3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Old 08-01-2007, 04:37 PM   #136
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

JM Great to see you!!! I actually teach the sign language and after doing it with both my own girls and now having taught for three years I can attest for many many moms that found it helpful! A lot of my students use it with children they have adopted and it really helps. I'll PM you a few easy to use books if you like.. keep up the great work.. you have adapted REALLY well!

we're proud of you!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:37 PM   #137
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Nicole-

I've started playing a CD of Asian lullabies at night-I think it helps somewhat. But she's still waking up halfway through the night and I don't know why.

Lynn-I have to laugh because one of the most common questions is how Josie's language developmen is coming. I also received her at 10 months-but I really don't think it's much of an issue for a baby who isn't talking yet. She learned her name really quick and the word NO (understand, she's still babbling). But yesterday my mom was talking to someone about my friend's little boy (also from Vietnam) who is 18 months and says quite a few words and repeats everything. And they were like "In English?". Too funny-uh, yeah. He's 18 months old and translating English to Vietnamese already
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #138
Let's try this again . .

Kristen-yes-I would like info about those books. I've heard the SL works really well. My neice who has Down's Syndrome still hasn't really started talking yet (she just turned 7) and they have taught her some SL at school. very helpful. I'll I really know is "more".

Since josie isn't talking yet-I would really like to know when she's hungry or thirsty. Real basic stuff that's helpful.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #139
New mommy again :-)

JM - The Baby Einstein videos are really good, too. It's not all about signing, but it teaches some basic signs. They're really entertaining for the babies, too...actually my 3yo still watches them

emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:53 PM   #140
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by smjezzy View Post
Kristen - Might I suggest just getting wedding bands tattoo'd on your fingers? That story's just weird!

OK Dan still not getting the cheese thing. Where do you get "all natural" cheese?

That basically means minimal processing with the addition of all kinds of additives and preservatives.. (ie) Kraft singles and stuff like that.. The cheese does tend to be a bit higher in fat, but it's better for you in the long run..

That's why we're not allowed to have cheese on our egg mcmuffins from Mickey D's.. the processed stuff is full of things that hinder our diets...

LAWL Goal - 105 lbs. (300-195) - OWNED!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #141
Let's try this again . .

Josie LOVES her baby einstein videos-but i haven't seen one that signs yet. She mainly like the music ones . . .
Old 08-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #142
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
That basically means minimal processing with the addition of all kinds of additives and preservatives.. (ie) Kraft singles and stuff like that.. The cheese does tend to be a bit higher in fat, but it's better for you in the long run..

That's why we're not allowed to have cheese on our egg mcmuffins from Mickey D's.. the processed stuff is full of things that hinder our diets...
So if I get cheese from the deli counter that's fine? I've been getting the pre-pkged reduced fat crap but I'd be a happy camper to go back to deli cheese.

Red without lites - March 2007
Plan 3 - November 2007
Plan 2 - January 2008

smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #143

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amy, That is great! I loved the blue plan. That half a protein for breakfast was perfect for me. It really isn't a LOT more food, but it is enough to see you through.

JulieMarie, I found some of the counselors were skeptical about exercise. One counselor actually advised me that I would lose faster if I didn't exercise very much! I considered that bad advice. Although perhaps the POUNDS would come off faster. The fat wouldn't. I'm bitter for you too, since that should have counted!

Kristen, that is just so weird how they both showed up at the same time like that! I'm so happy that you found both of them. Maybe you need yours sized down? I need to go and have the 20 year anniversary ring that my hubby bought me sized down, since I think my finger is about 2 sizes smaller than it used to be. I decided after 20 years, I deserved the diamond we couldn't afford when we got married. Both my sisters got really nice rings by getting divorced and remarried, and I told my husband it was just cheaper to get a new ring than a new wife. I also managed to get new knives and pots and pans and china using the same logic... LOL...

Liz, I haven't had more than a week off in years! and I've been here 12 years and don't think I've ever even taken a full 2 weeks off... I was going to take off 3 weeks, but let one of the project managers whine at me until I said I'd come back a couple of days early. They have worn me to a frazzle trying to get done everything that I should have gotten done if I hadn't taken vacation done early, and last week put in 54 hours... so now I REALLY need the vacation. I hate that their response to you want vacation was just to move all the deadlines 3 weeks early... I guess I'm bitter for myself too!

Dan, I had to stop reading about your sandwich... Roast beef sounds too dang good during the second day of TO.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #144
LAWL Salt Police

well, within reason.. Try to find part skim.. I love Boar's Head brand cheese as they contain little or no additives or preservatives.. And I'm sure you can find Boar's Head pretty easily in Austin.. Their web site has a store locator on it, I think.

There are also "natural" cheeses in the dairy case at the store as well. Just be sure to read and compare the ingredients.

LAWL Goal - 105 lbs. (300-195) - OWNED!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #145
Let's try this again . .

BarbaraB- We may go to the same COD (or at least the one I went to then-I don't bother anymore). I totally told them off and made them move me up a plan-I was walking an average of 15 hours a week for cryin out loud. And hit the gym too for about 3 hours . . .And yes-they don't get the exercise thing. They are more worried about the 2lbs/week than truly losing fat and inches.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #146
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Lot's of Boar's head here. I'm happy to go back to deli cheese. I actually don't even do cheese much anymore but when I do it will be nice to have some good stuff. Thanks

Red without lites - March 2007
Plan 3 - November 2007
Plan 2 - January 2008

smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #147
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Great News Kristen!!!

Happy to hear that both rings have been recovered. God works in mysterious ways. I am sure you must be absolutely thrilled. I am happy for you.

Inside this body is a skinny person screaming to get out ...
But I can usually shut her up with Chocolate
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #148
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

Hello everyone-
JM- I loved when my daycare(I had a babysitter that did it at home)wrote in a book the schedule of the day, I felt more involved in their life even when I am at work.
What did you eat for your 2 days of TO I have never lost that much weight I am lucky if I lose 2 or 3 lbs and gain back 2 of that. That is an awesome loss. Congrats.

Angie- Thanks for the tip.

Amy- That is great they changed your plan I hope that works out better for you. I was having the same problem so they changed my plan they didn't change my color but they added 1 Veg. 1/2 dairy and took 1 fruit away, and that seems to be working better for me. Good luck.

Sherrie- Thanks for the response I hope it moves at some point soon! Have fun camping!

Have a great night everyone.
Nanette

Last edited by bahamadream10; 08-01-2007 at 07:54 PM.
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #149

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

"Where is Kim? Both of them?"
:waving: I'm here Nicole! I started back to work this week, UGH!!! I cant believe its time to start back to school already! I spent the first part of my summer break recovering and right when I'm feeling great, its time to go back to work! Figures! LOL

WI this morning was good, moving on to my 3rd week of stabilization! So far my weight has stayed exactly the same. Sooo so far so good! I told them if I started gaining when they added food back, that I would stop eating, freaked them out! LOL They all yelled NOOOO dont do that!

WOW Kristen, I'm so glad you found your ring, both of them! Thats just too weird! Power of prayer!!!

JulieMarie!!! Welcome back sweetie!! Glad things are going so great with Josie!

Hello to everybody else!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:44 PM   #150
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Kim you hottie you.. what will everyone say at work when they see you?
WOWEE

Thanks for the well wishes on the ring.. I think I'm off to buy a lotto ticket now! hmm is that store near dairy queen??
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote