3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/100822-lawl-losers-friends-january-2007-a.html)

Prazteam 01-05-2007 11:47 AM

Dh came from COD yesterday letting me know that they have a "new" trial plan for men only ... more starches, more protein, bigger portions... they may "want" to put him on. I told him, "they work for you and if you don't want to change, tell them NO!". If it ain't broke... don't fix it!!!
Okay, gotta go.
Hugs,

Kimphin 01-05-2007 01:06 PM

Dan - For me, TO rarely works. Usually I only use it as a way to get back on plan and stop the insanity. This time I lost the most ever.

Nikki - I'm just outside of Albany, so I'm a suburban gal! Yesterday I was halfway between Albany and Poughkeepsie. I felt like Henry Hudson.

Sue1968 01-05-2007 01:10 PM

Morning everyone!

Well I did my WI today and depressed at the 1lb loss; I was down 2lbs yesterday at the gym, and now only 1lb today -- I even drank lemon water . ..

I am sort of mad because they said they would do my bloodwork again -- well that was back in November; they called and cancelled that appt. I missed Wed (I had to drive 45 minutes to get to the place and not enough time w/working out and pre-k) and then today they said, oh just call she'll be there again next wed (a different center). Well I called and they said they dont have one either until they hire someone "and they are being extremely picky" - no pun intended.

So I broke down and called my dr and asked if I could just have my thyroid tested vs. the whole physical thing; I just hate that . . especially at my wieght. I had my blood work done last year at LAWL and my #'s were okay, but ever since I started to work out (weights) last April, my weight loss has stalled. I would have been happy w/2-3lbs with doing TO this week, but its hard not to get discouraged.

I'm just going to try and stay on target -- keep up my cardio activity and hope for a good result next week.

Have agreat weekend everyone!

Joni135 01-05-2007 01:20 PM

Lea Ann - I take the big Kale pieces and tear them up so the pieces are about 3-4" in diameter. I put them all fairly close together on my cookie sheet; remember they shrink; lightly spray them with olive oil spray (PAM makes one; my olive oil spray is from Trader Joes), and sprinkle some morton salt on them. Bake about 12 minutes at 350....in the annoying words of Rachel Ray - "YUMMO"

What's all this talk about new food at the CODs? All my center had was some little soy crispie things. The samples were quite tasty, but I can't stop at one little bag and they take up a starch and Dr. Oz says these are not the best kind of starches to be eating. So, I'm not going to get any yet.

Pearl - do you think the COD will let me try the guy's trial plan? I'm extremely hungry today. I think it's the gloomy weather. I'll go drink some V8 (low sodium, of course!)

hkychik 01-05-2007 01:27 PM

Mickey - Woo Hoo! If I had the infamous woo hoo stick, I'd be waving it up and down! You go girl!

Ok everyone! Shoes... at trip to see the great and powerful Oz himself.... a day at the spa.... you are making me feel special:D ! I actually have a week at a spa/resort planned with my mom and BFF after I reach goal. (Hopefully I won't have to start over when I get back!:o ) I don't know.... when I first started this journey 75 pounds seemed like an insurmountable mountain, deserving of something extra special. Now the honeymoon phase is over, and I just want to be past it and to goal. I know it is a huge accomplishment, don't get me wrong, and I am very proud of it, but, I just don't know..... Either way, it won't be THIS week. Dang TOM, and an extremely emotional and loud battle with my 10 year old over homework and hockey (that particular episode lead to an ice cream binge- will I EVER learn????) I was up a stinking 3.2 pounds today! YIKES!!!!!!!

Montana Deb- Have I ever told you how gorgeous you are? Holy cow, girl!

Nicole - nope, not nosy at all! I am not using any supplements or lites. I started off using Luna bars, but some things happened at the COD and now I am on purple with no lites, not using any substitutions. This 75 pounds is all me, baby!

Ulanda, Thanks for the update on "Annie"... I have a budding drama queen at home - I'm hoping she'll take part in some stage works when she is old enough. That is so exciting!

Pearl!!!!!!! A big holy cow to you too! 12 freakin' pounds? http://www.mysmilie.de/english/green...ous/1/0027.gif

Okay, better get my bad self to work...stay strong, we can do this thing!

KrispieD 01-05-2007 01:40 PM

Hi Again gals
Lori that's the kind of rewards I wanted to see!!!

I walked to MIL house today to borrow her car to weigh in at COD and then walked home. Was down another .4 so I'm getting hungry to reach my next 5 lb mark of 40lb loss. That will light a post holiday fire under my arse. Still unseasonable mild here so with Daddy's help watching girls this weekend I'm hoping to get out for a walk every day.

Hope you are all having a good day and I'll try to throw another recipe or two on for you this weekend.

