3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   The Step Diet - August (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/147818-step-diet-august.html)

marmi 08-11-2008 10:55 AM

Good morning ladies! :wave:

I decided to start my adding 2,000 steps a day early, and was really dissapointed in myself that I barely reached it. :censored:
I'm gonna have to find a way to walk or something on my breaks/lunch etc. That will help!

Hillarie: I am starting my 2nd week on the step diet, and I've lost 2lbs so far.

spryng 08-12-2008 05:25 PM

Afternoon all! :)

so where is everyone today?

Today has gone well for me, I'm already at my goal (6400) steps and I have open house at the school tonight so the kids can meet their new teachers so that will be more walking :) So all in all a great day!

Karen31 08-12-2008 06:05 PM

Hello--- Still waiting for my book!! GRRR! I have been logging in my steps and all on the "Daily Accountability-- August" thread. If anybody wants to take a look and see what I've been doing and what I need to do while I'm still waiting! I thought sure my book would be here today. Darn It!!

spryng 08-12-2008 07:19 PM

Karen have you already did you one week daily average? if so go ahead and add 2000 steps or if you've already done that as well, start adding 500steps each week.. you can still do this plan without the book :)

spcdcider 08-12-2008 08:49 PM

Karen we can wait for our books together. I replaced the battery in my pedometer today and began my baseline. Kathy

Hillarie 08-12-2008 09:24 PM

Hey Everyone! Good Evening! I I did up my steps by 2000 yesterday and I was about 800 short when I took my pedometer off to go do yard work and housecleaning so I'm sure that I got all my steps in, but have no real proof so I'll count what I can account for and make it up later this week. I've probably made them up already today. If I haven't already mentioned I work retail so I am always on my feet and going going going so my weekly goal for this week is crazy like at 83000 steps. But yeah I walk alot but obviously not enough! Go figure. Ok so anyway. I am finally off my TOM and can really tell because I lost like 4.6 lbs by this morning from a week ago but I know it was all water retention. Gotta beat the bloat! So do we get to count steps equivalent for other exercises? Like I bikes this afternoon to get my kids from daycare with my husband (he pulled the trailer) so I got like 4.39 miles in and felt really good even though I am soo out of shape! Thanks. I hope everyone is achieving their goals. C-ya later!

Karen31 08-12-2008 10:34 PM

I've been keeping track of all my steps since August 1----Since I joined the Daily Accountability thread. How would I average them out? It has been as few as 4200 and as many as 15446. I can hardly wait to get the book! Guess I have to be patient a little longer!!

spcdcider---- How long have you been waiting? I ordered mine off of Ebay. I've been tracking it and it is coming but slow!!!
Have a good night!

sassybiscuit 08-13-2008 08:26 AM

Hello ladies! Sorry I’ve been away, just no time to write. My schedule changed this week, so I only got 1 day off. YUK… I like having 3 days off and have kinda gotten used to it! I’m happy to admit that I am back on track, starting today! Whoo-hoo! I need 13,000 steps per day this week. Last week was a bum deal, but I didn’t gain any weight and my leg is feeling tons better, so I’ll consider that a success. Thanks for the support, I was truly bummed! I’ve also been really happy with the Step Diet, I don’t wanna NOT do it!  This thread is really growing!

Spryng – It sounds like you are doing so well! My kid started school on Monday. I don’t think they should start until after Labor Day, but no one asked me either. LOL! We have our Open House on Friday. It’s gonna be fun. I’m hoping that this is another great year. Last year DS made all A’s!

Marmi – There are lots of days that I barely reach my goal. One day I needed 12,000 and got 12,002. LOL! It doesn’t matter, just as long as you get there. My DH makes fun of me doing “hot laps” around the house at the end of the day to get my steps.

Karen31 – I’m with Spryng. If you wanna go ahead and start, I would. The book is just going to tell you to add 2000 to your baseline week average. Plus, if the book doesn’t get here soon, we’ll help until it does. To average your steps, just take the total of all the days and then divide by the number of days you counted. That would be a baseline. Then add 2000. Did that help?

Spcdcider – HI! I don’t think that I had met you yet! I’m glad you’re here. Have a great baseline week!

Hillarie – You get to count other exercises, though I haven’t done that yet so I’m not the best person to ask. I bet there is someone else on here that could help if you need it. Why do you take your pedometer off to do yard work and house stuff?

marmi 08-13-2008 08:35 AM

Sassy: Oh my! Here's I'm complaining about trying to get in my 6,000 and you have to do 13,000?! Wow! :yikes:

Spcdcider: :welcome3:

Good news is.. I am down 3lbs! Whoo Hoo! :carrot: And Spryng and I have decided to start walking on the treadmill every hour on the hour, so hopefully that will help me get my steps in! This week is just crazy with finals..

spryng 08-13-2008 04:15 PM

afternoon all! :)

So here is to another great OP day.. I'm 3/4 way to my goal and we are going out to dinner tonight so that is more steps as well :) yay! :) Yeah my week really is going well. But I do find the more steps I take in a day the hungrier I am at meal times, it's hard for me to cut down but I'm working on it :)

Misty, yep we will keep up the 5 min treadmill each day on the hr and it really does help! :) plus it breaks the day up and we don't get so bored, lol..

Sassy, yes I would consider last week a success as well!!! You are doing so great and back on track for sure! :)

Karen, still no book? yeah I ordered mine off of amazon and it took longer than I would have liked too, but then I'm not patient at all! LOL! I'm the worst. And yes, like sassy said, add up your daily #'s and then divide by how many days you averaged and there is your baseline steps, add 2000 to that and you are on your way! :)

Hillarie, yes why do you take it off to clean house etc? mine is hooked in the middle of my bra and it does not come off until the bra does, lol.. works like a charm and no one knows its there :) And yes there are step equivilants to other exercises, riding a bike you get 150 steps per min! :) So not too shabby huh? weightlifting is 100 steps per min.. the book has the full list :) yeah I'm thinking about getting a spinning bike for the house to shake things up, I like my treadmill but I'd like some variety too :)

Well guess I'll get off here and have some "me" time before I go get the kids from daycare. School starts tomorrow, yay!! :) and I took friday off, hopefully to go shopping but that is a tentative idea right now, lol..

Hillarie 08-13-2008 05:48 PM

Hey guys, I didn't intentionally leave it off I took it off to change clothes cause I hook it on my waistband and just didn't put it back on. I think I might have to up my steps another 2000 next week just so I will have to try to get all my steps in. We've been super busy at work so I haven't had any problems exceeding my daily minimum. Like today I'm already at 19153 and it's only 4:45. My goal daily is 11857 so I will surely way surpass my weekly goal of 83000. I guess I'll just see what happens. I'm not trying to push myself too hard but I don't really feel challenged yet. How do you all hook it on your bra, You must have a really thin pedometer. I don't think mine will fit. Ha Ha I'll have to see later I guess. Also do any of you have trouble getting your pedometer to register when your on the treadmill? I think mine messes up cause there's no real forward motion taking place to get it to go. I'm trying to work on the eating aspect but like I said we've been busy at work so with that comes extra stress. I'm trying really hard not to stress eat, but there are days it's either that or kill a coworker! Don't you love those days. I guess I'll check back in later. Chao for now!

Karen31 08-13-2008 11:09 PM

Hi Everybody! Thanks for the info. I think since I weigh in on Fridays, I will use this Friday as my time to make my baseline. Guess I will just look back at 7 days and see where that puts me. Then I'll average it and add 2000. I sure hope my book gets here soon. I just tracked it and it is in Denver so it should be! Thanks again and I'll let you know how I do

spryng 08-14-2008 08:29 AM

Morning all :)

Well I hit my goal on the nose yesterday, lol.. I marched in place next to my bed to get to 6400 last night, lol.. hey any way you can get it in right? Today is the kids first day back to school and my youngest son's first day of kindergarten, they all look so cute! I'll have to post of pic of them :)

Karen that sounds great! and yes maybe your book will be there today!! :)

Hillarie, thanks for clearing that up about leaving the ped off, lol.. that makes perfect sense :) Wow.. 19000 steps! that just blows my mind, I'm picturing you running ALL day long, lol! I would have to for sure to get a number like that! LOL!! Yeah my ped is a clip kind and no it's not thin or small at all, lol.. it's actually kind of medium sized but rounded out, but I clip it in the center of my bra and under 99% of most shirts you can't tell it's there, if the shirt is clingy then you'll see it's outline but I don't mind.. the waistband didn't work for me becuase I shake my legs while I work all day which gives it an inaccurate #, whereas on the bra it can't detect restless leg syndrome under my desk! LOL! So that is why mine is there :) And no, never had problem with it tracking my on my treadmill, that is my main form of walking each day and I'll walk for 5 min at a time at anywhere betwen 3 mph and 3.5 and it tracks my 600-650 steps accurately :) What kind of ped do you have? I also found and heard that if you buy a really cheap one you'll get what you paid for, that not all peds are created equal... but if yours if tracking right (count out 100 steps and if within 10 steps of that it's accurate) then you are fine :)

well I better get these kids to school, just took their pic so I'll upload it today for you all :) chat with you later!

marmi 08-14-2008 01:52 PM

yesterday worked extremely well getting me steps in! However, today I'm worried.. i'm home with a sick 10month old. My son's had the flu for the last 2 days.. he doesn't want me out of his sight, so i'm not sure how i'm gonna get my treadmill in today.. :(

spcdcider 08-14-2008 03:38 PM

Karen31, I ordered mine from a seller on amazon.com last Friday. I ordered a book for my son at the same time. His came today my book did not.
sassybiscuit and Marmi thank you for the welcome and Marmi I hope your son feels better.
I have been watching my steps for a few days. Boy there is a difference in work days and stay at home days. I am a nurse and rack up 8000 steps at work.