3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/100822-lawl-losers-friends-january-2007-a.html)

Prazteam 01-12-2007 09:05 PM

Kim - I don't do reverse, just my days are weird! I get up around 9-10a.m. and I'm up until around 3-4 a.m. So, I have PLENTY of time to get my food in! :)

Christine - (Love the pic! You're a beauty!) I know about the flowers! I'm sure you heard the cherry blossoms are out in DC! It's gonna be a really sad spring if everything comes out now just in time to die with a quick frost! And I'm SICK (can you say sick!) of rain and they're calling for it almost every day this coming week!!! YUK!!! Okay. I know. It could be snow or ice... just let me have my moment... okay, I've over it!

Barb - With the soy sc - be sure to drink the lemon water even though there's not too much of it! This recipe will be one of our staples since we eat so VERY little pasta!

Katie - I'm so proud of you!!! I KNEW this was going to be YOUR YEAR!!! :whoo:

Okay, back to work... :comp:

Dan2112 01-12-2007 09:24 PM

Hey gang...

Well, I made it out pretty much unscathed from the BBQ lunch.. I'll admit I had a few fries,but I limited my meat intake and drank like 5 pint sized glasses of water with lemon.

We'll see how things go tomorrow with WI in the morning.. Unfortunately, food takes a few days to add actual weight to the body so I won't really know until Monday if I made it out in good shape..

Luckily, this weekend should be low key, with no major activities, so we should be POP...

Makena 01-13-2007 12:06 AM

I just wanted to say thanks to Deb for posting the recipe for Ricotta Pancakes. What a great recipe!! I used it this morning, and couldn't believe how good they were. It is a great way to use a protein. I like starches in the morning, but they never stick with me like protein does. This felt like I was eating a starch, but worked like a protein! (That's my endorsement!! ;) LOL)

Glad to see everyone is posting lots and doing well.
Dan, You exercised great willpower at the BBQ. Way to go!

Katie, Good for you and your approach to the cupcakes! I'm proud of you.

It is so good to hang out with others who are making good choices. I have a great friend whom had become a partner in crime - we used to join in and think it was okay to cheat as long as we did it together...where's the logic?? (we don't do that anymore!)

Kristen-You are hitting Milestones like crazy!! I am jealous of your success. (or maybe I admire your success would be a better description than jealous:hug: ) Did the delivery guy show up, or was he mugged on the way??

Boo's Mom - I'm actually finding that I stay better POP when I do eat heavier, more filling in the first half of the day (it's hard to put the effort into larger meals in the morning, though!) I like your quote.

Pearl - Good luck with the position at the church (I'm sure no luck is needed!)
Keep those recipes coming.
I really like hearing what recipes you like. I've never really enjoyed cooking, and dislike trying new recipes without a recommendation from someone who has tried it.

Nicole - Your DH sounds like such a great guy. You deserve each other. I've been meaning to ask you how your oldest DD is doing, I've been thinking about her:) ....

Everyone I've missed (nothing personal, my brain only goes a few directions at a time..lol), I hope you have a great, POP weekend.:carrot:

Well, I'm off to go plan some menus......Nite eveyone

dolphn545 01-13-2007 08:33 AM

Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Finally went into the COD yesterday to WI. Up 0.6. Not too bad, considering that when I WI on Saturday, I had gone in shorts & a tank top, and when I WI yesterday, I had on heavier clothing, and it was also later in the day.

I had to meet with the new manager, and of course she's sitting there trying to sell me lites, Excel, and every other product that they sell. (This coming from a 95 lb woman, who I doubt ever had to do LAWL)
When she went to "help" me with my meal plan, she, of course, incorporated 1 lite per day (knowing perfectly well that I don't have any lites left). :rolleyes:

Anyways, CONGRATS to all those that have lost this week!! :dance: :dancer:

:goodluck: to those who still have to WI.

We can do this!!

BTW - KATIE - WTG on the NSV with the cupcakes!!

BusyBee3 01-13-2007 09:26 AM

Good Morning!!

I think I had a pretty good night last night - I had a little extra wine but not too bad - ordered some ceviche and a house salad. I walked through all the art displays and DID NOT eat one bite of all the snacks they had.....big NSV for me!! So I got my lemon water (from the ceviche) and my exercise!! :)

Have a wonderfel POP day everyone!!

Christine

Repo girl 01-13-2007 10:04 AM

Morning all! Well it is definitely a jammies day here today. 29 below zero with windchill. We are not going ANYWHERE!

Pearl- Thanks girl, I am really feeling strong! Oh, and we will gladly trade some weather with you, LOL.

Rhonda- I love those pancakes too, I eat them about 3 times a week. Oh, and on the partner in crime, my DH and I used to be that way too, but not anymore!

Sherry- Sorry the COD was PITA. Good thing that you already know the ropes, huh?

Dan- Great job at the barbeque place. I doubt that you see any ill effects at all.

Christine- Great NSV! I'll bet you are feeling so good about that.

2bfit06 01-13-2007 10:17 AM

Good morning all,

Went to WI and can you say disappointed. I am only down .6 after doing FF on Wed/Thurs. I promised that I would give Red1 a try for two weeks, so I will stick to my word, but I still think it's too much food.

Have a great day everyone!

Repo girl 01-13-2007 10:35 AM

Wow, red 1? That is a lot of food. I thought that your were on red, not red one.

Angie 01-13-2007 10:54 AM

I had to go for another WI today...down another 1.2 That inspired me to go shopping yet again. I can't believe how much money I've spent on groceries in the last week! At least I can be proud of my fridge, if anyone opens it, it's full of fresh food. I also got a great deal on lites via Ebay yesterday. I'm getting 6 boxes and 16 shakes for $68.00 Yippee! My COD really hasn't made a strong push for the bulk buy yet. If they bring it up I just tell them I can't afford it and I'll buy as I go. They must not be great sales people, because they haven't tried to overcome my objection once yet!

Kristen -- I did find the lite laughing cow cheese at Fortino's, so I'm sure they have it at Loblaws as well.

I'm going to the movies/dinner tonight to celebrate a friend's bday, so I bought a little pack of 3 cheese popcorn to bring with me so I won't feel as tempted, I'll bring my lite for the movie as well. The caramel ones really are yummy.

I hope everyone has a day full of good choices.

KrispieD 01-13-2007 12:55 PM

Morning All
I did find the Laughing Cow cheese at Loblaws so thank you Angie!!
I'm ready to whip up my noodles on Friday as part of the Slimdown challenge!

Had my church class this morning and took banana bread and resisted. Drank a smoothie before hand made with a Vanilla Lite, 12 strawberries frozen and half a banana.. YUMMY! Tonight we are out for dinner with my parents, no kids. I think this is the first time we'll have had a dinner together with no kids. Looking forward to it and we are going to the Japanese steak house. I've left myself a protein, 2 veg, 1 starch and a fruit for the dinner so hope to be fine and should be okay for sauces and salt as they cook right in front of you. I am going to lick my plate as my brain knows TO is coming on Monday and plans to savor every morsel!
I didn't get to COD today to see if Canada has actually got any LAWL stock yet.. if there is nothing in the centre on Monday I will need you all to put aside a few dollars for my bail as I shall hunt down "Mike" in his truck, force him off the highway and truckjack his vehicle.. I will then drive the truck loaded with products and back it into my backyard, empty my pool and hide them all in there.. waaa hhhaaaaaa
Seriously I cannot get Key Lime or Snickers or Caramel Deluxe here so I'm going to have to send some Canuck Cash to Kim so she can send me a shipment!!

Off to get some work done b4 babysitter come tonight and spend some time with my little monkeys..!!

Have a great day everyone!

Angie 01-13-2007 01:15 PM

Kristen -- Good for you on resisting at your meeting. I was at my COD this morning and the shelves were full...I wonder how long it will last? I picked up a box of Caramel and one of Cookie Dough to hold me through until my ebay order arrives. There was also an almond delight and peanutbutter flavour on ebay, but my COD didn't have them. :(

KrispieD 01-13-2007 01:17 PM

Ah "Mike" must have stopped at your store. I'll be storming my COD on Monday so hopefully for the sake of the staff and their personal safety we will have product :)

lak_55119 01-13-2007 01:33 PM

Hi everyone
I haven't been out here for a long time but I have still been on LAWL. It has now been a year and I still need to lose 7 pounds. This year I only gained 1 pound over the holidays and have now lost it. Has anyone found a replacement for trimax plus some where else. I was buying it on ebay but have not been able to find any. It really does seem to help me but I don'y want to spend $80.00

lak_55119 01-13-2007 01:40 PM

Hi everyone
Glad to see so many are still hanging in there with lawl. I haven't posted for a long time but have been checking out the posts occasionally. I have now been on the program for 1 year. Almost done. The last 10 have been real slow. Does anyone know of a good substitute for the Trimax plus. I usually buy it on ebay but there isn't any listed now. It really does seem to help with my appetite.

Prazteam 01-13-2007 02:14 PM

Katie - It's 70 degrees here - I have my windows open airing out the house. (Does that sound like someone's mother?!?) Anyway, I'm a believer in fresh air, so I'll take it! Sorry, but I like FRESH air - not FRIGID air!!! So no trade!

Was at the bowling alley with my boys for their youth league this morning. Went to a friend at the front desk and asked for a piece of paper (to write my grocery list on) and she said, "Only if I can give you an application too". Okay, so I find out that they are "desperate" for dependable help... Hmmm, I wonder if that's a sign?... My ODS could get a job there too, which would kill two birds with one stone for us as far as transportation right now... DH said to wait and see how the church application goes but the deadline on that isn't until 1/22... Man, I hate this stuff! Of course, I have no idea what either of them pays, but anything is better than "nutten"! :)
Gotta go cause Digger's gotta go and the boys are out with friends at the movies and having dinner... (I'm scoring mom credits as we speak!)
Hugs,

SaskNewfie 01-13-2007 03:36 PM

Well, I had my weigh in this morning...down another 3lbs. That's 19 lbs in just over 3 weeks...although it was 5lbs gone since Monday. I'm not surprised that I didn't lose more since I cheated several times during the week. The 270's are behind me...the 260's are gone...hopefully in a couple days I can say goodbye to the 250's!!

They took my measurements again today. I lost 2 inches off my neck; 1 1/2" off my chest; 3" off my waist; and 1" off my hips...that's 7 1/2" gone since 22 Dec 06! I'm pretty excited...not sure what the norm is for losing.

Repo girl 01-13-2007 03:38 PM

Wow Jason, that is incredible, great job!!!!

Makena 01-13-2007 04:02 PM

Wow Jason! You are doing outstanding!!!!!
I am pleased about my w/i this am. I am down 1.4lbs from Thursday:) Goes to show that pre-planning makes ALL the difference to me. Now if only, I could keep up the pace....

Pearl, That fresh air feeling is so wonderful. I definately won't be doing that today - too cold for me. An unusual -4! It would be neat if you and your son got to work together. I would think that a bowling alley would be a fun place to work.

Kristen, good for you for skipping the banana bread. (that's one of my favs!!)
I hope you have a great time at the Japanese steak house - you will have to let us know how it goes! (I think it would be pretty LAWL friendly)

And let me be the one to start Kristen's bail fund...we will come get ya girlfriend!:dizzy:

MomOfThreeTeens 01-13-2007 04:57 PM

I did it, I did it! Its ok to pat yourself on the back around here right? :-) My goal for the rest of the week was .4 pounds to bring me to my 40 pound mark. WI this morning and I was down 1 whole pound! making the grand total, 40.6. Guess staying POP really makes a difference LOL Now if its still off on Monday I'll believe it!
Hope everybody enjoys the rest of their weekend!

Barb316 01-13-2007 04:59 PM

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Way to go to all you losers! You are all doing such a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Mama Nicole 01-13-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makena (Post 1530213)
Wow Jason! You are doing outstanding!!!!!
I am pleased about my w/i this am. I am down 1.4lbs from Thursday:) Goes to show that pre-planning makes ALL the difference to me. Now if only, I could keep up the pace....

Oh course you can. Rhonda........change your MIND girl!!! Your self dialogue needs to say, "I KNOW I can keep up the pace........look how well I've done this week!!!"

