Old 01-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #106  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Wow Stephanie!!! You are so close! Looking at your stats makes me realize how slow I have been losing lately! Congrats on your success!!

Welcome Wannabe and JR!!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #107  
Cathy

S/C/G: 222/198.4/142

Height: 5'1

WOW Stephanie thats awesome. Keep up the great work. It isnt easy to lose this weight but sure makes us proud when we see the scale moving in the downwards position.

Welcome aboard JR and wannabe!!

Have a great night everyone.
Catway8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:51 PM   #108  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

Cathy and Amy - thanks! Amy, I really think the reason I have been able to do what I have done is because I live alone. A gal at work mentioned that weekends are tough for her because of her husband, kids, etc. I'm not real social, so don't go out very much. There is the parent/grandparent factor, but that isn't very often. I also don't have the stress of work AND school! :-) You will get there. You've done well so far - WOW - almost 50 pounds!! Great job!
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:54 PM   #109  
Amy- Red w/Lites

You should be so proud of yourself! It's so hard no matter what your circumstances, but yes, I would definitely be more focused if it weren't for Dbf wanting to go out to eat all the time! I can't wait to get to 50-I'm sick of saying "45" when people ask how much I've lost. I bet it feels good to say 65!!! Gl getting to the Val Day goal!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:50 AM   #110  

Height: 5'7"

Well, I WI in about an hour and I'm totally nervous! For some reason last Friday I was up 1.2, even though I've been POP since Jan 1! It was totally discouraging and really hard to stay on track all weekend after a gain for no good reason. Hoping I don't have a Friday curse.

I'll post when I get back and let you all know how I did. I freakin' love this board and especially this thread. I'll have to get a picture up soon so you can all put a face w/ a name.

What a bunch of beautiful ladies you all are!

Jill
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #111  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

GO JILL! We're rootin' for ya! How aweomse that you have been so POP! You are bound to have a great WI!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #112  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Good luck at your WI Jill! Can't wait for you to get a pic up! Awesome job on being POP!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #113  

Thanks Cecilia & Kimberly! Down 1.4 today!

Had a real hard a$$ counsel me today. She gave me a hard time b/c I wanted to have a few beers tonight and asked how to count them. Made me committ to not drinking until after my 1st four weeks. I'm a bit of a party-girl so this is really hard.

She said I could work them in after 4 weeks, but they prefer that we leave out alcohol all together. All about empty calories & screwing up our metabolism.

But that'll be my reward to myself for being POP for 4 weeks. I'll go out and have a few drinks w/ my friends.

Until then, I guess it's chillin' at home w/ the DF!!

Hope everyone is doing well today!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #114  
Cecilia

OMG! Jill me too love to go out! I actually posted a thread when I first started called "alcohol"! You should check it out. I actually did opt to be sober for the first 4 weeks and it actually ended up being 40 days! Wow! I was so suprised that I went that long! I definately think it was the best thing for me at the time! So stick to it! I promise it will help!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:32 PM   #115  

Hi Cecilia -

I will check it out on Monday. Out of here for the (sober) weekend! I might check in tomorrow from home.

I'll tell ya what though, I partied HARD over the holidays so taking a little break and detoxing will probably do me good. I also used to be a smoker, but got it down to only smoking when I drank. I've had 1 cigarette since NYE. I bet they would totally taste nasty to me now. But I know that if I had a cocktail, a cigarette would be soon to follow. Bad, bad habits.

I feel so freakin' healthy right now. It's weird. But fabulous!

Have a good weekend everyone if I don't talk to you all!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:47 AM   #116  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Jill congrats on the loss! GL staying alcohol free this weekend. After all your hard work, you'd hate to see a gain bc of a couple beers! Keep it up and the beers can come later!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #117  
Cecilia

Oh Man I had WI today and I was up .2! God I hate the scale. Ha ha! I really like to lose on Sat WI because it keeps me motivated over the weekend..... oh well what can you do? Maybe Tuesday will be better to me.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:13 PM   #118  

Thanks Amy! I will stick to it. No beer here! It actually is really nice waking up on Saturday mornings feeling great and well-rested. Makes for a much better weekend. I haven't really had any temptation about going out so far. Everyone is kind of broke after the holidays and laying low.

Cecilia - You Tuesday WILL be better for you. Rock it out this weekend and you will definately see the results at your next WI.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #119  
Cecilia

Thanks Jill! I will try hard to ROCK it out Harcore this weekend! I am always tempted to drink. I was trying to be sober again until the 26th of this month and I have been so far since the 2nd. But tonight one of my good friends is having a wine and cheese party and Wine is my weakness! Ha! I want to go but I don't know if I can control myself!
I know what you mean about it feeling good not being hung over! Oh boy I am getting too old for that! Ha Ha!

Last edited by cecil; 01-12-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #120  

Cecilia -

I'm a wine-o also. I also really like beer. Okay, so I like it all. But I have really acquired a taste for wine over the last year and I got a bunch of bottles from friends and family for Christmas this year. They are sitting (unopened of course!) in my fridge right now. I swear every time I open the fridge they are looking at me and saying "drink me!".

Personally, I wouldn't be able to deal w/ a party right now and would skip it. I've told all of my friends what I'm doing and was really surprised to find out how supportive everyone is. I had a dinner party planned mid-month and told my friends we would have to cancel. One of my best guy friends said he totally understood and would rather have me be lame over the winter so he can have his super-fun, crazy, dancin' friend back this summer. Made me feel really good

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I just turned 32 on New Year's Eve and boy do I feel it! I'm just not ready to look it. So this weight has to come off. My 20 lb reward to myself is to get my hair professionally dyed to get rid of these stupid grey hairs. I can't believe I already have greys.

I tried to upload my pic a minute ago so we'll see if it works w/ this post.

Good luck w/ the party tonight. Stay strong! We can do this!