Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I continue to have my ups and downs with eating. My DH made "Rice Crispie Treats" yesterday, and, of course, I had to eat some.

I made a big pot of Tuscan Bean soup and a vat of turkey spaghetti sauce. As usual, froze in individual servings. Also made a recipe of "light" hummus. so...I have good things to eat, if I can just stay away from DH's little projects!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Hi everyone,
This is a busy week. I need to get back to my exercise routine.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #123  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Old 02-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #124  

Hi everyone,
This week keeps getting busier. I want the weekend to get here fast!
Old 02-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #125  

I had a nice lunch today. Carrot soup. Spinach salad with fresh orange segments, pumpkin seeds and chopped scallion, topped with ff sesame ginger soy dressing. Turkey meatloaf sandwich on whole grain bread with spinach leaves and wasabi/mayo spread. I still have an apple to eat.

Later: I didn't mention how starving I was before lunch. I went to the bank and when I got done, I had to eat part of my lunch in the parking lot. Well, when I got home from work last night, there was my oatmeal sitting in the microwave. I had forgotten to eat it, or anything else yesterday am. Talk about absent minded. The oatmeal had congealed into something like jello.

Last edited by gailr42; 02-06-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:52 PM   #126  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

It all sounds familiar, Gail. My DH found my soup in the microwave when he got home from work the other day, although I ate something different instead for lunch. I just plain forgot that I put the soup in the microwave!

And, like a broken record, I'm looking at snow falling again. This shoveling stuff is starting to get old!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #127  
Onward and Downward

Old 02-07-2008, 09:45 PM   #128  

Hello all,
Not much going on, work is very busy. I'm glad Friday is around the corner.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #129  
Liz

We haven't heard from Claire (waterbaby) lately, but I see that she's from Tennessee. I wonder if she had problems with all those tornadoes?

Gail- I tried this recipe and it just wasn't good, although I think it could be. It's definitely healthy. I was wondering if you had any ideas of how to fix it?

Rosalynn Carter's Cream of Broccoli Soup-with No Cream
Recipe courtesy First Ladies' Cookbook
Show: Cooking Live
Episode: White House Eats: First ladies Tribute

1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 bay leaf
1 pound green broccoli, chopped
1 small potato, chopped
2 1/2 cups light vegetable stock
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 lemon, juiced
Lowfat plain yogurt

Saute onion and garlic in the oil until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.

Add bay leaf, broccoli, potato, and stock. Simmer gently, covered for about 10 minutes, until the broccoli is tender, but still bright green. Remove bay leaf and let cool.

Puree in a blender (not totally smooth). Season to taste, add lemon juice and return to pan to reheat if necessary. Add a dollop of yogurt just before serving.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:43 AM   #130  

In what way was it not good? I don't like vegetable stock. I would use ff, less sodium chicken stock. Sorry, I can't remember if you are vegetarian.

I have had this idea in my head for a while to cook the stems of the broccoli and puree them along with the sauted onion and garlic. Then add chicken broth and cook however many florets you like, in the soup. Lemon juice seems good. Nutmeg is a classic seasoning for broccoli, so I might use it instead of bay leaf. I dunno. I never seem to know how anything is going to be until I actually make it. I think I have some broccoli. For sure it would be good if you added a cup of cream and a pound of shredded cheese.

Hey, guess what? It got up to 70 degrees F. today. We had the doors open. The dogs tippy-toed in and ate all the cat food when I wasn't paying attention. Good thing they did't get my five pound turkey meatloaf which was cooling on the counter.

I have made three of those giant Ina Garten turkey meatloaves in the last year. This one today was the best of the three, probably because I followed the recipe exaclty. I freeze it in slices and use it for meatloaf sandwiches, which I happen to love more than anything for lunch. Especially with horseradish on it.

We got a lotof produce at Costco yesterday. I have eight heads of lettuce in my styrofoam cooler. I can't believe how fast we eat lettuce.

Got salad dressing, micro greens, Persian cucumbers (no idea what the difference is between these and regular ones), Greek style yogurt at Trader Joe's. ONe of the dressings was Pear vinaigrette with Gorgonzola. It is not low fat/low calorie, but someone on here recommended it anyway. I haven't tried it yet. I got some fig yogurt. It is the full fat stuff, but is it ever good. I think it would be good as a topping on something - haven't figured out what, yet.

Yesterday was DH's birthday. One of his friends made him a plate of mini-chocolate eclairs. I had to eat two of those - after all, they are "mini". Why do I keep doing this to myself????????
Old 02-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #131  

This has been a rough week with the dieting. I gained a pound So I need to hop back on the wagon. Wish me luck
Old 02-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #132  

I was up a pound this morning, too. Probably the Rice Crispy treats, the mini-eclairs and the full fat fig yogurt. It doesn't take long for that kind of eating to catch up with me.

DH's 50 year class reunion is coming up this summer. I am hoping that motivates me. I want to loose 15 more pounds, and that is certainly do-able by, say, July.

I cleaned my fridge yesterday. Now it looks like a farmer's market on the inside.

I made a nicoise salad for lunch today. I followed a recipe in a French cookbook. It called for olive oil as a dressing. I used my TJ's FF Balsamic Vinegar dressing. I am sure it would be better with evoo, but it was just fine with the FF dressing.

We had another beautiful day today. Seems like most years we have some nice weather in January or February. It isn't really spring yet!
Old 02-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #133  

Hi all,
It's looks like everyone is getting busy. It was a good day at work. Have a great night.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:36 AM   #134  
Liz

We had another snow day yesterday because the windchill was so low. -25, something like that I think.

My scale seems to be stuck, can't seem to break the 200 mark. I'm wondering how much of it is psychological? Guess I just need to keep plugging away. I don't feel as if I'm doing anything really bad, but maybe I need to start writing down what I eat finally.

I want to make cookies to send to my kids for Valentine's day, but I'm afraid I'll eat them. Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #135  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

Sorry I've been MIA -- had a serious computer problem on Friday and 'he' had to go and spend the weekend at the "spa" for some R & R. Weather was sooooo bad Sunday and yesterday, it turned into a long weekend. Today, both the computer and the weather are in pretty good shape. Weather is supposed to get ugly again tomorrow -- hope Mr. Computer stays cheerful.

Oh GAIL . . . I used to make a brocolli soup exactly like you described a few years ago using the brocolli stems (and no cream and no cheese ). It was great . . . thanks for the reminder, must start saving my stems again-- same idea works terrifically well with cauliflower, too.

I feel for you LIZ . . . I'm having a tough year so far . . . but I know it's my own fault. I keep giving in to my sweet-tooth.

Hang in there TEACH . . . glad you had a good day yesterday and hope today was more of the same.

See you later, Chickies . . .
Closed Thread