Old 08-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #76  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

just a quick hi to everyone.

good to "see" you jason!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:40 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

I agree, one gallon of water a day should be enough.

Heather let me and Kim#2 know when you want to meet and where. Thursdays are not good for me that is my Mary Kay Sucess night in West knoxville.

Alannah, Speaking of Mary Kay, I hope you have a wonderful girls night out. Be open to what you consultant has to say about the company. You just can't imagine how this company treats people they are associated with. They would do anything they could to help you in a time of need as well as to help you be successful in this business. It is a wonderful sisterhood (turning into a brotherhood too - lots a men consultants now). My directors home burned 4th of July. People all over the country sent her things so she could keep working her business until the insurance took care of her. Its like a huge church support group. And of course we continue to be the #1 brand of cosmetics for the past 13 years so listen with an open mind. The training sessions in my area are like therapy. Very positive in a personal way. We are a huggy group and you got to get use to that if you aren't.

Katy66 - Glad you enjoyed TN. Of course there is beautiful country and bigger mountains your way.

Felicia - Sorry your assistant principal is a pain at times. They can make or break the moral of a school. I am a speech pathologists and travel between schools. I have been blessed to have wonderful principals. They make life so much easier. Sad they all can't be that way. I have heard nightmare stories.
The TN remedy for coughing is a tsp of straight TN whiskey. My hubby took DD (16yo) to DR after coughing all night and Dr wanted to know how we were treating it and my husband said he would tell him if he didn't turn him in. The Dr laughed and said that was how he was raised!

Renee - Love what you told COD. I am about to be that way with chips! Glad Dan isn't around. SHHH

Emmysmom - Thanks for the recipe. Share what you can from that website since some of us can't figure out how to get on it.

Hope my weigh in goes better tomorrow. Up 2 pounds for some reason. Been POP can't figure it out. Very disappointing!

Got to go get dinner.
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #78  

Kim #2 wow!! Did you happen to ask corporate how the folks in TN can log into the laathome sit
Old 08-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #79  

Woman's World August 28th issue - Cover says "Carb-Cycling Turbo Diet". This is LAWL folks and the diet is a LA program. Interesting. Of course I haven't been on the program long enough to know the difference between what I am doing and the one in the magazine. Check it out. Interesting and encouraging.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #80  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
It doesn't speed up weight loss, I hope they aren't misrepresenting the product
Hmm, Suzanne, it's possible I "misunderstood" what she said, but I'm pretty confident those were the words she used. I pulled out the flyer I got last time I was there and it says "makes weight loss even easier" which is not quite the same as speeding up weight loss. I guess she paraphrased!

Thanks for all the additional info. The only thing I didn't see mentioned is that it was developed by the USDA and is exclusively at LAWL (under the Controltrim brand, I guess).

Whatever the case, I think I'll stick with good ol' fashioned healthy food choices. Unless I get desperate, of course!
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:51 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Kim-They gave me a log in ID and password but I never could get it to work. Sorry the scale was mean to you, just hang in there though, you are doing great!!! I use Mary Kay makeup too, love it! Looks like we'll have to PM Heather to get her to answer about coffee! LOL

If I can survive a few more minutes until I head to bed, that will be two, count em, 2 POP days in a row! My body is gonna go into junk food withdrawel! LOL
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:47 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 186/129/125

Height: 5'9"

The Control Trim from my understanding is not supposed to speed up weight loss as much as it is supposed to help you feel full. It is oat bran that expands in your stomach and also aids with digestion and helps with cholesterol and heart health. The powder is actually used to cook with and replace fat in recipes. It also can be added to your fats to add more substance. If you put it in mayo or sour cream it actually expands it to make it seem like you are eating more. They have flyers out at my center and one of the girls that just went to training said she tried both and they were awesome. I bought some today for the pre-sale. I think it won't be here until next week though. I am excited to try it. I do know what you mean when you say "along with the other pills..." I take tons of supplements too. Hard to keep up with. My counselor told me you could just take 2 or 3 control trim a day though. It is not like the other supplements. We will see!
bbuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:37 PM   #83  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Hiya Everyone!

I believe "Controltrim" is the new product being released by my COD in September and the reason I and other advertising are on hiatus. I'm excited to try the new product so I'll let you all know how it works out! I miss the supplements. I think the one I miss the most is "Celluway" for some reason it just helped me sleep and really seemed to "clear things out" in the morning.

So since I've been on official hiatus for almost a month, I still wanted to lose "unofficially" but was only putting a half-arsed effort into it. As a result, I gained 4 lbs that I'd lost. So for the past week, I'm full on back into it being as POP as possible. I've taken off 3 of those 4lbs and hope to be lower than even in the morning!

I can't believe how important journaling is. That's where I fell off the wagon. I was keeping "mental count" of everything. I started entering in fit day again and see exactly where those 4lbs came from. I've been pretty good with the exercise making sure to at least get a walk every night but now I'm upping that again too. I'm much more successful when I'm mix jogging, walking and at least two bike rides a week.

I know this is all about me but I haven't had a chance to read through the personals. Kinda hectic day at work that made me want to yell out very bad things. I kept the tourettes syndrome to myself and I hope that burned a few calories as well! Wish me luck on that sclae tomorrow morning and hopefully I can move that ticker down again!!!!

Hi to EVERYONE I hope you're all well!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:08 AM   #84  
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

Has anyone read the story in the Women's Weekly. They call 2 of the days of the week "accerleration days" which is basically the same menu as the take off but you get unlimited veggies, but it says to have a whole cantaloupe for the day and I was doing only a half a day. Maybe that was the problem why I wasn't really "flushing my system out". Then the other 2 days was just following the regular plan, I can't imagine doing take off for 2 days every week is that what the 8 week makeover is all about?
Have a great Wednesday everyone.
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #85  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Good Wednesday Morning All! The scale has finally moved for me and I am taking it. Hope to see the same results at COD later this a.m. Looks like giving up those diet drinks paid off (for me anyway).

Hope everyone is doing well and POP today. GL on the exam Cassie. Stay Safe Dan.

Baby Deer is still doing good. Our Lab thinks its her responsibility to take care of it. I just wish she could nurse him. LOL

I have got to go and get that article in the Womens Weekly or is it Womans World? or both?

Not much else going on. See everyone later.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:52 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Yay Amy! Glad the scale moved for ya! I know thats frustrating!!

I made it through yesterday, 2 whole days POP!

Good morning everybody else, have an absolutely amazing day!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #87  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim0303 View Post
Woman's World August 28th issue - Cover says "Carb-Cycling Turbo Diet". This is LAWL folks and the diet is a LA program. Interesting. Of course I haven't been on the program long enough to know the difference between what I am doing and the one in the magazine. Check it out. Interesting and encouraging.
Wow, Thanks for the info. I usually read that magazine all the time, and I havent picked up a copy lately.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:46 AM   #88  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Morning Morning Morning!
It is impossible to cathc up when absent for a few days.. okay maybe a week or two for me.
It has been crazy busy with the girls and getting ready for my fall classes so I've been MIA in a big way! I am alive and somewhat kicking! I'm back and forth on maintenance about 3-4 lbs, right now is TOM so on the UP end of the scale. I haven't been journalling but I plan to once we pass our last long weekend of the summer Labour Day. I am actually really looking forward to getting back on track 100% as I feel best when I'm doing that. DH and I have our 10th wedding anniversary on Tuesday and my birthday the Wednesday and then our best friends here for the long weekend so despite my best intentions.. it just aint' gonna happen! So my girlfriend and I who is also on LAWL are going to start on September 4 and be POP until September 22 when we have a 40th bday party to go to. That means I am going to write EVERYTHING down. I've also signed up for two exercise classes in September to see if I can iron out some of these lovely skin wrinkles!
This is totally from memory, please bear in mind how much I had to read but:
Alannah way to go on the house, Pearl great job on pop only at the show, Joni extra special hug to you and my nephew Charlie, Lea Ann great job on the job, Felicia hope your daughter is better, to all the losers congrats on ANY losses you've had.. remember the ounces add up! Nicole your own company?? Kim2.. your own blog page.. you are such a superstar..send me an autographed photo! Cassi congrats on doing so well at school!
Hi to everyone else.. I'll catch up at some point!
Angie did you start the new plan in Brampton? Our centre has NO idea what's going on.. they are frustrated as it's being advertised all over here and they don't even have/know what the new plan is.. I know more from this board than all staff combined!

Have a great day everyone.. feel free to jump on the 18 day POP if you dare challenge with me!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #89  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang.... Fire activity is low and we're getting ready for our daily activities... It's been fun here, but I'm READY to come home...

I've been as good as I can be, diet-wise, but it hasn't always been possible.. My options might be getting better, however, as our current caterer is being sent home early and a more experienced, better outfit has arrived to take over. There were a couple of guys from the current caterer who were arrested the other night, so when one member of a team screws up, the entire team gets sent home.. I know it doesn't sound fair, but there are reasons..

Hope you're all doing well!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:19 AM   #90  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

So good to see you, dear friend, Kristen
Dan.....glad you are safe and all is going ok.
Amy....glad your sclae moved down.

I declare today a most excellent WI day.

My stinkin sclae is definitley possesed. It weighed me in at 203.6 yesterday, and 197.6 today. LOL. Maybe I'd better check the batteries, eh? Anyway.....it stayed 197.6 several times in a row......so I am counting it. It is amazing how the numbers (I think of lost everytime) can alter my mood. This is exactly why I am campaigning for a NO SCLAE CHALLENGE starting on Tuesday morning. It will last from Tuesday morning until Monday morning. It is only 6 days, and we can ALL do that....I think If anyone is interested, I am going to start on new thread on Monday with my WI. If I forget, anyone else feel free to start the thread

Ok, I am getting pretty excited. I started the bare bones of my website yesterday. It is www.nicolemassie.com. I know.....kind of boring, but it will do. I do not have a product catalog yet, as I need to get my butt busy sewing. I expect to have a few things on there this week. I did get to the fabric store last night, and I spent three hours there. I was like a kid in a candy shop. I rarely go anywhere without my kids..and it was such a treat. I sat and dreamed away. I also realized that I need to come up with my own designs if I want to put my names on them.......so today I am going to draw up some designs and patterns and see if I can at least get a bonnet made. I did purchase some patterns for some basic sizing info, but I am going to have to draw up my own patterns I am afraid.

Ok, ODD is waiting for me to make her some pancakes that I cannot eat.....so I am off. I will check back soon.

Jillian.......is this the week you will break the 40 lb mark?

Joni.........you ok?
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote