Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #16  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Fresno26-- I wont weigh in again until Monday, so I will let you know where I am then!
Today I had a protien smoothie with a banana and strawberries for breakfast. I also got a non fat chai tea late at Tully's!

For lunch- I am not sure what I am gonna do yet, probably just run home and make a chicken wrap! I am doing low-no carb, so its challenging to eat anywhere other than home!

I had Bootcamp this morning (which is circut training) at 6am, and I will go again tonight at 6pm! I have have HAVE to do 2x a days until I get to my goal weight! Not sure what is for dinner, but I copied some recipies from the low carb thread, so may try one of those!

I wanted to go on a hike this afternoon, but it looks like its gonna rain here!

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

A smoothie sounds good! I haven't made any lately. I'll probably get into them again now that warm weather is approaching.

You are kickin' it, girl! Twice a day must take incredible motivation and willpower! I'm sure you'll be out of the 160's in no time!

Hope your Wednesday is going well too!
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresno26 View Post
We can all post here, that's fine. No reason to be 'skeptical' - lol
If anyone would like to email/Facebook, please contact me privately then. Not sure exactly what I did to sound 'trollish' I simply use my email and FB more often and thought it might be easier to keep in touch that way. I'm not sure why someone would think I'm up to something, when I would obviously be reciprocating by sharing my own info and FB link. (Rude!)
Fresno, Please accept my apologies for butting in and jumping to the wrong conclusion about your post. I've seen a lot of "troll" requests on other forums where posters request personal contact info, including cell numbers as part of a marketing scheme. When I read your post, my brain jumped to that idea. I'm sorry. Best of luck, ladies.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #19  

It's ok, Claire. We'll let it slide....this time. (Just kidding!)
Thanks for your support!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #20  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Hey Gals!

Happy Thursday! Sad news- I didnt hit the gym this AM. I was starting to develop a migraine last night, and when I woke up this morning at 5:30- my hand was numb (thats my first inclination that one is coming). SO I popped an imatrex and back to sleep I went! Feel good now though!

So last night, I tried a recipie from the low carb forum- Italian Zuccini Bake. It was good- But the directions said to cook in a 13X9- I think next time I will cook in a 9X9 so its thicker. It was pretty good, and super simple- and of course low carb!

I also did a 2x a day yesterday. We did circuit and it was an INTENSE workout! But I felt great after. Ran into an ex boyfriend at the grocery store, and he was absoloutly stunned... JAW DROPPED. So- all in all, good night.

Then of course I watched American Idol- Go CASEY!

How was your evening/morning?
Old 04-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #21  

Hi friends! Hope everyone is doing well!

Wendee, it's always good to take a day off once in a while, especially if you're not feeling well! I'm sure you'll get right back on track soon!

I may have to look up that recipe. I love zucchini!

YAY for making the old boyfriend's jaw drop! I'm pretty sure moments like that are some of the best ones in life! LOL!

My day is going well. I walked for 40 min at lunch, though the winds were gusting to about 30 mph. I'm glad I had a hair comb in my purse, lol

About to actually eat lunch now. I made a vegan sandwich on whole grain bread. I'll have a grapefruit for a snack. This morning I had two packets of instant oatmeal.

Had a good workout at the gym last night too, though yours definitely sounds more intense!
Old 04-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 160/160/128

Height: 5.4

Good afternoon 30 lb friends
How is everyone doing today? Things have been relatively sane today. My son was home sick with bronchitis. He is almost 15 so it's not like he's a little one... But he's still my little one and always will be. I work almost full time but have a flexible schedule so I could stop home and check on him and take him to the md. Needless to say on days where I have to juggle ( which is almost every day) I tend to eat poorly and grab fast food on the fly. There is something though about being on here. It's both motivating and holds you somewhat accountable for yourself. The sheer act of joining empowered me to commit to stick to it. The feeling of quitting would be worse for me. I'm proud to say today has been a good one for me.
Oatmeal with coconut milk(90 cal) I know it sounds fattening buy it's not.
Kellogs fiber bar for a snack
Salad with olives for lunch
Apple with a little cashew butter for snack
Turkey breast and green beans for dinner

Also walked 30 min in am.... A real power walk!

Feeling good.... Patiently watching the scale for that first drop!!!
Hope all is well with you guys,! Hope to hear from you soon
HAPPYPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #23  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Good to hear from you HAPPYPT! So sorry to hear about your kiddo! Sending healthy vibes his way!!

Sounds like you did good for being on the run as far as the food goes! I do have a mannual that my trainer gave me thats a PDF file that shows the best options when having to resort to fast food (I can send it to you if youd like). I also have a pocket book for eating out! It saves me ALL the time! Some of the things I think would be good, are not by any means!

Hope you have an Awesome Thursday!!

I have kickboxing tonight and I am SUPER excited about it!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #24  

Wendee, Thanks for the well wishes for Nick. dont ya just love it when you run into ex's!!!! except for me its usually when i look horrible!!! like right after the gym!!! I even had an ex call me once when he saw me at a distance somewhere I forget... the best part was I got married since we last talked and my message had my new name!! ha ha he went on and on about how he could not believe i got married, how sad he was etc... too funny!!! btw...I saw your pics on another thread, you look fab!!! esp your abs!!! very defined!!! I am a Physical therapist as you can see by my screen name, and I can tell you and your trainer know what you are doing!!! have fun at kickboxing... I want to get a bag in my basement !!! just put on the tunes and kick and punch the heck out of it

Fresno, hi there. sounds like you are doing well too ...that is great. I saw on another post that you steam your veggies in a rice cooker?? is it a regular rice cooker or a rice steamer??? I have a rice cooker that you add water and rice in same bowl, flip a switch and wait 25 min for it to cook. does this sound the same? I would love to do veggies in it but am thinking yours must be different???

I would love to exchange food ideas!!! that is my biggest obstacle. I get bored with the same old things, have 4 picky eaters in my house, and wind up making seperate meals for myself. not to mention, I would love to get my kids to eat healthy things... I stick to my guns, make a healthy meal and then it sits there... everybody gripes if it does not contain cheese, pasta, hamburger meat, tater tots or french fries!!!!

well, Im off to grill a turkey breast!!! serving it with some green beans... we'll see how this one goes over!!! take care!! hugs
Old 04-15-2011, 01:05 AM   #25  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Greetings ladies
I've been here, just posting on other threads. Trying to find my groove at 3FC, I guess. Friday is my 1st official weigh-in day, and I am nervous and scared at the same time. I am praying for a drop in the #s after all the hard work I've done. I will attempt NOT to loose insight if I don't, however!

Happi Weekend to u all!
TGIF

((soon 2b ticker)) HA
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:30 AM   #26  

Height: 67.7

Hi everyone!

I've got 20 pounds to lose.

WendeeLou - You may struggle to move the scale because you may be overdoing things. If your body are under too much stress, it might hold onto your fat and weight and not let anything go.

Exercising twice a day might be too much for your body to take and it may encourage you not to lose weight. Rather stick to no more than once a day.

Also, you may be eating too little for weight loss. Calculate your calories that your body needs with a calorie calculator and don't go below that number.

If you exercise regularly and you eat the right amount of calories, not losing weight will be impossible.
Suzie Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 161/161/130

Height: 5.2

Hi all!I am brand new to 3FC! I have 25 lbs to lose...I keep starting and stopping so I am hoping being a part of a support group will help. How does the "buddy system" work?
kateydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #28  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Suzie Parker- I work with two trainers, and I LIVE for my 2x a days. Its 45 minutes in the morning and 45 minutes in the evening... so really only and hour and a half which I know plenty of people who excercise more than that. I have hypothyroidism, so my weight loss will be slow. Convienent that my weight GAIN was FAST! I also consume around 1600 calories a day, which for weight loss and my weight is high. I also eat mainly clean. My trainers watch everything I do, and I have to track everything in my fitday (however I am switching to livestrong because I like their app for my Blackberry better, different story). I feel VERY confident in what I am doing and I LOVE working out! Thanks for the comments and concerns though!!! I am sure for some people that might be the case, but I am pretty sure its my hypothyroidism. Also- I have been losing inches and toning more.. maybe I wont ever get to 140- and I am okay with that! Every morning after I work out, and I look at myself, I am totally stoaked about what I see.. and I suppose that is part of the important thing right? Also- I feel awesome! No more sluggish for me!!

HAPPYPT- Thanks for the compliments! I LOVE my trainers and wouldnt trade them for the world!! And I can relate to the "bored with food" comment- I am the same way.. I am so sick of salad! HAHA!! The steamed Veggie thing interests me, so I am excited to see what Fresno posts! I also have a picky (skinny) family. My husband LOVES deep fryers and Cheesburgers! But, since He has seen my hard work pay off, he is kinda diggin the healthy kick! Haha! He has been eating a lot better and its actually really sweet.. How is Nick this morning?

K9Owner- Welcome, welcome!! I have to tell you, the scale is NOT my friend! However... the tape measurer is! If for some reason you dont go down on the scale, pull the tape measurer out to see your REAL success! I would rather drop inches than pounds! Good luck girlfriend!

Katydid-I think there are a couple of ways that it works, but for us, for now, we are just checking in here everyday! As you can see we kinda give a rundown of our day, what we did and ate, and then we also chat about other stuff. I think its a good idea to have a support group that holds you accountable and is there for you when you need someone to rely on. We are all here for the same reasons, and thats what makes it easy to talk to and depend on others around! You should totally be a part of our group!

Last night and today...
My husband thinks I am addicted to this site.. so I refrained from getting on last night! I went to kickboxing last night and had an AWESOME, sweat pouring down my face, workout! It was pretty awesome!
For dinner I made turkey bacon BLT's for hubby and me. I asked if he wanted regular bacon, he said no. He is trying to eat healthier to support me, but Im glad because just becuase he is a bean pole, doesnt mean he doesnt need to take care of himself! We had turkey bacon, tomato, avacodo, lettuce, and 10 calorie mayo on 100%whole wheat bread! It was DELICIOUS!!

This morning, I woke up and went to the gym for my 6am circuit training! Got a GREAT workout! Then went home and accidentally fell back asleep- oops! That means no makeup and undone hair for me today! Got to work- had some oatmeal and now I am sipping on a mug of green tea with a dash of honey!

Heres to you my friends- hope your Friday is terrific!!

Last edited by WendeeLou; 04-15-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #29  

Good afternoon ladies!!! welcome to all the new members on this thread. If I do say so myself I think we are a cool bunch of chicks!!!
I am happy to report my scale went down today!!! my silly body takes awhile to get going as I am hypothyroid too ( is it not just the pits!!!!) but typical of my past weight loss nothing nothing nothing and then boom 3# almost overnight. I probably am a slave to that scale more than I should but I do weigh daily. I just have to always keep in mind that is how my silly body responds. more importantly, even with a 3# weight loss I can feel my pants fitting slightly different and I can see the weight in my collar bones (and breasts unfortunately!!) almost immed!!! that is my goal after all ( to look better) so I will try and get off that dang scale and just keep focused on the lady i the mirror.
Nicholas is home sick again.... was given about 5 meds at the md yesterday and is resting at home. Poor guy... Thank you wendee for your well wishes

Hope everyone has a good weekend... I may hop on here if I have time, but if not I will be back on Monday.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PHILS!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #30  

Hi ladies!!

Happy Friday to all of you, including our new friends!

I don't have time for a quality reply right now, but I wanted to check in regardless.

I'm glad some of you have seen my other post(s) on the Weight Loss Support page. (It's called, "Some observations...")

My rice cooker sounds exactly like yours, HAPPYPT. The only difference is, this one came with a small tray (that looks like a cooling rack) to keep the veggies out of the water while it's steaming them. We also bought a larger one that has a separate steaming pan on top. Hard to explain. lol. I would just look on Amazon for a vegetable and rice steamer. Hope this helps! It has been a lifesaver!

How is everyone doing today? I couldn't believe the scale this morning: 163 pounds. I can't tell you how excited I am. I probably haven't been in the 160's since eighth grade! I am going to have to post photos soon.

Is anyone interested in getting on my Facebook page? There are lots of photos there, so it would be pretty easy to track progress. I have some birthday shots from '08 and I can't believe how chunky I look, especially in the face.

What's everyone eating today?
I've kept it simple. Cereal/soy milk for breakfast, another vegan sandwich, apple and grapefruit so far today. I'll probably have a veggie burger this evening, with some baked tortilla chips and salsa on the side. (I have learned not to eat thousands of them...lol...but it was hard!)

Any other news to share?

SO glad to have connected with you girls! You're wonderful! We'll get there!!

Also, HAPPYPT - glad to see you're a baseball fan. Half of my Detroit Tigers are at Philly now, so I also hope they'll do well. lol!