3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/100822-lawl-losers-friends-january-2007-a.html)

Dan2112 01-06-2007 01:19 PM

G'day ladies...

Well, we did our WI this morning.. Even though I did my WI yesterday at the COD near my office, I needed to get my measurments done... Just for kicks I got on the scale and was down 1 pound from yesterday (!).. Which kind of ticked off my wife, who was unchanged from earlier this week...

The COD had samples of their new soy cracker snack.. THey kind of look (and taste) like Crispix cereal... I tried the ranch sample and my counselor gave me a bag of the BBQ.. They're actually really good.. I probably wont' buy any though, becuase I've done well (VERY surprisingly) without chips and crackers so I don't think I need these new snacks. These would make really good cereal without the Ranch and BBQ flavoring!

My counselor also told me that LAWL is working on a revamp of their website that is supposed to include live chat with counselors, which I think is a very good idea, and also a forum similar to what we have here...

My measurments put me down a total of 15.5 inches overall since I began, with my wife down 22 inches. So while I'm doing better in actual weight loss, she's doing very well with the inches..

Krispie - Way to go!!

Nikki - You can do it.. Just be strong.. What sorority are you in? I dated my fair share of XO's, AXO's and Tri-delts back in college... I was a Sig Ep... Ironically, I married a non-greek.. oh well.. :lol:

Barb - Good job standing your ground at the COD.. We're paying them to help us so we should be able to get what we want!

Have a good weekend y'all! We're going to a hocky game tonight, so wish me luck so I can stay away from the popcorn and nachos!!

Cheers!

Repo girl 01-06-2007 01:22 PM

Stay tough Dan, you can do it!

truelies 01-06-2007 01:38 PM

Dan: I'm a DEB :) We're not national though, there's other DEBs around I'd guess, it seems common. (all the sororites at my school are local). I've heard of SigEp, you guys know how to party lol. I haven't dated a SigEp but I was "seeing" one for quite a while but now I'm good with my Pike lol.

Prazteam 01-06-2007 02:05 PM

Katie - You know how the Word was written for everyone?!? Well, I believe messages like that, which I believe God uses me to pass on sometimes, can be for anyone that will receive it as well. So, it may have been for you just as much! I'm thankful I posted it... Great NSV! I know you must have felt empowered when you left that restaurant!!! You're looking for hot pools and we're in the 70's with the windows wide open!!!

Ulanda - hang in there girlfriend! We're here for you and I KNOW you'll find what works. Just don't GIVE UP!!! Never, never, never! You're a LOSER - NOT a quitter! ;)

Christine - My ods said this morning as we were leaving at 9 with no jackets... "I think we totally skipped winter and went straight to spring!" I'm loving it though!!!

Sherry - It's about time you got your (getting smaller every moment) butt back out here!! Great to see you and you better stick around this time!! :high:

Barb - by all means, post the recipe for the muffins! I like a "switch up" every once in a while!

Debbie - see my post to Katie! Maybe that's why I struggled with posting for so long... I actually prayed, prayed, and then prayed some more before I typed it and then STILL waited a couple of minutes before I hit the "post" button! (good grief) Then see my post to Ulanda (again) ;)

Joni - Squeaky Gazelle will be fixed today - or my ODS gets a thumbs down!! :)

Kristen - 40 POUNDS!!!???!!! :whoo: :woo: I love Kung Pao - so I'll be looking for it!

KrispieD 01-06-2007 02:10 PM

Okay Ladies Posting the Kung Pao and Cheesy Taco Salad as we speak so check the recipes soon. Pearl I know you love spicy so the shrimp will be a hit and Barb get those shrimps outta the freezer. We just had the cheesy taco salad for lunch and DH had it for first time.. loved it.. just like getting a big salad from taco bell.. minus the edible fat laden shell they serve it in!

Barb316 01-06-2007 02:20 PM

Dan: That is awesome that you and your wife are doing so well! My center did not have any samples of new things there. I dont know if they have that stuff or not. It would be nice if they revamp their site at least for members.

Pearl: I will post the recipe today. I checked with the COD and she told me the exchanges.

Kristen: I look forward to the recipes!!!!!!!!!!!

truelies 01-06-2007 02:49 PM

Kristen, I'm LOVING the Taco salad recipe and added it's ingredients to the shopping list. thank you :)

dolphn545 01-06-2007 03:31 PM

Well, So far so good today. I am making it through POP. Although my DD made some brownies, and they sure smell good ...

