Old 01-06-2005, 09:14 AM   #181  

Kaycee Morgan Stang
January 5, 2005 at 4:30pm
Weight: 6 lbs 3 ounces (of adorable Angel future Diva Princess)
Height: 19 inches (model like tall and thin)
Eyes: Dark Blue
Hair: Blonde (real short shag)

What can I tell you? When you see her your mouth drops open, she is so cute that you just have to hold her. But we couldn't becuz since she is early and was hooked up to monitors (due date was really February 4) We did get to hold her hand, then she looked at each of us and even smiled (well it could have been gas, but it looked like a smile to me).
Her little hands and arms were doing that girly movement thing, like she was trying to tell us what she wanted to wear or something. She had on the pink and blue stocking cap and I think she wanted the rest of the matching outfit to cover that tacky diaper.
She looks alot like daddy Casey, who by the way, was in a cloud-9 coma type state with a permanent smile on his face. You probably want to know how mommy Katie is doing? She looked very relieved and beautiful as well, she had the smile thing going on too......
When I left the hospital at 8:30 last night many of KT & KC's friends, Eric & Amanda were all there. Kaycee already attracts a crowd. Ofcourse big cousin, David was there to check out his new first cousin/playmate.
KC just called and Kaycee is doing so good that she gets to move into KT's room today. WAIT - that means I can hold her - gotta go now - Bye
Love, Grandma Trina
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:24 AM   #182  
234/165.8/160

Star-That's fantastic! She sounds beautiful...can hardly wait for pictures!!!!
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:29 AM   #183  
234/165.8/160

Carolyn-Welcome to the board and I'm gald you found us....I had exactly the same reservations you did. I researched everything on the web and found pretty much what you did, a lot of negativity, but I took the plunge anyway and am so glad I did! I lost 40lbs in about 3 months....the holidays have been a little rough, but I'm back on track and plan to lose the other 40. I use the expense as motivation to continue even when I don't feel like it...I just tell myself I've spent all this money, I need to make this work!

Personally, I use the bars, but have read from many people that they substitue the Luna bars and it works for them.

I think the rate varies by region. i'm in Ohio and our normal rate is $7/week, I got mine at $5, so $3 is a bargain. I thought I read here a while back that some areas are $11/week...ouch!

Congrats on the new baby and good luck with the program. If you need advice or encouragement, this is the palce for it :-)

btw-POP means Perfect on Plan
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:44 AM   #184  
191.8/168.2/160

Carolyn - you got a great deal joining for $3 a week. Here in NC, the usual rate is $9 per week. I think I joined at $7.

Anyway, the plan does work and stick to it. You will love the results.

Star - Congrats! I know you can't wait to hold her.

I told my counselor yesterday that I bought some bars off e-bay. She said "no problem" and kept me on the Gold Plan. Yeah!
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:46 AM   #185  

Good morning everyone!

Welcome Carolyn!! It sounds like you have exactly the right attitude to make this plan work. I hope you have a good group of counselors at your center - a good or bad counselor can make or break your desire to stick with the plan, some days! If you've been reading you probably caught the comment that it can seem overwhelming at first, but after a while it feels like you've never eaten any other way - it's so true.

Star - woooooo hooooooo! Congratulations! She sounds like she's born to be a diva! See you....eventually!

Marcie - don't sweat it too much! Drink some extra water.

Speaking of lettuce - does anyone have a really effective way of storing bagged lettuce? I'm usually the only one in my house eating it, and some of the lettuce always manages to go gross before I can eat it all.

Off to pretend I'm working - see you all later!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:52 AM   #186  
156/127.4/127.4

Congrats to the new little diva! Won't be long before Grandma has her on the bike decked out in leather and maybe a little lace!! Congrats to you and your family Star, what a blessing for the new year!!!
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:58 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Carolyn-Luna bars work just fine as a replacement for LA Lites. I am sure that there are other bars or shakes that will work as well-you just have to look that it has balanced nutrients, and between 150-180 calories each-with preferably 10+ grams of protein. Avent Edge has shakes that are 180 calories each and will work well too.

However-I do NOT recommend All-in One bars by Dexatrim, or Herbalife bars-or anything with ephedra, ma huang, siberian ginseng or other sorts of herbal "fat burning" ingredients. They don't work-all they do is cause the potential for health problems. Pretty much all they are is herbal "speed".

What you want from the Lite or other bar/shake is the protein and nutrition-not any herbal crap. That goes for any of the supplements LAWL may push at you as well-no fat burners, starch blockers, etc. It is a total waste of your cash-and a potential health risk.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:58 AM   #188  

Karen-
I am on the red plan...I get soo much food that it is hard to get it all in! Lucky me. : )
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:09 AM   #189  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

I just called about joining and the rate is $8.00 a week. When do they usually run specials. I thought they would have something for the new year but they don't. I quess I will continue to do it on my own until I hear about a special. The bad thing is that they don't advertise their specials so how is one suppose to know about them.

bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:23 AM   #190  

WooHoo Star! She sounds like a heartbraker! I guess we'll see you around -- after a few weeks! She's BIG for being early, no?

Carolyn, the plan is expensive - but I figured it was about the same as WW at 14$/week for the weight loss weeks even though maintenance is free in WW. Paying for it all up front means that I have an interest in continuing so I don't let all that money just end up in their pockets. I do substitute Luna bars for the lites. There is nothing magic about the LA brand name. The diet is really just an exchange based program, and gives you a balanced diet of all types of food. (The main problem I have - sometimes I don't want all the fruits, or the diary, or whatever.. .) Re the nutrients in bars - I always look at anytype of bar in the store - if they have 180 cals or under, over 10 grams of protein, then I take a look at the cost and the flavors.

But, Thank Heavens for 3FC!

Fiona - I think if you wrap the lettuce in a paper towel it'll keep it from getting slimey.

Bev - sometimes I see on a TV commercial the reduced rates. They probably don't have a special now since they don't need one to bring in people - everyone's NY resolutions. . . But just post if you have any questions about serving sizes; I'm sure someone here will help you out.

Aphil, I thought all ephedra stuff was off the market now? Thanks for posting the nutrient info.
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:31 AM   #191  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I paid $6 a week, but my experience is that if you went in and they told you the program and you said you couldn't do it, they'd have a "sale" suddenly and offer it for less...
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #192  

Most of the ephedra stuff is...you can still find a bit out there-but there are other potentially harmful fat burners/starch blockers/herbal weight loss supplements and other junk out there.

its_my_life-if you want a "real" special you can get copies of the LAWL plans-all the colors and the Take Off plans on Ebay for under $10-emailed to you within 24 hours. If you need "weigh-in" accountability-have a friend weigh you once a week and record it for you-and keep hold of the scale the rest of the week. You can get LA Lites off Ebay as well...and have learned the other replacements for the Lites and juice on this thread already. Why shell out hundreds of dollars when you don't have to?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:53 AM   #193  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

are there any cheaper alternative to the supplements especially the carb enders? I do have a copy of the plan ( even the new plan) so I will probably just do it myself, use luna bars and la lite bars from ebay.

bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:05 AM   #194  

Don't waste your money on the supplements either...any benefit they may have is microscopic.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:43 AM   #195  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

When I joined, it was also 8.00 a week. Our center here advertises in the newspaper and has some ads on tv.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote