3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/100822-lawl-losers-friends-january-2007-a.html)

Prazteam 01-01-2007 05:38 AM

Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
:newyear:

New Year = New YOU!!!
2007 is OUR YEAR!!! A year of healthy choices, exercise, meal planning, achieving intentions, and a year of SUCCESS!!!
WE CAN DO IT!
We ARE WORTH it!
Our families deserve the healthiest person we can be!
WE deserve to be the healthies we can be!
So, no matter what happened in 2006 - it's behind us!
2007 is here...
OUR YEAR!
We can do this together!
You can do this!

Reminder: We're asking all our LAWL friends and newbies to put LAWL in their signature or somewhere so that newbies will know and everyone will know what plan you're on. Of course, everyone is welcome here, it just makes it easier especially for the newbies, to know what plan a suggestion and/or advice is coming from!

The only failure I can have is to quit! I'm a Loser. I'm NOT a quitter!

Nascar Girl 01-01-2007 09:35 AM

Happy New Year!!:newyear:

I only made 1 resolution this year and that is to exercise!:woops:
Hope everyone is doing well in this new year! I plan to get focused and get my fat self thinner this year! Sorry I have'nt posted in a while my work schedule has been so hectic and very long hours (10 hrs + days) so here's to getting on plan and staying. I did go to weigh in Sat and was down 6 oz over Christmas....I'll take it! :D

Repo girl 01-01-2007 10:15 AM

Morning all! Welcome newbies!
:woo: :balloons: :newyear:
I would like to thank all of you for your continued support and friendship. I am really excited that so many of us will be hitting our goal in 2007, the year of US! :carrot: Now I can finally get out my awesome planner from Pearl and put it to good use. Ladies, (and Dan), you deserve to feel great. You deserve to wear the clothing that makes you feel beautiful. After all isn't that what all of this WL effort is really about? We want to look fantastic, right? I just wanted to say that at this very moment, whether you are a size 2 or a size 20, you are all beautiful women to me. Getting to know your hearts, you challenges, successes, and watching as you pull each other up and share you love and kind words has truly touched my heart. Here is to us doing it up big time in 2007!!!:dancer:

ljackson 01-01-2007 10:34 AM

Hello everyone, I am back. I am sad to say I have inched back up the scale and as of this morning I am at 169. I am back on plan as of today, I am going to get my journal out, dust it off, and get to business. I am going to throw away all the Christmas cookies and snacks in the house. I am going to get back to the gym. And I am going to post here more.
I was never gone from here. I was checking in every few days and reading the friends thread, I just kept quiet because I was being so "bad"
It looks like there are alot of new people here to get to know. I hope I can grab on to some of your enthusiaism, I have been at this a while.
I am proud of all of you regulars who have stuck with it through the holidays and have had losses, you are an inspiriation.
We can do this!

Repo girl 01-01-2007 10:39 AM

Hey Lisa, great to see you! I know what you mean about keeping quiet when you are being bad. I have done that a lot too. Probably the opposite of what we should do, huh? Anyway, great to have you back!

bizlawchik 01-01-2007 12:48 PM

Good morning ladies! Happy New Year and Welcome newbies!

Pearl - thank you for kicking off the year in your typical cheerleader fashion!

LJ - So good to see you back here. You're right about us tending to lurk when we're "bad", but that's when we need each other the most. Stay out here!

Katie - As always, your kind words touch my heart.

Kayla - Welcome back and we look forward to more of your posts.

As for me, I am definitely looking forward to eating clean and lean. Too much overindulgence in the past 2 weeks has left me feeling kinda blah. Looking forward to getting back OP.

hdsqrl 01-01-2007 01:07 PM

I'm trying hard to be POP today, and went go take down the Christmas tree today, and what did I do, but popped 2 dark chocolate covered espresso beans into my mouth. *rolls eyes* But that's IT! The rest of the day I'll be POP! I promise! ;)

Had some maddening news yesterday...someone stole my CD case out of my car, as the car was IN MY DRIVEWAY. They also tried to steal my custom taillights but only got as far as disconnecting one of them...left it dangling by the wires. Argh! We filed a police report about the CDs and gave them as close a list as I could come up with of what was taken. *sad*

Why do people have to be such punks? :mad:

At least they didn't take away my LAWL, or you guys, right? :D CDs are SO replaceable.

sznn 01-01-2007 02:02 PM

Happy New Years Everybody!!!

Lisa - great to see you back again, it out of the woodwork time for certain....we just keep popping up like mushrooms.

I am feeling resolve this first day of the New Year...but sadly I have demolished 2 lovely chocolate truffles and it isn't even noon:o
OK they are all gone and that's that.

Have a great day.
-S

Barb316 01-01-2007 02:21 PM

I am looking forward to getting on track again. I am actually looking forward to T/O tomorrow and Wednesday. I need it I think.

Last night was fun. I did to much indulging but I had a blast. Took downt he tree today and ordering my NYE pics. I love my new camera I got for Christmas. It took AMAZING pictures inside the dark bar.

Have a good day everyone.

2bfit06 01-01-2007 03:20 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Pearl, Thank your getting us fired up and ready to be losers!

I hope that you all have enjoyed the holiday season and have your games faces on.

Yes, we are worth it and I know that we can all do it. I may be doing it as I said in about 8 weeks without the COD, but I am going to do it.

Everyone, enjoy your 1st day of the year! Reflect on positive things and do something for you today.

hkychik 01-01-2007 04:42 PM

Happy New Year to ALL!!! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/party0039.gif

My resolution is to check back in with y'all more often! I miss you guys!

I am doing TO today and tomorrow - gotta get my bad self back in gear and on the weight loss train!

LJ - good to see you again!

dolphn545 01-01-2007 05:13 PM

Happy New Year Everybody! :newyear:

Time to jump back on the wagon again. I didn't dare jump on the scale yet. I'm sure I gained back all the weight, plus some.

Here's to a new year and a new beginning!

Debbie367 01-01-2007 05:29 PM

Yay Pearl! Thanks for the motivation. :cheer2:

Kayla- :exercise: Exercise is on my list this year too. Congrats on the loss during Xmas!

Katie- Thanks for the kind words. You are such a sweetheart! Meeting you all in 2006 was a huge blessing for me! I hope we can schedule an LAWL reunion/meeting, I'd love to meet everyone face to face.

Lisa- WELCOME BACK! I like your new avatar. I hope you continue to join us, we miss you.

Cassie- Happy New Year! How are you feeling? Is your back any better? I too am looking forward to eating clean and lean, I feel like a blob after all that xmas eating. YUCK.

Megan- Sorry to hear about your car getting broken into. I hope they can catch the thiefs.

Last night was a total bust...I was NOT on plan and today I feel so yucky. I did not make good food choices and have a tummy ache to prove it! Why oh why do we do this to ourselves? Starting tomorrow morning I am seriously on boot camp. NO Cheating, exercise at least 20 min. a day and PLAN PLAN PLAN my meals.

Here's :dust: to all!

Good luck and much success in 2007! :woo:

Joni135 01-01-2007 06:33 PM

Happy New Year my friends!
Lisa J, Dolphn, Lori - good to see you coming out of hiding.
Cassi - hope your back is better.
Katie - try any new dishes today? You were on a cooking frenzy the last week!
Pearl - is DS home yet? I'll bet you can't wait to see him. I saw a bunch of buses unloading at the big church across the street from my house and thought maybe they were returning from KC as well. I was just reading ALL the closing entries on the December 2006 thread and just read your prayer for all of us. You don't know how good it felt to read those words. Thanks...as always, we are blessed with your presence. To everyone that has filled out your Celebration Inventory and 2007 Intentions - thanks for taking the time to do this for YOU!
Happy 1 year anniversary Lea Ann!
My holiday indulgences caught up with me and my evil scale soared to 159. I know I did not consume that many calories to gain 8 pounds in two weeks; it's probably a combination of water retention, going back on the "pill", and (TMI) being stopped up! I'm hoping to remedy the final problem with the Smooth Move tea tonight (thanks for that recommendation Katie).
Like so many others, I'll be doing TO tomorrow. I bought the Knudsen juice on sale at Kroger - 2/$5.00. I popped on the site tonight to get the "Cassi Conconction" (recipe for Take Off juice). I put it on the LAWL recipe thread so it's easier to locate. If anyone thinks that is illegal or wrong, just let me know and I'll take it off.
Did 60 minutes exercise today; so far I'm holding true to my New Year's Intentions!

Repo girl 01-01-2007 08:47 PM

Joni- Yes, actually, I made a crock pot cream of mushroom soup tonight that is fantastic. I will post it on the recipe thread.

I cannot believe how hard of a time I am having tonight. I am really dreading going back to work tomorrow. I have really enjoyed being home.

Joni135 01-01-2007 09:18 PM

Katie - I already printed out the recipe. I'll make it Wed night so I can enjoy it after TO the next two days. It's actually getting chilly here so I'll enjoy some warm soup!

Sorry you've got the blahs about going back to work. You've definitely seemed happier spending time at home with the family. My DH feels the same way about his job lately, and I hope he figures out a solution that will make him happy!

Dan2112 01-01-2007 10:38 PM

Happy New Year everyone... My DW and I got back on plan today, for the most part, except for the popcorn I ate at the movies.. That's my one true downfall.. I just can't enjoy a movie at the theatre without popcorn.. At home it's not an issue.. But I didn't have as much as usual and shared it with the kiddos.. Luckily, we don't go the movies all that often.. lol...

TO starts tomorrow and we'll weigh in after work.. I'm not looking forward to it.. Wish us luck!

Repo girl 01-01-2007 10:54 PM

Dan- Try this for your popcorn:
Pop 1/4 cup dry kernels in the microwave in a brown paper lunch bag with the top rolled down. When the corn is popped, melt 1 teaspoon of butter with 1 teaspoon of honey, pour over popcorn, salt with Mortons, and shake well. Starch, Fat, Condiment

I always put this in my purse and sneak it in the theater, along with a baggie of grapes or orange sections.

julie6363 01-01-2007 11:54 PM

Hi everyone! I need a little encouragement.....I've lost 32 pounds so far (since mid September), and I'm starting to get really nervous that I'm not going to be able to keep it up. Nothing has prompted this, but I think the fact that I've just realized that I've never lost more than this before is really hitting home. I still have such a ways to go, and I'm just scared that I won't be able to do it.....that I'll mess it up as I've done MANY times before. I know this makes no sense, but thanks for listening.....

Julie on LAWL

brittyboo07 01-02-2007 12:27 AM

Hey Hey!! Wow yall have been chatty today! Two pages already! Thought it would be best if I got caught up tonight! So here I am getting ready for a tomorrow starting FF, going to WI and planning/shopping for meals/food. Will be a busy day not to mention I have to go to the office. I knew that I wasnt going to be starting FF till tomorrow so I didnt exaclty watch what I was eating today and had basically anything. I probably should have limited myself today and went ahead and eaten OP for today and that would make tomorrow a little easier but since its FF and not TO I didnt figure I would have any problem.

Hello to all the newbies! I am not a newbie but i fall into the category of fallen off the wagon and lost my way group lol. However I am back!

Pearl~ thanks for the heads up I will alter my user info to show im on LAWL/Red. Also thanks for the awesome start to the Jan 07 thread!!

Kayla~ WTG on the 6oz loss hey an oz is an oz!!

Katie~ Its been great getting to know you in 06 and 07 will be a great year. Sorry about you having to go back to work dont you just love holidays!

Lisa~ Hi! the one great thing about this MB is that if you fall off the wagon everyone here is right there to help you get back on!

Cassi~ I am with you on the looking forward to getting back OP!!!!

Megan~ Its OK! We have all done it and guess what it will probably happen again. As long as its not everyday all day long you are good to go!

Sznn~ hey! Arent you glad the choc is gone!!! I threw some out today lol got some weird looks but it needed to go!

Barb~ Hi! What kind of camera did you get? I am looking a several different cameras mine is about dead.

Ulanda~ Great postive message! Hope you had a great 1st day as well!!

Lori~ GL on TO!! I am doing FF tomorrow and Thursday!

dophn~ Welcome Back! I have to face the COD tomorrow too not looking forward to it but its the best shock therapy there is!

Debbie~ I will join you on that book camp! I dont know why we do that to ourselves but if you figure it out let me know!! By the way im not far from you Im in Clarksville!!

Joni~ thanks for the info i might have to stop by Kroger and stock up on a few bottles of Knudsen I will open my last bottle tomorow. GL on TO!!!

Dan~ Its great to see a guy on here welcome !!!!

