3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL & Friends #86 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/50255-lawl-friends-86-a.html)

vibrantecho 12-09-2004 07:26 PM

LAWL & Friends #86

Okay, I'm not Star, but I AM bored! :lol: So #86, here we go!

Conversation starter - now WHO all is doing TO this week? I need to see if my store has the whatchamacallit juice so I can play, too. :) Just kidding, I'm not going to put myself through that unless I really really have to!

Fiona

SyracuseNY 12-10-2004 07:26 AM

Fiona: Thanks for starting the new thread. As far as TO, sounds like something I should do next Monday and Tuesday as we are having our work Christmas party and I'm sure to go off plan.

Has everyone now seen the new plan? I go to my center this morning and get mind. My sister got her's this week - she's on the purple plan. I love the new diary. The only disappointment that I had with the new plan is that we still can't eat any type of ham, or candian bacon. I know it's low in fat but full of sodium and I don't eat it much but you know when you ' can't ' have something - at some times it makes me want it more. Mom has ham for dinner on Xmas Eve so I will splurge then.

I'll check in later about my WI - I'm bad this week as I haven't gone in to WI once. I'm also going to purchase some additional WL weeks at $3/week while the special is on. Hugs... Sy

textjewel 12-10-2004 08:02 AM

Good morning, chicks!

Fiona - at least when you're bored, you do something non-food related! Thanks for starting the new thread.

Sy - I think when you look it over, you'll really like it. I'm still missing turkey italian sausage, so I know exactly what you mean.

BTW - I am planning to do TO today and tomorrow, and then go armed with Star's method at the pot luck on Sunday. Next week (Friday and Saturday) will be tough for me, too, since I've got two Holdiay lunches with my gal pals. One is a Tea at the Ritz (Meegs may know what I mean) and it's bound to have those little sandwiches and crumpets with clotted cream. There is nothing like it. I may have to invest in a starch blocker.

I'll check in later - good luck staying POP - and wish me luck on TO today!

Hugs

Tams 12-10-2004 08:19 AM

My counselor suggested doing the TO if I am still at a plateau tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I won't be. I don't like doing the TO.

My center doesn't have the new plan. I hate keeping my diary also. I am so slack at doing that.

textjewel 12-10-2004 08:38 AM

Tammy, you are so close to goal. Don't give up! Are you eating the same thing every day? Sometimes it's helpful to try to mix it up a little - and confuse your body (which is probably what TO really does.)

I find the diary useful to let me know when to stop eating. And although it can be a PAIN to make sure I have a dairy and 3 fruits a day, at least I know they are an option.

Keep the faith!

Star 12-10-2004 09:05 AM

It's Friday....

:coffee: Morning Chicks....

Julie - good luck on TO, I know you'll do good. You have all that fun right around the corner.......About the diary :write: I know I do better when I keep it, but it gets old after so long :devil:

So are you chicks getting new "holiday" party outfits or dragging something out of the closet :?: I have recently bought some new clothes that fit better and I'll be in those. (It does feel good to get new stuff, especially in a much "smaller" size) :encore:

Fiona - Thanks for the new thread, but tell me why is it that we have to keep starting new ones :dunno: About TO, I'm not sure, maybe next week Tues and Wed? I guess it all depends how I'm weighing :goodscale Now that I have purchased an additional 7 weeks, I am "actually" gonna have to lose this last bit of poundage to get to that glorious goal........

Sy - Hi girl, I've missed your posts - you been busy :comp: ? I feel bad cuz I haven't really studied the new plan, just wobbling along on the old one. I'll have to check it out when I get a minute somewhere between work and all these life happens events :dizzy:

Tams - Have missed you and your counting tips too. Come play more often.

Sammy - Kristi - How's the "Goal Chicks" and where are you? ;)

Well tomorrow is Davids birthday party. Hope I can stay focused and be good :angel: Being from the south, all "life happens" events revolve around lots of food :hungry: I'm trying to replace that (within myself only) with making the most of just being with family and friends.....

