3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   The Step Diet - August (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/147818-step-diet-august.html)

sassybiscuit 07-31-2008 08:53 AM

The Step Diet - August

Hello ladies! Here is our August thread! Set your goals and get ready! :carrot:

sassybiscuit 08-01-2008 09:34 AM

Yeah! I'm up and ready for August! July went well, I hope this goes better. I based my steps on the Step Diet plan, so 403,000 it is. Seems to me that there isn't a whole lot of room for error.

Have fun!

CatR 08-01-2008 11:56 PM

I'm ready for another month of stepping.

We've been getting smoke from the Yosemite fire, but this morning was gloriously clear for my walk. What a wonderful break. Smoke still comes in from other California fires with a West wind, but conditions seem to be slowly improving.

sassybiscuit 08-02-2008 12:22 AM

Whew! I needed 12,000 steps today and I got 12,002 on my pedometer when I took it off!

CatR 08-02-2008 10:43 AM

Hey! This stepping is pay off. Weighed 132.6 this morning. :carrot: Sunday is my official weigh-in day, so I may be finally changing my ticker.

Sassy: Nailing your steps like that is funny. Well, now you have 2 steps to bank. :D

sassybiscuit 08-02-2008 01:29 PM

WHOOT! I can't wait to change my ticker either!

spryng 08-03-2008 09:24 AM

Morning all!
sorry I haven't been on, been swamped:)
but friday was my weigh in and I'm officially down .6 for the week which is better than nothing. I came up short yesterday on my steps so today I plan on doing some extras :) then tomorrow I get to add another 500 a day :)
Cat congrats on your weightloss!!!!! that is awesome!

sassybiscuit 08-03-2008 01:45 PM

WOOT! WOOT!

I have been stuck at 196 for 2.5 weeks! YUK! I was getting discouraged. Today, I got on the scale and it REALLY READ 194! OMG! OMG! OMG!

YEAH! I'm through the "stall". Can you tell I'm excited?! We are doing SO good!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

CatR 08-03-2008 05:31 PM

My weight bounced up to 133.2 this morning, but I am down .8 pound since last Sunday. I am happy to have a new low with the 132.6, which means things are moving in the right direction. Maybe next Sunday will be ticker-changing time.

:cheer2: We all are doing good, that's for sure. :cheer3:

spryng 08-04-2008 04:36 PM

Hello ladies! :)
Sassy that is awesome you broke your stall! those are very discouraging for sure! And yes we are all doing so well OP! :)
Cat I would jusy clm the 132.6 and throw that other number out :) you probably just had too much salt or something anyway :) I can't wait to see 132!!! seems so far away!

well I went to the dr today (annual, yuk) and I must say I HATE hospital scales! you are fully clothed with shoes and it just depresses me! it was 5 lbs heavier than I normally am and that was awful to see, lol.. but I know what my true weight is so I'm just trying to focus on that :) Well I did 35 min on the treadmill and I'm already at goal for today for steps. I'm trying to get extra in each day so I can take it easier on the weekends. I don't seem to move as much on the weekends, do you? my husband is home on the weekends and it's usually grill time and movie nights so we don't move much. So anyway, this weekend I didn't hit my goal either day so I'm taking control of it this week by moving extra during the week so the weekends I can just hit my average daily steps and not stress about it :) Also, I found myself walking in place this morning while putting on my makeup and fixing my hair!!! nice way to squeeze in some extra steps (I did stand still for the application of mascara though, didn't want to take an eye out, lol!) what little ways do you sneak a few steps in?

CatR 08-04-2008 09:45 PM

I weighed 133 this morning, so changed my weight ticker. Why wait until next Sunday?

I work out Monday through Saturday as does DH. So it isn't that hard getting in my steps 6 days a week. I am going back to having Sunday as a rest day and will be making up the steps on the other days. I will see how this works. I think it would be hard for me to make up steps for 2 rest days.

Ultimately it will come down what works for you in terms of activity level and food intake for losing the weight and maintaining your goal weight without undue stress.

Right now, I'll take an extra walk after dinner if I need a few steps. It is really pretty here just before sunset. :)

5# more on the doctor's scale seems to be standard. I do drop my purse, but don't bother taking off my Birkenstocks anymore to get a lower weight. Nurses used to make comments about my weight and I weighed 3 or 4 pounds less than I do now. At least they don't do that now. I used to dread the weigh-in.

amyx33 08-05-2008 06:29 PM

hey all! havent been on for a while been on vacation with family and before tht js been busy with getting ready for school, i havnt been doing my steping. i kno.. horrible but i am about to start again. so :) i promise i will do it haha.

spryng 08-05-2008 08:58 PM

Evening all! :) so I'm at 6088 steps right now, well over my goal and I'm feeling great!! this week is going smoothly :)
Welcome back Amy! Yep hook that pedometer back on and you'll be back in the groove in no time! :)
Cat, yeah I may still have to walk more on the weekends too but hopefully no more than 10-15 min a day extra :) But we'll see how this week goes :)

well gals I'm off to bed, got another early start tomorrow. Have a great evening!

CatR 08-05-2008 10:01 PM

:wave: Hi again Amyx. It was nice you could get some vacation time in before school starts.

Spryng--Now you have some extra steps to make up for your lazy weekend. :D

I'm feeling better too after July. I was getting flaky with my exercise because of the heavy smoke in our area from the California fires. Somehow, I managed to get the steps in. I would probably weigh 136 now had I not gotten back on track. This thread has been a big help. (My husband rarely misses a workout, so that helps too). The air has been clear for several days now thank goodness.

Hillarie 08-05-2008 11:23 PM

OK everyone, Hello I am new here again. But let me tell you how so truly excited I am to have stumbled upon your forum. I had no idea that something like this existed. THE STEP DIET hello that screams my name. I love to walk and just today started wearing my pedometer again and decided that I was going to track my steps and try to lose this weight once again. I had no idea that you all were out here. I do not have the book plan on looking for it tomorrow but can someone please give me the info I need to truly get started now. I used to track calories and steps and try not to eat any more calories then what I walked off but that really wasn't the best plan because if I had a bad day and didn't get my walk in then basically I wouldn't eat. Not good for weight loss. I am so EXCITED. I feel like I can actually do this and make it work for me. I was struggling the last few days with trying to find something that excited me. This is so it!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE share with me what I need to do for setting step goals. Are they weekly daily monthly? oh please someone help me start now? thanks guys I am so looking forward to being here a lot. I feel like I might actually fit in here. I could cry I might actually belong and have a chance at loving and liking myself again! THANK YOU!!!!!1