Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 09:15 PM   #16  

It's so good to see everyone's posts. TexNurse - way to go for Calgary. Tomorrow night my daughter is going to a friend's for a tv watching party re: hockey game. I weighed in this a.m. and lost and hope to lose when I weigh in again Mon. Our weather is finally getting warmer and I have been out walking. Have a good weekend all. Will be be back to read Mon.'s posts.
Beachlover
Old 06-05-2004, 12:18 AM   #17  

Angry

I am so upset!!!! tomorrow night is the 6th and could be final game of the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs and our local channel here is pre-empting the game for the Children Miracle Network Telethon!!!! I cannot believe this!! Now I am a nurse and I am all for helping with healthy children and all but this is a National Playoff Game and could be the last one and Calgary is playing in Calgary!!! How can they do this to me??? This is a local telethon so Abilene, Tx is the only city in the world probably pre-empting this game. Can you tell I'm upset? Anyway, I'm going to just pray that there is a 7th game even though I want them to win tomorrow night. I will definitely call the station in the morning and protest but I know it won't do any good. I did that once when a telethon pre-empted my beloved Walker, Texas Ranger LOL. I guess they don't think Texans find hockey important but they better think again. Anyway, it won't make me go off of my plan but I was sure looking forward to my Saturday night hockey.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:09 AM   #18  

Okay, now I'm worried... Diane, where are you? Not like you not to post for this long... Hope all is well...

Mel - never tried the soups or shakes. They also have some type of macaroni sprial snack thing that I haven't tried - was going to last time I was in and forgot by the time I got to the door. MB on Fri and can't wait! Congrats on the -.2.

Welcome teach - I have posted a few receipe in previous numbers of LA Friends. I made this awesome meatloaf a few weeks ago, couldn't figure out why it was so good as I have made it the same in the past - only difference was that I used Prudue ground chicken. Checked the label and it had 12 grams of fat, when the other ground poultry only had 3-6 grams. No wonder it tasted so good. It's in the freezer and will have to mix with the lower fat poultry if I'm going to use that again. I love veggies, so I never have a problem getting them in. Tell me what veggies you like and I will come up with some suggestions for you.

Tex, sorry about the teleathon taking the place of the hockey game. I hate when that happens. Not that this is the same, but I tape the Young and the Restless - I swear it's the most interrupted show on the air - it takes the backseat to anything that channel wants to put on the air at that time.

Well, we finally had 2 days in a row without rain. Got the lawn trimmed and mowed, and yesterday my husband and I got the flower gardens weeded and put down the mulch - the yard finally looks great!

Beach - Syracuse is suppose to be in the high 80's this week - so maybe some of the warmer weather will make it up your way! I hope so. My husband and I went to Canada last weekend (on Alex Bay trip) for a stop in the duty free store to get some Bardor to bring back, and checked out a few grocery stores - in that town I can't spell - Gananaque - that's not the spelling but you should be able to figure out - right across the 1000 Islands bridge. He found some great 6 year old cheese that was awesome. I love stopping by the grocery stores - I couldn't find the double-bag Red Rose tea this time, do they still sell it? Did you all have tulips for the tulip festival this year? Friends from work went last year and it was so cold - only saw a few. Other friends from work go to Ottawa to ice skate on the canal each year - I think it's in Feb?

Everyone have a great day OP.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:31 PM   #19  

Debby, sorry about the hockey game. Not to rub it in but it was a GOOD game. However you now have Mon. night. Hope there are no pre-emptions! Sy - it's neat to hear you like shopping in Canadian grocery stores because I love going to American stores. When we drive home from our daughter's in N.C. we always stop in Watertown to stock up on things. We have been known to go to Watertown for the day. Before LAWL I liked to have breakfast at the Crackerbarrel. I know Gananoque and we still have Red Rose tea. I've been going for walks but I haven't been to see the tulips. Isn't that just weird - I live here and I even missed Winterlude with the snow sculptures etc. It just seems as life gets in the way of living if you get my drift.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:03 AM   #20  

Beach - I laughed when I read your comment "get my drift" - we Northner always get the drift (It's sad that it's usually in the white stuff (snow)).

I thought that my husband and I were the weird ones that liked to grocery shop in other places. Even here in the states - different areas have different things. Example, in NY we can no longer get Mickey's beer (a favorite of my husband) we have to drive to PA for that. In NC we can get Diet "Caffeine Free" Mountain Dew. Also in NC we can get Wells BBQ Sauce - it's awesome if you are from the North and like NC BBQ flavor - bring it home in a jar. I'm going to SC are the end of this week, and my husband has a list for me already of items to bring back - I will have to stop in different states to get his list of items. Winterlude is a big deal in my office, many people go North in the winter for that, and the Tulip Festival as well. I know what you mean when there are things in our own area that we miss them, while others vacation to see them. Another place my husband and I like to visit in Canada is Kingston - it's close by and a fun place. Chez Piggy is our favorite restaurant there. We usually make that an overnight trip. I've always wanted to get to Ottawa but have never made it up that far yet.

Hey, still no Diane - I hope she's back soon! Diane, we miss you... Write more later.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:42 AM   #21  

Good Morning!!! (at least it's morning here)
I lost another pound on Friday and I feel great!!!!

Congratulations Beachlover on losing, and if I didn't mention it before, Texnurse...great going losing that 10! I made the crock pot chicken recipe this weekend and it was good. I even put some of it over cooked cabbage last night.

Hi Mel and Sy...hope you guys are having a great Monday.

I weigh in again tonight, hopefully I'll be down some more. I was really hungry this weekend. Unusual because I haven't been hungry since I started the program. I did some weight lifting (The Firm) last week, so that may have something to do with it. I did cheat a little by sneaking in an extra meal replacement shake, but I was sooooo hungry. I guess that's better than eating the pizza my BF ate in front of me ( I gave him permission).

I've noticed that at my center they don't emphasize excercise very much, has anyone else had this experience? I'm just curious. Maybe it's something they mention closer to goal. Speaking of goal...I'm down 11, 68 to go! Yay!
I get measured at the end of this week.

Let's see, what else....hope to see Diane back soon.

Have a great day on program everyone.

Jenni
Old 06-07-2004, 12:45 PM   #22  

Hi Jenni, at my center - they do not emphasize exercise either. When I wasn't losing - they told me to stop lifting weights but I can continue to do the cardo stuff - since the cardo stuff burns fat, while the other adds musucle. Also told me to mix up the cardo stuff. So, I use to go to the gym 5 days a week, I'm down to 3 times a week, use to do 40 minutes at the ellipitical - down to 20 or 30 minutes and do the remaining minutes on the bike, or the treadmill. Different each time I go. I cut down on the days because I would rather mow the lawn (outside) for 1-2 days of exercise. When I return from vacation - I will get the bike out. I plan on doing the MS150 Bike-a-thon again this August. Have to start training for that. Jen, congrats on another -1. Your doing great.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:48 AM   #23  

Good Morning All, Tex - too bad about the Flames but Tampa was good! Jenni, exercise was never mantioned at my LAWL either. However I walk mosr every day at least 45 min. My center doesn't push the vitamins and supplements and I'm glad. It promises to be the first "summer" day here. High 31 - Celsius. High 80's F. I've put my wash out and want to go for my walk. I have a little fm radio I use and I couldn't walk without it. Enough rambling! Have a good day ladies.
Beachlover
Old 06-08-2004, 11:03 AM   #24  

Hey Everyone!
I thought about Tex this morning too...when I saw on the news that Tampa Bay won the Stanley Cup. Sorry Tex....Beachlover, I'm jealous! You get to stay home on such a beautiful day? I'm at work and it's supposed to be in the mid 70's here. I'll be going for a walk at lunch time for sure!
I lost another 2 pounds! I made a mini goal for myself (when I started LAWL) to lose the first 20 pounds that I gained since I quit smoking. 7 more pounds and I'll meet that goal.
They said in a few more pounds I'll be moving to the Purple Plan (I'm on Red now)....yikes!!! I suppose that will mean eating less. Is anyone else on the Purple Plan and do you know the exchanges???
Have a great day Sy and Meltin!!! Hope all is well with you two.

Jenni
Old 06-08-2004, 12:08 PM   #25  

Jenni - Congrats on the weight loss. My center does not talk anything about exercise, but I try to do some form of activity at least 5 days a week. I did pilates this morning and it was great.

Sy - Have a great trip in the Carolinas. I know how it is about having foods you love in different states. We are going to Maine for the first time for our anniversary in August. The lobster fest is that weekend, I am so excited. Have you ever been there.

I weighed in today and no change. It is TOM and I think I am swollen from weaning so I am not too upset about. I am ready for this scale to start moving down, it has been a slow process for me.

Melinda
Old 06-08-2004, 09:44 PM   #26  

Smile Hi Everyone!!

I'm still around, just traveling a lot with my job so hard to post all the time. It sure is hard to get all the water in when I am on the road and so many miles between these small West Texas towns! Well, guess what? After I moaned and groaned all day Saturday about the hockey game being pre-empted I fell back into my old evil patterns and went out and got me some fattening fast food to drown my sorrows! And guess what? when I got home the game was on!!!! Yes, I guess several had called in or else they planned to show it all along. So there I sat eating my fast food and watched them lose...drat! But like you said, another game on Monday night only to lose too, but yes, Tampa Bay was very good and most of the players are Canadian anyway so I guess that is ok. But...another dilemma. Sunday nights are my favorite 2 HBO shows, Sopranos and Deadwood. It was the Sopranos finale of the season which was a big disappointment to me and then it was the next to the last epi of Deadwood for the season. They had shown a movie last week so we fans had waited 2 weeks for this episode. well, I never receive any phone calls but all settled in to watch and my phone starts ringing, not once but 3 different times!!!! I'm expecting a grandbaby any minute so I don't dare not answer the phone. WEll if any of you watch Deadwood you know you have to watch every scene because it is such good writing that you don't want to miss a thing. Well, 10 minutes left and someone knocks on my back door!! Now who would do that at 10pm on a Sunday night? I was a little afraid to open it but it was just the parents of the college kid next door and they wondered if I'd seen him?? yeah right! Anyway, I turned around and the credits were rolling. Oh well, they show it again on Monday nights, but wait! The hockey game was gonna be on Monday night so then the dilemma...hockey game....Deadwood LOL....I guess I just don't have a life...of course it was the hockey game. they will show Deadwood many more times. OK, well I've tried to eat healthy with all the road traveling. Just not enough water and I'm out of fruit so tomorrow is grocery day for me. Hope all of you are doing well.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:33 AM   #27  

Tex - way to go on your 10 pound loss! Meltin - no change is good, too! Sy have a good time in the South. Jenni I'm on the gold plan but I know there are about 10 plans. They're advertising for a "nutritional counselor" at my center. We've just had LAWL here in Ottawa since February and they have opened up 4 centers already. Anybody know what the pay might be. I've been toting with the idea of applying. Bye for now. Hope everyone has a stick-to-it kind of day.
Beachlover
Old 06-10-2004, 05:18 PM   #28  

Hi Beachlover!
Thanks for the well wishes (for staying on track today). So far so good....I haven't cheated yet. I am, however, planning on cheating next week. It's my Birthday on Wednesday and I'm going to treat myself to some frozen yogurt....yummmmy!!

Hiya everyone else! (Tex, Mel, Sy and Diane)

I saw the purple plan last night, it's not too much different than the red plan, just short 1/2 of a protein. I can handle that. I move in 2 more pounds (233). I lost another pound last night. That's 14 pounds in less than 1 month. I'm pretty happy with the results so far. I'm sure every month won't be this way, but I appreciate it for now.

Beach,
If you want to apply go for it!!! I think it would be pretty cool. I'm not sure how good the pay is, but I can ask one of my ladies tomorrow if you want. When I was on Jenny Craig, the ladies there did not make very much money. They were mostly in it for helping others to lose weight as they did.

The weather is cold and rainy here today (Western Washington State). Normal weather for June.....our summer doesn't usually begin until July 5...after the rain on the 4th.

I hope everyone feels good today and stays on program.
Talk to ya'll later!!!

Tomorrow is Friday....yay!!!!!

Jenni
Old 06-11-2004, 03:30 PM   #29  

Quote:

Wanted to share this, cause I was never shown a list for alcohol before. If you wanted to have a 3 oz glass of wine (don't know who can only drink 3 ozs), red or white you would count this for a fruit, and if you wanted a Light Beer or shot of alcohol - you count it as a starch. If you wanted a regular beer - you count this as a fruit and starch. She had a copy of this in her drawer - but didn't offer to give me a copy. Wonder what else we can have a subsitutes? Anyone know of any?

Meltin, thanks for starting the new thread - you can be our new webmaster!

~sy~
Wine as a fruit? Who knew. Thanks for that info. GOnna snag it for future reference.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:33 PM   #30  

Guess I should intro myself. I'm Serena, age 30, canadian, Mom to two and fairly new to LAWL. This is day 11 and I think I'm doing fairly well. I'm down 7 as of this morning. Still a long way to go to the 69 pounds I want to lose but it's a step in the right direction.
Closed Thread