3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL & Friends #86 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/50255-lawl-friends-86-a.html)

Karen 12-10-2004 03:07 PM

Julie...I like unlimited anything....lol

Star 12-10-2004 03:21 PM

Wet and Ugly outside here...

Tams - congrats on the loss. Hope you get to feeling better ;)

Rusty - You will stay focused now - afterall you have that new Bun & Hip Roller to start on. Plus the ole cardio routine you use to love, remember :?:

Julie - what kind of plastic surgery are you talking about? My thoughts on that are simple. There are some body flaws that can't be corrected with diet and/or exercise, that's when plastic surgery is the answer. If it is gonna make you feel better, look better and you can afford it, why not?

textjewel 12-10-2004 03:30 PM

Star - I'm thinking saddlebag reduction. And maybe inner thigh. Maybe I'll just get rid of my thighs and take someone elses???

Rusty - I agree that the chicks help keep me focused. It's so nice to b*tch about the program and know that you all have been through it.

Hugs

vibrantecho 12-10-2004 03:31 PM

Julie - there is a great thread on plastic surgery after weight loss in I think it's the Maintainers Forum. The lady who shared her whole story lost something like 100+ pounds and has had several surgeries all over her body, mostly to remove extra skin! It's an interesting and informative thread. I for one am pretty darn sure I'm going to need a boob lift somewhere down the line, as between the weight gain and pregnancy they're pretty saggy - there's still a LOT of them, but they hang way down there! :rofl: But I did some reading on it and they recommend you not do it until you are finished having children, because the stretching with pregnancy will just undo everything. And as I once said not long after I joined here, I also am curious to see what my stomach looks like once I'm skinny again! I don't know what they might be able to do about it, if I have issues, but I guess I'll worry about that 86 pounds from now.

Karen - nice loss! Yes you lose faster at first, but don't think about that - just concentrate on how good it feels to see success and keep up the good work! I lost four pounds last week after getting back on plan...it was crazy...1.6 the first day, then a pound, then .6, .4...... :( Now I just have to be happy with the .6's and .4's and not sabotoge myself because of it.

Fiona

Star 12-10-2004 03:56 PM

Julie - Saddlebag and inner thigh could be lipo. After you lose the weight go and see a couple plastic surgeons,they will let you know what is available. There is also a procedure called Mesotherapy you might look into.

Fiona - After childbearing and a big weight loss, I would think they would go with a tummy tuck. Only becuz there will probably be excess skin to deal with. I am still considering a tummy tuck to deal with a hystorectomy vetical scar. As you can see in my avitar picture to the left, I've already had a very successful tail-feather lift...... :lol:

Meegs 12-10-2004 04:49 PM

Afternoon Chickies!

Star~ It's foggy, drizzling, and cold here! I feel your pain! But you made me lol about your tail feather lift! I could use a nice tail feather lifting today, but no Happy Hours for me!

Rusty~ You are my inspiration as I commit myself back to being on plan again. Hopefully I will have a loss like yours to report on Monday!

Sammy~ I get up at 5:30 during the week to run. If I don't do it then, it does not happy. Also, I am still in the single stage of lift, so I only have to worry about me! I also have a roommate who loves to run, so she helps to motivate me. She also has been a great support to have at home through the first part of my weight loss! I just love how much more energy I have throughout the day when I workout in the morning. Fridays are my days off!! It is VERY important to sleep every now and again!! :dizzy:

Sy~ Reading what you posted makes me eager to go in and get the new plan!

Speaking of which, I better wrap things up for the week so I can get to the center for my appointment. Send me skinny vibes ladies, this is the first time in 2 months that I will get onto the scale at the center. Sometimes I think my scale at home says what I want it to if I stand in JUST the right spot! :lol: I remember some thread ago you all talking about a good home scale you had. Can you share that information with me again? What kind is it? And does it measure in .1 or .5?

Hope everyone has a POP weekend, and remember to drink lots of water!

Star 12-10-2004 04:57 PM

Meegs - I'm getting ready to go home. But the scales we were bragging about are "Health-O-Meter" you can get them at WalMart for about $35. Mine weighs in 2's; .2,.4, .6 ,.8 it is an awesome tool to see where you are..... BTW, there is also one the measure and displays you BMI if you want to get fancy.

Chicks - have a great weekend.....

vibrantecho 12-10-2004 05:09 PM

I love my Health-o-Meter! :goodscale: My coworker who is also on LAWL bought the BMI one, and even between the two of us we couldn't figure out how to properly set it to do all the stuff it's supposed to do! So she took it back and got the not-quite-as-fancy "weight monitoring" scale that I have. When you first get on it it will record your "starting" weight and you can program a goal weight, and it will tell you each time you get on how many pounds you've lost (or gained) and how far you have to go to your goal. It's pretty cool!

Star, your tailfeather lift looks really good - very natural! :rofl:

Fiona

Tams 12-10-2004 05:20 PM

I bought the same Health-O-Meter scale and I love it! A very good investment.

Shake your tail feathers Star! :rofl:

Meegs 12-10-2004 06:53 PM

The Good, The Bad and not so much ugly!

Well Ladies, I just returned from my trip to the center. Turns out I have not been since mid September, so it had been 3 months!!! :devil: When I left I was 169.9, today I was 170.2. Not too bad if I do say so myself. I am quite proud of myself for maintaining the 20 lb loss on my own. I have never done that before. Usually when I have lost weight in the past as soon as I stop trying, I put it all back on! So I must give myself a pat on the back for that.

The new plan is GREAT! No more limiteds!! I can have oatmeal EVERY day!! (oatmeal is very good for running) Many more fat choices, and condiments.. including capers, cool whip, honey (great in tea with a sore throat in the winter), sugar.. regular, white or brown (1tsp).. goodbye splenda!! sugarless candy, up to 3 pieces per day! This is the RED PLAN! I am excited. I just love that starches are not limited anymore. :lol:

Thanks for the information on the Health-O-Meter scale. I might have to treck to Target and see if they have it. Wal-Mart is so far away!

So my starting weight for BL next week will be 170.2.

Have a great weekend ladies!

travkitty 12-10-2004 06:59 PM

I want the new plan! :(

I weighed in today, just as I felt, I was down 2 pounds, FINALLY breaking 160! I'm now 159.4, which is exactly 4 pounds lost this week.

I have the company party Wednesday night, so I'm thinking of doing TO on Thursday & Friday. Did someone mention an alternate juice you can get at the grocery store in lieu of the LA TO Juice? I don't really like eating oranges, so I'd rather use juice.

Still no one at my center has even heard about a new plan. This sucks. :(

For those who have been given the new plans, are any of you in the Midwest? I wonder if the coasts are getting it first.

Annie

vibrantecho 12-10-2004 07:03 PM

I got my scale at Target!

I'm actually starting to look forward to going into the center, assuming they ever GET the new plan! My coworker hasn't said anything about it, yet...hmmm.

My husband is so mean, and it's all my fault! (LOL!) I asked him today if he had any luck finding Christmas presents, and he said, "yep." I asked if he could tell me what any of them were, and he said "nope." Which means they are for ME!! :gift: But now of course, I want to know what they are! And he hid them in his home office, which is his own private sanctum, so if I go snooping I'll get in big trouble for snooping, and even BIGGER trouble for snooping around his office!! :rolleyes: And he said he's not going to take them out and wrap them until right before Christmas because he's sure I'll be able to guess what they are from the shapes of the packages. He is such a tease - GRRRR! I hate not knowing things!!! LOL!!!

Fiona

SyracuseNY 12-10-2004 07:20 PM

Star: I thought the tail on your picture was caused from your buns of steel tape. I guess it is working... LOL!

Sammy: I love the fact that your into a size 6. Wow, you go girl!

Well, I went to get the tree today, right before I left it started pouring and has been pouring ever since (better than snow anytime). Cut the freakin tree down and put in the van myself. Then the guy comes around and asks me if I need help. Are all men alike? Waiting for DH to come home so I can get the tree out of the van. I've done enough myself for 1 day. Sorry, I might be PMSing (that is causing the men bashing from me today).

Meegs: Wow, you sure did do great keeping the weight down. I'm proud of you. Now you can start off where you left off. You much have learned some new ways of dealing with foods - I hope I have too when I get to my goal.

I'll be back in the morning to reply to a few more.

Annie: Are you new? I don't recall ever seeing a post from you. Welcome if you are new. If not, sorry I must have missed a post along the way.

Hugs to everyone. Sy

SyracuseNY 12-11-2004 07:02 AM

Hi all. Going to get snow tires put on this morning. The tree is out of the van and DH loves it. Sorry about being miserable yesterday as I do like Christmas trees and Christmas in general - didn't want to give anyone the wrong impression. I posted after doing 1 hour at the gym and I'm sure I was just tired (and maybe some PMSing). I read the entire plan last night. This is a danger food for me, but instead of a protien (meat) we can have 2 tbs of RF and Regular peanut butter. There are more crackers we can have like Ritz RF and Wheat Thins RF. Also, we can have a whole 4' pita that would equal 1 starch. That's a lot! My center told me that while there are no more limited foods, we all know what the limits were and should use them in moderation. As far as fruits, we can now have 1/2 pear and 2 TB of raisins. I love raisins in salad so that would give the people who have a hard time getting in their fruits a new choice. Gotta run. Have a great day and hopefully for me - it will be a POP day.

Sy

SyracuseNY 12-11-2004 07:04 AM

The above should have read RF peanut butter OR regular peanut butter. Can't have both. LOL! It must have been my subconscience writting that one... LOL!