Julei6363~ First off Congrats on 32 lbs that is AWESOME!!! :carrot: :carrot: I know what you are going through. I had lost 23 lbs and have never lost over 25 lbs before. I let the doubts and fears get the best of me. Once you acknowledge them and allow them to take over its hard to stay focused. Try setting a small goal to get you over that bump you normally havent gotten past and set up some kind of reward for it! i am looking forward to knocking those fears and doubts out of the ballpark very soon! I just have to get back to 23 lbs lost lol. Try to remember all the hard work you have put into this so far and all the good things and changes. Now set your mind on the next 32 lbs!!! You have come this far keep it going!!!!

Ok I am tired now its off to bed with me!

Repo girl 01-02-2007 12:55 AM

I don't think that I have ever been prouder to be from Idaho. Goooooooo Boise State Football! You guys rule!!!!!

sznn 01-02-2007 01:20 AM

Uggghh!

Today wasn't so stellar in the chow dept.
To many tempting foods around - must clean out the trigger foods and get on track.

Here's to tomorrow :cheers: (thats just water!)

-S

Repo girl 01-02-2007 08:34 AM

Julie- You know, sometimes I think that winning the mind game is half the weight loss battle. You have managed to come this far, make good choices, and form new good habits. You have lost 4 gallons of milk worth of weight. There is just no reason to turn back now. I would guess that you are feeling better than you have in a while, you clothes fit better, and your plan is running like clockwork now. Studies show that it takes 21 days to form a habit, and you have been doing it for over 3 months now. Good news, you have already put into motion good eating habits that are going to stick with you! Do you know what LAWL stands for? Lifestyle Adjustment. I believe that this plan is made to be followed forever, without much pain or sacrifice, really. You are worth this Julie!! You deserve this, and I know that you can do it. Keep your head down, keep working hard, and you will get to that goal!!

bizlawchik 01-02-2007 08:50 AM

Julie and Jodi - :welcome2:

Whitney - So nice to be able to put a face to the name. Love the avatar. Deb's right - you are a cutie.

Sherry - So glad to see you back here!

Megan Ė Sorry about your CDs. At least they didnít steal the car!

Joni Ė I know about the evil scale. I jumped (OK, maybe not ďjumpedĒ with my back and all, more like carefully stepped) on Sunday night and it soared to 210.4. I was back down to 207.4 yesterday and 204.0 this morning. ButÖ Thatís still a 6lb gain in two weeks, so I have some work to do.

Katie Ė Iím sorry about the work thing. If I had my choice, I would stay home too. But I hope that you can make the best of the situation and at least learn to like it there, or find a situation that you can enjoy. Itís much easier if you donít hate the place you are going to when you leave your kids. Hugs to ya, girl. And I love the suggestion about the movie popcorn! Thanks for that.

Julie Ė I know how you feel about the 32lbs staying off. I joined LAWL at the end of March. In June I went on a cruise with the family. I kept thinking that I was going to gain back the 30lbs I had lost in the one week, or that I would just never get back on the plan. I think a lot of us go through that around the 25-30lb mark. All of a sudden, you realize that you have really been doing this plan, and not cheating, and not quitting. You start to wonder if itís for real. But youíve come to the right place because we have all been there. The weight loss is real, and it is because of you. Itís your hard work that is making your body healthier. Just keep on keepiní on and you will see that itís not a dream.

Sznn Ė I always thought we should start a new plan January 2nd, and not the 1st. You are getting rid of the leftovers on the 1st. Donít consider it a day off plan, look at today as your first official day. So glad to see you back.

As for me, the back is getting better. I'm back at work today, but still have the painkillers in case. I was really bummed because I wanted to jump on my Gazelle this weekend, but I guess that will have to wait a week or so.

Yesterday was my first POP day in a few weeks. It felt wonderful!

To all my chickies doing TO, I wish you luck and lots of losses.

I will check in later. Hope everyone has a POP day.

winkie03 01-02-2007 08:54 AM

Hello Friends!! I'm glad to hear that most of you had a great Christmas and an overall awesome New Year. I haven't been posting much, just lurking around. I'm proud to annouce that I've maintained my weight of 133.5 during the holidays and did my best to stay POP, so i'm happy! I did allow myself to have an occasional bite of some See's candies, but that's about it. (Thank god there were no Potato Chips around!) My DH and my mom kept telling me that I can endulge a little bit because it was the holidays, but I just didn't allow myself to, because I know that once I do, there's just no stopping me. So, POP it was. I've missed so much here on the boards, so I'll try to address as many people as I can.

Pearl: You are a great motivator. I'm so glad that you're a part of our group. Thanks for starting the Jan 2007 thread.

Kayla: Congrats on the 0.6 pounds over Christmas.

Katie: So glad to finally have you back on the boards. Continued success to you this New Year.

LJackson: That's a great attitude to start the New Years off! Did you throw away all of those cookies and snacks?

Cassi: Always glad to see you. You'll get back on track, no worries girl!

Megan: Sorry to hear about your CD's and your tail light. I don't know why people have to be such punks! It just plain sucks!

Sznn, Barb, Ulanda, Lori, Dolphn, Debbie, Joni, and the rest of you that I missed.......:wave: Hello!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK ON STAYING POP!!

We can do it!! 2007!!

donisha81 01-02-2007 09:03 AM

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

Just when I thought New Year's Eve would not be a problem, I end up in Sonics drive thru. :mad: Oh well, so that was New Years Eve, so I am in a whole new year now with a whole new attitude. I am going for it this time. keep on keepin on

This year is gonna be it, by the time my Bday has come around July 5th, I hope to be down at least 50lbs...wooo hooo!!! That's about 7lbs a month . That's gonna take hard work and dedication, but I'm ready!! :belly: (me this summer ...lol.)

Well really I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and we are all gonna be :flame: this year.

Barb316 01-02-2007 09:37 AM

Britt: I got a Canon Powershot SD600... OH How I love that camera!!!!!!!!! I did alot of research before I went looking and this little camera is AWESOME! Like I said it takes awesome dark bar pics! My last one was a good camera just took dark pics.

I will catch up on personals later on! I am on day 1 of T/O~

Dan2112 01-02-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo girl (Post 1511989)
Dan- Try this for your popcorn:
Pop 1/4 cup dry kernels in the microwave in a brown paper lunch bag with the top rolled down. When the corn is popped, melt 1 teaspoon of butter with 1 teaspoon of honey, pour over popcorn, salt with Mortons, and shake well. Starch, Fat, Condiment

I always put this in my purse and sneak it in the theater, along with a baggie of grapes or orange sections.

So you put the corn in dry? and leave the bag open? Interesting concept.. I'll try it soon!. I'll skip the honey though. I don't much like sweet popcorn..

Thanks for the great suggestion!!

SandyG28 01-02-2007 10:15 AM

Back on track today (Jan 2) after a week of free for all! I'm doing TO today and tomorrow and really looking forward to cleaning the toxins out of my system. I love that juice!

Spent a day with a friend of mine who has hit her goal on LAWL and she looks so amazing. She lost 43 lbs and looks so healthy - not that lost too much look, you know? She really inspired me, as do so many of you here on this board. I'm going to try to be a bit more active on the board - maximize the support that is here to receive and try to give some back as well!

Joni135 01-02-2007 10:30 AM

Hey Rooster Dan - I'll let Katie step in, but I THINK she meant close the top (pinch the 2 sides together) and roll down a little bit. If you didn't, wouldn't the popped corn go everywhere???? I always sneak in the "healthy" popcorn when I got the movie. I'm at the point where the movie popcorn doesn't even taste good to me!

Sandy - that's great about your friend. How long did it take her to lose her lbs?

Evette - You are truly in the right mindset these days. Congrats on being POP during the holidays. I know I want this program to be my lifestyle and not a chore, but I blew it over the holidays and I'm paying for it now. I'm back on track and still trying to figure out what triggers my "cheats." I don't think I'm stressed or bored with things. Hmmmm....I'll have to ponder this for a bit.

Holly, Mama Nicole, Heather, Nance....pop in and say hi!!

MickeySue 01-02-2007 11:04 AM

Hello long lost chickies and you too Rooster Dan!

I did great over Christmas, made it through my DD's 3rd birthday and then totally crashed over New Years eve...and no it had nothing to do with alchol, just rotel and crab dip and chili and dip...dip on everything! I have never done this, okay atleast not since starting LAWL. What gives? My DS's birthday is Friday and my mind's like...Yeah, cake! And I know it should not even be going there! I am planning on a TO as soon as I make it to the store for some Knudsens!!! Wish me luck ....

