Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Thanks... (but I said stop talking! I can't keep up!!!!)
Old 05-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #122  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

OK Cassi - don't read this until you have time....LOL...

Congratulations! The internship offer is great, it is nice to have connections! Oh, and aren't you the overachiever with the 103%!!!! We will have to put you on our honor roll!

Nicole - great picture! I love this one the best of all! 99 luftballoons! (just popped into my head, sorry)

Day 2 TO going well. I sneaked a sclae peek this AM, but I'm not posting anything until tomorrow. Had a great time at my golf league, it was nice to see all of my summertime friends - but it rained on us for a little while. Of course it is sunny and beautiful today... ain't that always the way.... I am going to make myself go to the gym tonight.....If I write it here, I has to be done!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #123  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Cassi it just keeps getting better and better for you. Way to go and I'm happy you already have opportunities lined up and JUST started school. You'rethewoman.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:26 PM   #124  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I need to vent.

I just finished up a meeting and one of the other managers pulled me aside and said she needed to tell me about a rumour she'd heard about me.

"I heard you are pregnant" she whispers.

Really you stupid *(*&%# cow? So what you're saying is that I'm still fat enough to be mistaken for early pregnancy. Great, glad you thought I needed to hear that.

Okay, so if I'm not pregnant, is she too stupid to realize that would hurt my feelings..whether it made me think people thought I was fat, or whether it was because she knows I've struggled with infertility?

I'm sure it's her who thought that, and this was her way of trying to get me to share.

I'm just so shaken by hearing that, I'm sitting here on the verge of tears. I know I'm overreacting, and maybe I'm hyper sensititve, but it still seems a stupid thing to 'share' in my mind.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #125  
LAWL since 9/06

OK, Ya'll need to back off of my man!! Doesn't he look great.

Angie - I hate it when people do that. I never go up to someone and ask them stuff like that. It's rude.

Katiebug - You look so beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures. I have never been to Jamaica so have to live through your experience. LOL

JM - Josie is beautiful. You must be so proud. I know I am. It is always a good feeling to be a mom. I can remember holding my babies for the first time. What a joyful experience. I love her giggle too.

Must get back to work. Catch you all later.

Liz
Old 05-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #126  
Kim - IP 9/10

Angie - Well, now I am Pi$$ed off FOR you! I hate people like that.... Why would anyone EVER say something like that to anyone? It brings out a side of me that I dislike. I would have served her right if you had said that you just miscarried.

I'm sorry that she upset you, but please realize that you have done great on this weightloss thing!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:43 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Kim – Hope TO brings you all you hope for. It’s nice to be rewarded when we sacrifice! Golf league sounds like fun. As for the 103, I was shocked. I haven’t taken any test in at least 10 years so that was cool!

Shannon – Thanks! I’m so excited right now. I’m definitely working my butt off in school (I’m studying 1-2hrs every night), but I’m really hoping things will just work out so that I can eventually quit the legal field and concentrate on my cooking.

Angie – WTF??? Is this co-worker overweight? Is she generally insensitive or just downright mean? She could be trying to make herself feel better. If that’s not the case, have your co-workers noticed a change in your eating patterns? Maybe she thinks the healthy eating is because you’d be eating for two? Or do you not go out for drinks after work now that you’re on LAWL? Maybe that’s where she got it from? I know there can be a bunch of reasons, but you could just tell her, really loudly so anyone around could hear, “No, I’m not pregnant, I’m just fat.” And say it without any shame. That would probably embarrass her. Or, if you want to be mean, you could add, “But I’m losing my weight, you’ll still be a b#@#%”. Sorry, couldn’t resist that last part. J Feel better!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #128  
LAWL since 2/07

Angie - I'm so sorry for that. I hate that some people are so rude and insensitive. My evil side says Karma's a bio*ch. In the immortal words of Justin Timberlake "What goes around comes around". : )

keep your head high
Old 05-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #129  
LAWL since 2/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
Or, if you want to be mean, you could add, “But I’m losing my weight, you’ll still be a b#@#%”. Sorry, couldn’t resist that last part. Feel better! [/FONT]

Amen!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #130  
Kim - IP 9/10

Good one Cassi!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:04 PM   #131  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hey Liz - You've got yourself a good man, and he knows he's got it good right there on the homefront. You're a wonderful team. Have no worries; we're just a bunch of harmless souls out here and you know it's nice to get a guys perspective on things from time to time.

Angie - sorry your manager is such a dumb ***. Cassi hit the nail on the head and I hope you find a way to confront this manager and what she said to you. Don't let her stupidity eat at you.

Personally, I follow this rule: "You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she is pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment."
Old 05-02-2007, 04:05 PM   #132  

Height: 5'2"

Wow, Angie! What a biotch! I don't know why she felt she had to "share" that. Obviously, if you WERE PG, you'd eventually announce it. Anyone with common decency knows that you NEVER ask a woman if she's PG.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #133  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyW View Post
OK, Ya'll need to back off of my man!! Doesn't he look great.
You girls are cracking me up today.

Thank you all for your kind words about my trip and my avatar. I am going to try to add a couple of pics of the fam to my weshots in a bit. I am still trying to figure out how to use that site efficiently. I just hate wasting time.

Katie (original) (loved that one Cassi)..........Now I am going to have to go get that movie for the weekend....LOL.

Angie..........she's an ***.

Good to see you, Cassi

Kim......LOL about the 99 luft balloons......I see you are a song burst girl too I guess I didn't realize you were doing TO also.......we are on the same page, huh? For every pound you lose, I will lose one too, and you do the same, ok? cool. alright.....back to work
XOXO
Old 05-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #134  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

angie--what a stupid, ignorant, insensitive comment. there's no excuse for people who say stuff like that and think it's ok. don't let a b!tch like that get to you.
i'm a FIRM believer in karma, so she'll get repaid for what she said.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #135  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I just had a friend of mine join me on LAWL! Of course, she has like 15 pounds to lose compared to my 55...but that's okay. She's been calling other places, like Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem...etc...so finally I said...ok, come to my office. So I took out the plan book and shared it with her and she's all for it. She yelled at me for not telling her that I was on LAWL sooner, but I'm not one for sharing my weight loss with anyone...except for you guys So I'm gonna try to help her lose her, as she calls it, 15 happy pounds. She's newly seeing someone and gained the weight from being too comfortable with her newfound love life. I'm not sure I want to share you guys with her, though. Only because this is kinda like my "getaway"...ya know?
Closed Thread