Old 08-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #46  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hey Rooster Jason!!! So good of you to stop by. By all means go to your COD and jump back on the program. It's apparently changed quite a bit so the change may be refreshing for you. I haven't seen the new program myself, but I sure hope 1 beer still equals a starch!

Hi Cassi, Chiquita, Katy, Katie, Allanah, Jillian, Angie...

Pearl - just having a Diet Pepsi at a movie would be a huge NSV for me too!

Liz - great NSV with resisting the pancake on a stick AND walking with the kids...Dan will be proud, proud, proud! Try and resist those kids meals...they are a big weakness for me, and the fries are providing very little nutrition for you!

Renee - I loved your line about chocolate vs prison food! I've been having some chocolate binges myself the last couple days and need to put a stop to it!

Tina - hey ms. slim.....I laughed...a Scabble tournament on ESPN??? I guess I need to pay closer attention to the sports channels. I would have watched that in a heartbeat!

Kim D (TN) - great article....I learned even more about you and the before/after pics in the blog are amazing too.

Felicia - glad to hear they didn't diagnose pneumonia for your DD. Hope you both sleep better tonight! And although I live in the south, grits are gross to me, no matter what you do to them.....

Nicole - sounds like you've got things in the works for your business. Even learning the web stuff and the business aspects are great things to know about in this day and age. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

Night all...
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #47  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Joni- I skimmed through the end of last weeks thread and just wanted to let you know that the gold2 plan I sent you is exactly what I have for my plan2 book, same portions and everything, so you are on the right plan.

Katie- I am guessing the huckleberry crop boomed up around Glacier park. Our next door neighbors went camping for 2 weeks up in that area and brought us some huckleberries ($40 a gallon) and flathead cherries. Tomorrow we are traveling over the mountains to Grand Junction where we lived for 6 years before going to Montana and they are famous for Palisade peaches, Olathe sweet corn, and there's probably 10 winery's over there too. YUM!!!! So we are bringing some of that back home for them.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #48  

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone!! Just thought I'd check in real quick. I had a nice surprise at WI today...I was down 2 lbs!!! Not sure how that happened, since I didn't do anything different, but I'll take it! So, keep in mind that you can still lose even in Maintenance!!

Yummy! Grits! Haven't had them in a while because I must have mine with enough butter to make them turn yellow. And, I also don't care too much for sweet grits. Yuck!!

Nicole - You're starting your own business?!? How awesome! I wish I had some creative skills I could use to do something like that, but I don't really have a creative bone in my body!! When I was younger, my Grandma taught me to crochet, but I found it boring and only made it through one afghan that was big enough for my baby doll!

Kim - That is great about the blog! You are looking good, girl.

Okay, must go get some rest. Hope everyone is well! Anyone heard from Kristen lately??? I haven't seen her pop on the last few times I "lurked".
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:58 PM   #49  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
I haven't been POP at all, was a very stressful week last week, which ended with a depressing Friday with one of my furkids... Anyway, didn't eat much Friday, or Saturday, then decided since I didn't have much of an appetite anyway, to do a TO with Knudsen's juice Sunday and Monday. According to COD, lost 2.2 as of this morning. Will see what happens on Wednesday morning after I have one day back on POP. I need to look back thru, because I remember someone saying they did something different the few days following a TO, but since I didn’t plan on doing one, I didn’t pay much attention… But, I have reached my COD goal of 180, and still have 3 (or 4) weeks left. Will decide at the end how much more I really want to lose.

Later,
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:58 PM   #50  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Hey, guys! Thanks for the grits comments. Yes, I love mine salty, too. The garlic grits recipe is a great one. I used to make cheesy garlic grits with shrimp that was divine! I'll bet I can LA it and make it on plan.

About the butter, I'll tell you something funny. When my favorite counselor was introducing me to the new Feel Full plan, she said, "Oh, and butter spray is unlimited now." I said (half-joking), "Wasn't it always?" She laughed and said, "Me, too! In fact..." she stopped. "No, I'd better not tell you that." I said, "Let me guess, you sometimes take the lid off and pour it on something to make it taste really good?" She grinned and said, "Shhhh!!"

DD is sleeping right now, thank goodness. I have to get up extra-early tomorrow since we have a 7:15 faculty meeting!! Good night, all!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:00 PM   #51  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Evening all--so much to catch up so forgive me for not doing a good job but off the top of my head:
Nicole--congrats on taking the leap--can't wait til it's up and running and you are selling like crazy
Felicia--poor DD--it's so hard on the mommies too
Kim--great blog--you are a star!
Deb--you deserve masses of compliments
Katie--take me for a drive in the mountains! it is so stinkin hot here right now--we are miserable
Jason--welcome back--I never left and gained 12 pounds!
Cassi--HI!
Wendy--that's great
Joni--I am worn out--making a real job isn't for me--HAHA.

Enjoyed my first day back, made the change with the other teacher so I will be teaching sophomore english for sure. Angie--not sure what the reading list looks like just yet but I did get good news that I get to teach Julius Caesar so at least something will be familiar. Animal Farm and Inherit the Wind are possibilities--unfortunately I haven't read/or taught either of them. Then just regular other stuff, research paper, short stories, grammar--not my favorite but necessary for the state. Happy to say my room is at least 70% ready--good for me--I usually put it off as long as possible. The rest of the week is MEETINGS--ugh--but everyone at my new school was so incredibly nice so I am looking forward to it all getting started.

Hi to all I missed--so sorry--
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:27 PM   #52  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Quick one...

Cassi -- Good to see you, how is school going, and how is the part time catering gig?

Jason -- It's great to see you back! You're a good loser, so you'll catch up on lost time before you know it. Dan's away at a fire, but he'll be glad to see you back I bet.

Deb -- That's such a great feeling, when other people make comments like that. (Or so I remember from 5-6 years ago..lol).

Wendy -- Wow wee! You're doing so great, not just maintaining, but still losing. How closely do you track your eating now? Do you still journal everything?

Lea Ann -- I've never read either of those books, let me know how they are if they end up in your course.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:27 AM   #53  

Angie - Thanks! No, I quit journaling when I started Maintenance. I try to keep track of things in my head, but I must admit that I don't do the best job sometimes. I could be missing some exchanges here and there which could account for the 2 lb. drop. I've just been trying to listen to my body and only eat when I'm hungry.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:03 AM   #54  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Angie--will do--I've heard everything the old teacher (and most tenured--the one I switched jobs with) did all the picking and everyone hated that everything she insisted on was so depressing (I forgot Lord of the Flies)--anyway--we are hoping to make some changes since we are now a pretty young department--want to bring in some newer/different reading for the kids. We'll see--whatever it is I am sure Mr. Cliff (as in Cliff's Notes) will be my new best friend for a while!! The internet is insane--I couldn't believe the information out there--I used to pay good money for story/chapter summaries--lol.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:43 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back Jason!!!

I'm gonna pat myself on the back, I had a totally and completely POP day yesterday, not a lick or nibble of anything not on plan. Its been a LONG time since I've been able to say that! The game plan here is to try to do it the rest of the week just to prove to myself that I can! LOL
When I first started LAWL I never cheated, not for months, not even a BLT. Once you start letting yourself, it just gets easier to say awww one bite wont hurt me! Well one bite several times a day all week long can hurt us. It adds up to if not weight gain, at least bad eating habits creeping back in and thats what got me in the shape I was in to begin with.
Soooo heres to a POP day everybody! I've never done Weight Watchers but something on a commercial stuck with me this morning something like......"Become and after, STAY an after"!

:waving: Hi Wendy you little tiny thang!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:26 AM   #56  
Val

Good morning all!

I took some time off last week and went and watched the LPGA. Man can those girls hit a ball - as my sister says, they actually play golf, not the other game. Now back at the grind, found my desk again yesterday, so hopefully will now have some time to spend with you all again. Needless to say, I haven't managed to keep up with the goings' on here, so I'm just going to shout out a big hello to everyone, new and old.

Hope everyone is POP for the remainder of the week.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:55 AM   #57  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

I am thinking about starting a no sclae challenge......any takers? My sclae is being a total bit*h......and I just can't take it anymore!!!

Good to see you Wendy, Jason, Deb......

Joni.....dying to know how your day went yesterday. I hope all is well. How is Charlie?

Lea Ann.......a younger English department is GOOD I have had some fine older teachers in my life........very fine..........but change is often good. I am so happy for you. I know it is stressful.....but I can tell you shine under these conditions

Cassi.........what up? LOL. Good to see you!

Hi Angie, Felicia, Stepanie, Liza, Val, ummmmmmm, this is my feeble attempt at personals without using word.....LOL.

Ok, busy day today.........DS has school (I will have to post a pic of him later......he is just too cute), I have a fabric store trip planned this afternoon, I have to put a coat of paint on some cupboard doors that I am finally deciding to finish (our remodel is on hold due to lack of funds.......so I am making do for now), laundry, clean the boys room, and maybe make a batch of jelly. I am sure I am forgetting important other things, but thanks for listening to my endless chatter while I plan my day on the fly here

Hey, where is heck is Lettie?

Ok, time to get crackin.......I will check in soon
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:14 AM   #58  
Katy66

Good Morning everyone! Had a close to POP day yesterday. I wasn't good about journaling and then I lost track. I actually might have missed a starch. I've been trying to avoid the scale since our extra long weekend but had to do a BNWI this am. It is showing down 3, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will stick until my official WI on Friday at the COD.

Hey Jillian, Cassie, Joni, Angie, and Nicole!

Deb - Congrats on all the compliments, doesn't it feel great to say "Look at me know?"

Kim - Love the blog and I know exactly what you mean about one taste of something making it easier to continue nibbling.

Wendy - good to hear from you.

Felicia - love shrimp and grits...please share the recipe when you get that LAWL'd. Oh and glad to hear the DD is sleeping. They are so pitiful when they don't feel well. Rest is the best thing, for both of you

Hi Jason, welcome back.

Better run and get some work done. Have a great day
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #59  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

GM all. Had a POP day yesterday, but still haven't seen any results on the scale. Dropped the diet drinks for now. I think that is what was making me so tired and hungry. I will see if that works

Kim congratulations on the Spotlight. You worked hard for it and you look great. We might start to see your pics up in all the centers soon and we can say, Hey, we know her!

Went back to the COD yesterday and scale was up .2 oz from last week. I wasn't happy about it, but totally my fault. I am suppose to start stabalization this week, but how can I? The scale has not cooperated in several weeks so I am behind. Do I fake my log-ins or what? Any suggestions on how to handle this? The Diary actually states "you CAN have unlimited vegetables this week". Does that mean I have to or should? Anybody? I'm not ready for that yet. But dont' have an explanation for the COD as to why I haven't added anything.

Nicole - I thought about the No Scale Challenge when you brought it up before, but to be honest, I don't think I can. That is pretty scary to me. Even if I could put mine up at home, there is still the one at the center and I have to know how I am doing. What if we did a No Home Scale Challenge? I could probably handle that. Or a Once a week weigh in challenge? Baby Steps, Baby Steps. LOL
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:39 AM   #60  
New mommy again :-)

Okay, I thought I had all of my comments in my head, but they're gone

Nicole - Get crackin' on those dresses. Oh, do you think you'll do holiday dresses? Or at least one for my DD? Holiday dresses would be a HUGE hit!

Deb - Soak up all of those great comments...you deserve every one!

Joni - I didn't make it up...really...check this out http://school.scrabble-assoc.com/mai...?id=44&sid=176

Wendy - your wasting away! (I mean that in a good way)

Kim - I tried to put a comment on your blog, but I just couldn't get it to work...but a huge CONGRATS to you!!! Like Nicole said, we are very proud of you!

LeaAnn - you can come to PA to cool off...it's about 59 here right now with a high of 61 today..bbrrrrrr
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote