Old 09-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Felicia, I just hope that you are not accosted by frogs on your way home! I feel the same way about snakes. Doesn't matter how small and harmless I can intellectually tell that they are, it is a SNAKE, and I must freak out. I can't imagine driving in a car with one. I'm glad my job is more forgiving about being gone... I would just have to call in to work and say, can't work due to snake in car.

Hi Nicole. I'm glad you weren't actually sick yesterday. I love cheese too. Day 2 of my TO. Cheeeeeeese... oh my gosh... I better go eat one of those grapefruits. Yes I eat the membrane and all! I figured I didn't gain weight due to grapefruit membranes.

Down 2 pounds this morning, so TO is working. I'll go to the COD tomorrow and see what they have to say to a maintainer who gained and then avoided going to see them. I still have a whole lot of lites that I already paid for, so I'm going back if only to collect my lites. Plus some counselors are truly helpful and encouraging. I hope I get one of those when I go back. I don't need a lecture. I lectured myself quite thoroughly already.

Kim #3 good luck with the WI

Princess Heather, I understand, having not been to the COD in 5 weeks myself that whole avoiding them thing.... but we both need to just suck it up and go back in. At least you didn't gain! I think I just need to get over the fear of them saying harsh things to me and go in. Perhaps they will be nice

Heather of dolphins and pigs, cute dolphin, I thought it was one of those standard pictures and didn't realize that it was one that you took yourself.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #122  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey Nancy.....I sent you a PM the other day, but I am not sure if you got it. I noticed yesterday that my PM box was overfull and not working properly. If you dind't get it, let me know

And, if anyone else sent me a PM in the last few days, I probably didn't get it
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #123  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone, just popping in for a few minutes, thought I better say hi. Looks like there are lots of people MIA. Guess everyone is busy. Thanks for missing me Nicole - its not my dd that is on bedrest - I think it is Carrie's.

All is well with me. Have been pretty busy lately, and we were away for four days down in Whitefish. Also, kind of looking for new job, and catching up on lots of stuff at home in the meantime.

My scale is pretty much stuck. I have been yo yoing a lb all summer. I was going to lose the last three over the summer but instead, I gain one, lose it, gain it, lose it. So I am still trying to lose 3..... no now actually 4 lbs. I am working really hard this week to be pop, and next week i will as well. Then we go back to Whitefish for three days - dh in a golf tournament. After that weekend, things should settle down a bit and I hope to get into more of a routine with excercise and eating.

I agree with you Nicole - the fall clothes are out, and I want to do some shopping, but I am stuck between size 8 and 10, so, I want to lose the last few pounds so I can go to the 8.

Congrats to all of you who have been losing.

I will try to be a little more consistent with checking in here. You guys do keep me motivated, and I really need some motivation right now.

Have a great weekend everybody - take care.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #124  
Post-Master

You are right, I think it is Carrie's daughter. Check in if you have a second, Carrie
Old 09-07-2007, 04:07 PM   #125  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Nicole if I remember correctly, (and I could be wrong) I think that Carrie mentioned something about they were taking a little trip early Sept. Does that sound right, or am I confusing her with someone else.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #126  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

No time to catch up on personals...just a note for Deb.

Yes, I'm totally in. The only problem is that I'm leaving to go to the cottage tonight, and I won't be back until Monday morning. I don't have access to a computer there, so I can't post. I'll just pledge to be good, and Monday I'll have an official weigh in at the COD. CAn we go from there? I'm excited about it!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nicole, I think Carrie went to San Francisco. Hope your dental trouble passes soon.

Karen, those last few pounds are the hardest ones to lose! I'm sure when your schedule settles down that you'll be able to do what is needed to banish them. Really, sometimes just maintaining is doing pretty good, and you maintained your loss (wish I had!). Oh well.. I am up about 3-4 pounds over goal... So I feel your pain (and the tightness of the size 8's). Just a few pounds really does make a difference.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #128  
Post-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Nicole, I think Carrie went to San Francisco. Hope your dental trouble passes soon.
I did end up putting a call in to my doctor's office. She said to wait until Monday........then if I still haven't found my little porcelin nugget, they will do an abdominal series of X-rays to make sure all is well

Ok, everyone.........have a very good weekend......and be good.........those who WI on Monday's are the most successful
XOXO
Old 09-08-2007, 04:31 AM   #129  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hey Kids!

It's almost 1:30AM and now officially Mini Me's 16th Birthday! I'm just about to throw in the towel and go to bed. I stayed up to wrap her gifts, make a silly tiara with 16 sticking out of the top (which I'm going to make her wear ALL day everywhere we go) I made her cake (red velvet) but messed up the whipped cream - cream cheese - white chocolate frosting. Darnit. I overbeat the cream so I have to either start over again tomorrow or just buy a can of frosting and call it even. And speaking of cans.. I bought a dozen of them filled with silly string. That's how I plan to wake her up. I also will be handing them to random people who come into contact with her during the day... The checkout clerk, neighbors, friends.. maybe strangers on the street.

I've been POP for the most part since we got back from Mexico. The only off plan part was not eating enough during the extreme heat. It's cooled down now. For Mini Me's birthday I'm just gonna say it's the weekend and calories don't count. Not only is there that scrumptious red velvet cake, but she was saying a couple of weeks ago that she misses Popeye's Chicken that we used to have at our old house. So... I'm sending one of my neighbors on a journey tomorrow to pick that up.

Sunday night I'm back in the chopper to cover the first Chargers game of the season. I haven't been in there for a month at least so I'm excited. Should be a fun albeit busy weekend all around!

POP wishes to all of my loser friends!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:31 AM   #130  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Morning, guys! I'm assuming the frog died in my truck. I'll have to clean it out this weekend to get the nasty thing out.

DH's birthday party is this evening. He'll be 40 on Tuesday. I've been cleaning and straightening things up. That's the good thing about having people over: it makes you clean! DH has gone for a 30-mile bike ride this morning. When he returns, I'm going to WI before going to run all of my party errands.

The party is at 4, but my parents and DH's mom, stepdad, and aunt are coming a little early. My mom wants to come and help with any last-minute things. My MIL always comes under the guise of coming to help, but I never get much help from her. I just really hope she doesn't bring her dog - ill-tempered little pomerarian that sheds like it's going bald. I mean, we found a new home for OUR dog because we knew he couldn't live in this house and we didn't have a fenced backyard, but the day after we moved, MIL showed up to see the house and brought her dog - even though DH had asked her not to!! I am still finding 8-inch-long hairs!! If you're going to take your dog to someone else's home, please brush her first!!! Since there will be 30 or so people here, I really don't think Princess needs to come! She tends to get upset when there are lots of people she doesn't know and she ends up yacking on the floor. I hope MIL uses some common sense on this one!! I am not an anti-dog person. Heck, until a month ago, we had a Weimaraner that lived inside. But I would never shown up at someone else's house with him!

Okay, enough of my rant. Chalk it up to exhaustion from my week at school and pre-party jitters!!

Have a great day!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:08 PM   #131  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

You poor thing Felicia! I can't imagine finding a frog in my car. We don't have too many out here, but I can imagine it was scary!! I'm glad you made it safely to work and home. Good luck finding the little guy...yuck! And I'm hoping MIL leaves Princess at home....it seems like people with little dogs just assume they are welcome everywhere! GOod luck with the party!

Nicole-I hope you find your golden nugget soon...

Dan-wow! your pictures are literally unbelievable. There is definitely a slight difference between the 2nd and 3rd pics, I see if in your face and shoulders...I'm glad you blew those up so we could all get inspired.

Liza- minime's 16th sounds like a lot of fun! Let us know how the day goes.

I think Carrie is in SF for the 49ers game this weekend...hope she is having fun!

I had a busy night last night, dinner function for an organization I am in...it was catered and a little difficult to eat on plan, just did the best I could.
I'm hoping to finally make it to w/i this morning before we head to a bday party. I'm hoping for one more lb gone despite TOM....I'll report back!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #132  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just checking in quick. we made it to SD and are having a blast with the kids so far. julia and jagger keep getting bigger and bigger and smarter and smarter! growing like weeds on steroids, it seems.

i did however step on the scale this morning and i don't know if the scale is off or not, but it seems as if i've gotten past my plateau. the scale here showed me at 206.2! hopefully it's right and even if it's not, i know that i'll still show a loss when i get back! yay.

anyways, my parents just got here so i've gotta go. hope everyone is well.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #133  

Hi everyone - Happy Saturday! It's been awhile since I've posted - took a short break from the program due to some problems with food allergies. Still having some issues, but not as bad as it was, and I have an appointment to see the allergy doctor on the 24th. It's cleared up a lot just by giving up the Luna bars and the diet soda, but not completely.

The COD put me on the Feel Full plan last week (# 4, no lites) and I think it's a bit higher in carbs than I'd like, but on the other hand the jeans are getting looser so I am happy about that!

I'll be travelling for work week after next, and am concerned about being able to stay on plan. Do any of you have any experience with/tips for doing LAWL while living out of a suitcase for a week?
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #134  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Happy Saturday!

I have been MIA for a few days because of work. In the last 3 days I have clocked in 39 hours and I will be back tomorrow for at least another 5 of overtime. Then right back to regular shift monday again with likely more OT if I want to do it. But I have been able to bank lots of time and most of it is at double time so I like that. After tomorrow I'll have 80.5 hrs banked and I am also paying out a bunch on top of that. It'll come in handy for when I move.

Looks like my mom is going to visit her family for xmas in BC so xmas will be a quiet one for me. Just me and hopefully the dog. Oh well, no biggie. Mom's brother hasn't been well and this might be the last xmas she can travel there as it is $1000 just in airfare for the round trip. So she might as well go while she can.

Not much else new with me...just plugging along. Not much can happen when all you do is work and come home and sleep!! Speaking of which...time for a light snack and then off to bed for me. It's almost 10 here and I have to be up tomorrow to go and see the furkid. I haven't seen her since tues because of wwork.

Have a good Sunday everybody!!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:08 AM   #135  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Good morning, all! Went to WI yesterday morning amidst all of my birthday party errands and had lost 2 pounds!

DH's birthday party was great! Everybody came and the food was wonderful (too wonderful, in fact). DH and I REALLY splurged for the first time since we started LAWL back in May. We had Cane's chicken fingers, chips and dips, and a huge veggie tray. I actually did eat more of the veggies than anything else, but I had my fair share of the rest of the food, too. The cake was the best/worst thing. I ordered a chocolate cake with strawberry filling, whipped chocolate frosting and fresh strawberries on top. It was absolutely gorgeous - one of the most beautiful cakes I've ever seen. I had a pretty good chunk just like everybody else. I unfortunately over-ordered and the cake was HUGE. I told the girl we were having 25 guests and she suggested a full sheet cake, so I said, "Sure!" When I went to pick it up and she brought it out to me, I asked, "Whose cake is that?" and she said, "Yours." I was stunned! We could have gotten away with a half-sheet! AFter everyone left, we cut a couple of pieces off for the kids and DH took the rest (nearly half the cake) to some friends who had come to the party but hadn't brought their kids. We had invited them, but they didn't come. They were happy to get the cake!

As with any party, it was fun, we ate too much, and we were relieved when everybody left!

Now we'll get back on the wagon and lose some more weight! The good thing is that this may knock DH off of his plateau!

Have a great day!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote