Old 11-02-2004, 11:36 AM   #211  

Star: Where are you getting this funnies today?

Sammy: The enchiladas were awesome, and a big hit at the tailgate party. The game was awesome too. Score was 42-30 and an Orangemen Win! We left with 3 minutes left on the clock and somehow - CT made another touchdown. I have to say that those guys from CT have a great quarterback who can really throw, and the offense did a great job at catching just about every ball he tossed. Your team is still undefeated, right! Go BSU!

Julie: Thanksgiving will be hard for all of us. I'm going to do my best, but 1 think is for sure - I'm NOT eatting turkey that day! My plan is to take a couple Carb Enders before dinner and I'll eat the dressing instead of or in place of the turkey. I will watch my portions. You know, since I have been on plan for so many months - I find that I get full much quicker now than ever before. I'm going to my sister's house so I won't have the leftovers and that is a good thing. I plan on only selecting foods that I really like, not just because they are sitting on the table. I could care less about canned corn, or canned peas - so those veggies (starches) will be easy to resist. I haven't decided, but I may skip the 2 Lite bars that day (almost 400 calories) and choose a different dessert. It's all in the planning. I may also do 1 of the 2 day take off the day before, and the second day of take-off, the day after. I'm sure that won't be the LA way, but that is my plan.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:40 AM   #212  

Morning ladies!

Julie - ditto on the Wendie Plan. Everytime I did my week that way I lost 2+ pounds and broke out of a plateau. Definitely shakes up your metabolism. It would be hard to do with LAWL; but maybe when we do have a cheat day it ends up helping...hate to justify it like that though! DH wanted to go to Chevy's (don't know if you guys have them)...Mexican with this awesome homemade tortilla machine...you can have as many as you want. I had to decline because I knew it spelled trouble!

Star - great exercise myths! Welcome back to your hiney!

Sammy- hope Noah gets rid of his cough!

Have a great day ladies! Go to WI tonite, then leave for Laughling tomorrow. I am bringing fruits and bars, a big container of water to keep in the hotel room. This is going to be a BIG challenge for me so any advice you pro's have I would love to hear! There is a workout room at the hotel, so I am planning on bringing my workout clothes...will try and keep myself ahead of any off-plan eating.
amilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:41 AM   #213  

Dawn,

It does work that way. Anytime your body tempature is elavated (fever) you burn more calories. So keep that burning.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #214  

Hola chicas! (all the talk of Mexican food...mmmmmm!)

I stood in line to vote for over two hours this morning! And yes, I'll be staying up to watch the returns! Although I stayed up til one in the morning last presidential election and still woke up with a different prez than when I went to bed!

Oh! And after I finished voting I went and weighed in and was down 1.2 pounds at 208 even - a new low! Woo hoo! Not bad considering I have no idea what I ate over the weekend and made up most of the entries in my diary...shhhhhh! So now! NO MORE GOING BACKWARDS, YOU HEAR ME!?!?!?! LOL!!

Have a good day everyone - I have to go find some food - I didn't think I was going to be in line that long so I didn't eat breakfast first, now it's practically lunchtime!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:19 PM   #215  
191.8/168.2/160

Thanks guys for all the encouragement. I just want to see some kind of progress even if it's .2lbs.

The holidays will definitley be hard for me, but I will control myself.

Thanks for the compliments on the picture. Actually, my son is 7 now, so that pic is pretty old. I just don't have any new ones of me.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:03 PM   #216  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Default Im Back!!!

Long time no see

I have been away for about two weeks. Work and School have left me with no time at all. So i had a few minutes and thought i would pop on here for a few. I have a lot to catch up on lol. So forgive me while I read up on what everyone has been up too and how they are doing.

Update for me I had lost 12.25 lbs but however i am up 3lbs! I had not been following on plan 100% for the past two weeks so at least i know what happened. My counselor also said she thinks im missing to much of my food. For example if i go out and i have the salad bar she doesnt think im getting enough. So im being very cautious this week to make sure i get everything in and keep better track of it. I will be going out of town again this weekend but i think I will be able to stay on plan 100%!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and i will be posting again maybe today after i catch up on everything i have missed the past two weeks lol.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:15 PM   #217  

Tammy - If you think the holidays will be hard for you I guess your in the right place. I think we all have our work cut out for us. We can do this chicks

Brittyboo - Hey Girl, you were on the MIA list - glad to have you back
Sounds like you have been doing real well without us. You have to come back on here and share all your secrets with us - inquiring chicks want to know

Fiona - congrats on the weight loss,nice amount too! We won't tell anyone about your fabrication (food diary - been there/done that ). But let us know if your nose starts to change ...lol

Kristi - Cute cheerleading outfit, but it won't do as your profile picture, hint-hint......

Hugs
Old 11-02-2004, 03:32 PM   #218  
156/127.4/127.4

Afternoon chicks!

Just got back from school, had a small lunch as we are doing a pizza party for dinner, and can I just say lunch included a Tootsie Roll??? Bad Girl I know but dang this plan needs a little lee-way now and then!!

I just have to say, Yes, I am terrified for the rest of the Holidays! Thanksgiving is not that big a deal as I really am not missing mashed pot. or gravy, Turkey is on plan and we always have a huge salad anyways, so the rolls and desert will be the downside. What is a girl to do? Well I have to vote with Sy, moderation, and I am choosing ONE desert with 0 bars for the day. I think this is going to be one of those things where we all should prepare to wi on Monday and gain. However, getting right back on plan Friday morning will be a huge help and remaining on plan through the weekend. I am the one who cooks, so I have all the leftovers. Our usual dinner Friday after Thanksgiving is to turn the turkey into homemade noodles on top of mashed potatoes. Won't work this year! So I think like everyone else, preplanning is going to save all of us from doing something we will regret in the morning!!

We could all do the "right" thing and go work in our local soup kitchens for the holiday. I am going to try to sign myself up, I just got off the phone and I start next Tuesday volunteering at the ARC. I am doing this for school and it really is a good thing! You all have me beat as I don't vote. I know I am embarrased to type it but hey it's not like I am out doing naughty things!!!

Okay, I better go do something even if it is wrong!
Have a great day all!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:36 PM   #219  
156/127.4/127.4

Oh yea, has anyone said anything about the "new" plan? I asked the counselors on Monday and they looked at me like I was from Mars. She said, what have you heard and I said there were more menu choices like bananas, and almonds and she said oh, that is stabalization. No, I know a little about that and the "new" plan is different. Then they thought maybe the east coast where Corporate was located was doing a test market and by the time the west coast got it, I would be in stabalization. Okay, well so much for great information!
Sammy
Old 11-02-2004, 03:39 PM   #220  
156/127.4/127.4

FYI, just checked out the website, nothing new, just new faces on the success stories!
Sammy
Old 11-02-2004, 03:59 PM   #221  

I am b-o-r-e-d! I am working on finding a new job, part-time so that I'll actually have time in my day to do the RE thing too. There are a couple of ads that I want to follow up on that say "CALL" but I can't exactly do that while sitting at my j-o-b, can I?

Old 11-02-2004, 04:05 PM   #222  

Today is International Very Good Looking Damn Smart Woman's Day, so please
send this message to someone you think fits this description.

Please do not send it back to me as I have already received it from a Very
Good Looking Damn Smart Woman!

And remember this motto to live by:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 11-02-2004, 04:25 PM   #223  

What? No illustrations for that one?

thanks for the nice note! You are full of fun things lately, aren't you?

fiona
Old 11-02-2004, 04:47 PM   #224  

Fiona - "You are full of fun things lately, aren't you?"
Someone said it earlier "I am b-o-r-e-d!"

It's pitch black here at 4:43pm....yuck
Almost time to go home, see you chicks tomorrow. Have a great night
Old 11-02-2004, 04:48 PM   #225  

Lol star - that was me, too.

Fiona