I have the best DH, he got me my iPod I have been wanting...so I actually started walking again, I got my You on a Diet book,...read it in 2 days, loved it. I got a new table and chair set and fuzzy socks and sz 7 undies for when I get there! (he is planning ahead) It was wonderful...

My children are spoiled rotten, my DH is maybe neglected alittle and I am so done with traveling! I hope to stay home the rest of the month....

I hope everyone had a great Christmas as I am NOT going to be playing catch up on the Dec. thread....sorry, I just can't bring myself to do it...not that much time in my days. I wish you all a wonderful New Year and here's to goal....

Kimphin 01-02-2007 11:13 AM

Happy New Year chickies and roosters!

Oh, I am sooo on TO! New Year, new month, new week, et al! Actually like Joni and Cassi said - I'm sick of all of the holiday food. I'm ready for some good clean livin'!

Megan - Sorry about the car, it makes you feel so violated, doesn't it? When I lived in a local downtown city, my car got 'tagged' with permanent marker. I was soooo pissed!

Cassi - I'm glad your back feels better. Remember to baby it for a while even when it feels good.

Evette - you continue to astound and inspire me. I can't wait until I get in the kind of zone you are in!

Lisa - welcome back to posting! You lurker you! C'mon and post even if you are not POP, we like to talk.

Katie - it is so good to hear you in good spirits these past few weeks. I hope that this means that you are feeling better. All of these go getter attitudes on this board are making me motivated!

Joni - I know what you mean about triggers and not having any idea. I can say that this past week I did not have LAWL in the forefront of my consciousness at all. I just dropped it like a rock. I have to get over the holiday mentality. Forget the pounds gained, I feel yucky inside.

Barb - Glad you are enjoying your christmas camera so much!

OK folks, back to my knudsens (ha ha, the Knudsens company is enjoying a banner start to the year! Sales must be WAAAAY up:D )

Pearl, I hope that DS is back and enjoyed his trip. Lea Ann- yuck, back to work, huh?

Hi to all others - Nicole, Kristen, Donisha, the Debs, Meagan, and all others!

Prazteam 01-02-2007 11:39 AM

Good morning everyone!

Dan - It's great to see you out here again - but when is that gorgeous wife of your gonna come out and cluck with the rest of us chickies?

Lori - I've been thinking about you a lot lately! Glad to see you back out here. Please stay with us! I miss you when you're not here!

TO today for DH and I. DS got in at 5a.m. Monday but stayed at a friends house to sleep. Then called at 2 to let us know they had driven straight through but he wanted to stay a while longer with his friend that is going back to college today... so we let him! (Bummed he wasn't ready to rush right back home, but it was sweet last night when we got him back!) He really had an awesome time and God did some wonderful things. DS knows his calling for his life now, to be an example and a voice for his generation! WOO HOO! He's so pumped up and excited!

Well, gotta go weigh our chicken for today's TO menu. Working on cultivating come new recipes so hopefully I'll be posting some after TO (No use torturing myself!)

Today is the first day of a healthier life for all of us!!! Let's do it!
(I had lemon water already, something I never do!!!) I'm trying to arrange to pick up my Gazelle this afternoon. I'm soooo excited!
Hugs, and :dust: from the whatever we decided I was! :)

Boo'sMom 01-02-2007 12:16 PM

Katie--I thought of you last night. As an OU fan I have total respect for your guys--what an awesome game--regardless who you are rooting for! WOW.

2bfit06 01-02-2007 12:18 PM

Hello everyone,

I decided to do TO today and tomorrow. I was trying last week but was a week too early, so I am going for it today.

Sounds like everyone is ready to change things up in their lives. It's a great thing to do, get healthy.

My DD is 13 y/o and thin, I told her that just because she was thin that she should never get in her mind that she can eat any and everything, because I was the same size she is now when I was 20 y/o until I got married at 21. I explained to her that I didn't want her to live a life of yo-yo dieting, but I wanted her to learn to make healthy choices right now so that it would just be the way she eats all the time. So I have eliminated diet soda and I told her that she would only be allowed soda on occassion. She was fine with that she said she would rather have juice anyway. I also told her that her candy intake was going way down as well, she didn't take that as well.:)

DH and I have decided on the treadmill and now we have to go an order it. The one that we want isn't in the store yet, but it's the best deal. Of course I would like the Cadillac of treadmills, but I don't want to spend that kind of money.

Have a wonderful 2nd day of the New Year! It's back to work for me tomorrow.

KrispieD 01-02-2007 12:19 PM

Hello Ladies
Kim Glad to see you back!!! Well I must have had some brain meltdown between Xmas and New Years as I seemed to completely forget what LAWL was. Okay truthfully I was not that bad around the food but did indulge in cocktails. Everyone we were with yesterday went and got McDonald's for lunch, including DH and the kids but I said no to it all. Unfortunately my other choices showed a 6lb gain on my scale this morning!! Cassi you and I will both be hardcore to get rid of it! Last night we did get a thin crust veggie pizza and I made a big salad to have with it. I like Pearl and her DH have been craving the vegs and fruit like mad. Your body really does tell you what it wants!
So we all have a bit of a bug and are right tired and worn out. But DH and I are going to try and go for a walk and I am on day 1 of Takeoff. I'm actually looking forward to some plain broccoli and chicken! So my hope is that the lemon water I will be drinking like it's going out of style and the TakeOff will help get rid of the holiday gain. I know there is no way that I ate an extra 21,000 calories so it must be some retention etc.
The new avatar is of me and the girls in our Green Bay fan gear. The oldest has a cheerleader costume and the youngest a jersey. If Brett Favre retires my husband asked if I would be in mourning and wear black for a year...now that I think about it, that's an awfully slimming color!
The nicest thing about this board is to go on and see how many other people indulged, gained, cheated etc over the holidays and how excited everyone is to start anew. It's great to have the support.
For all the lurkers and MIA it's great to have you back and for the newbies, jump in and chat away, we welcome you.

For all those doing TO today and tomorrow stay strong!!! Pick a great recipe for Thursday night from the threads or your cookbooks to celebrate!

cevert 01-02-2007 12:22 PM

Where do I start??...
Well, I have been completely off plan since 12/24/06. I am not proud of myself. I however did not gain anything, and actually lost .6 of a pound at my weigh in last Thursday. I dont know how to explain that one.
I'm back to work today after 8 days off, and ready to be POP. So far so good. I'm always good at work, it's when I get home, that I get in trouble. It's like I'm starving when I get home, even if I have had an apple or soemthing right before I leave work, I really think my body is just craving carbs and thats what gets me. I ussually stay OP but have my weak moments like everyone else. I'm kinda discouraged with my weight loss, I was hoping to get that 2 lbs per week, and honestly probably would have done it, if not for cheating. So in 2007 it's my goal to cheat as little as possible, and excercise.
I hope everyone is doing well, and godd luck to everyone in 2007!

Candace Evert

Boo'sMom 01-02-2007 12:28 PM

Morning all--glad to be back. Not even gonna attempt personals. I will openly admit to being a slug lately. Just finished watching hours of the Ford funeral. Pomp and circumstance gets me every time! I am thrilled to say that as "bad" as I felt I was being (plus the post Christmas TO--loved doing it with oranges) that I am exactly where I have been since the summer. But now is the time to get back in gear--geez--how many times have I said that?!? Anyway--I won't negate the progress I have made so this is where I am and I know what I have to do--and I know that together we can accomplish so much in '07.

Welcome to the newbies! I hope you get all you need from this great site--believe me--if you have questions someone around here will be able to answer them.

Welcome BACK to the veterans--you have been missed and I am so happy you are back--stay with us. I know we all seem to drift occasionally but the fact that you drift back shows dedication to your healthy self!!

My house is STILL a post holiday wreck and I must find the motivation to put things back where they belong. Every decoration I own in now confined to the dining room so it must be boxed and put back in the attic. UGH. I have to go to work tomorrow and the kids come back on Thursday. Can you believe I already have a kid for the first day back?? No idea what he did but it must have been good.

Okay--off to do something productive--I hope!!

Boo'sMom 01-02-2007 12:31 PM

Kristen--it's okay to mourn--for a while. I sure did when Troy Aikman retired and got married! BOO HOO.

julie6363 01-02-2007 12:45 PM

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I went to the gym and worked out this morning, and then went for the weigh in......all good! I moved down to the purple plan, so that's exciting! I was watching the Ford funeral on the treadmill and Tom Brokaw said something that was really an "AH HA!" for me! He said that Ford would get so mad when he didn't do his best, but he would get madder if he stopped trying! That's how my diet is going to work!!! Have a fabulous day everyone!

Julie on LAWL