Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well!

Yhahmd, I didn't even realize we could subscribe to threads, and I've been using this site for a WHILE, lol!

Wendee, CONGRATS on the hot jeans and fitting into the small size! Good work! Obviously your hard work is paying off! (Whether or not the scale reflects it.)

I cannot believe you're 5'6" (I'm 5'6"/5'7") - obviously you have TONS of muscle going on! I still have flab everywhere. lol.

What's everyone eating today? I am hungry as usual. Have not had lunch yet, but plan to do so soon. This morning I was running late too, so I've only had an apple and a grapefruit, lol.
Time to get more groceries, I think.
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 163/160/130

Height: 5'2"

Default ugh and thanks!

So I joined this thread, I think just yesterday and my diet has been horrible today! That seems to happen to me a lot. I'm always like ok here I go, totally committed and the the first day I eat any and all crap in sight! So I start again. Actually I have been good for awhile so it's about time I fall off the wagon. Why loose more than 3 lbs. I guess! It is so annoying!

I find if I don't have junk in the house then I don't eat it. If I don't drink diet pop then I don't want junk. Still sometimes I find myself wanting to eat because it's habit or I'm bored or really because of any emotion I could eat. Not having the junk or diet pop really helps.

I will start again and keep posting and checking in with this thread. Everyone on this thread are the only people I know who are actively trying to lose weight. I am grateful that you are all here even if I'm not doing so hot today. Thanks!
jenjen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #63  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Fresno- I am going grocery shopping after the gym tonight! I got a couple of really great cookbooks that basically have recipies for my families favorite recipies for at least half the calories and other yucky stuff. Plus eating clean! Yay!! So I have a bunch of stuff to get. You and hubby should move here so I have a friend I can relate to!

Jenjen22...
I had the same issue with diet soda. I was ADDICTED to Diet Coke. I have been clean 5 days.. and it has made a huge difference in not only my snacky and craving for sweets, but also my weight.

Try and shake it. If you want to lose weight, the only way it will happen is when you are 100% committed. Half way doesnt work!

Everyone else- good afternoon!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #64  
is chubby

Hey everyone!
I've been keeping at it and started extra weight lifting excersizes. It has been actually fun and my arms changed like after only two times... not much but a visible bit.
I am at 72,3 kilos for three days now but like my other plateau my bodyshape changes a lot and my belly got a whole inch smaller.
I think it is super weird. Whenever the scale stops I start actually LOOKING thinner... it is like a magic paradox. So I probably am one of the few person to ever be happy about a plateau?
I am very happy with myself. I am almost at four weeks now and I haven't strayed from program and diet for even one second or day. Didn't know I had it in me.

Wendee congrats on not drinking diet sodas anymore. If you're anything like me you'll feel like a new person after 60 days of not drinking the stuff. I think I had a mild problem with aspartame.
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #65  

Hi, would you mind if I joined in? I have 34lbs to loose, and you sound like a positive bunch I'd love to jump in :-)

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how I can add a ticker? I just can't seem to add it to my profile,
sam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #66  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam22 View Post
Can anyone PLEASE tell me how I can add a ticker? I just can't seem to add it to my profile,
Sam22- you have to be a member for 20 days and have at least 20 posts in that time! As soon as you've done that! You will see the option to "edit signature" And thats where you get to put the fun stuff!

Oh, and of course you can join us! We would love to have ya!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #67  

ah huh! thanks ... I wonder if I posted 20 posts today it would help :-) Just kidding... I can wait.
sam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #68  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Morning everyone!

This morning has been good! I brought some eggs and lil turkey smokeys to work and cooked them in the microwave.. haha! It was actually pretty good. I was getting pretty sick of the oatmeal or protien shake I usually have, so it was a nice change. 3 eggs and 5 lil smokies for a total of 290 Calories. not too shabby.

I also allowed myself to have a REGULAR pepsi this morning. I am staying away from the aspartame in diet soda. I have been sipping on a 12 oz can since about 8:30. And I actually feel good about it, I just need to budget the calories.

