3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL & Friends #86 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/50255-lawl-friends-86-a.html)

Star 12-16-2004 11:25 AM

To my friends
I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me and we
all could use more calm in our lives. By following the simple advice I heard
on a Dr. Phil show, I have finally found inner peace.

Dr. Phil proclaimed the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the
things you have started. So I looked around my house to see things I
started and hadn't finished; and, before leaving the house this morning I
finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of
Baileys, a bottle of Kahlua, a package of Oreos, the remainder of both
Prozac and Valium prescriptions, the rest of the Cheesecake, some
Saltines and a box of Chocolates.

You have no idea how freaking good I feel.

Please pass this on to those you feel are in need of inner peace

vibrantecho 12-16-2004 12:26 PM

Morning Chickies!

I don't think next week is the very last BL - they haven't plastered "SEASON FINALE" all over the ads, yet. Plus it's kind of anti-climactic to go from four to a winner. I am curious to see what is so "very emotional" about this next episode. I think we ended up with a good bunch of "finalists" if you will - all of them have worked hard and deserve to win. I didn't like Gary at first but he is growing on me. Ryan's "story" hasn't been particularly noteworthy, but he has consistently been one of the top losers ever since the show began. Kelly I like because she is a hard worker and doesn't complain. And then there's MO! :) I am just so impressed with how hard he works! I would have expected bigger losses, but who knows? I bet they have to "pace" his workouts somewhat differently from the rest. He probably just can't run as fast, of course, or do as many sit-ups, etc. Regardless of when he goes out, I can't wait to see his AFTER picture and see if he's kept up the losses since filming.

My mom is SO funny. She was telling me how the guy at Toys R Us told her she could find the Dora furniture on Ebay "for about a hundred bucks," when I told her that meant ALL the furniture, not just one set, she was like, "Oh! I can do that! You'll have to show me how to work this e-bay thing....!" LOL! My mom is so computer illiterate, it's actually cute sometimes. But I told her to just stick with the original plan, cause I'd rather have someone give Brianna $100 in new clothes over $100 in overpriced toy furniture! :rolleyes:

Star - thanks, I need some inner peace. I've been on the phone nonstop this morning, either fielding calls (which is what I get paid for) or making them...! Brianna's preschool Christmas program is tonight and I'm trying to make sure everyone knows when and where and how to get there. :dizzy:

Hope everyone is having a good day! Ooops! There goes the phone again! :blah:

Fiona

Meegs 12-16-2004 12:28 PM

Star~ As usual, you find some great inspirational items to post for us! I have a feeling that might be what I want to do when i go to my parent's house next week for the holidays! My grandmother moved down by where they live this year, and that woman is not happy unless everyone is eating one of her cookies or pies! :rollpin: I will need the ultimate willpower! Thank goodness I will only be down there for 4 days. How much damage can one do in only 4 days?! :goodluck:

auditgirl 12-16-2004 12:30 PM

Star-Your message made me laugh because at lunch i bought I bottle of Jack Daniels as a gift, a bottle of crown as a gift and large bottle of Asti Spumante to share with my family and friends during our Christmas Eve open house...I think i have a problem :-) though it's great to know many other ladies on this board enjoy an 'occassional' drink, too!

Meegs-Not sure how to help with veggies, I love them and have a hard time getting in that last fruit, but the addition of raisins should help. I usually do a salad at lunch and that gets in 2 of mine there, if not three. I also do broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, frozen green beans..all kinds of stuff. Do you have a veggie steamer...I use mine all the time and found it helps cook them just the right amount, so I'm not guessing and getting them too mushy...yech...

Britt- Congrats on being done with finals...I remember those days...keep up the great work, it'll be worth it!

I've also been watching the biggest loser and am torn between Gary and ryan...i didn't like ryan a lot at first, but I think he's grown a lot during the show, while Gary was always a nice guy I think Ryan is figuring out how to fit in and relate to people without his sarcastic attitude.

Have a great day,
Jen

textjewel 12-16-2004 12:33 PM

Star - does that mean you'd already finished that Dorito mix, and you were just on a roll to finish all the unfinished stuff ??? And I guess you needed as an after-the-audit celebration. Is your fiscal year over at the end of December? BUT - I have to say, this guy seems to know how to word his contracts! Donuts and Pizza! (And don't you really think he's just lonely - and needs to talk to people) And I suspect the tuna tasted better because you were purer in heart.

Britt - hope you didn't take what I wrote as a criticism - I didn't mean it as such . . .I try to always weigh in the lightest stuff I have, but sometimes they are in the laundry.

sammyboy 12-16-2004 12:39 PM

Morning Chicks!

Star-I am still laughing about that!!! Were they RF Oreo's? I bought a package and they are in my cupboard, after my week, I just may take ol' Phil's advice!!

Okay, Finally I am finished with Fall 04 semester! I don't think I have ever been more excited to see the morning over!

DH called at 11:30 last night, I was sound asleep, to tell me that there was freezing rain at the Boise Airport and they had just cancelled his flight. NICE! I freaked out as I had a test at 8:00 which means I leave at 7:00, Jake had to be to school by 7:00, Dylan leaves for the bus at 7:50 and of course my little orphan boy, Noah needed to go to school. SO, Jake skipped moring class to get Dylan on the bus, and Noah is still in pj's! Am I the worst mom or what!!!! DH just called and was in baggage claim so he is planning on sleeping most of the day. Noah is still mad as we could not go to school, so McDonald's here we come!!

Kristi-So glad you are done with TO and feel good about it! I hope I did not sound snide yesterday about getting to the center cuz I really was only kidding! It is hard to type a facial expression and joke sometimes!!! I really only meant niceness!!

SY-TOM is slow and killing me this time too! Still craving but trying to keep it under control today!!

Laureen-welcome back!! Don't worry the "soup" weight will be gone in no time!

I am one of those that takes my "lite" clothes to wi! I wi in a pair of shorts that I wi on the first day and they pretty much hang to my knees! The counselor always laughs and then the bright, white, legs are even funnier!!

So glad everyone is doing well! I better get Noah bathed and dressed before H&W comes to inspect the home!!! (That's a joke!!)

auditgirl 12-16-2004 12:41 PM

Meegs- I can do a lot of damage to myself in 4 days! I'm just going to try to practice portion control and moderation....except for certain holiday beverages :-)

Star 12-16-2004 12:57 PM

Meegs - You wrote "My grandmother moved down by where they live this year, and that woman is not happy unless everyone is eating one of her cookies or pies!" Ah yes, that would make her an "apron lady", my mom too. I tell my freinds that go with me to moms, If you don't want to eat at her house, you have to shoot her at the door.....lol

Julie - Our year here ends in December....but the ISO Audit is in December prior to year end. The tuna tasted so good becuz I know by eating it I will never look like that evil male roly-poly auditor.......lol

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the Dr.Phil joke so much, sent to me by a friend. Also glad to see that several of us will be toasting in the holidays........I did find some Mikes Hard Lemonaide that is 1 carb and 76 calories a bottle (how bad can that be?)...lol And would that count as a fruit? I could have 3, hum sounds good to me.....

Jen - your plan for eating during the holidays sounds very smart to me...and actually doable..
Hugs

vibrantecho 12-16-2004 01:24 PM

Meegs, right when you get there, pick out the biggest cookie you can find, or put a slice of pie on a plate, take one bite and then carry it around the rest of the weekend - LOL! Like they tell you to carry your "diet" beverage of choice around at parties so that your generous hosts don't try to convince you to have another! I can just see myself walking around for four days carrying the same stale cookie... :T YUM!! :lol:

Fiona

Meegs 12-16-2004 01:43 PM

Fiona~ I can just see myself! Every time grandma comes over with that same plate with one bite taken out of it! :)

Jen~ I think I am going to have to follow in your lead. Portion control and moderation. I am good at portion control.. but not so much in moderation! If I have a portion now, I can have another in an hour, right!?!?!? :nono:

Sammy~ I think Noah is ok with missing one day! (this coming from a former teacher!) I don't know how you manage it all! I am lucky to get MYSELF out the door on time in the morning!

Star~ I think Grandma could be an apron lady. Every Christmas until I was a teenager, we would have a cookie baking weekend at her house. I'm pretty sure I ate more sugar in those weekends than I have in the last 9 months!

Doing scale control today.. just dined on a YUMMY lunch of baby carrots, Sugar Free Jello and the Chocolate LA Slim Down. Do any of you like the slim downs? I love the chocolate one! I put it in the freezer at 9ish.. by 1 is it just like a frosty from Wendy's! :cb: (or the lower calorie/higher protein/less fat version!) Although my freezer at home freezes them MUCH faster.. you might want to play around with the freezing times. Cause it is SO frustrating when you go to eat it, and it is rock solid! :stress:

SyracuseNY 12-17-2004 05:54 AM

Hi everyone.

Welcome Video - your weight and goal are just about the same as many of on this board. Very interesting. Glad you made it back and 'came out' from behind the seen.

Ladies. I'm going to try to post differently. I think it would be easier for me to read a page of posts and comment, then read the next and comment again. I haven't been able to post too much lately and with 3-4 pages to read each time I'm on the board, I hardly have time to post. I'm not complaining about the posts, I love it - it's more that I feel that I'm missing out because I can't post. Just wanted you to know in case it seems like I'm talking about old stuff.

Star: I knew I liked Dr Phil. LOL! Good for you for not eatting pizza and for not telling that guy off or telling him what you were thinking. All must have been very hard.

Sammy, how's Noah doing now that DH is back? Just kidding! Are your finals over? TOM is finally here and my cravings are pretty much gone. Just in time for the holidays, so hopefully I will have some type of control, at least portion control.

Fiona, about carrying the cookie around for 4 days or for 2-3 hours at a party would be impossible for me.

Britt, I wear the same clothes each time I WI too. Okay, not the 'exact' same clothes like you. But I do wear the same type of slacks and same top. I bring them along with me for a quick change (and change back) when I have something else on.

Gotta run, have to see how I can remove "Virtual Bouncer" from my PC - I hate spywear! Later, Sy

aphil 12-17-2004 08:18 AM

:lol:

You guys could always have a very close friend/spouse spit on your big cookie you are carrying around after you have taken your one bite...that way noone will bother you about eating, and you won't be tempted to finish it. :rofl:

Yeah...I'm demented. But, it would work.

Aphil

Star 12-17-2004 10:04 AM

Morning Chicks,,,

Aphil - Very funny approach, but after someone spit on my cookie I don't think I could stand to carry it around any longer - yuck......lol

Sy - Girl - you post as often as you like. We love your posts! Actually, about the audit guy - I felt sorry for him becuz he didn't care how he looks.......

Meegs - I had two apron grandmas, both from Tenn and could they ever cook! One of them lived with us - hence my weight issues. I would give anything to have picked up their cooking skills, grandma skills and "spoil everyone" skills! I was very blessed!

Okay, one thing that works for me at get togethers/parties,etc. When I focus and take care of everyone else people don't worry so much about what I'm eating/drinking. I just try to stay real busy, it also takes my mind off the food/drink. JMO......

Hugs to everyone.....

textjewel 12-17-2004 11:54 AM

Good Morning, chickies!

Had a terrific week this week - down another .8 today! I'm at 206 even - so that's 22 pounds lost since the beginning of October - I'm still hoping for another 10 by the end of January .. .

Sy - we love you - post any way that's easy for you .. .

Well, I love the cookie ideas, but cookies are not my downfall. Let's see. could I do it for a piece of cake, or a bowl of ice cream? I even like melted ice cream, so I'd have to go with the spit idea. (love it, Aphil)

I had one apron Grandma, and one weight conscience grandma - no wonder I'm not happy thin or fat . . too many mixed messages. . .

My aim for this weekend is portion control - got two lunches to go to - but then I'm clear until the holidays. Funny - there is nothing like a successful weight loss week to keep a person OP. Well, as much OP as a person can be.

Fiona - what did you decide about your DD's present?

BTW, gals, I did read something interesting recently about TOM and weight loss (don't remember where, though) -- estrogen is a retained in the fat, so when we lose fat, there's more estrogen floating around in the body. Which causes havoc with our TOM, etc. . .

Sorry if I missed anyone - and a {{{{hug}}}}

Star 12-17-2004 11:58 AM

Congrats Julie.......and even so close to the holidays...you rock!