Joni135 01-05-2007 01:47 PM

Kristin - does you MIL live next door (LOL!!)? Now if you had said "I walked 1 mile or 15 minutes to MIL's house to borrow car" I may be copying Lori's little bowing smiley guy for you! Okay, I'm giving you a hard time because I can!
Wow - 40 lbs...what a milestone, huh? I know what you mean though when we get close to a number how much more exciting the program can seem. I was doing so good before Christmas - one day my home scale said 151.5. If I had just stuck to plan, it could very well be in the 140s but I probably won't see those now until March!

Makena 01-05-2007 02:02 PM

Heya Chickies,
Just dropping in quick on my way to yet ANOTHER hockey game for DS.
I wanted to share that I lost 3 lbs on t/o. (another 1 to go for my pre-holiday weight.) In hindsight, that food so wasn't worth it!!
I hope to catch up on all the posts when I get back!
Have a great day.

MickeySue 01-05-2007 02:05 PM

Well off to Lowes soon to but infamous paint, then to my DS's favorite Mexican resturaunt...I feel a gain coming on and really do not want one. Should I try sneaking my own food in....just double up the water or what? I have 1 Fruit, 3 veg, 1 fat, 1 fruit, 1 protein, 1 dairy, and 2 condiments left.....Is their a such thing as chicken Fajitas? Do I just go for a salad and take a veggie burger...Help!!!! I have been saving up all day for tonight and know I want it really bad but don't think I can controll my self with the chips and yummo salsa or the yummo queso or those warm tortillas and how about that guacamole....yikes! Why couldn't he have just chosen Applebees or Pizza Hut like he usually does?

MTdebster921 01-05-2007 02:07 PM

Lori- Thanks - :o Your making me blush!! You look pretty hot yourself!!:whoo:

Kim- You would think you had fallen off the earth if you were to go for a drive up here in Montana and Wyoming. I am only 15 miles out of town and I drive the interstate every day to get to work and if I pass 40 cars on the way it's like rush hour. Then next big city (if you can call it that) is 90 miles to the south, 140 miles to the west, 200 miles to the southeast and 180 miles to the north (That is in Canada!!) When we went back home and went to the mall in Colo. Spgs. There were more people in that mall than in the whole city of Great Falls. I was really glad to get back home though, I really do love my little house on the prairie. So quiet and peaceful.

Kristen- You are doing so awesome that you will reach that 40 lbs. in no time flat.

I haven't heard anything at my COD about new lites, new foods or new supplements. Heck, they haven't even gotten the word on the increase in the veggies. I think that different areas are run completely different, and my COD is a corporate center.

MTdebster921 01-05-2007 02:13 PM

Michelle- They should have chicken fajitas. Just forego the tortillas and eat the meat and veggies. Ask them how they cook it and request no oil, and very little salt. Have a glass of wine for your fruit, cheese for your dairy and a small amount of the guacamole for your fat. Try to stay away from the chips, maybe just a few if you just can't resist. Drink a few extra glasses of water today and maybe drink a couple of glasses full at the restaurant before you actually eat to fill you up some. Good luck, you can do it!!!!

juliemarie 01-05-2007 02:13 PM

Mickey-I would order chicken fajitas and skip the tortillas. Enlist your family to police the chips and salsa. Tell them they are not to let you have any. Then you just have to worry about the excess sodium.

juliemarie 01-05-2007 02:14 PM

Deb-great minds think alike!

Prazteam 01-05-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkychik (Post 1517871)
Pearl!!!!!!! A big holy cow to you too! 12 freakin' pounds? http://www.mysmilie.de/english/green...ous/1/0027.gif

Lori - Okay, now YOU'VE got me :rofl:

Remember everyone... H-A-M!!! S-A-L-T!! 10 DAYS in a R-O-W!!
I'm actually still 1.6 over where I was pre-holidays. So I'm feeling rather guilty for all the "woos" I'm getting! TO gives different results every time I do it. The first time, I gained, but I ate my food like meals... chicken, lite, chicken and broccoli, lite, chicken and broccoli. DH is the one that told me to s p r e a d it all out! So now, I eat chicken in the a.m. When I get hungry, I eat 1/2 lite, when I get hungry, I eat broccoli, then 1/2 lite, then chicken... and so on. It really helps me NOT to be hungry!

Did I ever mention that I bought a new scale before Thanksgiving? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! OMG! It is a digital stainless one, you put your dish on it and push the button and it zeros out, you put your food on it and voila! And it has an auto off feature! Now I weigh all proteins instead of "eyeing" them. Caterers are pretty good at portion control, so the eyeing was pretty good, but I love the scale! And when I'm baking, I can add the "pound of wheat flour", zero it out, add the "1/4 pound of cheese, zero out... yep... a good investment!

Joni - Not a chance they'll put you on the new men's plan... are you kidding? They'd have to be worse than a ******ed chicken to see you as a man! (no offense to any ******ed chickens that may be reading this!)

Sue - Could it be that like my dh, you're not getting enough food now that you're working out? As you know, you have to eat on this plan to lose! Just a thought. You could have someone here check it out for ya. They are a lot smarter at that than I! But no matter what happens, you keep on working the plan! You ARE getting healthier! You ARE worth it! You CAN do it!!!

Okay, gotta go...
P.S. - if anyone remembers where the post is for the benefits of lemon water... Dan is looking for it on the "lemon water help" thread.
Blessings,

MTdebster921 01-05-2007 02:14 PM

Have any of you gone to the LAWL website lately? They are revamping it. If you are in an area that doesn't offer the LA at home website, you can sign up for a weekly newsletter. If you are in an area that has it, like Cassie or Tina, go ahead and use my zip code (59404) and sign up for it anyway. Here is the latest newsletter:

I just realized that in the recipes, they didn't give a breakdown on how to count them. I sent them an email about it.

The LA WEIGHT LOSS – FREE-TO-LIVE program
is an ALL-IN-ONE SOLUTION to reaching and maintaining the weight, vitality and energy
of your dreams!

When you join L A WEIGHT LOSS you'll get great weight loss TIPS, delicious “LITE” RECIPES, and all the latest trends for staying SLIM, HEALTHY and ALWAYS
AT YOUR BEST!
http://lafreetolive.com/LA_Scoop/lawl_6wk_coupon.jpg
A Great Way to Get Started

http://lafreetolive.com/LA_Scoop/lynn_keri.jpgTELL A FRIEND - The way to ensure a successful start to any weight loss program is to first create a supportive atmosphere. Don’t overlook the benefits of losing weight with other people. Research has shown that dieters who recruited friends or family members to help them had better results losing weight and keeping it off than dieters who had no buddy system to fall back on. So grab a friend, and take the first step to a happier, healthier you!
What Should I Wear?

http://lafreetolive.com/LA_Scoop/angela_b.jpgQ: I’ve lost 53 pounds so far and now I’m down to a size 8. I don’t fit into my old jeans anymore and I’m looking for the right type. Can you give me some direction?
A: You came to the right place. We’ll break down the cut, color, and shoe.
The most important is cut - A fun cut is the cropped pant. It’s supposed to lay right to the middle of your calf, so if you’re on the short side you will probably need to rehem. Straight legs are for the ladies with skinnier legs but bigger in the belly because it draws attention away from the mid-section. For wider hips and longer legs stick with the boot cut. The slight flare offsets the width of the hips. The flare cut works best for the tall and long legged types to minimize the up top hip appearance.
Best advice on color - The darker the better. The darker threads slim your legs.
The most flattering shoe - Jeans look ultra-feminine paired with stilettos or a flirty boot that only accentuate the length of your legs.
Note: Take the time to try on different cuts to find out what best fits you. Happy shopping!
Weight Loss Success Tip

http://lafreetolive.com/LA_Scoop/list.jpgMake a list you can add to all week long instead of sitting down right before you leave for the grocery store trying to remember everything. It's easier to track the things you truly need when you write them down as you run out. Then, it’s key to stick to the list once you get to the store and try NOT to buy any extra temptations!
I'm Cravin’

So you’re craving a dessert that you can enjoy more than one bite. Perhaps something sweet? Maybe a little chocolate? Why not both - Let’s mix it up a bit (or should we say “layer it up”).
Chocolate Banana-Rama

http://lafreetolive.com/LA_Scoop/banana.jpg

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup of sugar-free, fat-free chocolate pudding, prepared with skim milk
  • 1/2 medium banana
  • 2 Tbsp light Whip cream
Preparation
1. In a dessert glass spoon half of the pudding on the bottom.

2. Cover with layer of banana slices.

3. Top with remaining chocolate pudding.

4. For decoration (and your sweet tooth) garnish with fat free whipped topping. It’s the sweetest way to get your potassium for the day. (Consider the rhyme a bonus)
Serving Size: 1 recipe
Servings:
Calories: 110
Total Fat: 1 gram

Berry Special

Did you know that cranberries are a great source of Vitamin C? They’re also a delicious and healthy addition to many baked goods and recipes. Try this out for size!
Whole Wheat Cranberry Muffins

http://lafreetolive.com/LA_Scoop/berry.jpg

Ingredients
  • 2 ¼ Cups All Flour
  • ½ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
  • ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
  • 2 Teaspoon Ginger
  • ½ Teaspoon Orange Peel
  • ¼ Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 ¼ Cups Skim Milk
  • 5 Tablespoons Butter, melted
  • ¼ Cup Egg Substitute
  • 1 Cup Cranberries, fresh or frozen (thaw). Halved or sliced.
Preparation 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan with non-fat cooking spray.

2. Mix flours, sugar, baking powder, ginger, orange peel and salt in medium bowl; set aside.

3. Blend milk, melted butter and egg in separate bowl.

4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until just blended. Do not over mix.

5. Stir in cranberries until evenly distributed.

6. Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle decorative sanding sugar on top of muffins if desired.

7. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes until lightly browned.

Serving Size: 1 Muffin
Servings: 10, 3 oz muffins.
Calories: 210
Total Fat : 6 grams