Old 08-22-2007, 08:51 PM   #136  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,

Been a busy few days here. Work tomorrow, then off friday and I signed up to work all day 1-9 on saturday. They needed the help and I want the time to bank. I'll also be working labor day and get triple time that day where it's a holiday so that's coming up in another week too. I go back to training for a week again on monday.

Financing came back all approved and ready to go for the house and now just the inspection on friday afternoon. Hopefully that goes ok. It's only 5 years old so I don't expect any real problems.

Kim #3 - I haven't signed up for the Mary kay yet but I am seriously thinking about it after the new year when things die down a bit. I would be on the team of a friend (and ex relative) so at least I would know someone to show me the ropes. I just can't commit right now with all the changes in work and also the potential closing on the house and moving this fall.

I also have my realtor trying desperately to get me to take the realtor courses and get my license. I would love to but I have to save some $$ first so I have a buffer until I would sell my first couple of homes. They do a mentoring program at her company and it works out really well and I would work with her. She has been after me for a few years now. I may take the course next year as I can do that on weekends and still work full time. The tuition I get to claim on taxes too. Hopefully I can figure out a way to do it as I would love to get away from the call center atmosphere. I don't mind it most days but sometimes it can be really difficult.

Have a good night everyone and a great day on thursday!!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:03 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Well, I was hoping to go back to lawl and jump back on the program. However, it ain't gonna happen...I'm leaving in 3 weeks for 2 months on a military leadership course, so by the time i get back my plan will pretty much be done. I guess it's definately time to apply what I've learned during the months I actually stuck to it. Let me see if i got it right:

a. Increase exercise
b. Cut back on beer
c. Limit my contribution to the demise of our feathered friends (limit chicken wing intake for those who don't know me)

Following those 3 alone should get me where I want!
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:29 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

LOL Jason that about covers it! Now you just gotta do it :-)

Kim #3-after church would be fine with me, wanna try doing lunch? We'll all promise to get something OP! LOL

Carrie-I cant imagine the scare but glad everything is ok, keep us informed please.
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #139  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey Jason.. Good to see you!

Things are going well up here.. another quiet day.. I got my demobilization orders.. I leave camp around 4 on Saturday, which will give me time to get some work done in the morning and then pack my crap in the afternoon and get my paperwork done. I'll spend the night in Boise and then fly outta here on Sunday at 7:30 a.m....

Dinner tonight was baked ziti with italian sausage.. I didn't really eat much at lunch today, as we were on the road.. Had my fruit and some nuts... So I had no real choice other than to eat the ziti and, yes, the sausage... I feel like crap now...

Anyway, I'll talk to you soon... Oh, and Joni.. Ha Ha Ha...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:35 AM   #140  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Joni-
so funny!

Tina-people better be noticing! You are doing so awesome!

Carrie-that is SO scary. I am so glad that things are ok. She is almost there...sometimes you never know during pregnancy. I haven't gone through it yet, but seems like everyone around me is preggers these days and it is always scary when anything abnormal happens. I'm so glad she was able to get to her car to get help!!!

LETTIE! There you are! So glad to see you on here. I will be keeping fingers crossed for DD! I know things will fall into place for you very soon.

Amy-congrats on stabilization! Must feel awesome.

Felicia- I cannot even begin to imagine dealing with parents on a level like that. I was a tutor in a bilingual classroom for 4 during college in san diego. Our parents were always extremely appreciative bc they were thrilled that their kids were able to communicate in both languages with their teachers. I seriously would not know what to do if a parent was on my doorstep. People just lose their tact when it comes to certain things. I'm so glad you don't let people walk all over you! YOu sound like such a cool teacher! CONGRATS on your afterschool w/i loss! AMAZING!

ok, i'm off to join the biggest loser exercise challenge!

katy, dan, liz, liza (love your prevention models!), kristen, all of the kims, heather, pearl, HI!!!!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:36 AM   #141  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

AND MAMA NICOLE!! at this point i can't wait for the no scale challenge....this no movement/gaining is getting old!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:19 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

I missed a whole bunch of posts. But I wanted to pop in and say hi. I had no internet for a few days, and now I'm back to stupid slow dial up (temporarily). AACCKK!! I guess you sometimes don't appreciate things until they are gone. So, in an effort to save myself some aggravation, I won't be able to go back to the past four pages, but I will try to keep up now.

Hope everyone has a great POP day!! to all those who are going to WI today. Hope the scale is good to you!

dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:40 AM   #143  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

GM all. Here's to another POP day. Is it Thursday already?

Felicia - My mouth just dropped at the audacity of those parents. I'm like Liza, they would have learned that Teachers can use some colorful 4 letter words. You handled yourself so well though. Congrats on your tactfulness.

Nicole- I'm practicing for the No Scale Challenge. I didn't get on mine this morning. And I wanted to soooooo bad since I had a good loss yesterday. I also just remembered I have that trip to ABQ next week and won't be at the COD, so I may go over a week w/o weighing in. Yeah right. When are we going to start that anyway?

Anybody know where JulieMarie is again?
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:38 AM   #144  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Kims #2 and #3 - Lunch Sunday would be awesome! I like Ruby Tuesday's salad bar and turkey mini burgers. Do you guys like Ruby's? I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to meet you guys! Such a small world, isn't it?
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #145  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Good morning everyone!!!

I am going to try to do a few personals, but YDS is being quite demanding this a.m., so no clue where this will end…….lol.

Liz…..I know, the whole confidence thing. I think experts call it, “the fear of success,” which seems like a contradiction, but it really is the truth. We tell ourselves we are nervous about failing, but the truth is, it is just the opposite. I think you should go for it.

Katy……I love my sugar free fat free pistachio pudding. Some days that is the only thing that can keep me on the straight and narrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquita623 View Post
Nicole - are you going to make baby quilts/blankets? My daughter is expecting in February (not sure if it will be a blue or pink bundle yet) and if you make blankets I'll be interested in one. I checked out your website and it's awesome!! I'll be sure to add it to my favs.
Lauri……yeah…….actually, I am thinking about putting at least one type of blankie on my site. I always make a double sided flannel quilt for each baby that is born into the family. I will have to take a picture of DS’s blankie later. They all have a nice wide satin binding that make them extra special. Thanks for the idea……you guys are the best.

Carrie……..your poor DD and family. That must have been so awful and scary for all of you. The next month or so is going to be sooo long for DD, and really, for all of you. We are all crossing our fingers for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni135 View Post
Dan - . Was it for a-SALT and battery??
Joni…….LOVE IT!!!! How are you and Charlie?

Kristen……….I can’t even believe it is almost 100 lbs for you. What an accomplishment!!! WHOOOHOOOO!!!

Hey Pearl…….how’s it going?

Kim #3…….I put the link to my website in my signature right after my name. Thanks for asking. I am so with you on the sclae thing!!!

Felicia……..and just imagine…..these self centered people are raising children!!!!

Alannah……….congrats on financing go through!!! This can be such a nerve wracking time. I am excited for you. I have a girlfriend who became a realtor this year. She is doing soooo well. I would love to check into that as well……but it takes a decent amount of $$$ to start that here. You should PM Wendy about it……she works in a real estate office.

Jason……..you always crack me up. They can put your weeks on hold if you want……..but if you decide to do it on your own…..we are all here for you. Welcome back.

Kim #2…….congrats on getting back OP, or shall I say POP. It feels good, doesn’t it?

Aw, Dan……it’s just sausage………it will be ok………and now move on!

Amy no sclae challenge starts Monday after WI. It will run for 6 days. I will, or someone will start a new thread when it gets closer so we can all go crazy together!

Good to see you, Sherry.

Hey, where the heck IS JM? And Kim(phin)……Nashville Debbie….and…..and…….

TN Heather…….I am so jealous that you get to meet the two of the Kims!!!! Have a blast!!!

Ok, I am going to try to upload some pics. I started a baby bonnet last night……but I think it needs some adjustments. I will try to imbed two pictures on my next post…..one of the bonnet, and one of DS’s blankie.

Hi Tina

Ok, time to get the boys interested in something besides taking all the cushions off of my sofas.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #146  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning

Alannah - congrats on the new house - hope the inspection goes well

Kim #2 - read the blog/bio about you - now your a celebrity

Dan - I'm really impressed how youstay motivated while traveling - travel always throws me off-

Sherry- hope your computer problems get resolved soon - dial up can be so agrivating when your used th the faster service

Felicia - Kuddos to you for your patience - dealing with parents can be so challenging

Nicole - I saw your web page - looks like your on your way to starting your business - good luck!

Amy - good luch and congrats on stabilization!

Liza - Mexico vacation should be coming up! right?

Hi - Amylou, Kristen, Liz, Kay, Katie, Lauri, Heather, Joni , Heather115, and Karen.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers for DD and DGS. Everything seems to be fine, all contractions and bleeding has stopped and she is trying to just rest. She is such a busy bee that just laying around will be a challenge for her but she knows this is for the baby so she is trying really hard. Her co-workers at the hosipital were going to give her a shower tomorrow so they have cancelled it and a couple of the nurses she works with are gathering the gifts and bringing them to her instead. THey have been really great and have been checking on her regularly. She is a gynocology operating room nurse so she is friends with all the ob doctors so she is getting the best of care.

Yesterday was my first full day back to work since my surgery. It went okay, but had an atrocious headache all day. I spoke with the doctor last night because I thought my head was going to explode. I don't remember if I mentioned it or not, but when I came out of surgery I was nearly blind. I could see light/dark but everything was blurry for about a day and a half and slowly got better over the next two weeks. I still have to really work at it to see to read and have always had 20/15 vision so this really sucks. Doc thinks the headaches are due to stress on the eyes at work so had to get some glasses to see if it helps. So far so good this morning with the glasses, no headache yet. Doc thinks the vision problems could be a reaction from the meds given during surgery and hoping it continues to improve. We'll see.

Sorry for the long post.....Everyone have a great day!
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #147  
Post-Master

Carrie......don't apologize for your long post..........I mean......look who you are talking to....LOL

Ok, I am going to try to put these images on this post......
Well, for some reason, my webshots codes aren't working. I will put the bonnet picture in my profile now.....and maybe I can figure out webshots later.
XOXO
Old 08-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #148  
Post-Master

Hey, where are Katie and Angie?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #149  
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

Happy Thursday everyone! I haven't had a chance to read everyone's posts but I thought I would just say a quick hello. I didn't get a response regarding the women's weekly article so I asked COD today at my WI and she had no clue what I was talking about, but when I asked her about having the whole cantalope compared to 1/2 she didn't look surprised she just asked me how old the woman was because I guess if she was over 60 they suggest doing the whole cantaloupe because of the extra nutrients but never really gave me a clear answer and I just dropped it, but I might just try the whole cantaloupe one of these times to see if it works. Although it might throw my sugar way off since I am hyperglycemic and cantaloupe is full of sugar. Who knows, I won't know until I try.

Nicole- I can't wait until you get things in your catalog! I am always looking for little girl clothes. Have you thought about doing matching doll clothes? Would you be able to personalize the baby blankets with the baby's name and DOB on it?

I am so jealous some of you guys are able to meet, but I am so happy for you that is so great!!

Have a great day!!!!
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #150  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Kristen.....I am pretty sure ricotta cheese counts as a protein on LAWL, as long as it is part skim. I cannot recall at the moment what the amount is, but I will check next time I am in the kitchen.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is correct (as always!)

Vegetarian Proteins
Ricotta Cheese, part skim...1/2 cup
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote