Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #166  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyfashionista View Post
Hey SammyBee,

Great to have you here. I too want to lose considerably more than 30 pounds, but I figure doing it in 30 pound increments make the feat seem more manageable.

What other threads do you post in? What are you doing to lose weight? Gym? DVD's?
I just joined so I don't have any threads I'm specific to yet, but this is the first one! I'm really happy to have found you guys, I don't have a lot of people to talk to that are close to me, so being on here is going to make a big difference.

I joined a gym last year and was going to it off and on, but with gas prices the way they are I quit that one.. And ironically enough they built a gym right next to where I work (takes me less than a minute to walk there!). So, I've been going there after work everyday... I also had my fitness assessment there that sent a shock through my system.

I'm trying to eat better, because I would normally eat terribly. Fast food pretty much 4/7 days. I work in a grocery store so food is everywhere, and I work in the bakery department! So temptations are constantly knocking on my door... I've cut normal pop out of my life (I'm drinking diet and hopefully will cut that out too), more water and lots more fruits and vegetables. I'm so proud of myself that instead of snacking on bad things I've been eating healthy choices.

Sorry for ranting though... I'd love to hear what you guys are doing in your journey to a better you!!
SammyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 226/T/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by celine567 View Post
Fluffyfashionista, I like the philosophy of having a cheat day, it sounds good. the other 6 days wont feel like such an ordeal as there will always be that option to opt out for a day legitimately without the guilt. Might try it next week as already have had my cheat day(s) this week.
the only requirement i have for my dietay cheat day, is that it isnt my exercise off day. for example, turbo fire has wednesdays as the rest day, so that wouldnt be my cheat day.

i try very hard to stick to this. so that the cheat days falls on an exercise day. but i always notice that the furthur i get into my regimen the less i look forward to my cheat day, and the less junk i actually crave when it arrives.

yesterday i had mcdonalds for breakfast so i went ahead and worked out to a quick dvd.

sometimes, i move it around. if i know im going out or to a special event then i account for that.

still i dont beat myself up about it. even with a cheat day in each of the three weeks ive been working out, i've lost 10 pounds. more importantly, i had my vitals/stats checked and i know that i lost body fat not just water weight.

im sure that i could reach my goals faster by cutting out the cheat day, but i dont want to risk total rebellion on my part by setting myself up to fail.
fluffyfashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #168  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

fluffyfashionista- Its good to have a cheat day. My trainer ADVISES me to have a cheat day, it shocks your body, and makes your metabolism kick into high gear. Pair that with exercise and waaalaa!!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #169  

I was reading through your posts Wendee... And you're an awesome person. You really do inspire me. You are adorable!!
SammyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello friends!

Hope today has been treating you all well!

Somehow, miraculously, I'm back down to 161 pounds. I don't even feel like I deserve to be, since I've been such a lazy sloth lately, but I'll take whatever weight loss I can get. lol

I'm leaving work a bit early to get in a jog before I have to be on call for my job again tonight.

My water intake has probably been better than usual. I didn't have breakfast today, which is unusual for me...but it's because my job kept me up until 3 and I slept until 11 this morning.

For lunch, I had a vegan hot dog on whole wheat, some vegetables and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I know it's kind of random stuff, but since we're moving, we're trying to eat as much stuff from the cabinets as we can, lol...I can't WAIT to buy new fresh fruit. I'm really needing some grapefruit and berries.

Wendee, good work on losing those four pounds! I knew you'd start seeing results. Good for you!! =)

Sammy, good work on getting to the gym!! They're building a new downtown gym here, which is awesome since the other branches are out of my way. The current one is pretty outdated. So, this is going to be very good news, whenever it's done being built.

How's everyone else doing!?
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #171  

Where have K9 and HAPPYPT gone?

And Celine hasn't checked in today. Hope you're doing well, girl!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #172  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyBee View Post
I was reading through your posts Wendee... And you're an awesome person. You really do inspire me. You are adorable!!
AWWW Sammy!!! Thank you Darling! Means a lot to me, and the timing of that compliment was PERFECT! (if you happened to read my post about being "excessive", the gals I work with basically made me feel like I was a barbie and ALL I care about is my physical appearance, which is FAR FAR from the truth.)

For me, this is more about accomplishing a goal than anything else. I could probably maintain where I am and be just fine, I am fit, healthy (even though still tech. "overweight") and I think I look good. BUT- 168 was not my goal. So for me, this is more of a "gusto" thing than a vanity thing.. of course I wont mind having killer abs and nice arms!

Fresno- sometimes I have random meals like that too, its just whatever is easy, or whatever sounds good! Glad you are back on the thread, I was totally missin you for a while there! I am so glad you are almost to the 150's ~ I cannnnnnottttt WAIT to get there!!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 210/190/160

Height: 5'6

Fluffyfashonista....You mentioned you are doing Turbo Fire...I just ordered mine! How do you like it?? I'd love to hear your experience with it!!!..I"m a bit nervous i'm not coordinated enough for all of it!
TBucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 210/190/160

Height: 5'6

Wendee...glad to hear you are doing better

Sorry Ive been MIA for a few days as a new comer! I travel for work so access isnt always easy!!

Hope everyones having a great day!!
TBucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi all, I'm brand new to the forum so thought I'd say hi! This thread looks like a really friendly and supportive place - just what I'm looking for to give me the motivation to start losing weight.

My target is 31lb - it was 36lb and I've lost 5lb so far, but over 8 weeks as I've not been trying nearly as hard as I should!

So hopefully I can check in here and share tips and advice with you lovely sounding people!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #176  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Welcome themilesawaygirl!

I am super busy at work today, as I am covering a co-worker, doing my job as well as helping another gal get caught up with her job before she leaves for Spain for two weeks. LUCKY!

Anyway- everything is just peachy in my neck of the woods!

How is everyone else doin?
Old 05-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #177  

Hey everyone!

More newbies! I love it!!

Welcome to the newcomers! Feel free to let us know what you're doing - exercise, food, etc. Also, maybe biggest challenges? I know mine has always been staying patient!

Missed you too, Wendee! As long as I log in from work, I should be okay to still get on regularly. Not sure how much longer we'll have internet at home before we transfer it.

The low 160's are hanging around like an annoying houseguest! LOL
I can't WAIT to see 159!! I'm just hoping that with all of this moving, I will gain some new muscle, which will help me burn some fat. lol.
Good news! The new house we're moving into has 2,500 square feet! So...there's room for an exercise room downstairs!! I do yoga and weights (and sometimes 30-Day Shred) at home, and I always seem to compete with my boyfriend's son for the DVD player. Well, no more. Now I can leave my yoga crap and weights out, and they won't be in the way. YES! Also, I think we're going to invest in a treadmill and bike. I may cancel my gym membership if I can find motivation to work out at home. Does anyone else stick to a routine at home?

I did some walking/jogging for about an hour yesterday. Today I may try to do that again. Breakfast was cinnamon wheat cereal and soy milk, and lunch is going to be vegetable yakisoba from an Asian place downtown.

For snacks, I brought a grapefruit and blueberries. I LOVE fruit! I haven't thought much about dinner yet.

How are my girls doing today?
Old 05-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #178  
...Live.Your.Dream...

Frenso- I cannot work out at home. I have the Zumba Dvd's as well as P90X.. Just cant do it. Somethin about the gym.. I guess I feel obligated to work out at the gym.. where at home.. no one is holding me accountable. And no one will know if I slack off!
haha!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #179  

Good point. That's what I was wondering. I've never had a treadmill at home, but in high school I did use a bike at home!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:18 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 186/185/140

Do you have room for another newbie? I've just read through this entire thread am so excited to have found you! You are all such strong, inspiring and AMAZING ladies! (well, I think you're all ladies - if you're dudes, I think you're awesome too!)

I've been stuck in a rut for about 6 months...wanting to lose weight and waking up every morning with the best of intentions. Then, as the day wears on my motivation disappears. I've been lurking on this site for a while and it's time I actively participate here - I desperately need the accountability!

It's after midnight for me right now, but after reading all of your posts I feel like working out right now!!! Maybe I'll do some sit-ups before bed!
High Heels is offline   Reply With Quote