So as I mentioned, I scaled back on my exercise and diet, so I have only been to the gym ONCE each day this week. I still cant bring myself to off plan with my diet too much because I am afraid of ruining what I have been working so hard for. And honestly, I feel like this IS a lifestyle change, so the bad foods arent a part of my food pyramid anymore... make sense?

Anyway, since I am allowed extra calories today, the DH is meeting me at pita pit for lunch! YUM! Dinner is.. ugh.. I dunno yet.. But I will be hittin the gym for kickboxing at 6!

How is everyone else's day going thus far?
Old 04-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #69  

Hi friends!

I'm off to a good start today too! I was in a hurry this morning, so I wrapped a banana and peanut butter in a whole wheat tortilla. =)

The scale's being super stubborn again. 163.5! lol....torturous! My mini-goal was 162.5 by Easter, and apparently it'll come down to the wire. I'm honestly kind of disappointed since I was at 163 around a week ago. I figured I'd definitely get under 162.5 by this weekend. Boo! Have I mentioned that my body is a real jerk? LOL

Wendee....I LOVE Pita Pit! I'm super jealous! The only local one closed a while ago, so I haven't had it in years. Boo! Haha. Hope you enjoy it! I'd love to live closer! It's nice to be around people who are going through the same things!

I did a long walk/jog yesterday (approx 3.5 miles) but also probably took in 200-300 calories too many. It's so hard to be accountable when you're so hungry all the time. Anyone else just starving constantly, or is it just me? lol

Hope everyone's having a fantastic day!
Talk to you soon!

Old 04-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #70  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Fresno- I have days where I am STARVING and days where I forget to eat.. Its so up in the air with me anymore.. I can relate!!
Old 04-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #71  

Haha, I agree....but MOST of the time, it's ravenous hunger! LOL
Old 04-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Afternoon!

So today was supposed to be another "rest" day, because so far I've ended up working out on all my rest days..haha. But it's just so nice and sunny, and it's been so rainy and crappy the last few days.

I've really been wanting to try this new mint chocolate chip gum out, and was thinking of driving up to the store. Then I glanced out the window and thought: *lightbulb* why don't I just WALK? That way I can get some exercise in, AND get my gum, without overdoing it, or feeling like I accomplished nothing today.

I love win-win situations.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 163/160/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I am doing much better today! The sun is shining here, finally ( I live in Cleveland). I have eaten healthy, no diet pop and I feel good. Not sure what I am going to have for dinner.

WendeeLou- I was thinking a lot about what you said about being totally committed to weight loss and that half way doesn't work. I realized that I used to actually be ten lbs. lighter than my current 163 and the reason was because I wrote down and measured everything. Ate as healthy as I could. I was committed and then I stopped. I think acceptance is huge in losing weight. I need to accept that this (weight) is my struggle. Some have alcoholism, drug abuse, etc. but this is mine. I need to accept it, do what works and quit trying to change it. My life is better when I am treating myself well, and I am more enjoyable to be around (according to my husband) as well. It makes sense, I feel good when I am treating my body well with healthy food and exercise. So anyway, I writing my food down, making healthy choices and trying to remember that healthy choices make me feel good!

Have a great day everyone!

PS yhahmd- let me know what you think of the mint chocolate chip gum. I have had not so much a fan.
jenjen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #74  
...Live.Your.Dream...

jenjen22- Im glad you are taking initiative! Im sure you will see a huge change in the way you feel and hopefully the scale! Its too hard to know what you are really consuming without writting it all down! Best of luck to ya!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'7

Default I wanna join the club tooooo!!

I just joined the site (literally like 15 mins ago) so nice to meet all of you! lol

I'm in a similar predicament. I want to lose 35-40 pounds. My scale too refuses to show me what I want to see. I've cut juices, sodas, and sweets out of my diet (only have a piece of candy here and there and juice on Sats). I drink water like a fish and nothing!!

Started doing the Insanity workout program and had to stop after a week because my lower back was KILLING me! Anyway, I need to get this weight loss started. When July rolls around I want to be a little slimmer.

SORRY for the loong post
Nelbi0117 is offline   Reply With Quote