Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #46  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hey guys-I got up at 4 am this morning-which is actually the latest I've slept since I've been here-and am killing time waiting for Josie! So-I thought I'd pop in here for a sec.

The jet lag finally came to a head for me last nite-yesterday afternoon I realized I had only slept about 13 hours since leaving Portland last Friday morning. I keep staying up all day (no naps!) thinking i'll be able sleep a full nite's sleep, only to wake up after 5 hours at most. So-the first morning i got up at 1am, 3am the next day, and 4 am this morning. I did finally sleep a full 8 hours last nite though-thank goodness. Who knows what my sleep schedule will be from now on . . .

So in about 4 hours I will have my little girl . . .she's bring brought to the hotel this morning at about 9am (that's 7pm tues nite, pacific time).

I hope you are all doing well-forgive me for not perusing the posts to catch up . . .
Old 05-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #47  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Of course I just posted to the April thread...duh!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #48  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yahooooo! So great to hear from you JM! I hope that your "Gotcha" moment is filled with magic that you will never forget!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:51 PM   #49  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Ditto!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #50  
Let's try this again . .

Thanks guys! I just finished my first pot of french-pressed coffee and am considering making another . . . .by the time Josie gets here I will be talking 1000wpm . . .

So-keep me distracted! Jokes, anything! Anything you want to ask about Vietnam?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #51  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

so excited for you JM!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:08 PM   #52  
WonderWoman

what types of foods have you been eating over there? anything interesting or weird?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #53  
Let's try this again . .

Nothing weird yet . . .I've had some yummy noodle/meat/veggie dishes, fish Galanga (steamed in banana leaves), Vietnamese beer (nothing to write home about), Udon/prawns/chili sauce . . .we have some fruit here that I haven't tried yet-it looks like a cross between a lime and an orange.

BTW-they do eat dog here-another family posted this horrible picture of a pile of skinned (and cooked?) dogs on their blog. I about hurled!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:14 PM   #54  
Let's try this again . .

So-how many ounces of dog meat do you think one could eat on plan? Anyone want to ask the COD?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #55  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie View Post
Nothing weird yet . . .I've had some yummy noodle/meat/veggie dishes, fish Galanga (steamed in banana leaves), Vietnamese beer (nothing to write home about), Udon/prawns/chili sauce . . .we have some fruit here that I haven't tried yet-it looks like a cross between a lime and an orange.

BTW-they do eat dog here-another family posted this horrible picture of a pile of skinned (and cooked?) dogs on their blog. I about hurled!

omg..no wonder i'm a vegetarian! how sad!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
Sorry for the double post, but I had to mention....

The "Year of Music" continues today, with the release of Rush's new CD - "Snakes and Arrows"...

For old time Rush fans, it's a celebration of retrospection with an eye on the future. New sounds blended with old, resulting in one of their most mature efforts.

For potential Rush fans, the mix of textures and complex blending of sounds is a feast for the senses... Straight forward rock, mixed with acoustic jams, a hint of blues and good old fashioned "Prog"... You will understand why Geddy, Alex and Neil are considered true masters of their instruments.

I dare you not to enjoy it...

http://www.rush.com
A good old Canadian band! You know, I was never a big Rush fan...I do like the songs I hear, but never bought an album yet. I did hear their new single (can't remember name), and it was really great...definately had a modern edge to it. Now, if you want to hear an awesome Canadian band from Newfoundland, try Great Big Sea. I'm partial to them because I'm from Newfoudland, but I can guarantee you wouldn't be able to sit still at one of their concerts.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:01 PM   #57  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oooooh dog meat. Can you even imagine? JM, I read on your blog that you cannot even open your mouth in the shower for fear of their water. What is the big problem with the water?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #58  
Let's try this again . .

Katie-I think it's similar to water issues in Mexico-there are bacteria in the water. Most folks end up with at least one bout of GI issues while they're here-it's impossible to not have any contact with the tap water in some form. That's why we're told to stay away from the street vendors-even though when it's hot-a bag of cut up pineapple sure looks good.

just being careful-I have a baby to take care of-don't have time to be sick!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #59  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Julie - so good to see you chatting just hours before Josie's arrival. When they bring her to the hotel, is that for good, or does it start with just visits? I cannot even imagine how you must feel at this moment.
Your hotel views look quite nice, but I, too, could do without all the traffic. I always forget how crowded other countries are. Makes me appreciate our crazy country all the more.
Here's to a healthy stay in Hanoi.
I'm watching American Idol right now (I'm 11 hours behind you here in Atlanta so it's only 8:55 PM)...Bon Jovi is the featured artist. Some of the underdogs are really shining tonight. Melinda is still my favorite...she'll get my vote tonight; maybe Jordin too. Heck, they really all were good.
Can't wait to see current pictures of the newest "Chick" (aka Josie)....tell mom we want to see her picture too!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:58 PM   #60  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Oh, you can only imagine my horror at the dog meat reference. I may have to join Jillian and go vegetarian one of these days. I hate it when I actually stop and think where my yummy burger, steak, etc. come from.
Closed Thread