Old 08-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I wonder if another thread might be better if there's going to be extended discussions of Bible study?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:48 PM   #182  
Intuitive Eater

Hi Julie

Actually, that might not be a bad idea. I have seen this happen before on another site where some feelings got hurt over this same type of situation and valuable members of the community left.

Personally, the discussions do not bother me. I just don't plan to participate in them. And, as I said earlier, we don't have any rules in here (at least not that I am aware of) ... BUT I also respect that not everybody is interested in a Biblical approach to weight loss, so I can understand where you are coming from. BUT I cannot speak for anyone else, so that's where I'll leave it, for others to decide what they wish to discuss in here.

In the meantime, for anybody interested there is already a dedicated thread where the Bible studies are being discussed. Here is the link: Diet Bible Study

Last edited by Blue Serenity; 08-20-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #183  

Son getting married today. Woohoooooooooo!!!!!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #184  

Have fun, Carol!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #185  
Intuitive Eater

Congratulations and enjoy the wedding Carol!
Old 08-22-2009, 01:23 AM   #186  

congratulations carol and have fun and enjoy... thanks for sharing. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #187  

Just a quick note. My DH has kidnapped me and is taking me to PEI. I'll tell you the whole story later when we get home in a week, Lord willing. It's a funny one.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #188  
Intuitive Eater

Hi everyone,
I'm still IEing. Scale has been pretty steady, which I'll consider pretty good for me. As soon as cooler weather moves in I think I'll be a bit more active by getting back out to take walks again. Summer humidity just kills it for me there! Otherwise not much else going on here.

See you when you get back Carol.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #189  
Intuitive Eater

I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel unwelcome here. This is exactly what I was afraid of.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #190  

Hi Blue. I know what you mean about the humidity. Ugh.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:25 AM   #191  

Blue Serenity,

I know you were probably not talking to me when you said...

Quote:
I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel unwelcome here. This is exactly what I was afraid of.
If it was me you were talking to because of this...

Quote:
Actually, that might not be a bad idea. I have seen this happen before on another site where some feelings got hurt over this same type of situation and valuable members of the community left.
I completely agree with you, in fact I was the one who mentioned I felt like I had hi-jacked this thread.

Quote:
It occurred to me that I have been talking a lot about other diets and this is the intuitive eating thread, whoops sorry
You have been nothing but sweet and kind to me...

Sometimes it's so hard to say what we want to on a thread, because you can't use any body language or facial expressions. You can't watch sombody face to see if what you are saying is being understood, or is hurting their feelings. Anyway... I just wanted to be sure you knew you hadn't hurt my feelings.

Love, Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everyone,

Carolr Congrats on the wedding and hope you and DH had a good time on you special time away.

Blue You didn't offend me either. I think the things said was to me not Kellie. However, it isn't a problem for me. In fact, I did find a place where those things can be shared.

I don't want Blue to feel bad about anything. So I decided to write and tell you that I'm in a transition time in my life and I've decided to leave the Intuitive Eating program to do something else. I'm going to be getting really busy in September and won't have time to be on all the threads I've been on. So I have to pick and choose carefully which ones I'll keep.

I've decided to continue to study Kellie's lessons along with the other plan that I'm doing on another website. I need that one as it is my support group following the same plan. And I want to keep my faith thread here on 3fc. Just don't have time for more than that. Since I'm leaving IE program, it is logical for me to give this thread up. I will miss y'all.

I leave hoping you all will continue to do well with your IE Journey.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:06 PM   #193  

I don't think anyone felt unwelcome either!

Patty, I wish you the best. I struggle too with trying to do too much and doing none if it well!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #194  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
Sometimes it's so hard to say what we want to on a thread, because you can't use any body language or facial expressions. You can't watch sombody face to see if what you are saying is being understood, or is hurting their feelings.
Yes, I agree, Kelli.

As far as who I was talking to, I was just trying to address the situation from a neutral place. Things stay pretty relaxed in the IE thread, and I had everybody's interest at heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
Blue You didn't offend me either. I think the things said was to me not Kellie. However, it isn't a problem for me. In fact, I did find a place where those things can be shared.

I don't want Blue to feel bad about anything. So I decided to write and tell you that I'm in a transition time in my life and I've decided to leave the Intuitive Eating program to do something else. I'm going to be getting really busy in September and won't have time to be on all the threads I've been on. So I have to pick and choose carefully which ones I'll keep.

I've decided to continue to study Kellie's lessons along with the other plan that I'm doing on another website. I need that one as it is my support group following the same plan. And I want to keep my faith thread here on 3fc. Just don't have time for more than that. Since I'm leaving IE program, it is logical for me to give this thread up. I will miss y'all.

I leave hoping you all will continue to do well with your IE Journey.
Trish, I wish you the best, you will be missed here! I'm sad to see you go, but I do understand. Check in with us from time to time!

Everybody, thanks for understanding. Sometimes I feel like I've put my foot in my mouth.

Well, back to business. Have a great one!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:22 AM   #195  

Just a note. Ate too much last night but now I really feel it when I do that which reminds me not to do it again. Sorry to see you go, Patty.