3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL & Friends #86 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/50255-lawl-friends-86-a.html)

textjewel 12-15-2004 12:51 PM

Kristi - I totally agree with you - I did have blueberry pie one day instead of a lite and I lost at the next WI. The counselor said something about a lite not really being a snack because of it's high protein content, which is true, but the program really doesn't give options for these life happens events, and how we are supposed to handle them during maintainence. I guess I'll try to pin them down when I get there. . .

Star - We miss you - good luck with the audit - seems like they come around really fast. . . :?:

vibrantecho 12-15-2004 02:44 PM

Where's Star with that rolling pin? :rollpin: I need someone to knock some sense back into me! I'm dying to go on ebay and get the furniture for Brianna's darn Dora Talking Dollhouse. On the one hand, it's really cool! But on the other hand, she's FOUR - she won't even realize it's supposed to HAVE furniture, I bet. Or she'll sub in pieces from her Little People house and stuff and never know the difference. Why did I have to fall for 2004's version of Tickle Me Elmo???????

Fiona

brittyboo07 12-15-2004 02:48 PM

IM DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My last final was yesterday!!! Sammy keep up the good work and study hard i know you will do great! I ended up with a B for PoliSci class. i really wanted an A but oh well lol. All of grades are not up yet i still have 3 that i dont know what i have yet officially but i can guess as to what they are. I think i will end up with 4 A's 1 B and 1C DAMN GEOLOGY LECTURE! So thanks for all the finals well wishes they sure do help lol.

Well i dont think i checked back in on monday i was down .75 lbs and when i went in today i was at the same which i dont get. According to my scales i was down a total of 21 lbs this morning and it was probably 1-2 hrs after that that i was at the center and im only down 19.75 oh well i will have that 20 lb aviatar this week! its only .25 lbs surely i can do that.

My fruit intake still sucks. For some reason maybe its the colder weather i just either dont want to eat at all or at least not the things i know are good for me. But i am however eating an apple as we speak.

I have to start checking in daily again there is so much to catch up on lol. Welcome to all the newbies!

Meegs congrats on being queen this week :)

I wanted to be down 30 lbs by christmas but im thinking that might not be doable. However if i can just get down to 238 i think is when they are putting me on the next plan which is purple. So thats what... 7.5 lbs by christmas. That is 1 week and 3 days. Hummmm i dont know if that is going to happen either. Wow reality bites!!! Haha. lets see where i am on friday before i decide!

Im glad everyone is doing so well. I have to get back on track my water intake has been bad along with everything else. So from now untill Dec. 24 its POP all the time!!! Anyone care to join me?

Oh yeah forgot to tell yall i just the windser pilates think i will start that tonight! And my treadmill who has been greatly neglected is going to start getting some much needed attention! They told me at the center to keep up with how much exercise im doing from now on.

Talk to everyone later
Britt

vibrantecho 12-15-2004 03:19 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAY, Britt!!! :cheer: How much school do you have left?

Fiona

Meegs 12-15-2004 04:38 PM

afternoon

Hi ladies! Today has been a hectic day for me too! We had our work hoiday party. It was at one of those family style Italian places. There were not too many "Plan" choices. I has salad (loaded in dressing) a few pites of pasta, salmon (whoo hoo!) and a few bites of dessert. I will say it was one of those life happens moments. But the downside is that I need to go weigh in today. I was down to 164.6 on my scale this am.. I wonder how much damage I did! Especially considering how much I was down at my center weigh in on Monday evening. Whatever, I will drink lots of water tonight!! :)

Kristi~ I know you will make it through day 2 of TO.. I am sending you be strong vibes!

Fiona~ Congrats on your lowest weight! Keep it up!

Julie~ Over 21 pounds is a great accomplishment.. you are a third of the way there.. WOO HOO ;)

Britt~ Congrats on being done for the semester! Think of all that free time you will have now! How many more semesters do you have to go?

Hi to all of you other chicks. I must go finish up some things and then go weigh in. Crossing my fingers that on Friday when I go in, whatever I am up from this power lunch I just had is gone!

sammyboy 12-15-2004 09:32 PM

Evening All!!

I know I should be studying for my final, final but I am feeling chatty and nobody else is here! Check out the new ticker!!!

videochick 12-15-2004 10:04 PM

Hi,

I'm new to 3FC, but also not new to LAWL. Have been a "member" since May 02, reached my goal, panicked, and gained 10lbs back. Now I'm struggling to lose it again. I'm so happy to find this site. While the counselors at my center are very nice and don't give the hard sell, they are pretty clueless regarding nutrition. I could never figure out why we could eat certain things or not, etc. Anyway, I've learned so much from lurking here the past day or so, I decided to out myself! Hopefully, I will have tips and info to share, also.

I gained 1lb over the last week, which I think is from having a lot of soup due to a bad cold. Anyway, I'd like to blame it on the sodium! I am currently at 161 and would like to get back down to 150, maybe 145. I'm currently on the Gold Plan (rec'd the new plan tonight, but haven't really looked at it yet). Hate the TakeOff but will do it if desperate.

Nice to meet you all,
Melissa aka videochick

laureen 12-15-2004 11:50 PM

Hi Chicks,
Haven't posted in a while, computer was down and I wish I was. This has been a tough time for me. Thee holidays, parents here for 10 days etc. I am behaving now and hope to stay POP. See everyone else is doing great. I missed reading all the posts. I did get the new plan I'm on purple but my daughter did no she's on orange. Well keep up the good work. Glad to be back.
Laureen :)

SyracuseNY 12-16-2004 06:52 AM

Hi everyone. Still so busy at work. Got in early today so I could read all the posts.

Julie, your right about 'judgement' day as to when DH will start watching what he's eatting again. I know that it won't happen until after the holidays for him like Audit said - it's a very hard time of year to start a diet. Star, DH does make me look smaller too and he's the same once he puts his mind to it, all he has to do it say 'diet' 3 times like your DH. I do love him either way, but it freaks me out when he starts huffing and puffing (he has never been so out of shape), and he can barely put on his shoes and socks without a struggle - he's only 52 years old. He gains weight mostly in his stomach and that is the reason for the problem with shoes. Sammy, DH and I normally cook for ourselves during the week and he cooks a nice meal on Saturday's. It's kind of strange in our house, I know. He really likes to cook and won't eat chicken and turkey everyday of the week like me. LOL! Since I've been on LA, he's worst than every about not wanting to eat what I eat. Oh well, it works out okay for us. I take that back, he will eat salad so everytime I make one for me, I make one for him. If we agree to have steak, he cooks it on the grill for both of us. Doesn't matter if it's sunny or a bizzard, he will only eat steak cooked on the grill. So, it's not as black and white as it appears to be.

Aphil: Great idea with having the 4oz of juice and have a glass of water before and after, why didn't I think of that? LOL!

Welcome Lisa.

Fiona: I'm so glad that Lisa was kicked off BL this week. I really want Dave to win. Mo is doing great and he has really impressed me with that running he's done over the past couple weeks. I'm suprised he didn't have a heart attack, I really am. I don't think he will win as he doesn't seem to lose weight very quickly for a man, and being over 400 to start. My DH thinks he must cheat when it comes to eatting or he would have lost more weight by now? I don't agree, some people just can't lose weight at the same rate as others. I'm proof of that.

Kristi and Fiona: Bob could be my trainer as well.

The lights are on the tree and it's just about completed. Would like to put on a few more decorations and it looks beautiful. I think it's the prettiest tree that we've ever had.

Star. My DH says the same thing when I taste something that is not exactly OP and I rave about how good it tastes. He keeps telling me that my taste buds aren't working since I've been on LA, that no matter what I ate - if it wasn't OP - it would taste better to me. I have to agree with him on that one.

Sammy, TOM is not here yet - but must be any day as the cravings have just about stopped. Man, get her already.

Everyone have a great day, I gotta run. Hugs, Sy

textjewel 12-16-2004 09:35 AM

Good morning, chickies!

Britt - congrats on being done! I'm with you on the fruit - I'm don't have all three every day - do you like applesauce? The little cups are one serving. Did the center tell you how much exercise to do?

Welcome,Melissa! Grab a :coffee: and join us! I think you'll like the new program - much more liveable. (no canned soup, though).

Hi Laureen - glad that you're back. How is your daughter doing? How is the orange plan different than purple?

Meegs - did you beat that pasta :devil: ? (BTW - I'm actually about 1/4 of the way there- still have 60+ to get to goal weight - but I'm very pleased with the 21 pounds. . .)

Sy - I agree, I really want Dave to win - I think he deserves it. Do you take pictures of your trees every year?

Star - how did the audit go?

Fiona - look at it this way, if she mixes and matches her toys, it shows that she can 'think outside the box' and will probably be a great interior decorator.

Hugs and skinny vibes -
They are mentioning that four letter word (SNOW) here in the Sunday forecast - Meegs will know what I mean . . .

brittyboo07 12-16-2004 10:25 AM

ok then! I will try this again i just lost eveything i posted. HAHA wonder if i can remeber everything i was saying lol.

I have a few minutes of down time here at work so wanted to check in. Im freezing and starving that isnt a good combo. I neglected to eat breakfast this morning before i left so hardee's sounds really good right now! But im drinking a bottle of water and will eat a bar in a few. I have been so lazy in being op this past week or so i dont understand it. But im trying to stay OP till christmas eve.

Fiona & Meegs
Yes im so exctied to be done with classes till Jan 18! I have about 4 semesters left that includes my student teaching. So i should graduate Dec. 2006 (cross your fingers!)

Kristi
Do you do pilates? I havent started yet but plan on starting monday.

Melissa
Welcome to the club and congrats on outing yourself.

Julie
To bad for me that im so picky about my fruit! I dont like applesauce lol wish i did. No they didnt tell me at the center how much to do but they do want me to let them know when i start and how much i will be doing so they can keep up with it so im just going to write it in my journal.

Ok a few of you have said you want Dave to win but he was voted off already the only guys left are Ryan, Gary and Mo. I think tuesday will be very dramatic. I cant believe its the last show! Ok i better go and do a little more work!

ill check in later
Britt

Meegs 12-16-2004 10:33 AM

Morning!

Good morning! It's a COLD one here. When I went to the gym at 5:45 it was 20 degrees.. brrrr. No running outside for me today. Way too cold for me!

Well, I did have a few bites of the pasta yesterday. My weigh in reflected it. I was up 1 pound, but this am, I was only up .2 on the home scale. I was also wearing a sweater and wool lined pants yesterday. The awesome counselor will always subtract a pound when I weigh in in "heavy" clothes, but she was not available yesterday. So I consider it that I stayed the same!

Welcome Melissa! ;) You will love this group. I finally just started posting about a week ago after lurking for about 5 months! They are some smart women and a great group to use as another resource!

Sammy~ How are the finals coming along? Has DH returned home? I like the new ticker

Kristi~ Did you make it through the 2 day TO? How was it? Congrats on being done!!! :hat:

I don't have a problem with getting the fruit in at all. I have a problem with the veggies. I have never really liked my veggies! :mad: I am finding it a little bit easier now that we can have V8 Low Sodium. I am having a little can of that and 6 baby carrots as my morning snack these days. It's working for now, but I am worried that it will get old fast! Any tips/tricks for sneaking in 4 veggie servings a day (red plan)???? I am trying to get better with using the cookbook as well to spice things up. I make the BBQ turkey on Tuesday, it was really good. My favorite is the sweet and sour Chicken with Pineapple. I am making that tonight! :hungry:

Julie~ I am hoping that snow skips us right over. I have plans to go see the National Tree on Sunday evening. It would be so pretty if it were snowing while we were there.. but I don't want to commute in Monday morning with snow. I will have to take the metro!

All you other chicks.. where are you? Come out and play!!!

textjewel 12-16-2004 10:40 AM

Britt - you are right, I meant Gary. I think Ryan will end up winning, but I like Gary's heart.

Meegs- that truly is an awesome counselor. I have seen some people carry in WI clothes so the scale is not affected with clothes. That's a little too much trouble for me; I figure that it all evens out in the end-

Kristi - did you survive TO?

Star 12-16-2004 11:17 AM

Morning Chicks...

:coffee: Geez, I missed you chicks yesterday :grouphug:

Britt - Thanks for correcting the BL "Dave" issue. I thought I was losing my mind for a minute there and then when two chicks called him Dave - I was like "Yes, it's me" :dizzy: So which did you mean you want to win Gary, Ryan or MO? Britt - Congrats on being done with school for now.

Julie - About the audit. Yesterday was the yearly ISO Quality Standard outside audit. The one afew months ago was our yearly internal audit with our consultant. The one yesterday was very painful due to the male auditor, his habits and his never endeing personal story telling. If he could of stayed to the audit we would have been done at noon, but becuz of his mixing business with self fullfilling personal life stories, it took all day :( Also it is right in his contract that we have to feed him. My boss always likes to have donuts for him in the morning too. Not that he needs it, he wighs around 300 pounds, smokes and annoys the **** out of me :devil: At lunch, I was directed to order pizza. so I called in for a large pizza, bread sticks and pop (to feed 4 guys). When the food arrived, the auditor said is that all? :sumo: I said well I have my own food. He wanted to know why and I told him becuz I always bring my lunch. My boss announces that it is diet food and I always eat stange. The auditor asks me "How many lifes do you have?" I answer "one" He says :blah: "Well then, why don't you just eat and be happy?" At that point, I should of said "Becuz the fear of looking like you do." :lol: So I ate tuna and tomatoes and it never tasted so good ;)

Sy - Yes, it makes sense that our Dh's know our eating habits better than anyone. One day, DH and I were talking about LA eating, my stradegy for eating over the holidays and I said - "You must think I'm nuts?" He said "I knew you were different fromthe day I met you" My reply "Well your lucky I'm nuts, cuz if I weren't I'd weight over 300 pounds" :D

Meegs - Good luck on damage control today. it is freezing here too and we are looking at snow too......burrr

Fiona :rollpin: You have my support to spoil or not to spoil cutie pie (but, she only lives once ya know ;) )

Hi Kristi, Sammy, Laureen and anyone else I missed.....catch you later...

Welcome Videochick (and how did you get that name? Are you in movies :o or just watch alot :?: )

Hugs

brittyboo07 12-16-2004 11:19 AM

Julie lol i am one of those people i weigh in the same outfit everytime. Its not so bad i just keep them in my back seat and it doesnt take long to change and they are ready for me when im all changed. I just know that i like to wear sweaters and stuff so i figured it would be better to just pick something and wear that the whole time. Yes i agree i would like to see Gary win but i think that Ryan might pull out the win depending on how they even do that.

Britt