Mama Nicole 01-13-2007 05:28 PM

Hey everyone....
We had a wicked ice storm here......our power was out from 6:00 a.m. until just about a half an hour ago. Thank goodness it is back. My brother and DH are supposed to be moving my staircase today. They are going to start now, but a whole day gone........bummer. Have to run, I have a house full of company, but wanted to say hello real quick :)

BusyBee3 01-13-2007 06:34 PM

Good Evening All-

BIG Congrats to all the losers!! :carrot:

Katie - Wish I could share our warm weather!! But snuggling in jammies with a nice fire is fun too!! :sunny:

Ulanda - Hang in there. I wanted to switch plans this week also but COD decided that I should just increase my exercise....but some days I feel like I am struggling to eat all my food. Give it another week and see what happens...

Angie - Caramel Crisp is my favorite lite - do you have that or just the Choc Caramel?

Kristen - sounds like you planned well. Japanese steakhouses and hibachi grills are my fav!! ENJOY yourself tonight!! Date nights are so fun!! Congrats on your church meeting and the banana bread....I am cooking chili for the church chili cook-off tomorrow right now. How do I manage not eating at the Fellowship Lunch?

Pearl - LOVIN the fresh air!! I had some errands and such to do today and when I got home I had a clean, fresh house thanks to DD. She got a huge hug for that!!

Sask - WTG!! You are doing wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

Kim (Momof3Teens) Woohooo, you deserve to pat yourself on the back!! You did it!! Awesome!!

Rhonda - You can and will do it!! Youfound what works!! :)

This is my first attempt at a long personal.....I know I missed a few wonderful people - so BIG HELLO to everyone!! I had a good day - haven't filled out my diary so need to see what I am lacking....making a nice dinner of cornish game hens, rice, and veggies....think I can even have a glass of wine with dinner!! Think I will go check......

Christine

Debbie367 01-13-2007 06:55 PM

Good evening! Wow - you guys are really losing, congratulations!!!! :cp:

Jason- LOVE the "Dickey Do" story...totally cracked me up. I've been chuckling all day. :lol:
Way to go on your loss, inches and all!!!

Dan - ^5 on the BBQ temptation. It's examples like yours that help me do the same thing...keep posting!

Katie- Hang in there - don't let your boss pull anything shady and don't sign anything unless you are 100% comfortable. 29 BELOW!?!?!? burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Angie - I went shopping today too and LOVE having a fridge full of fresh veggies and healthy choices. WTG on the Ebay purchase!

Kristen - Enjoy your 'adult' dinner! Have you searched Ebay for the lites you want?

Laurie - Welcome back!

Pearl- You will find something soon. I think it would be fun to car pool with your ODS and working at a bowling alley sounds like fun. I wonder if you can bowl for free?? Might be good exercise.

Kim - Congrats on hitting the 40lb mark!! :cheer2: You derserve a reward, maybe new clothes or a weekend trip. Treat yourself!

Christine - Yummy- Cornish game hen and rice sounds delish. I love that wine counts as a fruit on our plan :cheers:

As for me...well girls you all know I am as silly as I can be. Today I went to the COD and not only was I down 1.5 lbs but I took my camera and took a picture of my very favorite counselor, Emily!!!! I thought you all would get a kick out of it, I know I did!!!! I think the other counselors were jealous :LOL:

Oh and the other good news of the day is I lost another 2.5 inches. I know it's not much but I am totally fired up about it. It has really helped my frame of mind. I was so excited that I bought the cookbook. I think my COD was in shock because I never buy anything.

Hugs to all!

Debbie367 01-13-2007 06:55 PM

Nicole...LOVE the new avatar...You're a hottie :-)

Repo girl 01-13-2007 07:17 PM

Dang Nicole! Great picture, you are beautiful!

Makena 01-13-2007 07:31 PM

Oh Debbie, You crack me up taking a pic of your fav counsellor - that's really cute. Way to go on the loss (pounds and inches):carrot:

Nicole...You are so beautiful. Just like on the inside.:) You remind me of the kind of girl that everyone at school wanted to be friends with cuz they were so darn adorable, positive, and bubbly.:hug:

Kim, Congrats on the 40# mark!!!:carrot: A reward is definately in order.

Christine and Nicole, thanks for the encouragement - you know what? You are right, I can do it (I will say that over and over and over, then maybe it will eventually sink in..lol):dizzy:

Christine - care to send some of your warm weather my way?? I love warm weather so much more than the cold! (mind you, it has been wonderfully sunny the last couple of days....)

To everyone else - "Hi" :) , I'm not so great in the personals department, but I'm thinking of you!

I'm off to search the recipe thread for inspiration......

Prazteam 01-13-2007 08:02 PM

Okay Nicole - Go back to the other avatar! My whole household is drooling over the new one - even my pooch! :lol3:

I think we're gonna fill out the applications. ODS went in after I left and asked for an application and the same lady about fell over herself to get him one! (They know us and we have a good reputation there!)
So, we'll see what happens. We'll drop them off on Monday or Tuesday.

Jason - Way to go! You're doing great!

Momof3teens - You are too!

Christine - My windows are STILL up!!! :whoo:

Debbie - You are such a doll baby!!! I could just squeeze you (that's a big hug just in case you didn't know!) :hug:

Okay, gotta go. We're on our Jammie Sunday Eve!!!
Hugs,

Dan2112 01-13-2007 09:12 PM

Evening all..

we did our WI today and we were both down .6.. I'm a little disappointed, but in the grand scheme of things, I guess I can't complain.

Took my son to a birthday party and resisted the big bags of chips and numerous pizzas..

Of course, my daughter has friend over tonight and what did we have for dinner? Pizza... :lol:

Jason - That's a lot of loss.. I'm glad the program is working for you.. However, I would be concerned if you lost more than 5 a week.. My doctor said that losing more than that can be detrimental.. So be careful, eh?

And of course, I'm jealous... My average is 2.5 a week, so I'm cooking right along, but have been a little discouraged lately as I can't seem to really "get in gear" I'm bouncing up and down too much and it's ticking me off..

Sorry I'm kinda in a blue funk today...

BusyBee3 01-13-2007 09:28 PM

Good Evening Everyone,

Dinner was yummy - I measured carefully so I think I am ok. During the week DH takes care of dinner for the family, although, ODD takes turn eating at home and with DBF (dear boyfriend) - and I make my LAWL friendly dinner. Weekends I love to cook family meals.

Nicole - BEAUTIFUL picture!! :) You look so happy! I took my own picture...LOL...hard to fake a smile! Bless you and your house guests with no power!! That would have been tough.

Debbie - Mmmmm, red wine is my passion!! I opened a wonderful French wine tonight - can you say "to die for!!" You deserved the cookbook - wtg on the loss!! I think I might buy the cookbook but I am waiting for a credit to kick in....

Rhonda - Lots of sunshine to you too!! BTW, you are almost half way to goal!!! That is huge!! :) Yay for you!!

Pearl - Someday we will meet for a LAWL friendly lunch or coffee - you must be one of the sweetest people! :) You will find your calling - be patient. God gives us our gifts and you certainly have not been forgotten.....be it the bowling alley or the church it will work out.

As for everyone else, have a wonderful evening!!

:) Christine :)

twopugs 01-13-2007 09:37 PM

Wow, you are all doing so well ....:bravo:
My husband did LAWL this week with me and lost 6 pounds...can u believe it! He loves it and he is home now, so it helps because he is using the cookbook and makin' good healthy dinners. I'm only down 1 so far, but good enough for me.

For breakfast this week I changed up, I used to eat Kashi w/milk and got bored, this week I put 1 Yoplait FF yogurt with 1/2 cup Knudsen's Morning Blend Juice with Ice and 2 tsp Benefiber in the blender and drank it, ..it really held me, I wasn't hungry all morning.

I came home early from work, head is pounding, must be getting a cold or flu, so I"m in bed watching the playoffs, happy the Colt's won, now I'm hoping New Orleans wins. But the big one is tomorrow.......GO BEARS:jig:

Have a happy day!;) Lori

BusyBee3 01-13-2007 09:38 PM

Dan,

I am reading yor quote.......Failure isn't about falling down. Failure is staying down - Marillion......you have done so many things right - focus on that. Keep your head in the game and the "right" choices you have made. You too are so close to half way to your goal.......and you have such wise words for all of us.....remember to be nice to yourself too! Your heart health has improved dramatically - so be patient - the scale will follow.

Christine

BusyBee3 01-13-2007 09:44 PM

Lori - Thanks for the yogurt tip. I typically eat yoplait yogurt with frozen fruit (no sugar) and Fiber One or All Bran. I can pack that easily. On the weekend I might try the smoothie though - yum-o!! :)

twopugs 01-13-2007 09:47 PM

Christine-
Sure, hope you like it, I loved it, I can drink it in my car on the way to work. I can't eat cereal while I drive so that gives me an extra 10 mins in the morning! Lazy me in the mornin'
:o

BusyBee3 01-13-2007 09:58 PM

Lori - What a good point!! I didn't even think about that - I could throw it in the blender while I am packing my lunch and drink and drive..( ;) ) DH just got me a new travel cup too.... :)

Thanks again!

Dan2112 01-13-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BusyBee3 (Post 1530502)
Dan,

I am reading yor quote.......Failure isn't about falling down. Failure is staying down - Marillion......you have done so many things right - focus on that. Keep your head in the game and the "right" choices you have made. You too are so close to half way to your goal.......and you have such wise words for all of us.....remember to be nice to yourself too! Your heart health has improved dramatically - so be patient - the scale will follow.

Christine

Thanks Christine.. You're right.. I'm just having one of those days, I guess. Sometimes I focus on helping others with my so-called words of wisdom that I forget to watch out for myself. It's a problem I've always had whether in the real world, or the cyber world..

I appreciate the support from you and everyone else!

Angie 01-13-2007 10:32 PM

Pearl - I'm very jealous of your great weather. We were in Virginia Beach over the holidays, and we got a few of those nice 70 degree days. It's hard to face the cold that's setting in here! Good luck with the bowling alley application.

Jason - Excellent results on WI! That's amazing. My DH isn't on the plan, but he's eating the same dinners as me, and finds nothing but fresh food in the fridge, and he's lost about the same as me in the last week, only he's also eaten chips and other stuff like that. I think men are just a bit luckier that way. C'est la vie, good for you!

Kim - Congratulations on hitting the 40lb loss mark! WTG!!

Christine -- The box I picked up today is Caramel Crisp...they are delightful! I like the other caramel ones too though. just not as much.

Debbie -- WTG on your lbs and inches lost!

Dan - I had pizza tonight too, I'm counting it as a CC. I hope your blue mood passes. Seeing people as committed and successful as you have been is so motivating to me.

Angie 01-13-2007 10:34 PM

I forgot to ask...

Is it normal to become 'irregular' while on LAWL? It just occurred to me today that there hasn't been much going on for me this week in terms of BMs. It's strange, because I don't know when was the last time I ate so many fruits and veggies. :?:

Kimphin 01-13-2007 10:58 PM

Angie - actually, you do need to be careful because you can get constipated while on the plan (my COD asks every time I'm there). If your problem continues - a couple of pages back Nicole had a website for a remedy.

Jason - you are doing great - get ready to bid the 250's goodbye!

Nicole - Beautiful picture! Hope the stairs get moved (now THAT's a project!)

Kristen - You're cracking me up - I hope that Mike has come and gone from your COD! Save your Canuck Cash for your bail!

Grocery shopped today for the slimdown challenge coming up. I'm all excited! Have a good rest of the weekend all!

Dan2112 01-13-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suziewan (Post 1530546)
I forgot to ask...

Is it normal to become 'irregular' while on LAWL? It just occurred to me today that there hasn't been much going on for me this week in terms of BMs. It's strange, because I don't know when was the last time I ate so many fruits and veggies. :?:

Oy! Do I know what this is like... I've been making up for it by increasing my fiber intake and occassional cups of the LAWL tea, aptly named "Nature's Reply"... I almost split a gut when they told me what it was called.

For cereal, I eat either Fiber One or All Bran, but I've had better luck with the All Bran.. I'm also considering taking some fiber suppliments like Metamucial (sp?)...

My body was so used to eating mostly crap food that when I switched to a healthy diet, it didn't know what to do!