The thing about this plan is that they want to you pay up front, and it depends on when you join. When I joined last April - I only paid $3.00. My plan was under $300 and I had 40-50 lbs to lose. If I was going to Weight Watchers, that was $12-14.00 at the time so to me it was well worth it. The do have 'products' they like to force some people into buying, the first would be their LA Lites which are expensive because at first they want you to buy them for a year. You can join the plan without them but you have to be the type of person that can say NO to a hard sales pitch. Wish you would have asked a day or 2 ahead of time because then everyone could have given you their opinion. The number of weeks you pay upfront are based on the amount of weight you want to lose. I was well worth the money to be because I tried many plans before coming to LA and this is the only one that I've had success on (since the pre-Points at WW). It's very similar to their old exchange plan.

Good Luck on your decision. Sy
Closed Thread