3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL & Friends #86 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/50255-lawl-friends-86-a.html)

vibrantecho 12-20-2004 10:44 AM

Okay, I think I'm going to punch my husband. I stayed home from work today to watch Brianna so he could study - and what is he doing? SLEEPING. He claims that if we had all gone on our merry ways this morning, he would have taken a nap anyway, so this entitles him to take one now?!? :mad: Whatever. He also is slightly hypothyroid, and as one of the symptoms if it goes untreated is fatigue, he likes to use running out of his medication as an excuse to be lazy. Grrrrrrrrr!

Okay, thanks for letting me vent so I don't have to go scrape some ice of the driveway and stick it down his shirt. :devil:

Fiona

Star 12-20-2004 12:50 PM

Sent from a friend.......

Two traveling angels

Keep reading to the bottom of the page -- don't
stop at the feet (You'll see).

Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night
in the home of a wealthy family.

The family was rude and refused to let the angels
stay in the mansion's guest room.

Instead the angels were given a small space in
the cold basement.

As they made their bed on the hard floor, the
older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it.

When the younger angel asked why, the older angel
replied,

"Things aren't always what they seem."

The next night the pair came to rest at the house
of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his
wife.

After sharing what little food they had the couple
let the angels sleep in their bed where they could
have a good night's rest.

When the sun came up the next morning the angels
found the farmer and his wife in tears.

Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole
income, lay dead in the field.

The younger angel was infuriated and asked the
older angel how could you have let this happen?

The first man had everything, yet you helped him,
she accused.

The second family had little but was willing to
share everything, and you let the cow die.

"Things aren't always what they seem," the older
angel replied.

"When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I
noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the
wall.

Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and
unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the
wall so he wouldn't find it."

"Then last night as we slept in the farmers bed,
the angel of death came for his wife. I gave him
the cow instead.

Things aren't always what they seem."

Sometimes that is exactly what happens when things
don't turn out the way they should. If you have
faith, you just need to trust that every out come
is always to your advantage. You just might not
know it until some time later...
Oooo
Some people
come into our lives
and quickly go..

oooO
( ) Some people
\ ( become friends
\_ ) and stay awhile...

leaving beautiful Oooo
footprints on our ( )
hearts... \ )

oooO
( ) and we are
\ ( never
\_ ) quite the same
because we have
made a good
friend!!

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow a mystery.
Today is a gift.
That's why it's called the present!

I think this is special...live and savor every
moment... This is not a dress rehearsal!

(\ /)
( \ __ / )
( \()/ )
( / \ ) TAKE THIS LITTLE ANGEL
( / \/ \ ) AND KEEP HER CLOSE TO YOU
/ \ SHE IS YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL
( ) SENT TO WATCH OVER YOU
____

textjewel 12-20-2004 12:56 PM

Good afternoon, chickies!

Well, I stayed the same at the center-of-doom today, so I'm down 1.6 since last week. Not too bad with two holiday lunches. . .

But, boy, this is a tough time of year. I'm usually not a social beast, but the next two weeks will be tough.

ALTHOUGH, the center is offering $10.00 credit if we weigh in on Friday and the following Monday and are down 1/2 pound. Not bad. Definately worth trying to make . . .

Fiona and Sy - vent, vent, vent - what are we here for - ??? Fiona, hope your DD is better soon. Not fun for her to be sick over the holidays. Congrats on getting your bag. Actually, I think I'm binging on ebay, which is probably not good either. . .

Jen - I'm convinced that the more days we are POP the better. Because to me it means that the 'treats' don't develop into a binge.

So that's my goal, too - to stay POP until Friday, and then back on POP after the holiday meals - and then POP again until New Years Eve. And New Years.

Does anyone have any goals or events in the next few weeks to shoot for -I'm still aiming for that cruise at the end of January. I have to be honest, if I didn't have it, it would be much easier to diet tomorrow than today. . .

Hugs to all, and thanks Star, for putting into words what I was thinking - it ain't easy, but it sure is easier with you all!

textjewel 12-20-2004 12:59 PM

Star we must have been posting at the same time - love the angel story.

Meegs 12-20-2004 01:07 PM

hello

Hi chicks! I have been really busy this weekend. Parties, friends in town! Trying to get ready to leave town myself! WHEW! The parties this weekend were good. I tried a bite of the foods I really wanted and let it go at that. proud of myself! Plus, the 1/2 marathon is January 9th and my runs are MUCH better when I stay on track eating wise.

I just went to weigh in... down .6 from Friday. So a total of 24 lost as of today. I am officially more than half way there!! :) What a great feeling. Really, with the way I loose, if I am down 1 pound a week I am thrilled! Since officially starting back again a week ago Friday I am down 4.2!! U hope this will give me the incentive to really practice moderation and portion control when I am at my parents house for Christmas this weekend. I think for me, I have ALWAYS gained during the holidays, so I am super determined to stay somewhat on track!

HEHE.. I am at home today, an LAWL commercial just came on the tv! how funny. They were advertising the $3/week.

Sending skinny vibes and staying OP vibes to everyone! It's so cold here today that all I want is soup! It's about 5 degrees with the wind chill.. brrrr.

Star 12-20-2004 01:09 PM

Julie - You go girl - staying the same with several holiday lunches - and still down from last week.......you rock! (Only alittle jealous here.......bad green eyed monster - bad - go away........lol)

auditgirl 12-20-2004 01:14 PM

Star-Thanks it's good to keep things in perspective this time of year...it's easy to get caught up in all of the activities and stress of the holiday season, rather than thinking of all the good things we have and that things are not always as they seem...thanks for the reminder.

Julie-I agree 100%...I'm not letting my bad weekend turn into a rest of the year binge or undoing all of my hard work. Nor am I going to beat myself about it anymore. I had a bad weekend, but I'm repairing the damage and am back on track. I'm glad you're with me to stay POP until Christmas eve/day and allow ourselves a day or so to relax our requirements, knowing we will be right back OP.

Fiona-Hope you DD is feeling better soon...the only thing worse than a sck child is a sick husband....because they are the biggest babies!

textjewel 12-20-2004 01:25 PM

Meegs - that's great to be at the 50% mark - I'm going to share Stars green eyed devil - it is really cold here today! Where are you off to?

Jen - truth be told, I'm planning to start TO next weekend, too..

vibrantecho 12-20-2004 01:35 PM

DD is feeling better already - kids are so amazing the way they just bounce back from stuff! I'm going to run a few quick errands (and see if I can find the Knudsen's juice!)

Congrats Julie and Meegs on maintaining your self control around all those holiday goodies! I still really, really want to be down 10 pounds from the beginning of the month to the end, but the way things are going I'm going to have to make up some lost ground and then some! I don't mind the TO, much, it takes a lot of the effort out of thinking "what to eat" for those two days! My original plan was to be POP every day except Christmas weekend, and I'm still motivated to stick to that goal for the rest of the month even though I slipped up.

Okay, I think I'm babbling - off to the store I go!

Fiona

Meegs 12-20-2004 01:52 PM

I am off to FL. That is where my parents are! I am looking forward to a little warmth after today. It is so cold out there Julie.. then I get home this afternoon to work from home, my condo is 58 degrees. The engineer man just came and did a few things, hopefully it warms up soon, I am siting here under 2 blankets, sweats, slippers with a stocking hat on.. Seriously, it's like I'm ready to go sledding. I have already had 3 cups of defaf tea.. That is how I am getting my water in today.. too cold to drink regular cold water!

Fiona~ Glad to hear DD is feeling better. Nothing is worse than a sick child at the holiday time. One year when I was teaching in the classroom, out of 32 children, only 10 were there. The rest were out with the flu. What a mess that was!!

Star 12-20-2004 02:05 PM

Take Off

:merry:

Chicks - I was thinking how good Jen's Vodka/Cranberry was sounding for my holiday drink of choice :cheers: I was planning on celebrating with cocktails :cheers: alittle dancing :dancer:alot of socializing :grouphug: alot of laughing :lol: some flirting ;)

Then :?: I'm hearing talk of Take-Off in the background :dunno: Well I know you chicks want to get a jump start on the :devil: evil holiday weight gain..........But can we first actually enjoy the holiday :D

This is JMO, didn't mean to put a damper on your plans......HUGS

auditgirl 12-20-2004 02:11 PM

Star-Believe me, I don't enjoy take off, but feel I needed to jump start myself back to a good place before I fell completely off the wagon. Hopefully, thsi will wash out all of the extra sugary stuff from this weekend and will curb the cravings. TO did wonders for me when I first started the program. My holiday plans sound a lot like yours...cocktails, friends, family...I can hardly wait!

Meegs-I'm jealous of the all the warm weather you'll be enjoying in FL...we're heading to Iowa where the high is expected to be 13 degrees...brrrr

textjewel 12-20-2004 02:14 PM

Star, you are right, we should enjoy the holidays - it's just that CRUISE! Should I just wait (weight) and think about TO after New Years???

Meegs, have fun in Florida! Yes, it's freezing out there - ventured out for WI (of course, having to get all the ice off the windows) and my poor little heat pump has been almost on constantly since yesterday.

Fiona - so glad that DD is better.

Meegs 12-20-2004 02:18 PM

I'm hearing you Star! My mom just called me to see if I had any special requests for apps or dinner on Christmas. LOVED that she was thinking of me and is trying to support me. But of course my anwers were.. the regular!! :) Stuffed Mushrooms, cheesy dip (actually I love the cheesy dip with caulilflower.. so I will be getting in my veggies after all!) Pumpkin pie. I told her Christmas at home only comes once a year, and I was planning on eating! She just laughed at me. I did send down the stuffed mushroom recipe from LAWL.. maybe I can make it a little healither!!

When I went to WI today, I told them I would not be back till next monday. I have dinner plans tomorrow and a Happy HOur on Wednesday and then Fly out on TH.. jeez.. this week is going to FLY by!

Meegs 12-20-2004 02:20 PM

ok, I am not putting that santa in my posts.. how is he magically appearing?? Must be a little Christmas magic!!