Old 03-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #1006  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

OK... scale is up 1lb. Not bad considering the last two days! To answer the questions, TOQ is actually not worse at all. Lasts the same or less and usually the symptoms aren't so bad. Very little cramps, maybe one day of "the hungries", no big deal at all. And... best part... it only happens every 12 weeks!!! But this time for some reason just kicked my a$$. And I'm not even starting the placebo pills until Sunday. But it's out of my system now. Onward and downward, right?
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #1007  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Right!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:31 PM   #1008  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

WendyII.........yeah, I rewarded myself alright.......I had CC pizza for lunch. Between taking all this time to clean, and having the kids home for spring break, who has time to cook. Also, my bad attitude demanded pizza. I only ate my CC 2 pieces......and it's a good thing the kids are home, or I would have probably devoured half of the dang thing

Cassi........glad the sclae gods didn't punish you too bad........1 lb is doable.....isn't it?

K, back to work for me.........my house is looking and smelling soooooo good!!! That makes me happy
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:32 PM   #1009  
Erika on LAWL

S/C/G: 189.6/171.4/140

Thanks everyone for the supportive words. Wendy II, that punishment comment was hilarious. I'm sure I can find plenty of chick flicks on TV this weekend. And trust me he wasn't complaining last night . So today is day one of my POP challenge. The minimum is one week, but I'm actually pushing myself to see how long I can go without blowing it.

Wendy: That salad sounds delicious, and its definitely a better choice than chicken nuggets.

Cassi: WTG on going into the center. And only 1 lb, that's not bad at all. I thought about going on the 3 month pill, but right now I'm on the short period pill. Its nice only having a 1-2 day period.

To everyone else who I haven't written a personal for...Happy Friday and I hope you have a POP day and POP weekend.

I'll check back in later, after work has slowed down some.
Chick With Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:58 PM   #1010  
Jenn, mama to Micki

Wendy, that salad sounds soooo good. And I totally agree with this:

Quote:
That's why this diet frustrates me some times. If you do eat something you technically shouldn't, you have to guess at how to count it. But, rather than just say, "Well, I blew it today!", I want to count it the best way possible and try to stay as on track as possible the rest of the day.
I figure that it's better to try to make it "fit" than to just throw in the towel. Heck, I will sometimes log into Sparkpe0ple and log my food there to get an idea of where I am, calorie-wise.

Cassi, hopefully in a few days, you'll be way down, once your TOQ leaves the building.

Scale was way down for me this morning. I truly have no idea what happened this week. I was pretty far Off Prog over the weekend, then on Mon-Tues. I've been back on track, but haven't worked out once this week. And, according to the home scale, I'm down 4 lbs. Last week, I worked out 5 times and was darn close to POP. I'm gonna stop asking myself why and just move on.
JennAPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:00 PM   #1011  

S/C/G: 155/138/125

Default weekend

OMG another weekend of watching people eat real food,you know what I mean by real food.(really bad food that tastes soooo good) I have noticed my soccer games are improving,probably due to rage lol that I cant eat cheesy fries and bacon burger with beer after game days anymore.On the serious side has any one ever heard of a withdrawl or detox period as your body adjusts to your new lifestyle? DEB
debbieduzLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:01 PM   #1012  

S/C/G: 336.4/220

Height: 6'2"

Default Annoyed in Minnesota!

Well, interesting news this morning at WI. I went to my COD, as I usually do on Friday morning (I was down 1.2 since Tuesday ) and was informed that my COD was CLOSING! Next Friday will be their last day.

Mind you I was VERY clear when I joined LAWL back in January was due to the convenience of the location being right next to my office and being able to go anytime during my work day. I did NOT want to have to plan it into my schedule to drive to location some place else. That was the deciding factor over LAWL over another program I had heard good things about.

Now this! We are expected to just ‘pick’ another COD in the area and start going there. All of the counselors are being moved to other locations. THIS STINKS! I feel totally deceived. I am guessing that the person signing me up knew nothing about it, but still…..does not seem right. Now that they have my money they can do anything they want!

Any thoughts?

Michael
Michael M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #1013  
Erika on LAWL

S/C/G: 189.6/171.4/140

Jenn: I just checked out that website ***********. Its pretty cool, I think I'll be using it frequently.

Michael: Wow...37 lbs already. Sucks about the center though. I know what its like to not be near a center. You could always do LAWL Online if you wanted to.
Chick With Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:37 PM   #1014  

Michael - You need to make up your mind what you want. If you like the program (and you have been VERY successful so far) you need to decide if you want to take the trip to another COD. If so, it may be inconvenient, but you can do it. Maybe LA Online will work for you. And, if none of this, you can demand your money back. Either way, you are the customer and you are in the driver's seat. But... you have made great progress so far so I hope that you will find the next closest COD!
Old 03-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #1015  
LAWL Salt Police

I agree with what you say Cassi... Michael, I would also add that if you think using LA Online would be better than travelling to a different COD, you should persue getting a refund on your unused weeks and directly transferring it to the LA Online subscription..

And don't give them a reason to force you to go to another COD.. I know in my case, the other COD is way on the other side of Albuquerque, and it would be impossible for us to go there..

Don't let them push you around... You're the victim here!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:02 PM   #1016  

Yeah! Tell them you're still a big guy and they aren't going to push you around!
Old 03-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #1017  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Let me ask a question. I have been logging everything in Spark... and just printed out my nutrition logs since Feb 26 (when I started the diet). My first question is how are you guys cross tracking your day to day via calories/la weight loss exchanges? I keep seeing people comment on how they are comparing calories to make sure they don't go off the diet. I don't see any mention of calories in my information. (Red Plan/no lites)

Next question - I have only hit the 1,200-1,500 calorie range TWICE in the entire time I've been on the diet. I went over only once with 1,771 the rest of the time I've been under. To date I've lost only 8 lbs which is good but my brain is saying I should have lost more. I have also added walking 3 times a day (15-20 minutes) and twice a week water aerobics (1 hour). I just added the daily walks this week. I've been to water aerobics 4 times so far. I'm going to add yoga tonight once I get my son to hook up the VCR : )

Next question - how many calories round about are the LA Lites?
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #1018  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi Shannon
The books won't tell you calories. One of the perks of LAWL is that you aren't counting calories..they've broken down the exchanges for you to work within a range.. they tout that you don't need to count calories, points etc. I personally only use my diary that they give me for meal planning and checking off my food. I plan my meals a week at a time so I can just have my book on the counter, make my grocery list, know what to thaw and prep etc for the next day. As for the Lites they vary but the Hot Chocolate and Vanilla Shakes are 80 calories and the bars are 180. 8 lbs in just over a month is not bad at all. Remember they are aiming for about 2lbs a week.. sometimes you get more and sometimes less.. time of the month, water retention, salt in prepared foods etc can play their own games.
Stick with it and to make it easier just focus on your exchanges.. I know a few of the gals use Fitday so they may have some more input for you too!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #1019  

Shannon - I'm on purple w/lites and I am consistently between 1300-1400 calories per day. What are you eating that you are under that far??? I use Fitday, so I can link from here, but can you link to your diary or share a day here? It does sound low. Even with no lites, you being on red gives you an extra 1/2P and 1S than me so you should be around where I am. By the way, why are you on red w/o lites? I'm your height and I was on red WITH lites until 220. Then purple. You are on the equivalent of purple. Maybe you should be on red1 with lites? Maybe that's why you're not losing faster? Although you're still in the 2lb/week range.

OK, just my two cents. I probably gave you more questions than answers. Sorry, I tend to do that lately.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:46 PM   #1020  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
Shannon - I'm on purple w/lites and I am consistently between 1300-1400 calories per day. What are you eating that you are under that far??? I use Fitday, so I can link from here, but can you link to your diary or share a day here? It does sound low. Even with no lites, you being on red gives you an extra 1/2P and 1S than me so you should be around where I am. By the way, why are you on red w/o lites? I'm your height and I was on red WITH lites until 220. Then purple. You are on the equivalent of purple. Maybe you should be on red1 with lites? Maybe that's why you're not losing faster? Although you're still in the 2lb/week range.

OK, just my two cents. I probably gave you more questions than answers. Sorry, I tend to do that lately.
Just sent you a message with my info. I think I'm doing it right - they don't tell me I'm doing anything wrong at the COD anyway.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote