3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   The Step Diet - August (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/147818-step-diet-august.html)

marmi 08-18-2008 11:47 AM

Sassy: Tv's definitely help with the treadmill! When setting up my workout room, I wanted a small one like that too.. but even the used ones people wanted $50-$60.00 ( I couldn't believe that!) So I just bought one at Walmart. I think it was only like $110.00. It's got a built in DVD in it (so I saved the money of having to buy another DVD player. I've got mine mounted on the wall so I can watch it while I walk, or play workout DVD's in it. It's proved quite useful!

Spryng: Hubby didn't get the lawn mowed til it was time to get the kids bathed etc. so we didn't get to play volleyball. But he promised we would tonight. I'm excited! I love volleyball. I also talked to my aunt about playing tennis with me on weekends! I've never played, but it looks like fun.. and really great exercise!

spcdcider 08-18-2008 05:51 PM

I am glad everyone is getting their steps in. My book should be here tomorrow. I will be done my baseline by tomorow night. So right on time.
Kathy

spryng 08-18-2008 07:02 PM

Hello again! :)

well I'm at 5600 steps so far today.. only 1300 more to go, I'll probably do the treadmill for 10 min before bed tonight and call it good :) I've been averaging 700 steps per 5 min on the treadmill, been challenging myself at 3.5 mph and 4.0 just to get a little cardio in too :) my endurance has definitely increased in the past 4 weeks for sure! :) Like we went walking last night for an hr at powerwalking pace and I didn't even get tired or winded! that is progress! :)

Sassy, yeah I have my treadmill in my office, right in front of my desk so I have to look at it all day and I never forget to get on it several times a day :) I also have a tv in there that I listen to music on while I work and then I have a dvr in there that I will watch my favorite shows while I'm on the treadmill, usually in 5 min increments but I can get a whole show in before the end of the day, lol.. so I hope you can find something, 50 min on the treadmill is awesome though!

Misty, oh yes, tennis is fun! dh and I used to go all the time (prekids, lol) and it was great exercise, we still have all our stuff but I can count on one hand in the past 8 years how many times we've been since. I would love to take it up again :)

sp, hope your book comes soon! I still read a chapter or two of mine about once a week to keep me focused and on track. It's a very well written book :)

Ok, well I'm gonna stick a cartoon in for the kids and play some online games now :) chat with you all later!

Karen31 08-18-2008 08:44 PM

Hi Everyone. I thought that I would come here and see if I can get a kick in the pants! I did my average steps over the last seven days (not counting today) and average 10960. I usually walk on the treadmill or the Gazelle every day for at least an hour. But ever sicne the lightening hit my neighbors house I just can't seem to find my rhythm again! I didn't do the treadmill or the Gazelle Saturday, Sunday or tonight. It just seems for some reason I can't get back to it. I was hoping to add the 2,000 steps and just make it 13,000 but can't get motivated again....

marmi 08-19-2008 12:01 PM

Karen: Hang in there! :cheer:
I am having the same issue.. But finding other things to get my steps in is actually working quite nice. What type of job do you have? Since I work at a desk, I walk on my breaks. When i go to the store (like walmart) I've started parking in the very back, which is halarious.. cause I used to spend 30 min circling looking for one right next to the door! :D
Try adding in some of the other alternatives (like lifting weights) you can even do that while watching TV! My husband and I played bagmitton (sp?) and volleyball last night for an hour. I had tons of fun, and got an extra 1500 steps in!

Spryng: I'm really excited to start playing tennis! I am going to go get me a tennis racket Friday! Too bad I'm too chunky for one of those cute little tennis skirts! hheehheee!! :rofl:

Karen31 08-19-2008 12:28 PM

Hi Misty, Actually I don't work right now. My DH lost his job over a year ago and he is now close (5months) to retirement. I haven't worked here since we are trying to get this house sold and get moved back to MO. Trying to keep it in "Show & Sell" shape is a job in itself! I think I will try to get things done more in like 5 minute spurts at least until I can get over this BUMP! Thanks for the tips.
We did have a guy stop by yesterday to look at the house and seems very interested. He called this morning and wants to come back out today to talk to us. Keep your fingers crossed that this is the one!!

spryng 08-19-2008 06:04 PM

Evening all! :)

well I'm at 8200 steps today!!! I only needed 6900 so I'm excited! course I let myself eat a small lumch and breakfast and after lunch I got busy on a report and let myself get toooooo hungry so I ended up doing some bad snacking, chips and dip and cheesecake bites :( so hopefully the extra steps will help me out some this week. I'm gonna try harder tomorrow for sure.

Karen, yes trying to sell a house really is a full time job! we sold one a couple years ago and I swore I'd NEVER do that again! LOL!! the stress of viewings was too much! well with 4 kids it was hard to keep the house up for sure! I hope yours sells quick!

Misty, well you can buy a cute little skirt as a reminder of where you want to get :) a visual reminder ;o)

Well I'm baking bbq chicken for dinner. How is everyone doing with the 1/4 less food the book recommends?

CatR 08-19-2008 11:31 PM

Bummer on 13" TV's getting hard to find. I got mine about 4 years ago at Best Buy. It is the perfect size for my workout DVD's. I just hope I can find another when I need to replace it.

I am finding it hard to get back to my regular routine after my trip and am behind 8200 steps for this week. At least I have some time this month to make them up.

So Karen, I have experience in getting derailed. A change in routine can do that. Tomorrow is another chance to get back on the wagon. :D

Marmi: Starting a new activity is a great way to keep those steps coming.

Sassy: I have a Nordic Track and find it boring. I am going to have to get over my aversion to it if I am going to get my steps in this winter.

Spryng: I have a basic diet of about 1600 calories and don't want to drop below that. I have followed this eating pattern for several years and have menus pretty much worked out. I just plug them into my meal planner and tweak a bit with the amount of fruit and nuts I have, so it isn't a chore. I get into trouble with the "extras", which can show up a bit too frequently. I can drop weight when I am consistent with my food and keep those steps up. ;)

sassybiscuit 08-20-2008 08:31 AM

Hello ladies!
It’s my weigh-in day and once again, I came in at 193. I now need 13,500 per day. I have no idea why I am struggling. It’s still coming off, but so slowly and I feel like I am walking so much! Perhaps the last bit of August will seem more productive than the first… at least I hope so!

I got my WiiFit last night. I had a CRAZY night at work and didn’t leave until 1:30am (I get off at 9:30), so I didn’t get to goof around with it. DH got it set up and made himself a profile. He is 6’2” and weighs about 200 pounds, which the WiiFit classifies as overweight… DH is now on a mission to not be overweight. I have to laugh at him because he pays attention to his weight, but he’s worse than me when it comes to someone saying “overweight”… I guess I’ve just gotten de-sensitized to it by now.

I need to get better about using the 75% rule. Right now, I drink a Slim Fast shake for breakfast and then I eat a Smart Ones for lunch. I usually have a snack before and after lunch. Lately my snack has been nectarines, I just can’t get enough! I eat dinner every night, which is the only meal I feel like I could give up 25%. Giving up 25% of a Smart Ones seems a bit over-the-top to me. LOL!

Spcdcider – Did you get your book? How are you doing?

Spryng - You sound like you are doing awesome! You cracked me up with the skirt comment. I bet lots of people do that. I have a size 8 HOT tan leather pants that I LOVE and want to fit into again. They are my motivation. They look SO good with black heeled boots, a black turtleneck sweater and a funky belt. I don’t think I’ll make it this winter, but perhaps next year I’ll be strutting around in my leather pants again. They are SO cute!

Karen31 – I agree with Marmi! Hang in there! You’ll get back on track. You have a lot going on if you are trying to sell a house. Take care (and a walk)! :hug:

CatR – You have been doing so much lately! It’s easy to get derailed sometimes, I’ve been there too. We have a small trip planned this weekend and I am actually considering NOT going because I don’t want to goof up. I’m going to have to figure something out for the winter, the WiiFit may help. I think I need a TV.

Have a great day ladies!

spcdcider 08-20-2008 10:01 AM

Sassybisquit, we returned from a few days away and it is here. I read some last night and will get to it in a few minutes. I am excited. My average looks like it is 9800 per week. So I add 2000 steps starting today.
I will be on the treadmill soon. I am enjoying Jillians 30 day shred and we have a Wii fit also. It is so fun.
Good luck Karen with selling the house.

marmi 08-20-2008 02:33 PM

I'm gonna have to check into those WiiFit's now.. I've been hearing alot about them! I'm always up for new ideas.. I tend to get bored really easy..
we bought our tennis rackets yesterday (my hubby even bought one to play with me!)

I have been eating less, and am doing ok with it. I agree with Sassy though, I also eat those smart ones (and also the lean cuisines) and those are tiny anyway.. LOL.. I haven't been depriving myself of a taste here and there if I want something-but I have been very conscious of what I'm eating and drinking.

spryng 08-20-2008 05:03 PM

Hello all! :)

well today I'm feeling so lazy! overslept this morning which had me scrambling to get the kids to school and daycare and just through my whole day off, I've only done 10 min on the treadmill so far, good thing I got in almost 10,000 steps yesterday so I can go under today if I want to, lol..

Misty, I'm with you, I get bored easily too. I'm thinking about getting the new Firm program. With the new fanny lifter ect, I had the old one and it was a good workout but over the years I've lost discs and the fanny lifter too, lol

Cider, wow! you are a mover if your average is that high! Enjoy reading the book! :)

Sassy, I hear you on the weightloss! congrats on it though! yeah I feel like I'm moving more than I ever have in my life and my weightloss is stalling out or something, lol.. but then I'm hungrier than before and have more cravings lately too so maybe that is the real stall, lol..that is funny about your dh and the wii fit, lol! let us know how you like it! and what kinds of workout it has on it :)

Cat have you tried looking online for a 13" tv? I hope you find something soon! :)

Well tonight we are doing leftovers for dinner so that makes it easy on me, lol.. what is everyone else having?

Hillarie 08-20-2008 06:04 PM

Hey Everyone, Sorry I've been MIA! Super Busy week at work with the state fair in town Thank God it's over!!!! Ok so I've been getting my steps in. Yippee! If I didn't it was because I was off and had plenty in reserve for the week. I think that since I really haven;t done anything extra his last week that I'm going to rework my baseline. I'm getting lots of steps in and it's not a challenge so I'm not having to do anything extra yet. So here goes. 91618steps for the last 7 days! 13088 steps a day average that's equal to 5.16 miles a day. So say I set my starting goal at 95000 steps a week, that would make me have to do a little something extra to make sure that I accomplish it right? Am I completely crazy. I just think that my original baseline was probably too low. Help me out please. Yes I know it's an ungodly amount of steps a day. I'm on my feet for 9 hours at work daily and that's not counting 2 kids a husband and life in general. Does this really make sense to anyone? I know I'm crazy but I need more of a challenge I guess. Thanks!

marmi 08-21-2008 02:32 PM

Hillarie: Wow! (13088 steps a day average that's equal to 5.16 miles a day) that is a lot of steps! I guess my desk job has me way under most people.. (hince, that might be a good factor in why i'm overweight right now LOL)

spryng 08-22-2008 04:32 PM

Afternoon all!

the thread has been a little quiet :)

Misty, you are right, I think us having jobs where we are chained to our desks all day did contribute to our weight problems but at least we are learning new ways to get those steps in now despite it all! :)

Hillarie, yeah I can see how a state fair would get your steps in for sure! welcome back!

Well tomorrow we are planning a trip to the zoo.. hopefully... so that should equal tons of steps I hope, lol
today I didn't get any extra steps on the treadmill, just didn't feel like it, lol.. bad I know but I'm hoping tonight (I am having a girls night out) will help and then of course the zoo tomorrow.