Katie - I sure hope that 2007 is my year! I would like to be thinner for my upcoming graduation (June), and definitely by summer!! There are no more excuses now!

Nikki - The COD put me on red today. I'm not currently doing any bars, so I'm doing all food. I asked when I move back to purple, and she said at about 193. I think if I would have done the FF, then she would have given me the purple book today.
So, in a few pounds, I will hopefully bump back to purple.

My COD also suggested drinking hot lemon water or green tea for the next couple days to flush out the excess sodium and try to remain on track.
I was debating about the FF this time, but last time I did it I got too light-headed.

Oh well. Here's to a great remainder POP day!!

BusyBee3 01-06-2007 03:45 PM

Good Afternoon All,

Remembering all the "country talk" on here made me giggle today. I just came in from working in the yard and have to share that my chickens are so happy with the weather here they gave me 3 eggs by 1pm. The kids put the bunny in the garden to "exercise and eat left over carrots". We are country enough to enjoy it - but still close enough for convenience....

It's so nice here we are even going to BBQ tonight - anyone want some? :) I just did veggie prep for grilled veggies, chicken breasts (haven't decided what seasoning), salad, and 1/2 baked sweet pot. Mmmm! I am excited to look at all the recipes posted....

Has anyone cooked with tofu? I picked some up for stir-fry and have never used it before.....

Joni - yes, HD is Harley Davidson. I enjoy riding sometimes but as I get older all I think about is the kids and the "what if's".... DH has a lot of fun though.

Pearl - We need to bottle this sunshine - more rain and cooler weather next week - unfortunately.

Enjoy the evening!

Bajachick3 01-06-2007 03:49 PM

kristen (krispie to me)..that is super..you do look super and you are a real inspiration to all of us.....congrats

BusyBee3 01-06-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dolphn545 (Post 1519412)
Well, So far so good today. I am making it through POP. Although my DD made some brownies, and they sure smell good ...

Katie - I sure hope that 2007 is my year! I would like to be thinner for my upcoming graduation (June), and definitely by summer!! There are no more excuses now!

Nikki - The COD put me on red today. I'm not currently doing any bars, so I'm doing all food. I asked when I move back to purple, and she said at about 193. I think if I would have done the FF, then she would have given me the purple book today.
So, in a few pounds, I will hopefully bump back to purple.

My COD also suggested drinking hot lemon water or green tea for the next couple days to flush out the excess sodium and try to remain on track.
I was debating about the FF this time, but last time I did it I got too light-headed.

Oh well. Here's to a great remainder POP day!!

I have been drinking green tea with 1/2 lemon in it every night for the past 3 days.....will let you know what happens on Monday when I WI. :) Celestial Seasonings makes an Organic Green Tea that is afforable and good. I also use stevia as a sweetener.

BusyBee3 01-06-2007 03:52 PM

Nance - have to giggle every time I see your name....BajaChick.....my 2 dd's are So Cal girls!! :) Love it!!

Christine

dolphn545 01-06-2007 03:56 PM

I believe I have Celestial Seasonings Decaf Green Tea.
I'm not a big tea fan, but once in a great while. Actually, at this point, if it will get rid of some excess, I will probably try it for the next couple nights. :)

Bajachick3 01-06-2007 04:03 PM

gosh it is soooo hard to rid oneself of old bad habits.....like standing up and eating ..a little here ..a little there..sure it may just add up to one meal..but not good...no bueno (in Espanol)....hey there all...went a second trip to take clothes to thrift store....I actually have room in my drawers....for sexy little clothes.....hee hee...DH would love that. I had a full hip replacenebt one and one half years ago and now that I have lost some wt. The skin kinda bulges out a bit below the scar...boo hooo...I tried on a great pair of pants from Nordstroms rack but they were a little thin and it looked funny...DH said maybe later you will want to get it fixed..LIKE??? what a skin puller upper...oh well he is happy with how I look but he is honest and we both know I can (need to) lose more weight....No more "Do I look fat honey"???? I can usually answer my own very difficult questions..hee hee..I think I will go clean out a drawer....retirement is good..hee hee

Bajachick3 01-06-2007 04:06 PM

Christine----love so cal....do you DD love it also ???? nance

working on the hair first then the avatar.....nance

tigerpawswhit 01-06-2007 04:22 PM

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement! My sister was the only one in her division today, so she automatically received first place. Her routine needs a little work, but she did really great! I took my biscotti and yogurt with me to the competition and resisted all temptations of nachos, pizza, popcort etc. NSV for me!!!

Barb-WTG on taking charge! Maybe this is exactly what you needed. Hopefully a week or two on hold will allow you to refocus on everything you've learned/accomplished so far!

MickeySue 01-06-2007 05:16 PM

Hello all! I am taking a break from priming walls....love my paint color. Thought I would share that Mexican Food went great...I did have 2 chips with salsa though. But I showed a loss at WI this morning and didn't feel water gain.

Uh oh, my DD has awakened....I guess my computer break is over before it really began, such is the life of a mommy....

Bajachick3 01-06-2007 06:14 PM

having fun over here...taking pics......thanks for the encouragement...nance and DH

Repo girl 01-06-2007 06:26 PM

Whooooweee, Nance, you hottie, you!

Dan2112 01-06-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truelies (Post 1519287)
Dan: I'm a DEB :) We're not national though, there's other DEBs around I'd guess, it seems common. (all the sororites at my school are local). I've heard of SigEp, you guys know how to party lol. I haven't dated a SigEp but I was "seeing" one for quite a while but now I'm good with my Pike lol.

A Pike... Oh no! :lol: .. Well, at least he's not a TKE.. :lol:

While I'm a few years beyond my greek life, but I still have fond memories of it.. It was VERY hard to maintain a good diet back then.. We had a 7/11 next door to our house that sold beer AND nachos, so you can probably tell what my weekends were like. I did dishes for my meals at the xO house, and while the food was good, it certainly wasn't very healthy... One semester I quite drinking all together and limited myself to 1500 calories a day and probably lost about 25 lbs..

And without further adieu... My wife is about to post.. Hi sweetie!

LizzyW 01-06-2007 06:40 PM

Hello All!!

Well I finally made it. My husband has been trying to get me on, but I haven't done it. So here I am. You know my husband by Dan2112. My name is Liz. I started LAWL at a weight of 205. I am now down to 186. But am losing it very slowly and is making me a bit depressed. But I am hanging in there and getting plenty of support from Dan. I have lost 21 inches though so I guess that is something to be pleased about.

Anyway, I am going to look around and see what everyone else has to say. Will continue to post. Talk at you later.

Liz

truelies 01-06-2007 06:41 PM

Sherrie: The lemon water does help but if you do not like lemon, it's horrible to get down. It all depends on how much you WANT to drink it I guess. Sorry, I was a little off with the plan vs. weight thing but a few more POP days will get you back to where you were, you can do it :)

Nance: I know how those questions are, my bf HATES when I ask him them. Don't worry sweetie, we all will be filling our drawers with something a little sexy for our men. (sorry Dan lol)

Whitney: WTG on the NSV today :)

Liz: Welcome! That is the one thing that I love about LAWL, you lose inches when you wouldn't think you have. (atleast I don't expect it) Try to remember that even though the scale can be a jerk, the inches and how you look/feel in your clothes is the most important!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2112 (Post 1519601)
A Pike... Oh no! :lol: .. Well, at least he's not a TKE.. :lol:

HAHA No joke, my boyfriend said the EXACT SAME THING! I was on the phone with him while I was reading your earlier comment and he was like "Eh... a SigEp? Oh well, a TKE would have been much worse."

I guess their reputation is horrible at a few schools then.

Barb316 01-06-2007 06:41 PM

WELCOME Liz!!!!!!!!!! We look forward to posting with you!

MickeySue 01-06-2007 06:45 PM

Hello Liz! I was starting to wonder if you were real...lol! Glad you decided to join us! And slow and steady wins the race chickie so just keep doing what you are doing, That's a 20 lb. loss! That's a great #.

Bajachick3 01-06-2007 06:59 PM

hey there skinnies...thanks for the nice comments...DH and I had a ball just taking pics all over the house...hee hee..nance

MTdebster921 01-06-2007 07:01 PM

Liz- Welcome!!! Now you are making me jealous. You may have lost 20 lbs. (which is nothing to sneeze at by the way), but you have lost 21 inches!!!!! That is an inch a pound which is outstanding!!!! I have lost 75 lbs. and 29 inches. Anyway, the way your clothes fit and the inches lost are more important than the numbers on the scale. It's hard to get our brains to think that way, I know, but it is so true. So you just keep doing what you are doing, because you are doing awesome!!!!!

LizzyW 01-06-2007 07:09 PM

Well I am still in the same pants and such. You would think I would be going down in pant sizes, but no. That is what is frustrating me. But I will get there. I am so determined to get this weight off.

Thanks for all the kudos and support. You guys are great!!

BusyBee3 01-06-2007 07:11 PM

Welcome Liz! I really want to see results fast and am easily discouraged - but one thing I have been doing lately is really feeling the weight of the things I pick up and I think "wow - I am doing OK"! You have lost almost 10%so far - that is sooooo heart healthy!!

Nance - both dd are still at home but we loved it while we were there. They are east coast beach bum's now! You look GREAT in your new picture. I will need to figure out how to post mine soon.....

:)

KrispieD 01-06-2007 07:12 PM

Yahooooooooo we get to meet Liz

Don't worry RoosterDan we still love you too!

Liz The whole weight loss thing is a true test of sanity and patience. I originally got up to 251 lbs so I understand mroe than you know. Having a support system at home is worth more than the scale readings so congrats on doing so well together. We are happy to have you here, we've loaded up the Recipe thread this week so enjoy the journey and one of is always here to pick up those in the plateaus and low points.. because at some point we'll need the favor returned!

Barb316 01-06-2007 07:20 PM

Liz: You are doing amazing! You have said GOOD BYE to 20lbs and 21 inches!! That is so amazing! To have the support at home and someone doing this with you is a good thing.... keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!! we are glad you are here.

Bajachick3 01-06-2007 07:51 PM

liz...welcome to you from me also....My DH has lost about 22 lbs. just by sniffing my food..just kidding. He is eating better and now he weighs himself daily...and he retains water.....just like us chickies...having your supportive DH will really help....nance

tigerpawswhit 01-06-2007 08:46 PM

Welcome Liz!

I've been thinking about starting the lites and I just wanted to know what you ladies thought. When I began the program I was told that I didn't qualify for the lites because I had a kidney stone in Aug. 06. That makes me think I can't have the bars because of the calcium in them?

If so, I just went to the doctor Friday and my calcium levels are normal and even when I had the kidney stone the doctor never said exactly that it was caused from calcium/sodium build up, but more likely because of my family history. My dad and every single one of his 11 brothers and 1 sister have had at least one in their life.

I really think that the lites would help with my sugar cravings. It seems like sweets are my one pitfall. I've seen so many recipes in the cookbook that use the soup mixes and drink mixes and would love to try them, but not at the expense of my health. Let me know what you "skinnies" (love that word Nance!) think!!

Repo girl 01-06-2007 09:40 PM

Whitney- No, it is not the calcium it is all of the soy. It can be very tough on the system. If I were you, I would steer clear of the bars.

Repo girl 01-06-2007 09:40 PM

Oh, I almost forgot, Welcome Liz!!!

SaskNewfie 01-06-2007 10:10 PM

There are too many welcome threads in here! I think I may have finally found the right one...I'm getting tired of introducing myself! lol I could copy and paste my intro from my other posts I guess. Anyway, once again...I'll keep this one simple...I put on a bunch of weight and am trying to lose it. I joined lawl on 22 Dec 06 weighing in at 272lbs and in less than 3 weeks I have lost just over 15lbs. I do follow it about 85% of the time...but i find I have to cheat to keep my sanity...mostly with coffee and alcohol though. I have cheated a couple of times with things such as dry ribs and chicken wings, but it seems not to be affecting my progress. I guess the fact that I play hockey and exercise around 5 times a week helps quite a bit. Anyway, as I said in other posts, I look forward to getting to know you "guys"...pardon the term...lol.

Boo'sMom 01-06-2007 11:00 PM

Yeah--another male to torment....ahem....I mean chat with.

Really--WELCOME! Dan already got the warning about the wide range of discussions totally unrelated to losing weight. We are a lot of fun and hope you are not easily offenend. Good thing you weren't around in the summer--we had quite an extensive discussion on "waxing"--OUCH.

Liz--glad you came to play--you have done amazing! Many of us are slow losers but the inches are the kicker. Mine has become mental because I jinxed myself and said if I could fit--comfortably--into a 10 Lucky I would be satisfied--so here I am in my favorite jeans but not quite satisfied about not making goal. Oh well--getting back in the swing of WL phase--ugh.

Katie--do the Lunas or Kashi's have the soy? Never paid attention since it wasn't a problem. I know OZ doesn't like the palm oil in Luna but it's better then the hydrogenated oils in Lites--I guess. It's ALL gonna kill me someday!

Dan2112 01-07-2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaskNewfie (Post 1519858)
There are too many welcome threads in here! I think I may have finally found the right one...I'm getting tired of introducing myself! lol I could copy and paste my intro from my other posts I guess. Anyway, once again...I'll keep this one simple...I put on a bunch of weight and am trying to lose it. I joined lawl on 22 Dec 06 weighing in at 272lbs and in less than 3 weeks I have lost just over 15lbs. I do follow it about 85% of the time...but i find I have to cheat to keep my sanity...mostly with coffee and alcohol though. I have cheated a couple of times with things such as dry ribs and chicken wings, but it seems not to be affecting my progress. I guess the fact that I play hockey and exercise around 5 times a week helps quite a bit. Anyway, as I said in other posts, I look forward to getting to know you "guys"...pardon the term...lol.

Hey... Some of us, well.. I anyway, accurately qualify for that term!... That's a great total so far... And I have an idea the exercise is helping you more than a bit.. It's amazing what just a little (compared to the lot you're doing) can do for this... Once I started eating healthy, the pounds started dropping off quickly and I think it's becuase I take the dog for walks as well as stay active at work. I'm on the go a lot at the office and I think that helps. Just watch out for plateaus in your weight loss.. You have to be careful not to get discouraged when they eventually hit..

Nikki - That is SO funny that he said that.. Yes, TKE's have a pretty bad reputation around the country.. They were one of the first fraternities to adopt a "no-pledge" policy and would basically initiate you as soon as your first check cleared.. As a result, they always usually ended up taking all the cast off from the other fraternities.. As the saying goes: "If you can't go greek, go Teek"...

Well, our trip to the Hockey game went well, except for our team losing.. I drank a bottle of water and not a single piece of popcorn, pretzle or nacho
made its way into our mouths!

Have a good night all!!

PS... Thanks for the really warm welcome for Liz.. She really appreciates it.. Because she's so busy at work, I don't expect her to be quite as active as I am (because I basically sit at my desk doing nothing :lol:), but she'll be around!

Makena 01-07-2007 09:00 AM

Hi all!
Sorry to be so impersonal, but I just wanted to say hello as I'm sitting here waiting for DS 1st hockey game of the morning (its 5:50 AM here!!:dizzy: )
He is in a tournament and past round 1 of the playoffs. We may have up to 3 games today, at any varying time, so if you have any extra willpower today, will you please send it my way? It is so hard to sit in the arena with all the pizza, hotdogs, cappicinnos etc. (but I CAN do it....) I have my LA delight with me as well as a bunch of snacks and H20!!!
Will catch up on personals real soon...I miss playing with you all:)

SaskNewfie 01-07-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo'sMom (Post 1519919)
Good thing you weren't around in the summer--we had quite an extensive discussion on "waxing"--OUCH.

My only experience with waxing was what i seen in the movie, "40 Year Old Virgin"...it scares me.

Dan, I agree that the exercise is helping quite a bit...although I lost 9lbs during my first week at lawl without exercising...is that normal? Even prior, I always drank 2 to 3 liters of water a day...so that wouldn't be it. Perhaps it was the beer and chicken wings that I gave up? Wow, did i really eat that many wings?

Funny thing about lawl is that prior to signing up, I actually thought I ate fairly healthy. Once I signed up, I found out how bad my eating habits were. The biggest food change for me is simply adding all the veggies and fruits. I have to say, since signing up and following their plan I have been feeling more energetic throughout the day. As well, I don't get those "crashes" an hour or two before a meal and when I do have a meal, I don't feel the need to find a couch and sleep! lol

hdsqrl 01-07-2007 09:58 AM

Welcome to Liz and Sask! :D

Well, y'all, it's the beginning of Day 2 for my first-ever TO. I did well yesterday...would have been POP except that DB insisted on putting a shred of pepper jack on my dinner last night. *rolls eyes* I'm dreading the thought of more chicken today, but am focusing on tomorrow night's dinner of turkey chili as a reward. ;)