Old 05-13-2004, 11:11 AM   #1  

Default LAWL & Friends #78

Hope this works. Do you think people are having a hard time finding us? This thread us to be so active. I know everyone is busy and all, but it is great motivation.

Have a Great On-Program Day!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:41 AM   #2  

Default It worked... Good job...

Hi everyone. I was just reading #77 from the beginning, and I haven't seen and writings from Jenni Bell, Tab or Lynette? Maybe they have reached their goals and are having such a great time looking great - they don't have time to write... I hope that's it! Welcome back Diane. Long time, no post...

I usually get carried away, so just checking to see if the new thead worked, I'll write again...
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 12:24 PM   #3  

Sy - I really like the spinach/egg muffin recipe. South Beach has a recipe for it. I was planning on making it this week, left the spinach out overnight so I threw it out. I still haven't made it to LA yet today. JW is still sleeping.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:35 PM   #4  

Sy:
I was putting off following the program, I almost told my center that I was not coming back, that I realized that I have not felt good about myself since following LAWL.
I sent a message to Tab maybe she will show up.
Diane
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:30 AM   #5  

Meltin, that receipe was a modified SB receipe. My sister works with some ladies that are on the SB, and she keeps looking at their book for receipes we can make fit on LA. Good eye...

Diane, what do you mean you have not felt good about yourself being on LAWL? I'm not sure if you mean it's making you feel ill, or if you are getting discouraged? If your discouraged, I know the feeling - haven't up until yesterday's weighin. Come on back, we can encourage each other! We really need to do this!!!

I'm not giving up, but I'm getting very discouraged. I was up .6 at the beginning of the week, went to center yesterday - down .2 - so I have done just about nothing this week. If I cheated, or didn't stay on the plan - I wouldn't feel so bad. I know that I'm very sensitive to sodium, and using the Morton's Lite Salt makes my hands and feet swell. Actually, I used the Dannon FF Yogurt last weekend that had 250 mg of potasium on the lable and it also made me swell. The woman at the center said that I had cottage cheese for lunch, and due to the sodium - that could be it. Drink more water. If I drink more water - I could fill a swimming pool.

I try to encourage people - and don't normally feel this way - but something is up because I'm very upset with myself. So, which I knew I shouldn't have done - when I got home from the center, I got out the jar of peanutbutter and had a few tablespoons, just figured what's the difference. Maybe it will help? Yah, right... it was good, but NOT THAT GOOD. I put it away and said to myself, that is not the way your going to make the 15 lbs mark. I'm back on track. Still upset, can't get it out of my mind today! Help me!!!

The person at the center told me I should come in on Sat, which I may. And, of course if I go at 8:00am I will be down - because I normally go on my way home from work about 4:00pm. I think if I go on Sat, I will have the lose I'm looking for and be up again next week because I will get weighed at 4:00pm again? I'm going to be a reader the rest of today because I must have gotten out of the bed on the wrong side. I can't kick this discouraged feeling and don't want to get you all down... Sorry for venting... ~Sy~
Old 05-14-2004, 10:48 AM   #6  

Sy:
That what we are here for the good and bad, you were right I was feeling discouraged. That water I just keeping drinking it. Do you do the Carb craver menu or the just the basic plan. To get back on track I have been just doing the normal plan, when I feel the need I will add the carb cravers in.
I think you need to look at your overall progress I know its hard sometimes when you are having a hard week, our minds like to play those games like tempting us with peanut butter. You put away the peanut butter right. Just stay on track the rest of the day and weigh in tomarrow. I go at different times to it drives me nuts sometimes but it really ends ups balancing out.
As long as you are venting and not eating thats good, venting will not add on the pounds. Its good to let things out instead of holding them it. One of my big problems is not letting loose when I need to.
Have a GREAT DAY!
Diane
Old 05-14-2004, 11:28 AM   #7  

I purchased 11 more weeks for $3/ wk special, so I have 17 weeks left. We will see how it goes. They are on me about the LA Lites. I am only doing the bars, bc of nursing and they want me to take 2 a day. I told them that I would try but they are too sweet. I want to take one bar and then follow the rest of the program. They said that I have to do the bars or not. Is that so? I don't understand why I can't have one and get my other calories from say an apple.
Down 2 pounds for the week. I hope I can continue.
Sy - We all have ups and downs. It is so hard looking at that scale when you know you followed the program. But think about the times you slipped and the weigh in is still down. Like Diane said, it all works itself out.
How are you ladies doing with the exercise? Does your center stress it? Mine hasn't said much about it. I could do without today, but I am going to push myself to get something in.
Happy Weekend! The weekends are my toughest, dh is home. DH has been eating with me all week and lost a couple of pounds, but last night he decided to add macroni and cheese to his, which put the pounds pack on.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:51 AM   #8  

meltin:
I know you can do the program without the bars. I don't know what they are complaining about at least you are using them. Get a doctors note saying you can have only two a day. I know they have a menu with out the bars but I never tried it, I think they add more fruit to it.
My center recomends working out but never pushes it.
When I am on program my husband is pretty much supportive, every little bit helps.
Diane
Old 05-16-2004, 09:20 PM   #9  

How was everyones weekend? They are the worst for me. We like to go out on the weekend and finding something on plan beside a salad is often hard. Any suggestions?

Sy - How are the peanut butter bar for that peanut butter craving you hard? I know it is not the same. I think I am going to have one tonight. I just don't feel satisfied this evening. It is strange. Some days I am starving, others I am stuffed.

Keep Posting ladies!
Old 05-17-2004, 06:21 AM   #10  

Default Good morning ladies...

Meltin, weekend are hard for me too. I agree that some days I'm starving, and others I'm okay. I can't say that I ever feel stuffed... LOL... Personally, I can't help you with the going out to dinner stuff (haven't tried since starting). Did you ever get a Food Tracker from LA? It's a small booklet that gives you (mostly fastfood) items that you can choose from their menu and what to count those items as. I don't have my book with me today (cleaned out the purse), but I do remember Wendy's Chili - for example, you can get that and count it as a 1/2 of Protein and 1 Veg. There are many things you can get a Chili's - my sister has done that. My 2 sister's go to a different center, they got their book the day they started, I had to keep asking for one (my center said they were out).

I didn't weigh-in this weekend, figured I would only be fooling myself by weighing-in in the morning. I will go this afternoon on my way home. I stayed on plan all weekend. Even went to a Pampered Chef party yesterday and the hostess had tons of goodies. I just drank my water and ate about 4 slices of cucumbers and once I tasted the dip (and even counted the dip as my fat for the day). Only thing that I did was had a little more then 3 oz of pork yesterday - just a few more tastes than the 3 ozs.

Weekend as nice, got lots of things done. Rained all day Sat, so ran errands and that alone was nice to get those little things done.

I'll let you all know how I make out this evening. Have a great day!
Old 05-17-2004, 11:40 AM   #11  

Hello ladies

I am back from my business trip - I did pretty good staying OP - I would rate my effort 7/10. (Which truthfully is alot better than I normally do)

I have to go to the centre to weigh in on Tuesday - I hope it shows a loss! I know what you mean about getting discouraged - for me, I know it is about me and not the centre - do you know what I mean?

I packed a lunch today for work, and since the weather is so nice I plan to go for a walk over the lunch hour too.

My centre has never really talked about exercise - but I know it is important to losing weight.

Take care
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:00 PM   #12  

Thumbs up Fast Tracker Dining Guide...

Hi all. I went to my car at lunch and found the item I was talking about was called “Fast Tracker” Dining Guide. Restaurant choices are: Applebee’s, Arby’s, Bennigan’s, Bob Evans, Boston Market, Burger King, California Pizza Kitchen, Carrows, Cheesecake Factory, ChiChi’s, Click-Fil-A, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Don Pablos, Friday’s, Friendly’s, Hardee’s, Houston’s, IHOP, Jack in the Box, McDonald’s, Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, Perkins, Pizza Hut, Reb Lobster, Ruby Tuesday, Sizzler, Sonic, Subway, TacoBell, TCBY, Wendy’s and Zippy’s Shintani Cuisine. Not really all fast food, they are chain restaurants.

If you don’t have a book right now, and want to pick a restaurant from the list above – I will be glad to share what they have in the book and what exchange to use for it.

Since Pizza Hut only had 1 item listed, here is an example:

Fit and Delicious Pizza, 1 slice medium or large pie, any style
Says that it counts for ˝ protein, and 1 starch

~Joanne~
Old 05-17-2004, 12:44 PM   #13  

Hi all:
Frosty, I know it has to do with me but I keep just doing the same thing wrong over and over. This weekend was another wrong, I did not stay on plan much, I just kept adding things I should not have.
Joanne good luck with your weigh in today, I am putting mine off until tomarrow.
Meltin I think I am making the weekends harder than they need to be. Everytime I mess up they are always telling me to do the juice I am tired of it. I just need to get on track already.
have a great day everyone
Diane
Old 05-18-2004, 10:33 AM   #14  

Default Good morning ladies...

Good morning… Well, down a .5 at weigh-in yesterday. Yippee! Not great, but I’m taking it!

I have been thinking about my mood last week – trying to get over it and move on. Well, I really think I was freaking myself out mentally – it was not that I had problems sticking to the plan. I put in my mind that I was going to be down 15 lbs by weigh in last week, did everything OP and failed. I have never done mini goals before, and I’m sure that is great for some people when it comes to weight loss – didn’t work for me. So, I’m back to 1 day at a time…

Here is what I think I did to myself. Most of you are aware that I have 2 sisters doing LA along with me. Well, my older sister is doing great and because she has more weight to lose, I expected she would lose weight faster. My other sister is 10 years younger. She is doing great as well. But, I think I got into my head that since we are both about the same weight and have equal amounts to lose – we should lose at the same rate. She did awesome last week, and I was disappointment in my own results. I’m not making excuses – but I have to face the fact that she may be able to lose faster than me (I use to lose faster myself). I’m happy for her, and from this point on – I’m getting those horrible thoughts out of my head. Thanks for letting me vent… It was helpful to finally relax and get on with my weight lose.

Diane - since you know that weekends are hard for you, maybe you could try something like setting Saturday aside for the 1 day a week that you will treat yourself to something to eat that you feel like your being deprived from. Tell yourself that you will not feel guilty for doing it, and it will be part of "your" program - I bet you still lose weight. That way, you will have something to look forward to - that may help you stay on track the remaining part of the week?! I think a lot of this losing weight stuff is a mind game - if we think it will defeat us - it will. If we keep trying to fight it, we will WIN!

Frosty, good luck at WI today. Sounds like you did great for being out-of-town. Feel proud that you made better choice than in the past.

Meltin, this time when I got more LA Lites, I picked up 2 boxes of the Peanutbutter bars - and I'm tossing that 'real' jar of peanut butter.

Have a great day everyone, I'll keep checking back...
Old 05-18-2004, 11:27 AM   #15  

Joanne:
I had the same trouble when my sister was doing the plan with me., she would lose the pounds quickly and I was more of a slow and steady loser. Well she stopped doing the plan and never reached her goal and gained most of her weight back.
my councelor said the same thing about the mind game, that just to funny hearing that twice in one week.
But after all the worrys about the weekend I was only up .2 I was so relieved.
Frosty how did your weigh in go?
Meltin after so much talk about the fast-tracker I need to take mine out more often instead getting grilled chicken salad when I go out.
Diane