Old 06-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 310/300/150

Height: 5'6"

Bizlawgirl,

I will have to try your pineapple shake. It sounds delicious.

Will be a way for me to use the vanilla shakes I got. I don't like the taste of them plain so maybe this will do the trick.

Love the bullet. I personally would be lost without it. So easy and quick. Much easier than dragging out a big heavy blender and the clean up is so much easier.

Diane
wahm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #32  
LAWL Salt Police

I'm getting to the point where I think I just may have to buy one of these things..

I did a bit of research on the Bella Cucina version and found this review on the Macy's site.. It was the only negative review.. The rest were gushing about how good it was...

Overall Rating: 1 out of 5

Returned, November 9, 2006
By ruthana from austin, texas (read all my reviews)

"Was very disappointed less than a week used,
the rubber inserts fell down, it wouldn't spin it chewed the rubber spindle and smoked.

Talked to two other people who had same type of problems, they gave theirs away.

I returned my with out a problem."
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:13 AM   #33  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

I lost the ebay auction I am heading to Wal-Mart today and will be the proud new owner of a MB this afternoon!

Start posting those yummy recipes!! I can't wait to make the smoothies with my LA Lites and the Tuna salad sounds yummy as well
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #34  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

You'll be in love with it Deb.

I actually used mine this morning for breakfast. N/F cheesecake yogurt blended with strawberries. Have to love the weekend idea of dessert for breakfast.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:27 PM   #35  
Debbie on LAWL

Yummy Megan!!! Anything that tastes like it's bad for me...I LOVE! LOL
Old 06-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #36  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

gotta tell you, my blender just died, and I have replaced it with a bullet and I am loving it. All I have used it for so far is smoothies, but it works great.

my daughter has the bella cucina (or whatever it is) - she got it as a wedding gift, says its almost the same thing and she loves hers to.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

here is one for your magic bullet, now hear me out before you all go ick! a friend of mine drinks what she calls a "green drink" every morning. it is supposed to get lots of good vitamins in in the morning, and give you and energy boost. She is not counting fruits and veggies so her version has alot of fruit in it, we would need to adjust it to plan, if any of us are brave enough to try. she takes a handful (for us I would count a cup=1 veg.) of greens- spinach, or kale or collard greens. anthing dark and leafy. I think I would go with spinach, and put it in the blender with some water and blend smooth, then add any fruit you want, you could put all your fruits for the day in there if you want. just whole. apple, pineapple, berries, bananas, peaches, etc. it is up to you, add enough water to make it drinkable. she says the fruit over powers the greens so you don't even taste it, you only taste fruit, and it is supposed to be really good for you. I guess it could get kinda ugly depending what color stuff you put in there, but it tastes better than it looks.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #38  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

sounds interesting lettie! i totally be down for trying it! i think you could even make your own version of V-8 too! i want a magic bullet!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #39  
Debbie on LAWL

I did it! I am now the proud owner of the MB!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #40  
Debbie on LAWL

Lettie - My boss has a juicer and every morning he makes a similar concotion. He uses Kale, Carrots and apples....looks nasty but he swears it isn't "that bad". LOL
Old 06-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #41  
Amy

Haha, I told the girls I work with and the one girl thought I was referring to the "toy" bullet... nudge nudge wink wink.

Mine should be arriving this week. I am MORE than excited!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #42  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Just a funny story. I live in Atlanta, GA and it's been hot and humid as all get out. My AC went out on Saturday morning and I'm dying; the AC folks called and will be here tomorrow between 9A and 11A. I told her not to come until 10 AM as I have an important 9 AM meeting (I didn't tell her it was at Macy's to pick up my Bella Cucina Rocket for $19.99). I'm a tuna fiend, so that will probably be my first attempt....

Here's some good ideas I read about (you'll have to figure out your exchanges)

My favorite is to take the big cup and fill it with one banana and the rest the frozen mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, strawberries) and a splash of apple juice or v8 splash and just turn it on and it comes out so good and a lot less calories than smoothies made with milk or yogurt.

Omelettes in there are pretty awesome too. They turn a bit of a funny color but it whips so much air into them that the omelettes come out super fluffy

Ingredients 1/2 banana, sliced 6 oz skim milk 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 tsp cinnamon 1/3 cup ice, crushed. Directions

Chop half a banana into slices, place in plastic baggy and freeze overnight. (Do the same with the other half and save for future shake. Trust me, there will be a future shake.)

Place half banana (now chopped and frozen) into blender. Add 1/3 cup ice, 6 ounces of skim milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
(Optional: Add 1 packet of Splenda for extra sweetness)
Pour mix into tall glass. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon on shake.

Creamy Coolslaw©
1/2 head of shredded cabbage OR 1 bag that is pre-shredded
1/4 cup of Splenda
2 Tablespoons of Skimmed Milk
1 shredded carrot
1/2 teaspoon of celery salt (go easy because it can make or break your recipe!)
1/2 cup of LIGHT Mayo
1 teaspoon of pineapple OR lemon juice

Place Mayo, Splenda, celery salt, lemon juice and milk into large Magic Bullet container. Whip in the Magic Bullet, then pour onto the cabbage and carrots. Mix until thoroughly incorporated. Chill.

Finally, this website seems to have a number of great ideas; just google "healthy Magic Bullet recipes" and you'll come up with more.

http://www.dietbites.com/Magic-Bulle...pes-index.html
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #43  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I do a yummy fruit sorbet. I simply take the fruit, toss it in, pulverize it, and toss the concotion in the freezer for an hour or so. That's dessert tonight.

It's my healthy alternative to a smoothie.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

you can also freeze the fruit and then blend it. and if you always add some frozen banana it makes it real smooth and creamy
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #45  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

ok, i'm totally getting one of these things. once i hit 40lbs. i would like to get one once i get to 30lbs, but i'm almost to that goal and want 40lbs more than ever....soooooo that's my reward for 40lbs!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote