Old 11-03-2004, 12:07 PM   #241  

Kristi,
Bout time you got here....(picture-picture-picture)
"Words of Wisdon" Nice choice of verbage!
Translation: "Older Than Dirt"

Tammy- Karen/RustyWallaceFan ordered some stuff off e-bay. Some bars and part of the plan. Speaking of her, talked to her yesterday. She is still in the middle of moving. She had a small problem with her new house and things are crazy for her right now. She will be back - probably the end of next week.....

Last edited by Starlynn; 11-03-2004 at 12:10 PM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:56 PM   #242  
Mn_girl

Good morning! I actually ordered the plan from eBay too...can't say that I have put my heart and soul into going on it yet though. It seems to me that journaling would be a really great thing to do but I don't seem to be able to stick to it...it's never with me, or something and then I just fall off all together.

I think that getting the plan on paper is informative but without the support it is just another "book". I like the idea of the weekends off plan because it is so much harder for me on the weekends...although I try to be good all the time. I actually tend to eat less and drink more on the weekends (and NOT water!!)

I'm a consultant and have to travel for work so I don't know that I would be able to meet the 3 x week consultation stipulation. When I asked them at the center how they would handle that she really had no idea. If there is one in the town that I happen to be working it wouldn't be a problem...but if there isn't? They were anxious for me to write a check though! It did not sit well with me that I got the whole..."I'll check with my manager....the offer is only good today". So guess I'm still floundering!

Anyway, I have a wedding this weekend and decided to do the take off plan for a couple of days to see if that will jump start me...and plus to give me some motivation. I'm actually pretty motivated but when I'm bored ANYTHING looks edible!!
mn_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:20 PM   #243  
Mn_girl

I've seen a couple of posts regarding the Carb Enders -- what are these supposed to do? Do they work????

Curiosity is my MO...
Old 11-03-2004, 01:35 PM   #244  

Hi Mn girl,

This is just an observation - But, it doesn't sound like you have convenienced yourself that you really want to go on plan?
Old 11-03-2004, 01:43 PM   #245  
Mn_girl

Star: Maybe you are right....maybe I'm not convinced that this is the best plan for me. I lost almost 100# on Atkins and have managed to keep it off for 2+ years but still have about 30 that I would like to get rid of. Seriously though, when I travel I leave Sunday night or Monday morning and get back late on Thursday night (Monday I head out to Harrisburg Pennsylvania for at least a couple of months). So if I need to go 3 x per week to LA...would they accept me going three days in a row? It doesn't seem like I would get much out of it??
Old 11-03-2004, 02:53 PM   #246  
237/207/130

I think LAWL had a spokesperson that never visited a center. I think she was in a country where LAWL was non-exsistant. I think she did it all by fax. I can't remember the details though. I am sure they would work with you on the 1 x per week. I've gone in three days in a row. They've never said anything to be about it. As long as you're going in - what is the big deal?

I am down 3 lbs. I finally got back on track, thank goodness. I am feeling better. Still having a hard time getting the veggies in, but other than that all is well

Hope you all have great losses today!
pinkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:50 PM   #247  
Mn_girl

Thanks for all your feedback! I was under the impression that the 3 x per week was a requirement for the program...but it sounds like they are willing to work with people which is great!
Old 11-03-2004, 04:46 PM   #248  

Default Funny Story......

A store that sells husbands has just opened in Dallas, TX where a woman may
go to choose a husband from among many men. The store is comprised of 6 floors, and the men increase in positive attributes as the shopper ascends the flights. There is however, a catch. As you open the door to any floor you may choose a man from that floor, but if you go up a floor, you cannot go back down except to exit the building.

So a woman goes to the shopping center to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs. The woman reads the sign and says to herself, "Well, that's better than my last boyfriend, but I wonder what's further up?" So up she goes

The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids. The woman remarks to herself, "That's great, but I wonder what's furtherup?" And up The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids and are extremely good looking. "Hmmm, better" she says. "But I wonder what's upstairs..The fourth floor sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids,are extremely good looking and help with the housework. "Wow!" exclaims the woman, very tempting. BUT, there must be more further up!" And again she heads up another
The fifth floor sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids,are extremely good looking, help with the housework and have a strong romantic streak. "Oh, mercy me! But just think... what must be awaiting me further up?" So on to the sixth floor she goes
The sixth floor sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor 3,456,789,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping Husband Mart and have a nice day.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:05 PM   #249  

Star, where do you get these things. I can see me adding to that number as well. If the tables were turned, the husbands would do the same think.

Pink, that is great being down 3 lbs. What are you doing differently to stay on track? Please share in your success. I/we need all the help we can get. Any tips are welcome!

mn_girl, I agree with you that buying the book and not having the support and accountability makes is almost impossible to do alone. You have come so far, and ifyou can lose 100#s, you can do anything. Your amazing, and don't like that old self image come back and tell you your not worth it, you really are and if you only have 30 lbs to get back to goal, go for it now - while you have the suggestion in your head. Your headed in the right direction - just have to make the final step to more forward again (that would be backwards on the scales). We are here to support you. I'm not sure who it was, but someone here lives in another state and has to travel a big distance to her center, and she was allowed to only attend the center once a week. Good luck on your decision.

Kristi: Thanks for the info on the starch blockers. I have used them and wondered how they worked.

Well, I just got back from the gym and have to go and find something for dinner. Take care, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:56 PM   #250  

Hi again everyone! I really wish the world would slow down because the days are going so very fast!!!

Star--your joke cracked me up. And isn't that typical of us?

MN Girl--I was given the option of 2 x per week with the comment "we really like to see you 3 x per week". I have NEVER been successful with weightloss on my own and to be honest, this is my last shot (or so I feel) at losing the weight before I go begging a doctor to sign me up for gastric bypass. So I figure if I am willing to mortgage my house for that surgery, I should cough up the $ for this. I really admire you for losing so much weight on your own already. I wish I had that in me and I wonder if I will ever gain that strength.

My binge lasted for 4 days however when I went to WI yesterday I had actually come down from my previous weigh in on morning 2 of the binge. Tonight I got myself into a sticky meal situation (this usually happens to me once every week or two) with our church meal. There wasn't a veggie in sight that wasn't drowning in butter. The meat was ham. I ate. So now I have to just get back on the band wagon. I'm drinking a lot of water.

How many of you feel even the slightest gain? When I'm losing, I know it, and people have commented on my attitude, posture, and total look. But with this 1.5 gain over the last week, I also have felt every ounce and feel slouchy, icky and fat all over. (Not that I'm skinny, but I'm down 25 from where I began so I am skinnier than before..hehe) I know it's probably a mental thing and maybe I'm the only one who experiences it.

Well, we all survived the election. What an interesting day it was in 2nd grade today. You hear the kiddos talk big about an issue and you just know they are parroting their parents. Gotta love 'em!

Have a great night. And by the way--I really appreciate the people on this board!
TootSweet

TootSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:40 AM   #251  

Toot: Some advise. If you know that your going to a church dinner, and you know they won't be serving OP items, why not think about bringing your own. I have done that on many occassions and if you don't make a big deal out of bringing your own food, no one else will either. You have done great at losing 25 lbs, and your well on your way to being a slimmer you. Don't use every challenage that comes your way as an excuse for not sticking to plan. That is the hardest thing to over come. Remember, it's just food and the food that got you into trouble in the first place will always be around - you have to find ways to work around it. And, honestly - your not that big so I can't image a doctor allowing you gastric surgery unless your only 2 feet tall. Hang in there because the holidays are going to be the hardest for all of us and none of us want to un-do what we have already accomplished. Hope this helps.

I really should proof read what I write, sorry about all the incorrect words in my last post. Hope you call can understand. I'll have to pay attention before posting.

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:33 AM   #252  

Default It's Dark and Rainy........

Morning Chicks....

Sy - I get all those fun things from friends that know I'm always ready to .....I'll only post the real good ones. You give such great advice, I think you should have your own center, it would be a joy to have you as a counslor Plus, your solutions are doable, unlike my counslors that acted as though you could do the "life Happens" events with 100% control everytime. (I still say they are from another planet.)

Toot -Welcome back....I have to agree with Sy. You are doing to good to consider gastric bypass surgery. Just follow us, keep on getting back on tract whenever you slipup and sooner or later it will work. Your desire to be in better shape will win in the end. (For me, hopefully before I die) To answer you question about how I feel when the scale goes in the wrong direction? I feel like crap, like I have failed, like I will never get to goal. Then I roll my eyes and realize the ONLY way I will get to goal is to keep on pluggin and so that's what I do. I'm not gonna let the weight monster win. So I do this That helps me to feel better....

Well chicks, I have to be in an audit today...so I'll check back in much later...Have a great day......

HUGS
Old 11-04-2004, 09:19 AM   #253  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey gals,
As most of you know, my counselor told me to hold a week back since I was on antibiotics and was sick.

I am suppose to go back on Monday for my next w/i.

I jumped on my NEW scales this morning and just about peed my pants! The scale read 174!!!
I weighed 4 more times and it said the same thing. I thought there was just no way I could have lost 8 lbs since yesterday.
When I came into work today, I weighed here and my weight was 181. Now I'm bummed.
Wonder why my scale is wrong. It's brand new and has been within .4 lbs of the scale at my center.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 10:40 AM   #254  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Morning all

Well i had my WI yesterday and i was down 1.5 lbs so 1.5 more lbs to be back at my lowest. Im pleased with that kind of shocked that i was able to reach my goal for yesterday of 1.5! I got back on plan 100% and it just came off. Funny how that works.

Tammy~
I have a copy of the LAWL plan from ebay if you would like me to email it to you just send me your email. Also I tend to weight myself first thing in the morning but i dont weigh in at the center till normall afternoon so there is a difference you always weigh less first thing in the morning but i dont really know why that is. That might have something to do with the weight difference.

Im so glad to see that everyone is doing so well and im going to go to this ticker factory thing and look around i think they are so cute. Well i need to go grab some fruit and a bottle of water so ill drop in later

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:16 PM   #255  

Hi chickletts!

Didn't check in yesterday, and you've all posted 4 pages!

Dawn, glad you liked the nuked apple - I mix mine with yogurt, and it's good that way, too.

Star - do you find that the carb-enders help? They've suggested them at my center, but from what I've read thru websites, they only work on starch, not carbs like fruit and veg, so I didn't think they'd be helpful on a daily basis. It's also true that I get fuller faster than before.

Hi Britt - I hate to say it, but I've been losing more now that I'm getting in all the fruits - I use the smoothies a few times a week.

Sammy - they did mention something at WI yesterday about a new plan, including banana's sometime in November.

Sy - agree with you about the starch choices, I don't think I made my counselor happy when I asked him why I could have a subway sub everyday, but I couldn't make one at home? He said he'd check with the nutrionist. It's these kind of minor inconsistencies that make me wonder about this program.

Pinkpenguin - way to go!

Toot - have to agree with Sy - there will always be food situations around us - and we need to put things back in our control instead of theirs (whoever 'they' are) -- can you try to save your starches for dinner? Can you bring a salad and salad dressing. I'd think that there are probably lots of people that would like to have a low-fat choice if there was one. If you were allergic to something, you'd pass it by, right? (Sugar makes me break out in fat!)

My food situtation this week is the spaghetti dinner tomorrow. I'm saving one of my proteins, and my starches, and at least two veg - and I'm going to try not to get there hungry - so having a fruit and a lite in the afternoon. and water. lots of water. I'll float in. . .

Good luck to all of us, and HUGS!!

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote