Old 03-21-2004, 06:11 PM   #61  

I make a BBQ sauce out of ketchup and diet coke. It's legal and it's good. I fixed a small turkey breast. I will shred my 6 oz turkey and mix it with some of the BBQ sauce. Add a little Mrs. Dash and it's really good, stuffed in a pita. If I haven't had my dairy for the day I'll put about an ounce of shredded sharp cheese (lowfat) on it. It's great comfort food for me!
Janie61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 10:42 PM   #62  

Janie- that sounds really good. I will have to try that. I have been going through the old LAWL threads for ideas. I see you were on the program 2 years ago. You must feel that it works or else you wouldn't be trying it again. I have tried everything in the past. It just seems like every year or so I would gain another 10-20 pounds. Now I have 70+ pounds to lose to even be considered within the top range of my ideal weight.

I try to make sure every other day I eat completely off the unlimited choices so that I have a cleansing day in between my limiteds. Especially if I ate something off program on a day... I try to work especially hard the next day to choose from the unlimited choices. I plan my menu a week at a time. That helps with my grocery bill as well. Most of the time I can stick with a eating plan for about 6 weeks and then one "cheat" leads to many more. Next thing I am completely out of control. IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN THAT WAY THIS TIME THOUGH!

Good Night!
rann91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:02 PM   #63  

Look at this!! I'm out of the loop for a week or so and all of a sudden this place is jammin! Welcome welcome Janie and R. Ann!

Sounds like you guys are off to a great start! So glad to have more people here

One thing I found that helps dress up the chicken (and really any meat) is a terriyake (SP?) marinade that I got from the LA Weight Loss cook book. If you don't have it, let me know, I'll post it, but it is really yummie, and only counts as one fat, and usually I don't even count it and it hasn't really seemed to make too much of a difference, but it sure livens up chicken about the time I'm not sure I can eat any more of it
Schana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 07:54 AM   #64  

Hello Ladies....

It has been a long while since I posted. I have just fallen off the wagon and got rolled over, over and over again. I have been on LAWL for 16 months. I have been on maintenace for the last several months and it is hard. I think it was easier trying to lose than it is trying to maintain. I actually quite going to LAWL...just got to darn depressed. So I finally went back and to my surprise I was only up a few pounds but that is not good for me mentally. So now i am trying to get back on track. When I was following the LAWL plan I was on the red plan. I still pretty much eat the red plan except that on maintenance you can have more food. I don't have a problem with food I have a problem with sweets. I cant control myself. And ever since halloween, the holidays, valentines day and now easter...I am dying. Way overboard on the sweets...got to find something to curb those cravings...I will pass on dinner just to have cookies or candy.

I am no longer going to go to LAWL. But I still plan to follow their way of eating. After a year I am pretty use to that way of eating. I made this decision due to the fact that I was out of weeks. And it will cost me $100 to buy 52 more weeks of maintenacne. And to be honest I think...*I think* I can do it on my own. They taught me the basic steps...now I just have to do it.

So the other night at Walmart I bought my own scale. And I plan to weigh myself in front of my husband (oh my)....that should hold me accountable weighing in front of him. We made a chart so I could write down my weightloss. And my goal starting as of yesterday March 22 is to lose 5lbs by April 22. I can do that. So with my husbands help and the help of you guys here I hope I can do this. I need all the support that I can get right now.

Kim....Congrats on the new job!! You worked sooooo hard for this. I am happy for you.

Diane...Yes...I am back...with a new attitude...took some time off...got things straight and now...I am going to do this....slow and steady.

Welcome to all the newcomers...I plan to go back and read the messages so I can get caught...I look forward to posting with everyone.....We can do this...I can't wait to get to know everyone.

Well everyone have a great day...and I promise I will be active on the boards again.
I am Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 05:40 PM   #65  

Hi all!
This link is a message board at yahoo groups that I go to for LAWL people.

http://health.*************.com/group...ssupportgroup/

It's a little busier there but still slow! I need other people than just the counselors (who are great) just because I like have somewhere to go and discuss others successes, trials and tribulations!

I will have to try the teriyaki sauce! I love to grill. Sounds like a good marinade! I have the cookbook so I'll have to look it up.

I try to stay with the unlimited stuff as much as possible! I'm not really good at planning my meals. I try to figure out what I'll eat and I'll buy for a week. I do plan for some kind of good beef at least once a week!
Janie61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:18 PM   #66  

Whew, this has been a rough year for me so far--two back to back auto accidents, lots of work travel, severe hot flashes, depression--the WORKS. It seems like I'll never progress beyond the Purple Plan. Just curious, do any of you have a professional digital scale (waist length type), and if so, where did you buy it and how much did you pay for it?
Choufleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:28 PM   #67  

Janie... I tried that ketchup and diet Coke BBQ sauce. It was excellent. I really liked it. Thank you so much.

I had a rough time yesterday and Sunday. There were doughnuts at work yesterday. All of my favorite kinds- cream filled. There were also Bagels with cream cheese. I at first chose the bagel over the doughnut, but later in the morning I gave into the doughnut as well. I just started right with the red plan, so now I am doing that 2 day juice thing today and tomorrow to undo all the damage that I did. I had ice cream on Sunday, too, that I have to "undo".

I did real well today. No problem staying on plan. I weigh in on Thursdays. I will see then how I did.

Tab- My sister is doing something similar. I don't think she is ready to follow the LA Plan, but she is checking in with me 3 times a week and reporting her weight. That way she is accountable for sticking to her diet and exercise program. So if you know the plan and have your husband watching over your shoulder for you... That should be successful. Sounds like a great idea to me.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:30 AM   #68  

Choufleur , I don't have the waist high one, but I do have a wonderful Tanita scale that I really like, and it seems to be right on with my professional one at my LAWL center. I got it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...goods&n=507846
Schana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:18 AM   #69  

I finished the juice thing yesterday. I lost 1 pound to undo all the damage of Sunday and Monday, but nothing more. From reading others posts- I guess it isn't unusual to not lose on the 2 days, but lose later. So I will hope for that. I started at 212 and I was hoping by the end of the month to be close 200. I am at 206- So I don't think that will happen, but 6 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks is pretty great. I have set more reasonable goals going forward though. I think my next goal after that is to be at 190 by 5/22 (My birthday). So right now I just want to get as close to 200 as I can within the next week.

I was wondering- is the 2 pounds a week really reasonable for goal setting in the long run? I don't want to set goals too high and spend alot of time fustrated, but I don't want to set my goal too low either. I want to stay motivated. (Any long term motivation tips would be helpful, too.)

Take Care!