Old 11-02-2004, 04:54 PM   #226  

Fiona - I know....lol
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:17 PM   #227  

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:40 PM   #228  

You guys are just to funny! I love your motto Star, and that's is the way we should all go out of here... You know it happened to me too. I received so many copies of that today, it over loaded the email system and our support people in Baltimore are upset with me and have asked me to tell people to stop sending it to me. LOL!

Sammy, I always wanted to go to the local food bank, or Salvation Army and help out with dinners. I'm proud of you for making the call and acting on it. You have me thinking about it again.

Hi Britt, nice you see you back. Stop by again when you have a few minutes.

Fiona: I'm proud of you for being down in weight! You go girl! Whatever your doing it's working so keep it up the great work.

Sammy, I asked today at the center about the new plan, our center was told that it's on hold. So, I guess they were getting us excited about nothing. Wonder if it was suppose to be a new plan for the new year and somehow it leaked out.

Anyone ever try the snack items that they sell at LA (that we can use for a starch replacement)? Today I didn't think I could eat another piece of diet bread or another Low Fat Triscut, so I splurged and purchased a single bag of the LA cheese twists ($1.50/bag - Yikes). I have to admit, they were really good and reminded me of Cheetoz (not sure if I spelled that right?). When I checked out the calories and other numbers on the back, (it's in the car so I don't have it in front of me now), I don't see why we can use those everyday for a starch (I asked and they said of course I could), but if we don't use their products we get stuck eatting melba toast and the other stuff on the unlimited starch list. I know it's the money they make on their products, but I still feel they could list a few more choices.

I was up a little at weight-in, so I'm not dwelling on it. It will come off by the time I go at the end of the week. I was scolded too. I normally put a loaf of diet bread in the freezer at work and use it for toast each morning. I ran out and left the replacement in my freezer at home. So, I went to the cafe at work, they had cereal - I read all the non-sugar boxes and picked the lowest calorie item of Cheerios at 60 calories and the 3rd ingredent was salt - otherwise it would have been OP. She told me I should have used it as a Carb Craver, I told her I made the best choice I could and explained what happened. She said, well sometimes that is all we can do. I should have drank more water and I would have probably stayed the same. I'm having a hard time getting all of my water in lately.

Don't have time to proof read, hope there are no mistakes.

Have a great evening, and I'm off to eat my Lite bar.

~Sy~
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:47 PM   #229  
191.8/168.2/160

Sy - I buy the De-lites and eat those for breakfast. The blueberry ones are great! They count as 1 starch and 1 fruit. I can buy 6 boxes for $25.00 and there are 4 to a box, so that's around 1.00 per piece. They are really filling also.

I haven't tried any of their other snacks.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:05 PM   #230  
156/127.4/127.4

Sy-I can't beleive they scolded you over the Cheerios! Goodness, how many calories are in a bowl of oatmeal. You know I know they want to make money on the products but come on, I know like the baked Lay's are not as bad as the Trisquits, and the RF Ritz are comparable to the Trisquits as well. I have been using the RF Ritz instead and they taste really good! About the soup kitchen thing, I did it!!! I got DH and I signed up for the 24th of November and we will serve, or clean whatever they need and I also volunteered to make 5 pies (my choice on flavors) and 5 doz. cookies for children that come and don't want pie. I have been so dang excited all day! I just went to the United Way Website and typed in my zip code and it brought up a list of ways to help and then the contact person. The thing that was so good was she was so dang Thankful I was willing to help!!! Can't wait!

Fiona-Congrats you big looser!!! So happy for you!!!

Tams-I bought the de-lites and the cereal bars. I have yet to open the cereal bars but I really like the cinnamon de-lites heated for just a minute in the microwave. I hate giving up my fruit with it though...

Star-I lived by the motto tonight minus the chocolate and martini! It was my son's soccer party and I had planned ahead by not having dairy or afternoon starch. Then I got there, smelled the and well three very small pieces later!!!!! It was good! The first time I had cheated that severly and it tasted so dang good!!! I did take a starch blocker so I will see on Friday how much damage I have done. I have not been exercising either so tommorrow I have set a new goal to exercise and get back on the right track !!! Plus I had 3 tootsie rolls today!! OH WELL!! Start over tomorrow right!!

Well I better get, I did by the way go vote tonight. I have only voted one time in my entire voting career! I did not feel any different as Idaho is a Republican state with two measly votes, so I know it wont' make a difference but like DH said, if you vote Demo then it gives them just that much more power. Girls, I can honestly say, I hate Politics!!!!

Hugs to everyone and hopefully everyone had a better POP than me! Maybe I will luck out and be down like I think it was Dawn with the mexican food . Yea, Right!!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:28 PM   #231  
laureen

Hi Chicks,
See everyone has been doing great. I ha my WI tonight after work stayed the same since last WI last Wednesday. I was out of town and didn't eat bad just not enough veggies etc. I tend to get sidetracked and don't eat but don't lose either. Any suggestions?? The counselor at my center said the new plan will be out in a few weeks, maybe are a test area. As soon as we get it I'll let you all know. I told her I just realized that we were only allowed green onions, she said don't worry about the white onions it'll be on the new plan. They were in Las Vegas for a conference a few weeks ago. I am so bored with salad and chicken!!! I do have the Lean Cusines at work, I work in a Jr. HS clinic and we are so busy giving meds out at lunch I barely get to eat. Maybe if I cut them out I would lose and not maintain. Do you think is's the sodium??? Well glad ya'll voted !!!! It is finally cooling off here in Texas. We ahve had temps in the 90's. Gloomy today but sunny and in the 60's the rest of the week. By the way the cereal bars are good and the nutrition guide is similar to Nutri grain. Well thanks for being here. Have a great night!
Laureen
laureen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 07:21 AM   #232  

Had a post just about ready to submit and lost it again. It's something to do with the SmartMouse button that does it every time.

Tam: Thanks for the info on the LA products. Your picture is beautiful. I think the only one missing is Kristi's (hint, hint).

Sammy: Thanks for the tip on how to find out more about volunteering. I'm going to check it out today. I think the lady at the center just wanted me to know that she was looking at my diary when she mentioned about the Cheerios. You know, if salt was the 5th ingredent and not the 3rd - I could have used it for my limited to 3 times a week starch. The same day, I also had Dannon Lite and Fit strawberry yogurt. She told me that I can only have plain yogurt and add my own fruit. I explained that another counselor at the center told me that if I didn't like plain, I could use the Light and Fit. Then she said that the center was wishey-washey on that and it's back to just plain yogurt, but I could add my own fruit. You know, if I used my free food of SF strawberry jam, added it to the plain yogurt with some Splenda - it would end up having more calories than the 90 calories that is in the plain and the Light and Fit. Sometimes they just don't make sense.

Laureen: The Lean Cusines could be the problem with the scale not going backwards. I'm very sensitive to sodium and was up after eatting 1 of those for dinner a couple weeks ago. I'm so jealous that you are complaining about 90 degree weather, and wish we could switch places with you for the next few months. I think we only had one 90 degree day this year. It's cold and rainy here in Upstate NY and dark and gloomy - but the dark and gloomy we will have to deal with until April.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:05 AM   #233  

Default Is it really only Wednesday??

How can it only be Wednesday I feel like I've been here 7 days already this week.....

Sy, Excuse me for saying this, but the whole food intake explanation for you yesterday cracked me up Isn't it a shame that we have to be so anal about "everything" that gets close to our mouth? I'm sure God did not intend for eating to be so complicated. Speaking of God, my girlfriend is on the "Makers Diet" From what I understand it goes back to what people ate when Jesus was still on earth. It seemed too complicated for me and reading all these posts - no one on here should attempt it I guess we should blame all our weight issues on Adam & Eve huh? Goodness knows it can't be
all our fault

On LA, I use to LOVE the triple chocolate biscottis If they had a plan where you could eat 4 of those a day I would probably be at goal now

Sammy - You know I have thought for years that it would be great to serve at a food line on Thanksgiving. Ofcourse then I weighed that against my moms turkey dinner and mom always won I think I will mention it to DH and see what he thinks about us actually doing it this year.
Your making 5 pies and cookies - you get the Chick Humanitarian Award You ROCK....... About your slip up, you know what to do, we are all human and sometimes those "life happens" events just win out over our control....It's obvious that chicks on here know one slip up is not a reason to quit It is a reason to work harder the next day.

Laureen, If your missing too much of your food groups it's really hard to tell what's going wrong. With LA they say you have to eat everything, it's like any other plan - you have to give it your best shot to follow all the rules. It's the only way those counslors can pinpoint what's going on. Plus to complicate things these plans work differently for everyone. Heck, I've been trying to figure out my body forever Truthfully, maybe we are the only one's that can figure out our metabolizms and how they work Anyhow good luck and hang in there..

Talk to ya'll later - ((HUGS))

Last edited by Starlynn; 11-03-2004 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:31 AM   #234  
156/127.4/127.4

Sy-Once again I am surprised at your center!!! I eat the Vanilla light and fit pretty much daily with 3/4c. raspberries. I compared the plain and vanilla and there is little or no difference in calories and sugars. You are right, after adding the jelly and splenda you would be over. I don't think they honestly know a lot about food combining other than what is basic on the card.....

Laureen-I had got stuck at a point of gaining/loosing the same few pounds and like you I had been doing the LC for lunch. I cut them out completely and tried to stay with very few limited choices and did not eat out and I dropped like 5 pounds in a two week stretch. The counselor at the center said although the LC are simple they add up in the sodium as our bodies have gotten use to not having it!!! Good luck and hang in there!! I saw on tv this am parts of Texas got snow????

Star-I am with you "WHat it is ONLY Wednesday!" Thank you for the encouragement on the "life happens" moment yesterday! The best thing for me is yea, I know it was wrong but I did not beat myself up like I usually do. I am just picking up and moving on to today and back on track with a few extra glasses of water!!

Kristi-come on!!! Where is the picture? And Fiona you promised one too!!! Who else is left? Dawn, Laureen and daughter, don't make us get out the Picture MIA list!!

Well it is time to register for Spring classes already.. I can't beleive I only have 12 class days left of this semester. Of course the 12 days are broken up into about 6 weeks but the semester is finally winding down. One more test in each class and I am done with the miserable Poli Sci!!!!

Have a great POP Day! I am putting best foot forward today to try to do my best for myself!! East Coast Girls hang in there with the gloomy weather! I can't beleive it gets dark at 4:30 I would be in bed all day until Spring!!! We have had sunshine but the wind is blowing like a hurricane and the leaves are blowing all over the place! Going to take Noah to the doc today as he asked me yesterday to unplug his ear he could'nt hear Sponge Bob!!!
Sammy
Old 11-03-2004, 09:33 AM   #235  
156/127.4/127.4

Oh yea, my middle son said November is being thankful month at his school so he listed things he was thankful for and I thought about it and I am thankful for this forum and great group of chicks! Without you guys for encouragment and advice I would have dropped the program a long time ago!!!
So Thanks Chicks!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:40 AM   #236  
156/127.4/127.4

Sorry, one other quick little inquiry! At the pizza party last night there were several "little" soccer moms just going to town on the pizza, several pieces at time with a big Coke.... Please shed some light on how they are able to do that??? Do they drive the porcelin bus later or are they just "naturally" skinny?
Sammy
Old 11-03-2004, 09:44 AM   #237  

Lol Sammy - probably dedicated gym-goers, or joggers or some-kind-of-exercisers. I know when I used to be VERY active I could eat anything I wanted (and did). Oh, for the good old days....

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:25 AM   #238  

Sammy - were the moms young? When you are young (Fiona) exercise plays a very big part in your size. However, I have found that the older I get things have changed. When I was in my 30's I jogged 3 miles a day - I could eat nonstop with no gain. Now I can exercise til the cows come home and still gain. Sometimes I think exercising my whole life is part of the problem. But to answer your question as to how they stay thin. Alot of it is in the your genes and there are women that can eat and not gain. Not all women have to debate over if they can eat 6 ozs of cherrios or not

Kristi and I were talking about things we have to be thankful for just yesterday. Here's my list:
1) we aren't fat
2) healthy families
3) we don't have to cook for Thanksgiving......
Old 11-03-2004, 11:58 AM   #239  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey,

Have any of you gals ordered the complete LA weight loss plan from Ebay?
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:02 PM   #240  
156/127.4/127.4

Morning again chicks!

I finished my paper!!! WOOOHOOO now lets hope I get a good grade on it!!

The ladies eating the pizza last night were older than me, not old by anymeans but past that 30 mark. It is weird because having kids at 17 makes me look really young to the moms that have kids my kids age as they probably started at a more "normal" age like 20 and later. I am sure you guys are right and it is metobolism and genes and the one mom does hike so she probably hits the gym. Bad genes, and no motivation, I don't have a chance

I am like everyone else, when I was young I was able to eat and drink whatever. I remember the day I realized that I could not do that anymore, it was before LAWL but before I was ready to make the drastic change!! I can't wait to go in for my yearly checkup just to see the difference a year can make!

Well I better get I have to take my little one to doc. today. I have been famished all morning! I just scarfed down my bar and now I am headed in for some fruit and more water! I tried the Smores Luna bars over the weekend and they hold a tight second to the lites! They were so good and the chocolate was more like the lites than anything else I have tried!!!
Sammy