This is a very hard time for all of us, but if we remember our goals and the joy of seeing the scale go down, maybe that will do it for us. Remember this is only one holiday season, there will be plenty more. We will be thin for them, how cool will that be???? :cb:

Meegs - you out there? Let me invite any other lurkers to come on and join us, we promise not to bite :cbg: (unless we are REALLY hungry)...

Hugs-

Karen 12-10-2004 09:07 AM

Good Morning Everyone,
I'm trying something alittle different with my plan this time. I'm actually doing the unlimited take off plan without the juice. I'm just eating unlimited proteins, unlimited veggies and two eggs. So, we'll see how it goes. I'm just having a hard time sticking to any kind of plan right now.
Well, the job is going good and this is the first day I'll be working by myself. This ought to prove interesting...lol
Congratulations to everyone losing and starting a new exercise program. I'm hoping to get started with that myself real soon.
I guess I need to get busy here so if I get a chance I'll post again later.

Meegs 12-10-2004 09:46 AM

Good Morning Chicks! :)

Well, speaking of Take Off. I am really scared that my counselor is going recommend that I try it again, as I have been off plan for so long now. However, she knows that with all my running, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to just have juice, 6oz of protein and veggies. My body needs more. This is the "Plan" she shared with me that I want to share with you (which is a lot like what Karen said she is going to do!) Remember when you FIRST started and the two day was unlimited protein, veggies and the like. Well, you do that, however, for breakfast you have 1/2 cup eggbeaters, 1 slice cheese and 1 diet bread, then the unlimited protein and veggies for the rest of the day but also have 4 oranges. The oranges are supposed to replace the juice I guess! (As I refuse to spend that kind of money on juice.) This has worked for me in the past, but I will be honest, I usually have 2 slices of bread, as I need more carbs for the running! I may have to do this version of TO next Monday and Tuesday as well. I have lost up to 4 pounds doing this (but when I lost 4 lbs, I did it for 3 days, not 2).

I will let you chicks know about the new plan when I get my hands on it! I hope there are more carb craver options. I have to use those often. The dietician recommended (before I stopped going in October!) that i choose one CC a day, instead of only 3 a week due to my exercise. Julie, you are right, switching it up and not eating the same thing week after week is VERY important!

To the rest of you chicks~ TGIF! :D I hope the weather where you are is not as dreary as it is here where Julie and I are!

vibrantecho 12-10-2004 11:04 AM

Morning Chickies! :coffee:

I dunno why we start new threads...just kinda felt like it. Maybe we could be even more organized and in January start a new thread each month - and actually call them Jan 05, Feb 05, etc. (I'm bored again, can you tell?)

Yesterday in the mail my mom sent me an advertising form for the directory of this organization she belongs to, and suggested I submit a biz card. Well, overacheiver that I am, I couldn't just go with a boring business card, I had to spend four hours last night designing the world's most perfect half-page ad. And I gotta admit, it turned out really nice! Now I'm just waiting to hear from my office on whether we're even allowed to produce our own marketing materials (using the company name and logo) or if everything has to go through the marketing department.

The bonus to this little project is that I was so engrossed I completely forgot to eat dinner. And since I had pizza for lunch (believe me, karma got me for that one - I spilled pizza sauce on my shirt AND on my pants!) I didn't even really miss it. Now, POP today and hopefully my scale won't catch on to my slip!

Have a good morning everyone - think "skinny" thoughts!

Fiona

sammyboy 12-10-2004 11:53 AM

Morning Chicks!

I know I have been MIA, sorry! Yesterday was crazy, school, work. It was 9:45 pm when I got home and I worked almost 6 hours between two stores. My back is killing me as it requires heavy lifiting and stooping to take stuff out of totes and reload totes with the old magazines. I just can't wait for those first paychecks to start rolling in to see what I am averaging an hour!

I have two finals next week so off to the library tomorrow to spend the day. Can't seem to study at home with the kids and DH! Did I tell you he bought me a twin size electric blanket for our anniversary? It fits perfectly on my side of the bed. He had alterior motives as I had been wearing flannel to bed and his comment was this is so you will stop wearing flannel to bed! :love: MEN!!!

This stabalization thing is killing me and trying to remember what to eat! I have to say I ate my first banana in 5 months yesterday and it was good! A little green but well worth it! I have been eating totally off plan as I had two handfuls of these thin mints that I can only find at Christmas time. They are good and creamy and melt in your mouth good!!! I am with everyone else, I am sick of logging in the diary! I don't write for two or three days then I have to rack my brain to remember close to what I ate!!!

Welcome to the new chicks! Meegs it sounds like you have lots of energy to run that much! Dang girl! I run for a mile and am so winded I think I am going to die!! And of course I run in our neighborhood so all my neighbors are staring going what the heck is she doing trying to kill herself! The weather here is so cold so I have stopped for now!

Tams- sounds like you are so close!!! Good luck on the plateu breaker you can do it!!

Everyone getting ready to do TO good luck to you I hate that so bad! I usually only make it the first day before I give into real food!

Sy-how was the shopping the other day? I miss ham too! I am cooking ham for Christmas with or without their blessing!

Star- You always cheer my day with your antidotes and your avitar seems so fitting!!!

Fiona-Sounds like you are still doing awesome other than a couple MINOR slips! Thank goodness minor slips are easy to correct huh?

Kristi-do they let you do TO during stabalization? I thought we had to wait until maintenance???

Well we have a Christmas party for DH's work on Saturday and I did go buy a new black skirt! It was a 6 and the waist is too big but I am keeping it as I am pretty sure a 4 would be like sausage!! I went to the Gap and it felt good getting to shop and knowing I would wear a smaller size! The sweaters I bought were Large and too big so I have to make another trip there today and exchange for Med. I have not wore med. shirts in I don't know how long! I am still considering Breast reduction surgery as I know that is a big issue with my back and posture. Maybe next year!!

Okay, got to go! Britt-good luck on finals this and next week! I need luck I think!!

HUGS!!!

SyracuseNY 12-10-2004 12:39 PM

Hi ladies: I posted this morning and lost that dang thing and didn't bother to repost. FINALLY got the new plan today at WI. I was down 1.8 lbs to 159.6 (again). Okay, instead of being determined to get to goal before the holidays - I signed up for another 10 weightloss weeks. My counselor just laughed at me and told me to JUST GET IT DONE! I have to agree with her, and we were both laughing about it - so I feel better. Did you all see that liquor, beer and wine are right in the new plan? Plus, we get bigger sizes in the dairy, and we actually get to eat sugar free yogurt w/fruit (and are allowed to write it in our diaries without getting scolded - LOL). We can also do some vegetarian meals without having to be a vegetarian. I like the veggie burgers so I'll be getting some of them to give the chickens and turkeys a break. We can have FF Cool Whip and Lite Sour Cream (LA Taco Salad, here I come). If anyone wants what she lighted with me about the new plan, I can post later, just let me know.

Sammy good luck on your finals!

Star, I like the new picture - it's a cutie!

Finoa, thanks for starting a new thread.

I haven't have too much luck with shopping - but I still have time, right?

I'm off to get my Christmas tree. DH is not going with me so it shouldn't take to long. LOL! I don't care what the thing looks like - he wants it and if I pick out a bad one - maybe I'll get my fake one after all. LOL! That's the plan anyway! :devil: Actually, the reason why I'm getting one today is - it's in the 40s today and tomorrow it's suppose to be in the 30s, windy and snowy and I'll be a monkey's uncle if he thinks I'm waiting for a snow storm to go and pick out a tree.

Take care, and hugs to all.

Sy

Star 12-10-2004 12:53 PM

Fiona - That sounds like a good idea for a new post every month.....you come up with some good stuff when you are bored..... ;)

Meegs - I like your version of TO, have to think about that one. Four pounds would be way worth it! The weather here stinks too -cold and wet :(

Rusty - Here's an official :D Welcome back - I missed you tons.....

Sammy - Way to go in that size "6" skirt. No bust reduction - don't you know those babies make the rest of your body look tiny :o Good luck on your finals, you'll do good - cuz your one smart chick.

Kristi - thanks for sharing your new "Kristi Phase" of LA....will the plan be in book form by the time I get to goal :?: To get your motivation back, dig out an old picture of you at your highest weight and put it on the fridge-that usually works for me :o

Monkeys Uncle - Hi girl, so how was Christmas tree shopping with DH? I will be getting afew more weight loss weeks when I go to WI today also. I have never lost 2 pounds a week, I need that cushion :lol:

Chicks - I'm glad you like my new avitar. She's blonde, sassy looking and quacks alot -how could I go wrong :cool:

Tams 12-10-2004 01:43 PM

Hey chicks,

I had to leave work early today to go to the dr. This crazy weather in NC has given me another sinus infection.
Since I was home, I went to w/i and was down to 172, so no TO for me! I just need to stay focused.
So, if we are doing the BL that is my official w/i for this week.
I'm taking some drugs and a nap.

later

textjewel 12-10-2004 02:52 PM

Good afternoon, chicklettes!

Okay, so TO isn't absolutely awful. But I am glad that the day is half over.

I like all these variations on TO. When I was lurking, didn't I read that someone replaced the juice with cantelope?

And, Meegs, the Carb Cravers is in the new guide. There doesn't seem to be new choices (and I think the combinations are gone). But, they still don't count as your starch, so you'd still have two left. And this type of weather is Washington at it's worst. Drizzley, foggy, chilly . . .

Fiona - I like your idea about the new thread for each month . .

Sammy, I love those creamy mints at Christmas too. Wow - a size 6 skirt!

Sy - I love the flavored yogurts - they are really good with my nuked apples. And I'm still learning how to use all the new 'freebees'. But on the purple plan the cheese portions doubled.

Karen - one of the counselors suggested the 'jet' plan to me, too - I'm doing the limited protein one today, just to see if I can do it.

Tammy - hope you feel better.

What's your chickies thought on plastic surgery. I was told once that I shouldn't think of it until I've kept weight off for a year; because it'll take time for weight to stablize.

Hugs,

Karen 12-10-2004 03:02 PM

Star....Thanks for the welcome back. I'll be trying to pop in when I can at work and of course at home. This helps me keep on track.
Well, so far so good with this eating plan. I started at 169 yesterday and was 167 this morning, but you know how that goes when you stop eating junk, you lose fast at first. Hopefully I will stay focused for longer than a few days this time.

Karen 12-10-2004 03:07 PM

Julie...I like unlimited anything....lol

Star 12-10-2004 03:21 PM

Wet and Ugly outside here...

Tams - congrats on the loss. Hope you get to feeling better ;)

Rusty - You will stay focused now - afterall you have that new Bun & Hip Roller to start on. Plus the ole cardio routine you use to love, remember :?:

Julie - what kind of plastic surgery are you talking about? My thoughts on that are simple. There are some body flaws that can't be corrected with diet and/or exercise, that's when plastic surgery is the answer. If it is gonna make you feel better, look better and you can afford it, why not?

textjewel 12-10-2004 03:30 PM

Star - I'm thinking saddlebag reduction. And maybe inner thigh. Maybe I'll just get rid of my thighs and take someone elses???

Rusty - I agree that the chicks help keep me focused. It's so nice to b*tch about the program and know that you all have been through it.

Hugs

vibrantecho 12-10-2004 03:31 PM

Julie - there is a great thread on plastic surgery after weight loss in I think it's the Maintainers Forum. The lady who shared her whole story lost something like 100+ pounds and has had several surgeries all over her body, mostly to remove extra skin! It's an interesting and informative thread. I for one am pretty darn sure I'm going to need a boob lift somewhere down the line, as between the weight gain and pregnancy they're pretty saggy - there's still a LOT of them, but they hang way down there! :rofl: But I did some reading on it and they recommend you not do it until you are finished having children, because the stretching with pregnancy will just undo everything. And as I once said not long after I joined here, I also am curious to see what my stomach looks like once I'm skinny again! I don't know what they might be able to do about it, if I have issues, but I guess I'll worry about that 86 pounds from now.

Karen - nice loss! Yes you lose faster at first, but don't think about that - just concentrate on how good it feels to see success and keep up the good work! I lost four pounds last week after getting back on plan...it was crazy...1.6 the first day, then a pound, then .6, .4...... :( Now I just have to be happy with the .6's and .4's and not sabotoge myself because of it.

Fiona

Star 12-10-2004 03:56 PM

Julie - Saddlebag and inner thigh could be lipo. After you lose the weight go and see a couple plastic surgeons,they will let you know what is available. There is also a procedure called Mesotherapy you might look into.

Fiona - After childbearing and a big weight loss, I would think they would go with a tummy tuck. Only becuz there will probably be excess skin to deal with. I am still considering a tummy tuck to deal with a hystorectomy vetical scar. As you can see in my avitar picture to the left, I've already had a very successful tail-feather lift...... :lol:

Meegs 12-10-2004 04:49 PM

Afternoon Chickies!

Star~ It's foggy, drizzling, and cold here! I feel your pain! But you made me lol about your tail feather lift! I could use a nice tail feather lifting today, but no Happy Hours for me!

Rusty~ You are my inspiration as I commit myself back to being on plan again. Hopefully I will have a loss like yours to report on Monday!

Sammy~ I get up at 5:30 during the week to run. If I don't do it then, it does not happy. Also, I am still in the single stage of lift, so I only have to worry about me! I also have a roommate who loves to run, so she helps to motivate me. She also has been a great support to have at home through the first part of my weight loss! I just love how much more energy I have throughout the day when I workout in the morning. Fridays are my days off!! It is VERY important to sleep every now and again!! :dizzy:

Sy~ Reading what you posted makes me eager to go in and get the new plan!

Speaking of which, I better wrap things up for the week so I can get to the center for my appointment. Send me skinny vibes ladies, this is the first time in 2 months that I will get onto the scale at the center. Sometimes I think my scale at home says what I want it to if I stand in JUST the right spot! :lol: I remember some thread ago you all talking about a good home scale you had. Can you share that information with me again? What kind is it? And does it measure in .1 or .5?

Hope everyone has a POP weekend, and remember to drink lots of water!

Star 12-10-2004 04:57 PM

Meegs - I'm getting ready to go home. But the scales we were bragging about are "Health-O-Meter" you can get them at WalMart for about $35. Mine weighs in 2's; .2,.4, .6 ,.8 it is an awesome tool to see where you are..... BTW, there is also one the measure and displays you BMI if you want to get fancy.

Chicks - have a great weekend.....

vibrantecho 12-10-2004 05:09 PM

I love my Health-o-Meter! :goodscale: My coworker who is also on LAWL bought the BMI one, and even between the two of us we couldn't figure out how to properly set it to do all the stuff it's supposed to do! So she took it back and got the not-quite-as-fancy "weight monitoring" scale that I have. When you first get on it it will record your "starting" weight and you can program a goal weight, and it will tell you each time you get on how many pounds you've lost (or gained) and how far you have to go to your goal. It's pretty cool!

Star, your tailfeather lift looks really good - very natural! :rofl:

Fiona

Tams 12-10-2004 05:20 PM

I bought the same Health-O-Meter scale and I love it! A very good investment.

Shake your tail feathers Star! :rofl:

Meegs 12-10-2004 06:53 PM

The Good, The Bad and not so much ugly!

Well Ladies, I just returned from my trip to the center. Turns out I have not been since mid September, so it had been 3 months!!! :devil: When I left I was 169.9, today I was 170.2. Not too bad if I do say so myself. I am quite proud of myself for maintaining the 20 lb loss on my own. I have never done that before. Usually when I have lost weight in the past as soon as I stop trying, I put it all back on! So I must give myself a pat on the back for that.

The new plan is GREAT! No more limiteds!! I can have oatmeal EVERY day!! (oatmeal is very good for running) Many more fat choices, and condiments.. including capers, cool whip, honey (great in tea with a sore throat in the winter), sugar.. regular, white or brown (1tsp).. goodbye splenda!! sugarless candy, up to 3 pieces per day! This is the RED PLAN! I am excited. I just love that starches are not limited anymore. :lol:

Thanks for the information on the Health-O-Meter scale. I might have to treck to Target and see if they have it. Wal-Mart is so far away!

So my starting weight for BL next week will be 170.2.

Have a great weekend ladies!

travkitty 12-10-2004 06:59 PM

I want the new plan! :(

I weighed in today, just as I felt, I was down 2 pounds, FINALLY breaking 160! I'm now 159.4, which is exactly 4 pounds lost this week.

I have the company party Wednesday night, so I'm thinking of doing TO on Thursday & Friday. Did someone mention an alternate juice you can get at the grocery store in lieu of the LA TO Juice? I don't really like eating oranges, so I'd rather use juice.

Still no one at my center has even heard about a new plan. This sucks. :(

For those who have been given the new plans, are any of you in the Midwest? I wonder if the coasts are getting it first.

Annie

vibrantecho 12-10-2004 07:03 PM

I got my scale at Target!

I'm actually starting to look forward to going into the center, assuming they ever GET the new plan! My coworker hasn't said anything about it, yet...hmmm.

My husband is so mean, and it's all my fault! (LOL!) I asked him today if he had any luck finding Christmas presents, and he said, "yep." I asked if he could tell me what any of them were, and he said "nope." Which means they are for ME!! :gift: But now of course, I want to know what they are! And he hid them in his home office, which is his own private sanctum, so if I go snooping I'll get in big trouble for snooping, and even BIGGER trouble for snooping around his office!! :rolleyes: And he said he's not going to take them out and wrap them until right before Christmas because he's sure I'll be able to guess what they are from the shapes of the packages. He is such a tease - GRRRR! I hate not knowing things!!! LOL!!!

Fiona

SyracuseNY 12-10-2004 07:20 PM

Star: I thought the tail on your picture was caused from your buns of steel tape. I guess it is working... LOL!

Sammy: I love the fact that your into a size 6. Wow, you go girl!

Well, I went to get the tree today, right before I left it started pouring and has been pouring ever since (better than snow anytime). Cut the freakin tree down and put in the van myself. Then the guy comes around and asks me if I need help. Are all men alike? Waiting for DH to come home so I can get the tree out of the van. I've done enough myself for 1 day. Sorry, I might be PMSing (that is causing the men bashing from me today).

Meegs: Wow, you sure did do great keeping the weight down. I'm proud of you. Now you can start off where you left off. You much have learned some new ways of dealing with foods - I hope I have too when I get to my goal.

I'll be back in the morning to reply to a few more.

Annie: Are you new? I don't recall ever seeing a post from you. Welcome if you are new. If not, sorry I must have missed a post along the way.

Hugs to everyone. Sy

SyracuseNY 12-11-2004 07:02 AM

Hi all. Going to get snow tires put on this morning. The tree is out of the van and DH loves it. Sorry about being miserable yesterday as I do like Christmas trees and Christmas in general - didn't want to give anyone the wrong impression. I posted after doing 1 hour at the gym and I'm sure I was just tired (and maybe some PMSing). I read the entire plan last night. This is a danger food for me, but instead of a protien (meat) we can have 2 tbs of RF and Regular peanut butter. There are more crackers we can have like Ritz RF and Wheat Thins RF. Also, we can have a whole 4' pita that would equal 1 starch. That's a lot! My center told me that while there are no more limited foods, we all know what the limits were and should use them in moderation. As far as fruits, we can now have 1/2 pear and 2 TB of raisins. I love raisins in salad so that would give the people who have a hard time getting in their fruits a new choice. Gotta run. Have a great day and hopefully for me - it will be a POP day.

Sy

SyracuseNY 12-11-2004 07:04 AM

The above should have read RF peanut butter OR regular peanut butter. Can't have both. LOL! It must have been my subconscience writting that one... LOL!

Meegs 12-11-2004 07:27 AM

Morning

Sy~ I did not even see the raisins on the new plan! Yeah.. I can have 2 Tbsp, and on the red plan, we can have 3 tbsp of regular or fat free pb! (personally I prefer the natural pb, and I know that is allowed as well!) The thing I have the hardest time with is the veggies, but now we are allowed to have eggplant, artichokes, snow peas, sugar snap peas and the V8 low sodium (1/2 cup). I just hope all the this new variety will help me! ;)

Well ladies, I am off to do my long run for the week. 9 miles! Hope everyone has a POP day!

vibrantecho 12-11-2004 10:27 AM

Gosh I want the new plan!

Well I don't know who all is in for BL this week, but I doubt I'm going to get the crown a second time. After a couple slip-ups earlier in the week, I'm aaaaaalmost back to my BL weigh-in weight - and now it's the weekend! I think I'm stuck at home all weekend, so there's not toooo much bad stuff around - it's just a matter of avoiding BES - Bored Eating Syndrome. :devil: Maybe I should break out my diary again and actually track my food this weekend, since that was always something I DIDN'T remember to do...and I'll be down some by Monday.

Have a great POP day!

Fiona

textjewel 12-11-2004 11:31 AM

Hi chickies -

I was down this morning after one day of TO - which I'm glad of! One more day to go - I was thinking about doing it tomorrow, but I have that party. . .

Hi Annie, glad to have you join us! The supermarket juice that we've been using is the Knudsens Morning Blend. My jar also has a 'Simply Nutritious' banner across the top, which is MUCH larger than the Knudsen's brand name. I found it in the Natural Food section of the supermarket. Star is in Michigan, and she has the new plan. How long have you been on LAWL, and congrats on dropping below 160! That is one of my dearest dreams.

Meegs - good luck running in the rain. Or do you have an indoor track for when the weather is yucky? I'm with you about the increase in veg variety - I love sugar snap peas. . . and they don't count as a starch. I've asked about speghetti squash - does it count as a veg or a starch? And still have not got an answer.

Sy - we can have 3 tbsp on the red plan - and I still have not indulged. Can you imagine 3 tbsp in a sandwich?? And I was able to find the small whole wheat pitas -- they're only 70 cals a piece . . . quite nice for a change. I guess I could split 3 tbsp of peanut butter on each half? And I love vegie burgers. Especially the morning star brand.

Fiona - good luck on the BES syndrome - I understand completely. Maybe you can find another way for us to be efficient?

Star -- I meant to respond to your new avatar -- where did you find it? Obviously, not a DUMB blond!

Good luck everyone (especially to those of us on TO)

Hugs

sammyboy 12-11-2004 06:09 PM

Afternoon all!

I just got back from a full day at the Student Union studying and I think I am seeing double! Tonight is DH's Christmas party so have tried to eat light today. Not sure what they are serving and we don't get to choose like I thought we would so a little nervous!

Julie-congrats on completing your first full day of TO! One day down a little more to go right!!! Congrats on the loss that always makes it so worth it huh!

Sy-How does the tree look? So proud of you for doing all that work yourself! Does DH help decorate or are you on your own for that? PMS here all you want I know I am suffereing as well! I have such a hard time saying nice things at this time of month but I try real hard!!! I am with you, PB is a down fall! Who would have ever thought we could miss a "staple" like that so much??? I want the new plan!!!! Still no word at my center!

Fiona-How is the weekend and the BES syndrome going? I love this site as we get to make up our own syndromes and illness's!!!

Star-I think they named a rap song after you? Shake the tail feather or something to that effect? You go girl!!

Kristi-did you make it to the center Saturday and if so did you get the new plan yet? Still no word at my center! I wonder how or if it effects stabalization and maintenance! How is your weather? Cold and gloomy here!

Tams and Toots-how are you chicks?

Meegs-how was your run? Dang girl, 9 miles? I bet you look awesome, especially those runner legs!!

Annie-glad to see you are with us!

Britt-how is studying going? Are you ready? I am just ready for semester to be over! Especially PoliSci!!!

Alright I know I missed some chicks, sorry! I have to go get ready DH is going to start nagging me to hurry if I am not ready. Have a nice weekend everyone, may not get to check in much as I am crazy with tests this week!

Hugs and Skinny Vibes to all who have to face the scale demon on Monday with me. Yikes, I am nervous as the mints keep finding their way into my cart and I know this party is going to send me into a tail spin, and not the kind Star is good at!!!!!

travkitty 12-12-2004 04:59 PM

Hello Again

For everyone who missed my initial post, here's my encapsulated story...

I've been on LAWL for about 6 weeks now. I actually used to be a counselor with LAWL about 3 years ago. I was able to lose 100 pounds on my own 8 years ago, but the last 30 or so have been stubborn through the years. I work in radio, so LAWL is actually paying me to do the program & talk about it on the radio. That certainly helps me stay motivated. Although the program & Lites for me are free, any supplements or TO juice would have to come out of my own pocket, which is why I'm looking for the cheaper alternative.

Bride2Be_Diane 12-12-2004 05:25 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was exhausting and here's why...

After 3 days of family visiting, the house was trashed and I was never so happy to drive away from the airport after I dropped them off. It's nice to have company and I love my family, but it was stressful entertaining for a couple of days. And the other thing is that they smoke and we don't and being up in Wisconsin it's just too cold to make anyone go outside, so down to the basement they went, but the house smells a bit like smoking...febreeze....febreeze :smoking:

I'm back on track today starting at 4PM and I'm determined to stay on plan and watch the weight magically start dropping off...wish me luck!

The good thing about this weekend was that I ordered my wedding dress! YIPPEE! It is the most beautiful dress and it only cost $500. I thought that was a great price! It will be delivered to my door in about 8 weeks. So now the hotel is booked, the chapel is booked and the dress is bought. Next up is to search for a tiara, shoes, and bridemaids dresses. :dizzy:

Well I better get going...Talk to you all later!

Diane :flow1:

travkitty 12-12-2004 08:04 PM

Knudsen's

Well, I looked at several of the regular grocery stores here, & the only Knudsen's juice they had was the Black Cherry & Cranberry. So, I guess I'll try to stop by a natural/health food store tomorrow & hope to find it.

vibrantecho 12-13-2004 12:26 AM

Hi all! I hope you have all had a good, OP weekend! I wasn't strictly OP myself but didn't indulge in any real baddies. If there had been ice cream and/or chocolate in my house, though, all thoughts of being "good" would have been out the window, as I was majorly stressed out last night...my computer decided to crash, and I spent probably four hours trying to figure out a way to fix the error without having to totally wipe my hard drive, then wiping it anyway, then spending two hours reinstalling Windows, then another three hours reinstalling all my software....! :rollpin: It was NOT fun, but I think I figured out what caused the crash and fixed it so it won't happen again. :rolleyes:

Tonight I've been working on Christmas presents - I had the "brilliant" (or not so much, considering how much work it's turning out to be!) idea of making photo calendars for, oh, 10 of the relatives. We're using all pictures of DD and calling it "Brianna: In Living Color" - it's turning out really well, but the pages take forever to print! :dz:

Well, just thought I'd see what's cooking here for all you guys - talk to you tomorrow!

Fiona

SyracuseNY 12-13-2004 10:54 AM

Kristi: My sister stopped as soon as she got to her goal. I'm just wondering if that could be causing your motivation problem (if your not going). You seem to be the same weight - you must be doing something right?! I found the juice at the 3 main grocery stores in our area - price varies a little. Ask someone if you can't find it because it may be there in a hidden area. 1 place it's in the organic food section, the other is in the nature food section and the 3rd it's not with the regular juice - it's in a totally different area. I know that these next 2 weeks will be hard for all of us.

Star 12-13-2004 11:00 AM

Morning Chicks.......
Hope everyone had a great weekend. For me it was awesome, but too short.

David's birthday party went well. Family, friends, food,catching up! We watched David destroy his own little cake for about 20 minutes. I'm scared to say, I think he has a love of sweets like his grandma. The day had a very Christmasy feel to it as it was snowing.....We get to do it all over soon, as we are having Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at our house.

Yesterday DH and I got up early ad headed out to ToysRUs with our list. It only took us about 40 minutes there (it was 8:30am). Then the mall for the adults, knocked off that list fairly quick. We managed to find some things for ourselves along the way too.

Did really well with my eating over the weekend. HOWEVER, I did have a piece of birthday cake. My reasoning, David is only have a first birthday party once. He will probably never have another Blues Clues cake and the sf/ff Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream is actually on plan now..........Any questons?

Julie - My DH took that picture of me afew weeks back.......quack-quack.....

HUGS