Old 03-03-2004, 01:31 PM   #46  

Schana:
I am very proud of you, and to even purchase a workout dvd your are making progress. congrats. Weekends have been a big problem for me lately, I end up spending the beginning of the week getting off the mess I make over the weekend, I am going to stick to plan this weekend. It is still nice here I think its going to be our last day though tomarrow it is supposed to rain. You've done well so far with your weightloss how do you like the program and I don't think I will continue with the carb craver menu I am not finding any success with it.
Have a great day
Diane
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:21 PM   #47  

Hi Diane and all the new comers!!!

It's good to see the board so active.
Diane, I have been working myself sick, literally, but I feel a lot better now, still on meds from the doctor. Anyway, I am writing today because I will have to leave the board for a while. I got a new job!!!! I am so happy!!!!
Anyway, next week is my last week and they have me scheduled for meetings most of the week. It's been real hard here and I am so glad to go. I will be on vacation for a week and my plans are to go to Denver CO to visit a friend, what a great time I know we are going to have. When I get back, I will be preparing myself for the new job. So it may be a month or so before I come back. I will need to get settle and see how things are there before surfing.
I will try to write next week before leaving, just to say bye!
Have a great weekend ladies.
Kimbova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:59 PM   #48  

Kimbo - Congrats on your new job. Will you be doing any skiing in Colorado? Enjoy your time off.

No gain or loss this week. Doing good with the water and workouts, but I think I need to work on the portion sizes. If the weight does not come off in the next couple of weeks, I am going to have to go to a more structured plan. Doing it own your own is too easy to slip.

Happy Weekend!

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 01:02 PM   #49  

Hi Kimbo:
Congrats on the job and have a great vacation, it must be such a relief.
Melinda I did not have much of a lose either, but the workouts and water have been great for me also.
Diane
Old 03-10-2004, 08:07 AM   #50  

Hi Diane and everyone!

Thanks for the congrats on the new job! I am so excited, I have been cheesing all over the place. Trying not to look like I am really ready to go, but I am. It has been a challenge here but I am truly looking forwarded to the new adventure. My new employer has me training on Friday for 3 hours, this is my last day here but what can I do? I will go and then come back for a few hours before leaving for good.

Anyway, I leave on Saturday to Denver and no I do not plan on skiiing. I need to come back without any broken bones. Not a good way to start a new job. I am just hoping that I can go and hopefully not get snowed in while I am there!! It would be nice but I've never skied before so I do not want to chance it now. Maybe another time.

LAWL wise, not good right now with all that's going on. Hopefully, when I come back or even next week will be a different story. I have got to get focused. Anyway, I look forward to seeing an active board when I get back .

Where is Tab I was sure I would see her writing by now. Oh well, maybe she's really busy. Anyway, ladies, I will try to write on Friday since that will be my last time for at least 2 or possibly 3 weeks.

Take care and let's try to stay focus, sunny weather is fast approaching us!!! .
Kimbova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #51  

Kimbo:
Have a nice trip and I will try to keep things going while you are gone. I think you will do just great when you get back into your plan. You sound SO excited.
Tab has not been by for a while I hope she is doing well.
I myself am trying to stay motivated beating myself up lately but I am working through it.
Melinda I hope you are having a good week.
Diane
Old 03-12-2004, 07:59 PM   #52  

hi all:
I am new to the LAWL system and to posting on message boards. I have a few of the most recent LAWL and Friends threads. You all seem really nice. I just started on Monday (5 days ago) following the red plan. As of this morning I had lost 5 pounds. I was pretty excited. I just hope to last on the plan longer than my typical 6 weeks at anything.
R. Ann
rann91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:03 PM   #53  

Wink Don't know if I want to try LAWL again

Hi! I'm new to you all. I'm debating if I want to go back to LAWL again. I've quit twice. The last time a couple of years ago when I had a hysterectomy.
I've got over 100 lbs to lose! I lost fairly well on the program when I stuck with it.

How has the program changed? When I did it, you had the first 3 days were the Express weight loss then you took off on the plan with the LA lites x2/day. I see the commercials for the carb cravers.

I am so burnt out on Weight Watchers and everything else! I just keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm 42y/o with a family and I work full time.

I'm just not sure which direction to go, but LAWL seems the best direction for now. I'm just praying about it! Thanks!
Janie61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 05:09 PM   #54  

Welcome, Jani and Rann.

I am Melinda and a stay at home mom for my 6 month old son. I was on LA pre-pregnancy and I still have about 8 weeks on hold until I finish nursing my son. Right now, I am using all the weight loss tools I have accumulated over the last 10 years and trying to make it work. I have been doing this for about a month, lost 4, same and then up 2. I have lost my preg weight, but need to lose about 40 more. My major problem is the eating. I exercise about 5-6 times a week. I would exercise to eat, but it has now caught up with me.

Rann91, Good luck with the new program.
Janie61, I am not sure of the new plans, but keep in tune as the other ladies are doing it. Best of luck with what you decide.

Melinda
Old 03-14-2004, 02:44 PM   #55  

I did it! I joined LAWL. I'm on Day 1 of Express. It's some major flushing going on here!
I'm excited about it. Once I made the decision it all fell into place!
Old 03-14-2004, 08:39 PM   #56  

Jani - Good luck with the first phase. Is that the juice?

Melinda
Old 03-15-2004, 11:53 AM   #57  

Hi Melinda,
Thanks! Yes it's the juice phase. It's not been bad. Today I go in to see how I've done. I start the bars tonight! YEAH!!!!!

When I did LAWL the last time, you were to do the 2 oranges/grapefruit instead of the juice. I like the juice better. Less mess!

Congratulations on your little one! Aren't they great! I have 3 kids. 22y/o DS, 8y/o DS, 12y/o DD.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:16 PM   #58  

I was pretty excited this morning. I have lost a total of 7 pounds. That is after faltering and eating two helpings of ice cream sunday night. So I had gained 3 pounds back Monday morning, but that gained weight plus one pound was gone this morning. I have been on track both yesterday and today. Before starting LAWL I had read Dr. Phil's book. So I use some of the tactics he mentioned to combat my hunger pangs. If I get hungry at work, i take a walk instead. I try to make my food up ahead of time and then only have one portion readily available for each meal. Things like that. It seems to be going well. Like many people I have tried just about every diet out there and the results from this program are the best I have ever had.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:37 PM   #59  

Wink

Almost 1 week down. I go this afternoon and weigh. I'm down 4lbs. I'm having problems with my food. Getting it all in. I'm on the red plan. Did you know that 6 oz of turkey is a LOT of turkey!!!!

Congratulations rann on your 7lbs. Keep up the good work!

Janie
Old 03-21-2004, 03:25 PM   #60  

I have a hard time eating 6 oz of turkey or chicken at once. Especially if I don't make it just right and it is the slightest bit dry. I am trying to come up with sauces to put on my chicken that is on plan. My husband is a little anxious and missing his beef. I try to explain we can have steak 2ce a week, but he doesn't always think this is enough. I put a little tomato sauce and a slice of cheese on the chicken one night and he said that it was better than just plain chicken all the time.