3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Old 08-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #91
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone. I've enjoyed catching up on all the posts from last night.

Nicole - good to hear from you. You are so lucky to have a garden. Before we moved we always had a huge veggie garden and I froze or canned EVERYTHING. The food is so much better tasting and better for you.

Pearl - what great ideas for potty training a boy. I'll pass them on to my niece who just had a baby boy. It will be a while before she needs it but nothing like preparing early.

Sherry - sorry I don't do goulash so I'm no help.

Liza - can't believe you agreed to do the chopper again. The crash you mentioned made the news all the way in NC. Very tragic. You be safe!

Talking about kids and weight, did anyone catch the show that Shaq did with the kids losing weight? I had never watched it until last night which was apparently the final show and then I only caught bits and pieces so I'm not sure at all about what went on to motivate the kids etc but they all had tremendous losses. They really focused on the fact that our schools are teaching kids to eat junk food serving things like corn dogs and fries, etc etc.

Finished up my TO yesterday so I really enjoyed my meal replacement and banana this am. I really missed my fruit

Have a great day!

Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:02 AM   #92
Katy66

Great post Katie - I think I've said most of those things at one time or another.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #93
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back Nicole. I'm envious of your cucumber crop. My earthbox is doing great but has slowed. My tomatoes looked really good but never turned red (had my first batch of fried green tomatoes), bell peppers are extremely tasty but small, jalepenos are slow to start and so far really small and my cucumbers are huge but that too is slowing. I only have one on the vine right now. I need to resize a picture but I had my son hold one of the cucumbers up to my dachshund and I swear it was almost as big! For some reason the dog wasn't impressed though <shrug>. I think I'm going to buy another box and have one for fruit. I really want some lemons and of course strawberries when they're time comes again and blueberries. I don't know if it's my imagination but everything tastes so much better when you pick it out of your yard(or earthbox)!

Thanks for that post Katie. Great stuff.

Another morning hit too soon. Are nights getting shorter? I know weekends are. I don't think there's enough caffeine in the building for me today.

Morning to everyone and have a fantastic day.

Red without lites - March 2007
Plan 3 - November 2007
Plan 2 - January 2008

smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:55 AM   #94
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Kati - I just read the same article on msn...thanks for sharing!

Nicole - Great to see you back! That is so sweet what your husband did for you. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? And I'm glad to hear that your DS is recovering well...except for the pooping...which, by the way, has become one of my DD's favorite words - poopie and peepee...oh, and butt. I'm trying to stop that without much success.

Katy - I didn't see that show, but it sounds like it was a good one.

On the topic of healthy kids...my DD learned in preschool yesterday the difference between a healthy food and an unhealthy food. So I was quizzing her on some foods last night and amazingly enough, at 3yo, she's learning really well! I'm so proud of her and so proud of the school for teaching the kids lessons in proper eating.

emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #95
LAWL Salt Police

Katie.. Thanks for posting that.. I needed to read that this morning.. I had a bout of the "What the ****'s" last night with ice cream.. Granted, it was fat free, no sugar added, but still... one spoonful quickly became 10... Dunno what the trigger was.. I've NEVER been a big ice cream eater in the first place.

Back on track today, dammit...

Liza - If you ever need some insight into wildfire, let me know...

For you salty snackers out there...

I've found a tasty alternative to chips.. "Glenny's" soy protein crisps..

Here's the rundown:
1.3 oz bag contains two servings. One serving contains:
70 calories
1g fat
170 mg of sodium (not TOO bad)
9g carbs
1.5 g dietary fiber
1g sugars
5g protein.
www.glennys.com

A small handful of these is a great substitute for chips or crackers with a sandwich!!

I wonder how these match up with LAWL soy snacks....

Have a great day all!

LAWL Goal - 105 lbs. (300-195) - OWNED!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:07 AM   #96
Amy

Hello Everyone,

I just started LA Weight Loss a week ago and am struggling with the hunger. I know I am supposed to be a little hungry because in order to lose weight you have to eat less calories then you burn, but how do you handle the hunger? Does the hunger get better after you have been on the plan for a while?

Thank you for your feedback - I have been lurking for a couple of days and you all seem like a very supportive group!! I hope I am posting this in the right spot....
LA Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #97
Let's try this again . .

Good morning everyone!

The discussion on letting other's watch your kids and also the one about how to instill a healthy attitude towards food in your kids is very interesting and helpful. I've been worrying about setting an example for Josie, and trying hard to feed her a varied, healthy diet. She eats practically anything-so that's been easy. Introduced her to edamame last night . . . .it was a hit!

So-2 days on FF netted a 9 lbs loss-all or most of it water I'm sure . . . no wonder I was in the bathroom every half hour. So far so good today too . . I just need a little momentum I think.

Glad to see you Nicole! Interesting poop story-hopefully that only happens with boys! So what kind of games for potty training can you do for girls?
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:16 AM   #98
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Amy, welcome!!!

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:21 AM   #99
New mommy again :-)

9 pounds JM...that's awesome! What a great start to get you motivated and back on plan!

emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #100
Let's try this again . .

Amy-the hunger problem does get better. In the meantime-eat fruit and veggies with high fiber to keep you feeling fuller-broccoli for example. Also-brown rice. Try sf jello in the evening to fill up also. That always works for me. Blueberries have a lot of fiber and a cup of blueberries looks like a lot so it take time to eat. Eat them one at a time, chilled. Maybe dip into ff cool whip.

Good luck!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #101
Let's try this again . .

Tina-yeah, it was tempting to continue on the FF meal plan-but I'm afraid I might get hungry and binge or something . . .

I mean-I had sashimi last night, chicken stir fy, killer salads with real dressing (cuz I can!) and hard boiled eggs. Wasn't too hard at all.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #102
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

JM......that little voice inside of you........listen to her....she is one smart mama.

After potty training many many children (my 5, plus 13 years of daycare kids), there is one thing I AM sure of..........this is something we, as parents cannot control.........we can quide and encourage......but this gig is all up to them. Luckily, all my kids are trained........but from what I have read about and heard, the poop withholding is mostly common in boys...........and can be very diffiicult. AND GROSS!!!!!!! LOL! We went through this several months ago.......and he had been fine for forever.........and then after his surgery, he went backwards. Oh well.........it's not the end of the world.....it's just gross.

And Pearl.......loved your game. See, I think boys are easier to train than girls, cuz they LOVE to aim their pee. I didn't do the toilet paper squares, but I did let my boys pee outside.........and most people would think that is bad.....I know I did before I had boys........but it worked out for us. I am not promoting it as potty training advice.........but I do think every kid is different and has to find their own way

Kaite.......good stuff......good stuff........thank you.

Ok, there are a ton more people I want to address, but I have to see if I can pull some pics off my camera so I can share.
XOXO

Official Ticker:

10/14/2013----game ON! 213
Weekly Losses with Official WI day on Mon:
Week 1 Oct 21: WI 210.4 Loss: 2.6 lbs.
Week 2 Oct 31: WI 209.4 Loss: 1.0 lbs.
Week 3 Nov 4: WI 208.8 Loss: 0.6 lbs. WW
Week 4 Nov 11: WI 208.2 Loss: 0.6 lbs.
Week 5 Nov 18: WI 203.2 Loss: 5 lbs
Week 6 Nov 25: WI
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:30 AM   #103
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I like FF a little too much too.........every now and then I think about taking a tiny LAWL break to do Atkins..........

Official Ticker:

10/14/2013----game ON! 213
Weekly Losses with Official WI day on Mon:
Week 1 Oct 21: WI 210.4 Loss: 2.6 lbs.
Week 2 Oct 31: WI 209.4 Loss: 1.0 lbs.
Week 3 Nov 4: WI 208.8 Loss: 0.6 lbs. WW
Week 4 Nov 11: WI 208.2 Loss: 0.6 lbs.
Week 5 Nov 18: WI 203.2 Loss: 5 lbs
Week 6 Nov 25: WI
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #104
Amy

Thank you JM and repo girl! I went on a little binge last night and am feeling guilty for it this morning because I am supposed to do my first week weigh in today.... I want to take this binge as a learning experience and try to avoid it in the future - but I think I need to come up with a "game plan" for when it strikes again...
LA Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #105
Katy66

JulieMarie - Other people have asked me about tips on potty training little girls and my response has always been I don't have any because they really did it all at her daycare. A wonderful lady named Tammy would take the kids who were "ready" into a smaller class, closer to the bathroom and within a week my child was potty trained. DD has only had 1 night time accident and just a few during the day which were more associated with her being too busy and waiting too late to head to the bathroom. The teacher did not recommend pull ups. Her belief was that once they could feel how yucky it felt to wet or poop in something that allowed it to touch their skin they are smart enough to stop. She also offered rewards when they used the potty. I think she used fruit loops...to eat not aim All that said, Nicole is right when the time is right for you DD it will happen.