3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   The Step Diet - August (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/147818-step-diet-august.html)

Karen31 08-14-2008 07:00 PM

Hi Everyone! YAY!!! I got my book today!! I haven't even opened it yet though. We had gone to the store for groceries and then picked up the mail. So I know if I start reading it now I won't get supper made, dishes done and my 60 minutes on the Gazelle! So will try to get all that done then sit back and start reading it! I'm so excited now!!!

Hillarie 08-14-2008 07:47 PM

Hey everyone. Happy Thursday to you all! My pedometer is an Omron about three inched long rectangular. I've seen the rounded ones but can't seem to convince myself to try it. I haven't had any reason to doubt mine I walk a mile and it says a mile. Todays total so far is 16510 plus 3/4 mile on the treadmill that it won't register so that equals about 1902 steps approx. so together it's 18412. Yea! We also went to the gym and did some upper and lower body weight training so It's been a pretty good day I guess. It's rained off and on all day and the weather has gotten a little chilly for being mid August. I guess if I can't figure out how to get it to register on the treadmill I can always calculate it in. If I walk a mile it says 2536 steps so I'll just do math I guess.
On a family note my son Aaron is starting preschool next week and we still have to go school supply shopping. I think that if I keep putting it off it won't really be time for him to start school already. He's super excited though so I think that makes it a little harder. Oh well at least I still have little Madison to baby for a little while longer. thanks for listening. No weight loss to report yet either :(

spryng 08-14-2008 08:47 PM

evening all! :)

well today has been quite productive..already have in 7800 steps and I'm going to bed in about 15 min so I won't get much more but that is WAY over my goal! I took tomorrow off to go shopping with a friend so I know I'll get tons of steps at the mall and other stores we plan on going to :) I'm so excited!

Karen I'm soooo glad your book arrived! Enjoy reading it :)

Hillarie, sounds like you have a great ped. Don't have any idea why it won't log your treadmill steps, weird. But seems like you got the math all figured out and boy were you productive today!!! :)

Well I'm off to get the kids in bed, have a great evening!

marmi 08-14-2008 11:18 PM

Well, the end of the day is nearing.. and i'm only about 50 under goal. Which is pretty good for getting no treadmill in today.Running after my son all day was apparently enough! He's feeling a little better, so I'll be back at work tomorrow. Although I won't have my exercise buddy.. Spryng.. but have fun shopping! I always get tons of steps in when shopping. I even park at the farthest space now to get extra steps in to and from the car. :running:

Karen: Glad you finally recieved your book! Sure took a while hu?! :book2:

Hillarie:My daughter is getting ready to start preschool too! It's such a milestone.. makes me sad but excited all at the same time. But I try to think, and so should you, with them starting their own little lives.. it gives you a little more time for 'me time'.. which every mom deserves! :beach:

sassybiscuit 08-15-2008 08:20 AM

Hi ladies! It seems like so much has been going on since I was last on here! I struggled to get my steps on Wednesday, but I got them yesterday. Man, my legs hurt, so something must be working!

I’m off work today and feel like I really needed it. Thank goodness this transition week is over! I work 4 10-hour days, which is cool, but when they are stressed filled… I just get so exhausted! I work at a crisis center for children and adolescents. We have children that have been removed by CPS come in, runaways, kids that were never picked up from school, the children that are left in cars… the list goes on and on. We even have parents come in and try to “give” us their children. Those parents just need help and support! Plus, we don’t accept donated children. (sorry, but lol) Sometimes we are slow (like yesterday) and other times we are crazy busy! It is mentally exhausting work, especially those teenagers! WHEW! That doesn't even start to cover the intense feelings I have when I see abused or neglected children. It's hard to "wash" those terrible scenes in my brain! I only had Sunday off due to my transition to program supervisor, so those days REALLY ran together.

My son started 2nd grade on Monday. I’m going to go have lunch with him today and he sounded so excited! I can't wait.

Sorry, I'll stop rambling on and on now. :)

Marmi – You’re so funny. I got on the treadmill every hour on my days off too. It makes it seem less daunting. I may even do that today! You’re down 3 pounds?! CONGRATS! I know that feels good. Are you in school for something? You have a little one starting preschool too?! WOW!

Spryng – Marching in place cracks me up, I’ve done that too. It’s nice to hear people doing the same “silly” things. My DH occasionally thinks I’m nuts over the step thing. I’ve never had a problem with my pedometer tracking on the treadmill either.

Spcdcider – I know the work day thing. It’s hard for me to figure out how long I should be on the treadmill on the days that I am off. I usually go WAY over. It’s on accident, but hey… whatever works!
Karen31 – I am so glad you got your book! Enjoy!

Hillarie – I can NOT believe the number of steps that you get…. You absolutely amaze me. Have fun with the preschool thing! Those are some of the best times… the kids just get so excited! I have no idea why your pedometer isn’t accurate on the treadmill. That seems so strange to me.

marmi 08-15-2008 02:32 PM

Sassy: Yep, I am in college working on my bachelors. My days are so packed, walking 5 min on the hours is about the only way I can get it in! LOL. I work fulltime, then go to school.. and I have a 3 year old girl (Kaleigh) and a 10 month old boy (Kaiden).. well, if you count my husband I think I can say I have 3 kids.. HAHAHA! :rofl:
yes, 3 pounds makes me feel great! I'm so excited! This is the first thing I've done after having my son where I've actually been able to lose weight without some crazy meal plan that ends up failing. I'm trying to be patient though.. I gained like 50lbs with my pregnancy.. and it seems to be coming off really slow. But I've convinced myself slow is steady and steady means better chances of it staying off.

spryng 08-15-2008 08:26 PM

Evening all!

ok had my FIRST 10,000 step day!!! shopping for HOURS will do that for you, lol.. my legs are sore, my shoulders hurt, lol.. good thing I can't afford to do this often, lol But I weighed this morning and I didn't lose anything this week :( hopfully next week I'll see a loss.
But I got a nintendo DS today and a game called My Weightloss Coach and it's really neat, it's all about stepping, even comes with a nifty pedometer that you simply plug into the DS at the end of the day and it logs your steps and gives you new goals and challenges etc, it's neat! Like it gave me a 1 min challenge to hold my arms out and rotate them for 1 min, I liked it, lol... so anyway, just more things to keep me moving :)

Misty, yep slow and steady wins the race! LOL!! I am learning the hard way too after 10 years of yo yo dieting and wanting instant weightloss :)

Sassy, I'm glad you got a day off! I was off today too and boy I needed it too, I'm off monday too, yay! I'll probably nap, lol

Well gonna play with my new "toy" now,lol.. yak with ya soon :)

sassybiscuit 08-15-2008 10:11 PM

Marmi - My thoughts are with you. I just graduated in May 08 after spending 6 years in school, and working and having a family. Oh boy, talk about stress. I did come out with my Master's though! There are times I wonder how I pulled it off. Good supportive people around me is my best guess. Good for you! I know that it's tough, but well worth it! I also count my husband as a child... :dizzy: LOL! It's so hard to wait for the weight loss. I'm kinda bummed that I have only lost a pound this month, though I attribute that to the knee thing and I haven't gained. I'll just keep stepping! You're doing great! Take the kids for a walk or something.

Spryng - Congrats on your first 10,000! That's a huge number! Get to playing with your new toy and let me know about it. I have a DS, I usually only play Sudoku though. :p

spryng 08-16-2008 09:43 PM

Evening all! :)

Sassy, I'm only down 1.2 lbs in the past 4 weeks myself so I know what you mean, but you know what? I haven't gained anything and that makes me just as happy lately! :) Yeah I've been playing with my DS, can't wait to put my numbers in before bed. But I stopped using their pedometer.. you can manually put your steps in there and I LOVE my ped and I can wear it on my bra without anyone knowing and the one that came with the My Weightloss Coach is really big and bulky and it just wasn't comfortable anywhere so I went back to mine this morning :) but the program is neat and a great idea for people like us :) I'm debating on the Wii fit, anyone have one of those? We were at best buy today and they were literally flying off the shelves! So there must be something to it, lol.. I'm gonna get some feedback before I get one I think, but I love things that encourage weight loss and if you can make it fun and into a game it's even more appealing since I've always been a hater of exercise, lol.. hence why my average steps was so low, hehe ;)

ok well, it's late and I'm gonna go relax.. got a bbq at my cousin's house tomorrow which will be fun but I'm worn out! so glad I'm off monday, the whole house will be to myself, lol..yak with you all later!

Karen31 08-16-2008 10:53 PM

Hello everyone. I'm getting ready to go over to the accountability thread but I didn't get my walk in on the treadmill or the Gazelle. My neighbors house was struck by lightening this morning and I've been helping her with her animals. Everybody is fine. Her house does have some damage to it but they are able to stay there. No TV or phone but still very thankful. I made them dinner tonight and also just had to make homemade Brownies (comfort food you know) But I sent over half them back home with them. At least DH gets a little treat now. Anyway, back on track tomorrow!! Have a great night!

CatR 08-17-2008 03:07 PM

:wave: Hi, spcdcider. I am glad you found us. We are getting quite a stepping community. :D

Crater Lake was beautiful (of course). This was our first visit and we timed it perfectly for the wildflowers. There were massive quantities everywhere. There were also a lot of butterflies, I suppose because there was so much food for them. I looked for meteors from the Perseid shower early Tuesday morning, but only saw a small one. There were too many trees at the campground to get of good view of the sky. We took enough hikes, so it wasn't a problem getting in the steps.

I spent all yesterday at a sewing expo which was a lot of fun. I found a few "tools" that I had to have. At least this only comes once a year. LOL.

Today, I am recovering from a wonderful week.

Good to hear that everyone is doing so well. :carrot:

marmi 08-17-2008 07:00 PM

Sassy: Yes, stress pretty much says it all. LOL. On top of that, this week, I've missed two days of getting my goal in. After my son was sick with the flu, I got it too. I still don't feel completely back to normal. I was able to get the house cleaned today.. but no extra treadmill. So starting Monday I'm just gonna have to give myself a good kick in the butt to get moving! Yes, my husband and I have started taking the kids on walks. It's nice that it's getting a little cooler now too. The kids just love it! He's mowing now (while I'm doing my report for school) then we're gonna set up the volleyball net and play some volleyball!

Spryng: WOW! That sounds so neat!! I've seen those yoga games for the Wii, and they look really neat. I have to find different stuff too, or I get bored. I hate exercising.. LOL.. I DVR'd a 'Hip Hop Abs' the other day.. a dance video, it looks really fun!

Karen: I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbors! That is a scary ordeal!

Cat: That sounds so nice! I'd love to do something like that some time! I bet you got lots of steps in! Hiking is pretty intense!

sassybiscuit 08-17-2008 07:52 PM

Spryng – I think it’s harder to lose weight the smaller a person gets. I am also thankful that I haven’t gained anything. I just don’t think I’m small enough for this yet! :dizzy: I know what you mean! I’m glad to hear that you like the DS game! After trying and trying to find one, I finally got a WiiFit ordered. It’s not here yet, but I can’t wait to get it! It should be here sometime next week, so I’ll be letting ya’ll know. I hope you had fun at the cook out!

Karen31 – OMG! I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor! You sound like a great person to live next to! I bet you got a workout!

CatR – That sounds like a wonderful time! I’m glad your back!

Marmi – It’s hard to get all that done. Give yourself a little slack, you’ve got a lot going on. Have fun playing volleyball!

I hope you all have a great week!

spryng 08-18-2008 08:28 AM

Morning all!!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Had that cookout.. it was alot of fun! we did Singstar on the playstation2 and then we took a very LONG power walk so I went way over my stepping goal for the entire week so I'm so proud of myself! today I add another 500 steps so now I'm up to 6900 a day... scary!!! and I'm off work today so hopefully I can get it in :) I'm afraid of walking by myself around the neighborhood so I guess it'll be the treadmill today :) But I thought I was getting the day off to nap or whatever but nope my house is screaming CLEAN ME! so I'll be doing that, lol.. But that is movement and then I have to go grocery shopping so that is more walking so who knows, I may not need much of the treadmill after all today, lol...

Sassy you are right, it is harder to lose when you are within 20 lbs of goal for sure.. so I'm not gonna let myself get discouraged if it's slow... Even my DS game won't encourage me to lose weight because when you put in your height weight etc it does your bmi for you and it says I'm in normal range so it won't set up a weight loss goal for me, lol.. but that is ok, lol.. I'm doing it anyway! bmi doesn't mean healthy for sure. and yes, let us know how you like the wii fit! I'm so curious to see if it's worth the 80 bucks it costs...

Misty, so glad you are feeling better!! hopefully by today you are 100% recovered! :) Did you get to play volleyball? that is my favorite sport :)

Cat your trip sounds wonderful! flowers and butterflies and hikes! that is a weekend get away I would love to do soon before it get's cold again! I am so happy to have you back here this week! :)

Karen, that is so nice that you live in an area where neighbors still care about neighbors! I hope they are all doing well and you are able to get your steps in this week :)

Well, I'm gonna round the kids up and get them to school and one to daycare :) I'll check back in tonight! :)

sassybiscuit 08-18-2008 09:40 AM

Well, I just did 50 minutes on the treadmill. YUK.. so boring! We re-arranged the room that the treadmill is in (technically the office) to accommodate a small tv. Trouble is, I can't find a 13" tv. Can you believe that? Walmart has one, Best Buy doesn't sell them. I don't really want a new one. I've been looking on Craig's List and emailed several people about them, but no one will respond. The radio only gets you so far on the treadmill. :( So, I'm gonna email about some more tv's off of Craig's List. We have a neighborhood wide garage sale on September 13th, so I thought I'd walk around then and see if I couldn't find one. I've gotta work today and hoping that I can get my final 6,000 steps then. Right now, I have 7,371.

Off to the shower and work. Have a great day!