Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #1  

Default Gonna lose it again...in 2010

Hi everybody, Im here...all of my disgusting self and just want to cry. I am no stranger to weight loss and its a shame that I have gained sooo much back and I feel my whole life is suffering from it. My energy is gone, nothing fits, everything aches, feel so unattractive to my hubby, sex is like a thing of the past. Ive just gone thru breast cancer treatments and now that I have no excuses Ive got to do something for myself. I did quit smoking in June which didnt help the weight situation. I am SICK and TIRED of being SICK and TIRED. I previously lost 110 pounds in 1995 and dont get me wrong it was hard and took alot of determination but I proved to myself that I could do it and I felt so good to do it and the attention I got was my fuel to keep going and I did it. That is when I met my husband. I was skinny and could turn a head and I saw how enamored he was of me and I feel like Ive let him down and myself because so much has changed because of my self esteem. Im gonna need plenty of help and hope to tap you gals constantly to help me find the inspiration to get to my happy place and thats about 65 pounds down the road.
joesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/159/148

Height: 5'9"

Oh god - been there, done that!

Yay for you quitting smoking! I also quit and feel much better. Not smoking anymore was ACTUALLY worth the extra 15lbs I gained.

Phew- Nothing worse than losing your sexy feeling. This message is not so much advice as it is a message of comradery. I totally feel your pain.

What is important for you to do right now is be happy! Don't wait until 65lbs down the road, do it now!

One trick I read about in a psychological journal about being happy is somewhat interesting, and does actually help a bit:

Make yourself smile (even if there is no reason, physically turn your mouth into a smile) for at least 25 seconds - try even a little bit of forced laughing.

This sends some sort of happy endorphins to our brain and makes the situation a little bit more bearable.

So, smile, even if you don't mean it. A smiling, happy person is also a bit sexier!
bonnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 364/ticker/199

Height: 5'11"

You can do it! Make it your year to be the healthiest you can.
Sonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If you did it once you can do it again- good luck
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

You can do it! Best of luck to you and welcome to 3FC!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:21 AM   #7  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi joesgirl!
So many of us here can certainly relate to how you feel and trying to lose weight - again! - but with what you have been through, you are evidently much stronger than you give yourself credit for - no looking back, no beating yourself up, just moving forward - the support you need is here!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help choose the right ones for you and get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Height: 5'5

Default Trying to find my way...

Hi everyone.. This is my first time blogging, and I have to say I'm a little nervous. I have a hard time exposing myself and my insecurities (eventhough it's to complete strangers). I've been overweight all my life, and have often heard the line " wow, you have such a pretty face!" This compliment often leaves me feeling less complimented and more offended. I guess my goal in joining this blog is to find the support I need to take the first step towards losing weight. At my heaviest, I was about 275 - but I was also pregnant. At my heaviest un-pregnant, I was about 240. My lowest weight as an adult was 198 - and that was for about one day... Lol.. My current weight is 210-215. My pants are getting a little tight and that hasn't happened to me in years so I'm pretty unhappy with myself. I've tried every diet out there, but have yet to succeed. And I have a terrible habit of not following through with anything... I'm lucky if I can read a book from beginning to end!!
blondiesteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:27 AM   #9  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

joesgirl and blondiesteph - all i can say is you girls have come to the right place. 3FC gives you a place to celebrate the tiniest success, vent the most annoying frustrations, and communicate with others who are going through the same struggles that you are!! Welcome; now go exploring!!
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi joesgirl and blondiesteph.

I am finding that just by posting here, it is making me more accountable. I am also learning about all sorts of diets and learning a few tips. I'm doing Atkins but I'm thinking that part of the reason I continue to lose, even getting close to goal, is that I'm accidentally doing.....I can't remember the exact name...but it's "calorie..something" where you alternate your calories, up and down, to fool your metabolism and keep it from slowing down. I've not done this on purpose....it's mainly been that I've just been so busy some days, chauffeuring my dad all over....that I'll not get around to eating until late afternoon but on days I'm home, I will eat the amount of calories I'm supposed to....so accidentally alternating. And I learned all about that here...and it may be very useful for me if hit a plateau.

If I'd not learned about it here, I would not have realized it and would not have been able to apply it usefully. I spend quite a bit of time reading here....because I feel I am really learning a lot by doing this. I'd encourage you to read here, especially about the different diets...as this can be extremely helpful.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #11  

Wow, joesgirl, you've been through a lot this past year. Congratulations on quitting smoking; what a huge accomplishment. And breast cancer treatments--what an ordeal, I'm sure! When you look at it this way, your body has been through quite a lot and here it is, still plugging away!

Please don't use words like "disgusting" towards yourself. You wouldn't do it to a friend who had been through everything you've been through, would you? Of course not! So don't do it to yourself, either.....there is nothing disgusting about you. You are a person who has been through a really challenging period of time, and now you're re-focusing your attention to getting back to slim and healthy.

My health challenges of the past few years were nothing compared to what you've been through, but in early January of 2009 I also decided that I was done being overweight and needed to so something about it. That's when I found 3FC. I didn't meet my goals; I've lost 55 of the 65 that I was shooting for. But the difference in how I feel is like night and day. So I have absolute faith that, this time next year, you will be writing a whole different kind of post and telling some discouraged newbie how much better YOU feel.

You can do this, and we are here to help you!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:46 AM   #12  

Welcome, blondiesteph! Kick off your shoes and sit back. Browse around a little and see if you find a way of eating that resonates to you. Many of us have found it helpful to reframe our thinking from "going on a diet" to "a new eating plan for life". So if you decide that's a helpful way of thinking, try out some different plans and see what you can stick with long-term. Some people like calorie counting, some like low-carb, some like eating intuitively, etc. So just kind of see what resonates with you and give it a try!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #13  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Howdy! I'm a newbie too. Here is to making 2010 a healthy year!
thinnerbyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Height: 5'5

Default Encouragement

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I'm having a hard time navigating the site.. I need to set aside some time simply to click around and see where I'm posting. I'm trying to find my healthy niche and find and new way of eating.. It's soooo hard!!! I think I've found a solution that I've used in the past that worked and made me feel so much better all around. I'm gonna start down my healthy path this week.. Part of why I have a hard time sticking to a new way of eating is because often times my household isn't on board ( I have a husband, two kids, and my parents living in one house.) My mom and I are going to try and take on this venture together and hopefully be successful..

Hopefully after I gather my courage and figure out the site a little better, I can post a 'before' picture!!

I'm totally open to any thoughts or tips anyone has!
blondiesteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #15  

Hi Windchime. Thanks for making me cry here at the office. You are right I would never refer to a friend who has quit smoking, been thru BC treatments and that aint the half of it as disgusting for the weight gain. I just want to get control of my life back.....I know I should have control of it but so much has happened thats beyond my control....ie, hubbie home disable this year with stroke leaving him partialy blind not to mention he is hubbie #2. #1 died in 1995 (thats when I lost 104 lbs) and I dont dont want to lose it that way again. Ive got to leave my pity party behindand just do it....because I know I can.....and life IS good.....and could be alot better....the ball is in my court.
joesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote