Old 01-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #166  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Keep it up ladies!! I had a great w/i today, but my official w/i is tomorrow so I'm hoping to see an even lower number after 3 days of POP (FINALLY!!!!!)

At this point, there is no room for slip ups! Three weeks of consistent POP will give us all 6 more lbs or more right?! Let's do this thing!

Congrats to you all who are SOO close to your goal. For those of us with 7+ lbs to lose-let's get movin! From the vday challenge we can roll right into a St. Patty's day challenege so don't stress if you have a couple lbs to roll over!

With that said, I think we all need to be serious about a POP challenge up to Feb 14th. Who's with me?!??? Even the weekends-let's meet these goals!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #167  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

WTG, Amy.........I am happy for you. I hate it when the sclae is the devil!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:43 PM   #168  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Thanks Nicole- It was a great relief to see anything under 240 today. Look at you with your 6+ lbs!! KEEP IT UP!
Old 01-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #169  

Ah Kelly......you are a girl after my own heart. I too, hate vegtables! So funny 'cuz we're almost exactly the same on what we will & won't eat!

I make sure to sneak some in at each meal so it doesn't ovewhelm me. I have to have 6 servings a day! I do much better during the week 'cuz I take a bunch of carrots and cut up cucumbers to work and snack on them all afternoon w/ a little ranch dressing. It gets 3 servings in for me.

Cecilia we have the same amount to lose! I have 8 pounds left also. I seem to have just bolted through my plateau and am losing pretty steadily now, so it just might be doable

Hope everyone is doing well!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #170  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Amy love the positive attitude! We are going to do this!
8 lbs is possible Jill! So lets kick it into over drive! Come on Ladies!
I am waiting for my new video so I can excercise. Any suggestions on excercises to do on your own????
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

I am back on the other side of my Chinese food fiasco. It took two days of HLW and patience. Of course I ate all my food by 1:30 today so tonight I get more water, chicken broth and an early bed time. Actually looking forward to the early bedtime. WI is Fri wish me luck.
I am feeling sappy, so let me just say if I had not found this forum I would be lost is so many ways. You all ROCK!
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #172  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Woo Girls we are on fire!! Look at all the weight fallin off!!! We are goin to make this goal!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #173  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Yeah Kimberly!!! Awesome loss! I am finally back down to my ticker weight.....I'm planning on moving it down on Sat!!!

Keep being positive ladies and keep up that POP!
Old 01-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #174  
Cecilia

I am very discouraged in this challenge. I am back up a lb. Which means I am only down 3 lbs since we started this challenge. Like almost a month ago! What? I am soooo annoyed. What am I doing wrong!?
Old 01-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #175  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Cecil- Are you staying POP? Like no cheats at all?? We have 3 weeks so you can still get pretty close to goal if not pass it! Try turning up your workouts a little, or do a day with only light starches, like wheat thins, melba toast, etc. Amy told me to do this and it really helps. Do you think there is anyway you are retaining water? I am down 2.2 lbs from Monday by just sticking strictly to the book and drinking a little extra water! I hope you can get out of this rut! If you need to go look up the Plateau buster and see if it helps! You can do this!!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #176  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Cecil,

It is probably just something quirky. Don't let it discourage you. Just keep being POP and it will start coming off.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #177  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey Kimberly,

We were posting at the same time. Congrats on the loss.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #178  
Cecilia

Dionne thanks for the vote of confidence... I appreciate it!
Kimberly! Congrats on the loss. You are right I work at a coffee shop and we have these amazing smoothies and sometimes there are left overs I have gotten use to taking a few sips... otherwise yes I have been POP. So really no I haven't been. I will not do that anymore! thanks for the pep talk! I know I can do this.... Heres to staying pop! My Straches really aren't that heavy usually I use this new cheerios mix which is the same as wheat thins and then light bread and a half a spinach tortilla sometimes nilla waffers? Anyting you would suggest staying away from. COD said just keep doing what you are doing. No suggestions at all..... ugh!

Last edited by cecil; 01-24-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #179  

Cecilia -

When I was having problems I upped the H2O to 96 oz, added an extra minute on the treadmill & did not touch the salt shaker.

Had a great loss the next WI. Don't get discouraged! I know it's so hard not to get focused on the scale. I freak out when the scale doesn't do what I want it to.

Direct that focus to making some little changes to get past your plateau. And stop w/ the BLT's (Bites, Likes & Tastes)!! Those aren't doing you any good!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

My suggestions on starches are to think complex carbohydrates, whole grains, and nutrient dense. Stay away from processed foods such as nilla wafers and try bulgar, spelt, and wild/brown rice. they are more filling, have more nutrients, and more fiber.
I try to not eat flour or sugar more than once a day. I can have lite bread or RF wheat thins but only as one of my starches the others are more substantial.
Recipe for bulgar pilaf:
Saute green or regular onions, garlic, mushrooms, finely chopped carrots, any of your favorites veggies, until just soft. The more veggies the better. I aim for 1 cup when cooked.
Add 1 cup bulgar (cracked wheat) 2 cups FF chicken broth (veggie is good too), salt, and 1tsp curry or sage (any spice/herb works) . Stir, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15min. add 1 cup frozen peas and let sit for 10 min. Fluff and serve.
1/2 C = 1S, 1/2V
This is great with any lean protein and veggie, keeps in the fridge for days.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote