3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   The Step Diet - August (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/147818-step-diet-august.html)

sassybiscuit 08-09-2008 01:19 PM

Spryng - That's a great idea. I have some dumbbells at home. I'll look through the book and see what I can come up with. I wish I would've brought the dumbbells to work though I think that a coworker has some at her desk. Thank you so much! That's great that you are keeping up with your steps and seeing your tummy get smaller... that might be the coolest thing! I can't wait for my tummy to get smaller. DH says that it has, but I don't see it yet.

:carrot:

marmi 08-09-2008 08:36 PM

Hello everyone! I thought today was going to be a lazy day.. but I ended up taking my daughter out of town to buy her birthday party stuff. It's only 7:34 and I'm already at 6880 steps! WHOO HOO!! :running:

CatR 08-09-2008 09:28 PM

Sassy: I think it is sensible to adjust goals for injuries or sickness. It doesn't make sense to plan on making up steps later after down times. A person could risk re-injury or wear herself out after an illness when it can take a while for to regain energy. 7000 could be a reasonable goal (or even less if rest might be helpful in resolving your problem), but maybe give some thought about not pushing it to 10,000 for a while.

Spryng: :carrot: for your diminished tummy.

Misty: Shopping can be a surprisingly good way to get in a lot of steps. :D One of my highest step totals came on a day when I did a super WalMart and Costco on the same day.

spryng 08-09-2008 09:38 PM

Evening all!
ok so I'm about 1000 steps from goal.. just got back from walmart too but not at goal yet, lol..
Cat how is your weekend going?
Marmi, that is awesome! I bet you can't wait until monday and you add 2000 steps to your average! :)

well my sil offered to take the kids tomorrow so dh and I could go see a movie.. should be fun! we'll see if she goes through with it! LOL!!

marmi 08-10-2008 11:04 AM

I know! I'm antsy. I ended up averaging 4,000 a day (rounded up) I didn't realize working a desk job can have such an impact on my moving! Anyway, I averaged it out.. and each day I'm going to shoot for 4,286 a day as a MINIMUM goal. Yesterday I ended up getting in 7,277! :cp:
My 3 year old daughter loves it, if I can't get on my treadmill downstairs I just do some laps around the upstairs.. and I give her a piggy back ride for extra weight! LOL! So she's always telling me now "come on mom! Let's exercise!"

Spryng: :bravo: on the tummy loss! We're headed for bikinis next year for sure! :celebrate:

spryng 08-10-2008 11:54 AM

Morning all!

well I think I'll get in some good walking today. SIL is going back on her babysitting deal, she's good at that, so we decided to just take the family to home depot. Lots of walking in there for sure :) We are gonna do some home remodeling very soon so I'm gonna see what's out there and get an idea on prices. We are doing hardwood floors in the living and dining rooms, tile the kitchen floor.. maybe hardwood floors in the master bedroom. Right now we have a 1/2 bath in there so we are gonna make it a full fledged master bath too, I'm soooo excited! we are finishing a room downstairs to be a the boys big bedroom and the girls can go upstairs and have more space and room away from the boys :) just lots of fun projects ahead and I can't wait to start! :)
so anyway, I should get some good steps in for today for sure! How is everyone's weekend going?

marmi, so tomorrow you will be at 6000 steps or so (first week of adding in 2000 steps to your average) I can't wait! then we can take our breaks together to hit the treadmills!! did you get yours unfolded and ready to go?

Karen31 08-10-2008 04:12 PM

Hi! I'm still around and waiting for my book to get here. I thought I would have had it yesterday---Hopefully tomorrow!

marmi 08-10-2008 04:43 PM

Spryng- Oh, am I suppose to add 2,000 each day? I thought it was 2,000 over the week average.
Absolutely! I'm working on that today. I cleaned all day (got 4117 steps in) Yay!

spryng 08-10-2008 09:36 PM

yep 2000 a day and then you'll add 500 a day for the following 12 weeks :) so if your average is 4000 this week, come tomorrow you'll be doing 6000 steps a day for a week, and then next monday you'll do 6500 steps for a week and so on :)

well my day was a succes! Didn't get one bite fishing but got in lots of steps. I'm over my goal for the entire week so yay!

Karen I hope your book is here tomorrow too! I know I really enjoyed reading it. When I ordered off of amazon it took about a 1 1/2 weeks to get it and that felt like a VERY long wait, lol..

Well, gonna have a late dinner, we just got home. Talk with you all tomorrow!

CatR 08-10-2008 10:09 PM

Well Spryng, I spent a lot of this weekend getting ready for a trip to Crater Lake tomorrow. We will be back Friday, so I won't be checking in until then. I will continue counting steps though. :D

Happy stepping everyone.

Hillarie 08-10-2008 10:54 PM

Sorry I was AWOL guys. I became an aunt again Thursday afternoon and then had a 3 day week end and wouldn't you know I didn't put on my pedometer! I was really active though all weekend so I don't feel bad about it just p.o'ed cause I don't know my step count. I'll try to check in on a more regular basis I was just not around this weekend. Keep up the good work everyone.
Tomorrow I'll start my first increase week. So here we go!

Hillarie 08-10-2008 11:23 PM

How long has Everyone been stepping?

Hey everyone, It's just me again with a quick question. How long has everyone been stepping and how has your progress been so far? I'm so excited to actually start stepping toward a goal in the morning. I'm trying to find the best way to log them and track them the easiest for me still but so far I just write everything n a notebook and try to keep it organized and leave little spaces in between in case I need to add a note to myself later. It's getting hard to follow. go figure! Thanks for any advice. every step counts!

sassybiscuit 08-11-2008 08:52 AM

Hello all! Sorry I've been away, kinda bummed. I think that I am finally coming out of my minor set-back. I adjusted 3 days worth of steps to 5000 per day (which is low for me) to give my leg a rest and it feels much better today. So... I'm going to try to get my 12,500 today. We'll see! Perhaps it's a lofty goal, but I think that I can do it.

Marmi - Good job with all your steps! Yeah, I thought that the first week that I added 2000 was rough, but it made it challenging and I succeeded. I was actually kind of amazed. :) That's cute you give your DH piggy-back rides! That's got to be good exercise!

CatR - I took your advice and it helped. I just laid back and figured "theses days are out", now I'm just gonna try to get back up to speed. I adjusted my required steps so that I don't feel like the rest of the month is a bust. Have fun at Crater Lake!

Spryng - Your getting all kinds of steps. It sounds like you are doing really well!

Karen31 - I can't remember, are you taking a baseline or waiting on the pedometer with the book? I hope it gets here today!

Hallarie - Congrats on being an aunt again! Do you add your 2000 today? I started my baseline week on June 18th, so I've been doing this for about 8 weeks. I started this at 204 pounds and now weight 193, so weight loss of about 1.4 pounds a week. This week has been rough and I haven't weighed because I was already bummed, so that should probably be figured on 7 weeks instead of 8. I found the easiest way to track my steps and goals was in Excel. I just made a simple spreadsheet (which has now gotten fairly confusing because I keep adding stuff), print it out and fill in the blanks. Then I put it all in the computer. It makes it easy to figure everything. I keep a copy of it on my blog if you want to copy it. Otherwise, graph paper might help.

Have a great rest of the week... you all have kept me going through my minor "dip". Thanks!

:carrot:

spryng 08-11-2008 09:13 AM

Morning all! :)

well I'm off work today, got a dr appt at noon and dh is in until then to so we are gonna run some errands this morning. Today I add another 500 steps to my goal so I'm up to 6400 a day now.. probably will have to hit the treadmill to get them all in but that is ok :) I'm soooooo happy with this plan I could cry. It's what I've needed for years!

Sassy, so sorry your leg got you down. But you have been doing so well and I'm sure you will get your steps back up there again :) just don't over do it :)

Hillarie, congrats on the new family member! oh I just love babies! This is week 4 for me on this plan and what I did was print out several months of a calendar from Word and on monday's I wrote what my goals will be for that week, like this week I'm at 6400 steps etc, on sunday nights I add up all my steps and make sure I hit my weekly goal etc, friday's are my wi's so I put that in there, but I keep it on my desk while I work and its very motivating. I see it all day while I work and before bed I update it with my numbers for that day, so that's how I've been keeping track and logging. :) But I don't have very much weight to lose so I'm losing slowly, I've lost 1.2 lbs the past 3 weeks combined. But it's been consistant for sure :) so I'm VERY happy with it.

Cat you are probably already gone but have fun on your trip!!!

Well I think I'll get off here and finish my coffee and start getting around. Yak with ya later! :)

spryng 08-11-2008 09:17 AM

btw, I updated my ticker now so it's accurate again :)