Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh! Another thing I wanted to share/ask...

Do any of you have personal goals for daily water and/or fiber intake? I have noticed that fiber, even more so than protein, is the thing that helps me to stay full between meals. I really like Fiber One (original) cereal with bananas on it. Also, apples and vegetables tend to be high fiber. And I TRY to drink two 64-oz bottles of water every day. I've heard Crystal Light finally has a 'natural' drink mix, so I may check it out. I do get kinda sick of plain water.

Just thought I'd ask!
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #32  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Fresno- So glad the scale is in your favor!!! I am NOT getting on the scale till Monday- I am afriad it might read the same.. who knows!

I drink over 100oz of water a day easy! I drink it with a straw, and it helps..weird I know. I carry a 36 oz water bottle around with me at ALL times!

AS far as fiber- eeeh I dont really pay attention to how much I take.. I have flax seed in my oatmeal and I try to make sure most of my non veggie and fruit carbs are fiber!

Hope you have an awesome weekend- I am sure I will be on!!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #33  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Wendee: I'll have to admit, just reading your posts makes me 1. exhausted (in a good way) 2. encouraged & 3. accountable to my own exercise regime!! You seem to have so much energy! But I will tell you, we are similar in weight and I DEFO don't think I look so well in my present weight as you do! U GO GIRL!!!
My hubby also thinks I am an addict of this site--partly b/c I AM. I get out of bed, and I can think of a million excuses to not exercise or I say "y bother?" but then, after reading a few posts, I am so encouraged! I pull myself together and think--if ALOT of other ladies don't "wanna" do this and DO, so can I!!

Fresno: Thanks for starting this thread! It is just plain HARD to loose 20-30 lbs and keep it off when that's all you have to loose! Water really isn't a problem for me. I really only drink 3 things: Water, Diet Coke, and Merlot (and in NO particular order) I do however struggle some days with not getting my 64 oz a day in. But using MFP (my fitness pal) HELPS!!! If I c I have a couple cups to go b4 bedtime, I usually just gulp them. I take Maca and Alive (multivitamin) and I ALWAYS try to drink 12 oz when taking them!
When I work out, I keep 32 oz with me, b/c I am one of the ones who has to drink drink drink during the workout!

Happy: I feel u on the "tots and fries"! My DH is a junk food fanatic! (His weight shows it, but he really isn't interested in getting control of it and I don't push him). Just this week, I came home after Zumba class to find a Large pizza from Little Caesar's on the eye level shelf of the fridge! I said to him "REALLY!!! Will u please remove that from the eye level shelf"

I am extremely happi this morning. I got a new scale and validated it with my MD's scale yesterday. I've been off phen for 4 weeks and this was my first real weigh-in since. I'm down 2.6 lbs!!!!!!
I re-weighed this a.m. just to be sure that's really what I was from overnight and I am now 157.6

Today is jam packed: Zumba, theatre, and dinner. I'll be on late tonight! Have a FABULOUS Saturday

((soon 2b de-escalating ticker)) HA
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Happy Saturday, ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm staying away from the scale for a few days since we had PF Chang's last night, and it probably had more sodium than I've consumed in the past two weeks. lol!

Taking a bit of a rest today. We're going to run some errands and hit the local 'Earthfest" then see some live bands tonight.
I'll get back on the exercise wagon tomorrow.

Have a great day! Keep up the good work!
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #35  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Hey everyone!!

K9Owner- Im glad I can have an impact!! And thanks for the compliment on my pics! Im only about half way to my overall goal, but I have realized it is taking FORVER, so I am just going to concentrate on my mini goals!

Went to kickboxing this morning!! And then the family and I went to a local breakfast joint and had some brunch! I had a california scramble- 4 scrambled eggs, tomato, avocado, and peper jack cheese- I only ate half of it, so I have breakfast tomorrow! Then we ran some errands... I found a few books at hastings called, "The Clean Diet". It seems to be the best option for me, so I am excited to get reading. I also bought a cook book by the same gal, so I might try one of those for fun tonight!!

I might go on a jog later, we will see.. I think I might take a nap- I never EVER take a nap.. but I deserve it!!

Hope your Saturday is awesome!!
Old 04-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #36  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Oh yeah..

Fresno mentioned this.. but if you all wanna add me on facebook, you can!
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...rettigmorrison
Old 04-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 160/160/128

Height: 5.4

UGHHHHHHHHH!!!! good news and bad news........
The good news is last night we bought a new 60" led 3 D tv and the thing is awesome!!!!! we are hysterical all walking around with these stupid 3d shades!!!
the bad news is Im going to have alot of time to watch it because I really hurt my back moving the old tv out ( the thing is about 200 lbs!! ) my son hubby and I all had it when my son suddenly decided "it hurt his fingers too much so he just let go!!! I felt my back go out instantly. I am so grumpy because I can barely move!!! I have been through this numerous times before...I have to wear a brace and take it easy for a few days.
I am hosting Easter tomorrow( due to scheduling conflicts with all of the guests)
instead of next week, so I've got tons to do. The family really helped today so I think we will be fine... Im just a grump... AND I want to eat!!!!!
ok enough whining!!!! whew!! I feel better, thanks for listening!!!
HAPPYPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 150/150/120

Height: 5.3

I have to lose 37 lbs. And I have no friend here so far.
Sanya77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:45 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 251/251/198

Height: 183 cm

hello Fresno,

you can leave me a message as well, I think I've to lose 30 pounds as well (or more), I don't know how to convert from kg to pounds.

best wishes
xgaynicole1984x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #40  
is chubby

Hello
I have 30 pounds to lose also so I hope I can join in.

Since three weeks I finally started with the last part of my "changing my lifestyle" plan. In the previous year I abandoned take-out food, sodas, most sweets and all kinds of animal flesh in my diet.

Now I begun the 30minutes a day cycling, 3 times a week weight-lifting and doing crunches and 1700 calories a day regime.

It went well so far. I was 162 pounds three weeks ago and now am 159. I know it isn't spectacular, but it has been a stable, slow weight-loss without any deviation from my program and without making me feel tired at all.

I know I am not the type that can do extremely tough and quick changes all at once, this is why it took me a whole year to prepare for my diet, doing small gradual changes each month.

Now I hope I will endure through the rest of my life eating healthy and less.

I can always use support
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 229.6/187.66/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Is it too late to join? As of this morning I have 30.36 pounds to lose. Sorry it's so exact, I weigh in on the wii and have to multiply it by 2.2 to get from kg to lbs . I've lost 34.32 pounds already (so I'm just over half way there!).
MeltinMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #42  
~Krystal~

to everyone, especially the newcomers to this thread.

Busy weekend for me, but I managed <1400 cals Sat and <1400 Sun. I love Zumba and go 3-4x/week. I went Sat and today, I ran 2 miles. I am going to weigh every 4-5 days and post the results. I have never weighed every day.

Hope you're all having a great weekend
Old 04-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #43  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgaynicole1984x View Post
hello Fresno,

you can leave me a message as well, I think I've to lose 30 pounds as well (or more), I don't know how to convert from kg to pounds.

best wishes
To convert kg to pounds, the # x 2.2= pounds
To convert lbs to kg, the #/2.2=kg
Old 04-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #44  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Hey hey everyone!!

Welcome newcomers!!

This weekend was great for me! I didnt workout at all today- too busy with Family things, but I went to bootcamp yesterday morning! If yall wanna see what kinda workouts I do, here is a link to my kickboxing class- I am in all black with pink gloves doin the side step thing!! Its a ton of fun!! Check it out..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b0Ph...layer_embedded

Saturday's are my "free" days but I did pretty good.. the only thing that I really ate that was off track was a buttermilk buscuit with butter and jam for breakfast- other than that.. I was on track!

Last night I made spaghetti- all from scratch! I picked up a book called the Eat-Clean Diet.. and so far I LOVE the idea behind it. So of course, my spaghetti was "clean". I also picked up a book called "The Eat This Now! Diet" It has some really yummy low calorie all natural recipies as well! YUM!!

DH got layed off from his jobon Friday- so we have been pretty stressed with all of that! YIKES! But other than that, things have been good!!

Hope ya'll had a great weekend!!
Old 04-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 174.6/174.6/118

Height: 5'5"

Hope I'm not too late to the game here but I need to drop 30 pounds at least and need all the support I can get.

This morning was one cup of Raisin Bran and 1/2 cup of whole milk (can only do whole) and lunch is a tomato and a sausage which is from last night's dinner. Usually I plan my lunches better but time got away from me this morning. Tonight will be one cup of cooked pasta and tons of steamed broccoli with a touch of olive oil and plenty of fresh squeezed lemon.

I've have wanted to cycle home from the ferry I take to my house but was worried about not making it up the hill through my village but I acutally made it yesterday - with my six year old daughter leading the charge! No swim lesson this week but I'll be off to the pool on my own to do the work I need to do.
Hungry in NZ is offline   Reply With Quote