Old 01-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Hi all,
The kiddos were naughty today. Ahhh, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #48  

Hate it when that happens. Hate it even more when the parents think it is the teacher's/school's fault that their kid is naughty. Seems like I remember you teach special ed, which is a little different, but still, the parents need to take some responsibility for their kid's behavior. [/rant]
Old 01-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #49  

I hear that Gail The kiddos were much better today. I did exercise today but still a little out of control with the food. But I seem to be out of my funky mood.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #50  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Oh wow . . . it has finally stopped snowing after two days and (I think) my power supply has finally decided to stabalize again after two days . . . other than that nothing very exciting around here . . . have a great day, gang, and hopefully I'll see you again really soon . . .
Old 01-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #51  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Hi, all!

Lost another four pounds last week! WOO!

We had over an inch of snow in Tennessee last night. I live southwest of Nashville and it gave us a nice, pretty covering, although it has melted off today.

Gail, I tried your soup recipe and it was absolutely delish! I had been wondering what to do with a bag of carrots I bought as an unexpected duplicate, and the soup recipe took care of that.

I will post more frequently. Work has been crazy busy with end of year statistics to be compiled, but I'm through the worst of it. WHEW!

Cheers!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #52  

Claire- great job on your weight loss!

Have a great night everyone.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:49 PM   #53  

Glad you liked the carrot soup, waterbaby. I never would have thought to make soup out of carrots. My next project is to make roasted winter vegetables.

Pretty cool here today. Probably a high of 50°F. We are due for some warm days now.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:16 AM   #54  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Welcome to Friday!

I have hazelnut coffee already made, and the tea kettle is whistling, so help yourselves, pull up a chair, and just take a load off. After all, it's almost the weekend, right?

teacher1, your schnauzer is adorable! Which "size" is it? A friend of mine usually gets the smaller one, but when her last one passed over, she opted for a standard size and likes her just as well!

Gail, your avatar kitties look like they have Himalayan markings. Are they a particular breed? I also notice that your location is "mojave desert." I know it well, particularly around Baker, Victorville and toward Visalia, where we have family. I have drunk many pots of coffee in the wee hours at Denny's in Baker. We make the trek from Las Vegas (more family) to Visalia on a regular basis.

Well, it's 27 degrees here with a predicted high of 43, so it's livable. Hope everyone has a warm, relaxed day. Will check in later.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:28 PM   #55  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

We're expecting a cold and snowy weekend here, and then it's going to go visit Meowee, so winter's back!

Yesterday I was running through Costco, looking for an easy dinner, and I found a frozen dinner with pasta, turkey and spinach that had an ED of 1.3. I thought that was pretty good for pre-made stuff, and when I got home I took a bigger casserole dish, grated up a carrot, threw in my fresh spinach which was getting old and then put the frozen casserole on top of it. I covered it and baked it as the directions said, stirred it all together, and it wasn't too bad, and it was really easy. I'm sure the sauce that was with it was bad, but I figured if I stirred in enough extra veggies, maybe it'd come out alright. I probably should have stirred in more veggies, but wasn't sure how it'd turn out, so I'll do that next time (yes, it was a 2-pack. Everything at Costco is at least a 2-pack)

Congratulations Claire! What all are you doing to be getting these huge weight losses? I'm jealous!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #56  

Claire- My family dog is a miniature schnauzer.

Oh, I'm so glad the 3 day weekend is here. Everyone try to stay warm.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #57  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi . . .

Well, I'm back for what seems to be my 'every other day' visit. We are having another 'lull between the storms' day. It is beautiful -- sunny; calm; relatively mild (right around the freezing mark). Tomorrow the prediction is for snow again but with relatively calm winds (I hope, I hope). It's the nasty high winds that keep knocking out the electrical supply and I'm getting extremely tired of it. Not to mention that it gets much too cold in the house. Even the felines are giving me dirty looks about the cold. Next time (oh I hope there is NO next time) maybe I should stick them outside for a few minutes so they can discover what cold really is.

Well I'd better get things moving . . . need to get out and refresh my canned goods supply just in case we do have more power outages coming . . . hope you all have a great day doing great stuff and I hope to see you tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #58  

Linda- stay warm

Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:00 PM   #59  

I made the roasted veggies last night and they were good. I am going to make the soup tomorrow.

It is pretty nice having all the chicken broth that comes as a by-product, so to speak, of poaching so much chicken breast. I can always conjure up a soup with it.

Against my better judgement, we bought some meat from one of those outfits that sells steak for outrageous prices. We tried it right away and it was yucky. I had to contact the fast talking salesman, who was drunk when I called, and tell him I wanted my money back. I think we will get our money back, but the whole thing was very stressful. As a result, I went on a peanut butter binge. Pure and simple cause and effect. It isn't usually that obvious to me .

I am certainly not loosing any weight. I just hope I haven't gained. I am a little afraid to weigh myself. If I can maintain for a while, I will be very happy. I haven't done a darned thing as far as exercise goes. My thinking is that I will concentrate on the exercise aspect of my life style change, this year. I better get started if I'm gonna.

Well, Waterbaby, you can't avoid the Mojave desert on that trip. We live on the way to Death Valley. If you took that route from Las Vegas, you would go right by our road on your way to Trona. My DH is from Porteville, so I am familiar with the central valley. Hot and Sticky in the summertime.

The cats are just mutts with semi-mese markings. We don't have the one on the left anymore. Something got him a couple of months ago. We sure miss him. The little one on the right has a bob-tail. She was born that way.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:08 AM   #60  

Hi,
It's my weigh in day and I'm still at 171. I thought this might happen since it was such a rough last week. But I'm back on track with writing all my food down and exercising.
Closed Thread