3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/100822-lawl-losers-friends-january-2007-a.html)

Bajachick3 01-09-2007 10:36 AM

good morning skinnies...watching all of us and what we need to deal with each day...wE are a very diverse group, which is great!!!! DH was down about 5 lbs today...excuse ME!!!!! water, I guess....happy for him...

I read about the lemon water, Nikki, and I think in general less additives and yucky stuff is better for you.....

Have a POP super day...nance

Dan2112 01-09-2007 10:40 AM

I'm a little concerned about my WI today.. While we've been pop so far this week, I just "feel" heavier... Also.. I've been wearing a bigger pair of jeans this week and they seemed a bit tighter than they used too.. Then again, I made the new hole in my belt probably a bit tighter than I should have. (Too damn cheap to buy a new belt. :lol:) Maybe I'm just imagining it..

Add to that the fact that I'll be doing my WI after work, which means I will have had breakfast (ceral/pear) and lunch (leftover stirfry) prior to that...

bizlawchik 01-09-2007 10:49 AM

Katie – You could type up your agreement as you remember it, or type up a quick memo stating your commission and then have him sign it. That way he has no excuse for not having it and you can get what you want.

Dan – I guess you ARE embracing your feminine side. You’re having a fat day! LOL! Seriously, you’ve been POP, so don’t sweat it. Since you’re weighing in in the afternoon, you can chalk any gain up to that. (Read your own advice – you ever notice we’re all good at helping one another but forget everything when it comes to ourselves?). Or you could do like some others here and get on the scale backward and ask them not to tell you this time. Sometimes it’s the mind games we play with ourselves prior to the WI that’s worse than the actual WI.

Kimphin 01-09-2007 10:52 AM

Dan - don't stress too much - it really could be the belt. A month or so ago I put on a pair of smaller jeans and went shopping, and by the end of the day I was petrified that I had gained a bunch of weight. When I calmed down, I realized that it was because the waist was a little snug and as the day wore on, I guess I wasn't 'sucking it in' as much.

OK, reading my own post, I sound like a loon. I'm really quite normal...LOL

Prazteam 01-09-2007 10:57 AM

Debbie - :bravo: on a POP Day!!!

Nicole - I'm not sure you can count on my schedule since I haven't in so many years... but we'll see how it goes! Now get out there and start a hoofin! :)

Barb - You are doing GREAT!

Kim - find a visual that will constantly remind you of that trip! I just read an article that said visuals really do work - so there's an idea! You can do it girlfriend!

Katie - You are SO sweet! I do have a heart for my pups! We lost one a few years ago the same way, and it just doesn't get easier!

Dan - It's only a weigh in!!! :) Just concentrate on POP everyday - the weight HAS to come off! DH and I have had our ups and downs... usually in the opposite directions! (sound familiar?) But the end result is DOWN!!! So keep your focus and don't sweat the WI! (yeah right!)

DH is down over 3 pounds!!! (Red is the way right now!!!) (Wifey one / COD - 0 on that one!!!)

I'm down another pound! (YEAH!) Gotta start keying and then the Gazelle!
BTW, heard from the company and they're going to send the part I need (FREE!) :woo: So I'll be able to get my monitor working!!!

Made the spicy meatloaf (I did burgers yesterday) and they are AWESOME!!! Made another batch of chicken chili... YUM!

Thanks for all the empathy about my Candy girl... I cried off and on yesterday... trying to keep busy today. Digger stayed at my feel all day - he was so adorable! Okay - gotta go. Keying awaits!
Blessings everyone!

bizlawchik 01-09-2007 11:12 AM

Pearl - Cool about the Gazelle part. I should call them too, then, since my pulse monitor isn't working.

"(Wifey one / COD - 0 on that one!!!)" LOL! You go, girl!

Kimphin 01-09-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prazteam (Post 1523767)
Kim - find a visual that will constantly remind you of that trip! I just read an article that said visuals really do work - so there's an idea! You can do it girlfriend!

Thanks for all the empathy about my Candy girl... I cried off and on yesterday... trying to keep busy today. Digger stayed at my feel all day - he was so adorable! Okay - gotta go. Keying awaits!
Blessings everyone!

Pearl - Trying with the visual - my screen saver and background are pictures I took last year.

Good Digger - the furries always know when we need a little lovin'!

BusyBee3 01-09-2007 12:02 PM

Pearl - So sorry about your loss. Our animals are such a huge part of our family also. ((Hugs to you)) Last night one of our dogs snagged her nail and it was bleeding...we spent hours doctoring her up...she ate a weeks worth of Scooby Snacks!

Congrat's to all the losers!!

Dan - I feel you today. Lemon water for all. :)

A lady at my work is going to join LAWL early next month so I will have a little support here at work....yay!!

Kimphin 01-09-2007 12:05 PM

Christine - give her a referral and you get credit (usually $$ towards something at LAWL)

Barb316 01-09-2007 12:06 PM

I always forget to bring lemon to work to have lemon water. I drink it at home though. I dont think it is to bad as long as you dont put to much in....

steph618 01-09-2007 12:14 PM

Hi everyone! I'm still can't keep everyone straight to do personals. Kudos to those of you who can!! I have been reading though. Congratulations to all of you who are staying POP and are down at WI! Pearl, I'm sorry about your dog! We have a dashchund--is that spelled right--anyway, a weiner dog, and if something happened to him I would be very upset too!

I went and weighed in this AM and I was down 1.4 to 160! So I lost the 1.2 I gained last week plus a little more. I"m happy and looking forward to being out of the 160's for good when I weigh in on Friday!

BusyBee3 01-09-2007 12:23 PM

Kim - Yes, when she talked to the COD she gave my name!! Thnx!

I like lemon water mixed with green tea and stevia or splenda best....An easy way to carry lemon water to work is in a water bottle - take a few sips, squeeze the lemon in, put in the rind and it is ready to carry to work. Then drink it cold or put in a coffee cup to warm in the microwave....

2bfit06 01-09-2007 12:28 PM

Hi All,

Hope everyone is having a POP day! I am trying so hard. I know that tomorrow is going to be a challenge. I usually do FF at the beginning of the week, but I thought I would go ahead and do it in the middle. I just got my free TO juice yesterday. I do plan to give it an honest effort to see what happens, so that at least I know that I am doing my part. Then if it doesn't work, it will be interesting to see what they have to say. I would really like to be down about 8 lbs by the end of the month before going in for my annual physical.

Pearl, I am sorry about your Candy. Glad that you are keeping busy today and WTG on you and hubby's loss. You two and really working it.

Cassi, I hope that you feel better, I guess I missed somewhere that you were having some issues with your back. Yes, kids grow up way to fast. I don't have anything to compare her to with her being an only child so in the process of her growing up, I am learning so much.

Evette, If you are going to NYC to shop, Please take me with you! I have never been there, but dream of shopping there.

I think winter has finally caught up with us here. It is freezing outside. I don't want to even have to go out, but I left my lunch so I have to eat something. I will be good, but I think I am going to endulge in a Whopper Jr, from Burger King. No fries or anything extra. I have my lemon water today. Trying to get use to that taste.

Well, I will try and check back later. Everyone have a great day.

BusyBee3 01-09-2007 12:38 PM

Stephanie - Can I have your 160's when you are through? Plllleeeaaaassee? And yes, this week would be fantastic!!!

kytravelbabe 01-09-2007 12:40 PM

Hey Everyone! I am finally caught up after not checking in over the weekend. We can be a chatty group!!!
Pearl - So sorry about your pup. Doggies become such an important part of our families that it is very difficult when we lose one. Chin up - I know she is watching you from doggie heaven.
Cassi - :carrot: I am so glad your better, even if it is with meds. We have missed your posts. I hope you have a great day at work (well, a great day)!
Evette - I have used Hotwire and Priceline before and was pleased. Look at www.biddingfortravel.com and www.betterbidding.com for tips on using Hotwire and Priceline. I Love NYC! Have a great time.
Rebecca - I was just thinking that I hadn't seen you on the boards for a while and voila there you were. Glad you had a great trip!
Nance - Love your picture, I am intrigued at the change! You look great!
All guys - Glad to have you around to keep us straight!
Having a mental lapse and can't remember everyone for personals. I think I am going to have to start taking notes!
I have lost all but 1.5lbs of my Holiday weight gain. I am working at being POP and I used everyone's menu threads for my grocery shopping. I really like the Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze on my cereal. Thanks for all your posts! Be back soon...

MickeySue 01-09-2007 12:44 PM

Is it just me or has this site really picked up in the past month? I mean jeepers! I can't believe all this chit-chatting! I come in here and by the time I am done reading it's time for me to go back to work......sorry for not being able to do personals ....for a month now!

Pearl- I do want to let you know that I will be praying for you and yours to have peace and comfort....My condolences on your loss.

I WI later today...I keep waiting for that gold book to be handed to me...they said I have to reach 175 before I switch plans so I am enjoying all my carbs as much as I can ...if I remember correctly I will be going down in protein portion and starches? Guess I will find out soon....hopefully!

emmysmom 01-09-2007 12:57 PM

You all are so much busier than I can keep up with! That's great, though...so much support! Honestly, I have said this before, but I'll say it again...you all are the reason that I am staying OP. I guess I had a breakdown back in June. I felt pushed by the COD, the weight wasn't coming off as fast as I wanted. I actually cried the last time that I went to WI...I just couldn't take it anymore. So I stayed away from 3FC and the COD and just gave up. Something brought me back here this month and I'm going strong again...with only your help - no center this time. So THANK YOU!!!!(((hugs)))

I am very sorry, Pearl, for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

To everyone else, I can't possibly do personals after catching up on 15 pages! But here's to a POP day!

Oh, and I'm going to get my braces fixed this afternoon...no more protein bars:(

BusyBee3 01-09-2007 12:57 PM

Michelle - the difference is 1/2 P and 1 S. I do gold on my weekends/days off and blue on my long days.

kytravelbabe 01-09-2007 01:03 PM

AAARGH! I lost my post...and I was really doing a great job on it. I will try again...
Pearl - So sorry about you doggie. Doggies are special in our life too!
Cassi - :carrot: So glad to see you back even with meds. Have a great day at work (well, a great day). I look forward to your posts.
Rebecca - I was thinking about you and where you had been on the boards and voila there you were. Glad you had a great trip!
Nance - Great pic! What a change from your other picture! You look great!
JM - Great news about your baby girl! I look forward to hearing more!
Guys - Glad to have you to keep us straight!
Everyone else who I have forgotten - I think I am going to have to start taking notes so I can remember what to write in the personals. So many friends...so little memory...
I am working hard at staying POP after losing all but 1.5 lbs of my holiday gain. I used the menu threads for ideas and they were a big help.
Talk again later...have a good one...

twopugs 01-09-2007 01:05 PM

Hi Everybody,

So glad to have found you, been on LAWL since Nov 06 and not much support really. Did Express the last 2 days to get rid of the holiday bulge and start fresh, and guess what, my husband decided to do it too! It's fun, he's learning and of course will lose more rapidly :devil: Getting ready for Cancun in February!! Anyone else going on vacation during these dreary winter months?

Pearl - Soo sorry about your pup. I have always had a dog or two and it's a heartbreaker. Hugs.

Debbie- Congrats on SOP, it's motivating, cuz I'm just starting up being serious, I have maintained, but trying to get losing again.

BLC - Thx for the support

Lottametominime - Hey, I'm originally from Chicago too! Go BEARS.

Oh, and hey. how do I put my name, and LAWL under my screen name?

Thanks all and Have a Happy Day!;)

kytravelbabe 01-09-2007 01:06 PM

Ignore my ignorance...I must be having a bad day or a senior moment! Sometimes I think my computer tries to screw with my head.....so ignore my duplicity...
Also, what happened to my ticker??? Anyone else with problems? It worked great for a while and then pffff it is gone. See ya...

bizlawchik 01-09-2007 01:08 PM

Twopugs - Go to the top of the page and click on "user cp". On the left, click on "profile", and you can change it there.

twopugs 01-09-2007 01:09 PM

Hi All,

Ok, today I am going to weigh in and I am going to try to have the guts to ask for a different Counselor....the one I always get is dry as a piece of melba toast with no personality, no flexibility and no ideas other than LA lites, etc. I dread going in. My original center was great, but my job location switched, so I go to one closer to home now, and since I've been doing that, I barely WI. I'm trying to get serious to lose again, and this site is a big help, and now I am motivated to go back in and ask for what I am paying for.

I'll let you know how it goes :dizzy:

twopugs 01-09-2007 01:12 PM

Let's see if my name show up..I just tried ..thanks BLC

twopugs 01-09-2007 01:13 PM

Thanks Cassi, it worked!

winkie03 01-09-2007 01:32 PM

Hi All, just wanted to check in. Really, really busy today with work. Still checking out hotels.com and priceline.com for some hotels that fit my budget. Thanks to all for the info. Love ya guys!!

Barb316 01-09-2007 01:34 PM

Lori: I have been struggling and I cant stand the center I go to. On Saturday I walked in and said I would like a counselor who has done the program and they gave me to a WONDERFUL counselor. I would recommend since you are paying for a service you get what YOU want out of it. I think talking to someone who has done the program helps alot b/c they know what we are going through and are not giving the textbook answers. GOOD LUCK. Let us know how it goes

bizlawchik 01-09-2007 01:40 PM

You're welcome Lori (now I know your name). :)

bizlawchik 01-09-2007 01:41 PM

Evette - Another pound? Wow. You lose like 2 in a few days, then none for a few days and you just keep going. Congrats!

Prazteam 01-09-2007 01:42 PM

Twopugs - remember - they work for YOU!!! You are paying THEM to assist you on this new lifestyle! So, go in there and ask for what you need! Someone with some personality and experience that will get you further down the road to success! You go girlfriend!

DH is so funny today... he's all excited because he's losing again (5# since Sunday). I'll put the "LAWL credits" in stock for later use when he's not so happy with me!

I got on the Gazelle for a 5 min. warmup, 15 min. high cardio, and 5 min. cooldown.... Not bad for my first day back! My intention is to do that several times a day... we'll see how that goes.

Okay - gotta call out spelling to my yds and it's back to keying for me.

I found a job I was interested in posted by a local church for an office assistant until I got to the part on the job description that reads, "Must pledge undying devotion to Pastor"... Huh?!? I've never even met the man! I can't even say I'd pledge undying devotion to MY Pastor of 5+ years because he's just a man and they do fail! So what the heck?!? Obviously that is not the job for me... bummer, it was only 20 min. away. Oh well, I'll keep looking...
Blessings,

bizlawchik 01-09-2007 01:58 PM

Pearl - Maybe they were joking? Ya know, looking for someone with a sense of humor? Don't give up, maybe it is the job for you if that's the case.

Mama Nicole 01-09-2007 02:16 PM

Still haven't walked, but still plan on it. I want a treadmill. Oh well, maybe after my kitchen is done.

Ulanda.......I think the key to a successful FF/Express is eating ENOUGH so that your metabolism keeps working FOR you. When I do FF, I eat often, and I don't even keep track of the amounts in my journal. I just write FF on the top of the page, and then list which foods I ate, w/o the quantities. For me, part of the beauty of FF is not having to worry about the amounts. Also, try to find ways to enjoy it..........like chicken cesear salad. I try to make sure I never feel ravished so that I stay in control. Best of luck to you dear!!!

Evette.......have to tried to use any of the hotel websites? I found reasonable rates the last time we went to Minneapolis using the Hilton's site directly. I don't know if that will work out or not for you, but if you haven't already tried it, it might be worth it. Also, way to go on another pound lost you Skinny girl. You are doing sooo well. I am not trying to be a buzz kill, but do try to keep it all in perspective........we dieters can go both ways.......too much or too little :) I hope I haven't offended you, and we are all VERY proud of your progress.......you know that!!!

Cassi.......we are also going to go as cheap as possible. My DH doesn't really know that yet.......LOL.........but we are. DH will do all of the labor, along with my little brother (journeyman carpenter). We are doing laminate flooring, and a combo of white/wood cabinets. I want black granite counter tops on my white cabinets, and butcher block type (but not sure) on an all wood tone island. I have tons of ideas, but truly, prices will determine sooo much. My brother is comming here this weekend to help DH move the basement staircase from the center of kitchen/dining/livingroom area, to the edge of the house. That will give us tons of space. I am very excited.

Where oh where is Lea Ann????

Kim........I am still going to walk, just have to figure out a time when I can do it without the kids. I love them and all......but this is something I want to do WITHOUT the little darlings. I don't really need one more thing to do where I am just stressed by trying to make it work with toddlers. Being a mom isn't all it's cracked up to be sometimes.....LOL.

Katie........yeah, I know, I deserve a smack for the pregnancy remark. I couldn't resist........LOL!!! I hope your cravings mellow out after you increase your vitamin/mineral supplements. My mom said I used to eat matches when I was little........LOL

Ok, time to change the laundry.........I'm almost all caught up.....for a few hours.....LOL

ljackson 01-09-2007 02:17 PM

Pearl- that is just too weird- it has to be a joke, then again why would a church joke about that

Mama Nicole 01-09-2007 02:18 PM

Oh, and Pearl......I would be weirded out by that job description too. I hope Cassi is right, and it is just a joke. I feel the same way you do.........a pastor is a man......and as much as we look up to them and love them, they are no better than you or I. Good luck with your job search :)

emmysmom 01-09-2007 02:26 PM

twopugs...we're going to Ft. Lauderdale at the end of February - me, my husband, daughter, and my brother-in-law and his family. I'm really excited about that.

Pearl - I think that the church application was probably meant to be funny. Give it a shot. If that is the case, how much fun would that Pastor be to work for? My Pastor always referred to himself as "the best Pastor in the whole world"...at least that is what he wanted the kids to call him:lol:

Kimphin 01-09-2007 02:29 PM

Pearl - Yeah, that undying devotion thing would have spooked me too. I guess you can figure out why there is an opening there.... we can infer what went wrong, LOL

Nicole - I understand you wanting to get out for your walk alone. You can use it as a time to get your own thoughts together.

TwoPugs - I'm headed to one of the Sandals in Jamaica in Feb - can't wait!

bizlawchik 01-09-2007 02:36 PM

Nicole - Butcher block/island idea... We took three base cabinets and put them together on the floor with the doors opening towards the stove. Handyman put thin plywood and trim on back to finish it. He was supposed to put beadboard, but didn't. I would rather the beadboard for a more finished look, but it's done now. Anyway, you can get the beadboard in wood and stain it, or in already done white if that's what your cabinets are. It looks just like a custom built island and we absolutely love it.

bizlawchik 01-09-2007 02:49 PM

JM - I was just looking at the TBL stats for week one. You kicked butt, my friend! WTG! (or is it woo hoo?)

Nascar Girl 01-09-2007 03:45 PM

Hi everyone! Man I miss a few days and get too far behind!
Well, I gained my 4 0z back I duno I think the walking maybe?:club: Oh well we will see. What Weds brings! I'm up to 2 miles now so I feel good about sticking to this walking. I know at least I sleep better!
Dan - did you post your recipe in the recipe section?
Joni - Thanks for the info. We are looking now at flights so far we have found some for around $830 RT I think we will tryto book by Feb to save some money before fares start rising for the spring break/summer. Definatly will visit Cosco or Walmart! I see there is one on Maui!
Well gotta get back to work just wanted to pop in and say Hi!

Joni135 01-09-2007 03:51 PM

Deb - I'm curious what your counselor had to say to you "We had a good discussion and she gave me some good advice to get my head back in the game and get rid of this mental block I have been having."

Pearl - Out of total curiosity, I would call the Pastor up and ask him to explain this requirement "Must pledge undying devotion to Pastor." Maybe he meant to say "devotion to Christ" and got distracted.....maybe he's just testing potential applicants to see who is paying attention. A call wouldn't hurt now, would it?

Hey - I may have found my new User Name - BootCamp Kinga Joni - thanks Kim.

Cassi - I think you get an award for the longest post of the day! LOL.

I actually have my first big work project for the year and I feel a lovely chest cold/cough brewing. Back to work. Sorry I'm missing all the personals.