Old 01-26-2004, 11:49 AM   #1  

Default LA member, new to 3FC forums

Hi, I started LA Weight Loss in Sept. I have lost 35 lbs. This is the second forum that I have joined. They kicked me out of the first because it was a low carb forum. I love the LA program, but I have hit a platau(sp). If anyone has any ideas on how to get past this hump I would greatly appreciate it. My fear is that I will become discouraged and give up. I should also tell you that the weight that I am now I have not been at in over 10 years.
GardenChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 04:57 PM   #2  

Hi Garden Chic

I just started LA last week. A centre just opened down the street from me, so I decided that this would be it. I have a total of 40 pounds to lose, and so far I have lost 6 in one week. Of course, I don't expect to keep up this pace, however I am certainly happy with the results so far.

In terms of your plateau, are you drinking lots of water? Do you exercise?

Good luck!!
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:10 PM   #3  

Hi GardenChic, welcome to the boards. I have a question for you both regarding the LA program - what does it exactly entail? THeir website is kind of vague on the details of the program.
Thanks!
Savasana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 07:12 PM   #4  

Hello,

I am not yet a LAWL member, but I might join. I am in the process of learning about it, I have an appointment tomorrow to check it out. So I would love any information you all have, do you think its easier to stick with than other plans? If so why?

I have chatted with a nice lady that own some centers and she shared some statistics that LAWL keeps, so, in case you have not seen them I thought I would share:

Well, I can break things down very simply....Our retention weeks on average are 22...over 6 centers....what that means is our clients on average stay on the program a total of 22 weeks. To put this in perspective....Weight Watchers retention is at about 6 weeks...Jenny Craig retention is about 11 weeks....the average over all the country for people on diets is 10 weeks. Company wide for LAWL we are told that we range from 16-25....so my company of 6 centers is on the higher end. As for our average lbs lost per week. As a company we try to keep the average at 2 lbs a week...my last 6 week audit showed us at 2.14....but now it gets complicated...we break that down into what is the average lbs lost of those using the LA Lites Versus those who do not....for us it was 2.31 for those using and 1.92 for those who were not...then we break it down to those who come in 1,2,3 times a week...those who come in 1 time a week the average is 1.6, 2 times a week 1.8 and those coming 3 times a week 2.63. Then we break in down more as to who is using the supplements...and the pattern is the same. The bottom line...coming in 3 times a week makes a difference and using the products does as well...but even if you don't do those things...you are still losing better than if you were not doing anything at all. In other words...you are better off just coming in then not doing anything at all.
Our retention rate which you want to be at 100% or higher....was at 102%. that is good...but needs to be better. In the past 6 weeks we had 9 refunds....now that might have been unhappy clients or medical reasons or which ever...To put that into perspective we have 1500 active clients...that is less than 1 %. 62% of our clients have bulked purchased their LA Lites...13% of our clients are not doing Lites or medical reasons or by choice...23% of our clients do the supplement vitamins.
BabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 08:01 PM   #5  

hi, now i heard on dr. phil today . that if at a plateau do something different. like put your body in a shock. some of them added to exercise with a different kind. or go to a different eating plan like more or less calories a day or what ever. do not do the same thing. then after the change for a time then work back into the original plan. i do variety with my plans alot and my exercise . so its worth a try. do not give up. you will get it together again. good luck. never been on the LA plan. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 08:44 PM   #6  

So far I have been on the program for 6 days, have visited the centre 3 times and have lost 6 pounds. Obviously I am very happy with that.

What I like about the program, is the motivation and close supervision the centre can provide for me. I need this extra push to help keep me motivated and on track.

The program is not cheap, so far I have prebought my program and LA lites for 1 year, and the total cost was about $1000 Canadian. I was prepared to pay it because I believe this is going to be it. In the past year, I probably spent that on diet books etc. and didn't see any results....

I like that you eat your own food on this program. The basis of the eating is on exchanges. I also like that.

Bottom line, you gotta do what's right for you. This is working for me, and I know I am going to make my goal.

Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:34 PM   #7  

Thank you for the wonderful welcome. I'm still on that plateau but I'm changing things up to see if it helps. I'm looking forward to reaching my goal and getting to know this forum.
GardenChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 03:59 PM   #8  
I will lose it.

question: do you still have to have that drink i think like for three days I'm not sure. would like to know more. thank you
fatgoaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 12:07 PM   #9  

hello to all and good luck,Im glad I joined this see u all
peppermint-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:09 PM   #10  

Default l a weightloss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
Hi Garden Chic

I just started LA last week. A centre just opened down the street from me, so I decided that this would be it. I have a total of 40 pounds to lose, and so far I have lost 6 in one week. Of course, I don't expect to keep up this pace, however I am certainly happy with the results so far.

In terms of your plateau, are you drinking lots of water? Do you exercise?

Good luck!!

HI I just started la weighloss this wk, so far i have lost 4 lbs.
I have 50 lbs to lose, if anyone needs a buddy
my email is [email protected]
cinnamon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 09:12 AM   #11  

Default Looking at LAWL

Hi,

I hear good things about LAWL. And I especially like the support they offer. It sounds very expensive. Can anyone give me an idea of the costs and any hints on keeping the costs down?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

DiaDona
DiaDona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 02:17 PM   #12  

Hey gardenchick,
I am also on LA and have lost 40 pounds, however I am also at a plateau and find myself struggling greatly!!! Although I am at the thinnest I have ever been, I would like to lose 10 more pounds. Maybe we can motivate each other!!
Lindsey
lindseyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:08 PM   #13  

Default Let's all help each to stay motivated!

Hi everyone. Just started LA and I'm in my second week. 8 1/2 lbs gone so far. I'm sure it will slow down some. I was doing WW up until the night that I joined LA. I was on WW for 3 months and only lost 12 lbs. I know I should be happy that I lost, and I truely am - but I was losing my motivation... I needed something stricker and I think I found it because it's working so far. I know that I have just begun. Have 25 more to lose, so I'm on my way.

I was hooked on the WW website. It's very active and tons of help. Hoping to get the similar support here. I'm so glad that I found something. Very limited info and groups for LAWL.

Anyone have any interesting receipes to share, or tips that will help me?

I have a receipe to share, having eatten it - but did take a taste when fixing it - should be good.

Cabbage Salad

1 bag of Angel Hair cabbage (no carrots) = 4 cups
4 slices of fresh pineapple = 4 fruits
1 teaspoon of vinegar (for wetness)
4 tablespoons of Mircle Whip Light = 4 fats
salt, pepper and celery seeds to taste.

I will count for 1 veggie, 1 fruit, and 1 fat.

I plan on splitting this into 4 containers for my lunches. My husband cooked a fresh turkey. I took the white meal off the bone, weighted out 5 ozs bundles and put into baggies. Now I have something planned for 5 lunches, or dinners throughout the week. I plan on freezing the turkey and taking a package out each morning I plan on having it that day.

Hope this helps. If anyone can think of some simple ideas to spice things up a bit I would be grateful!

Good Luck to all of us!
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:39 AM   #14  
angel_face

Hello,
I just joined la weightloss and would like a e-mail buddy I think it would help so far I have lost 8 lbs in 6 days so I love the program
Tina
angel_face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies-if you new members have questions about LAWL-there is another thread here called "LAWL and friends" with a lot of long time members-they should be able to answer any questions that you have-and it will keep from having two threads side by side on the same thing. It is right here under General Diet Plans as well-they would be happy to have you!

Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote