Old 07-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 194/190/140

Height: 5 7"

Thanks! I emailed my coach and yes I was having too many! 3 per day including the restrictive. She wasn't worried though since it's all protein. Plus I have been struggling this week, oh my goodness, headaches and cravings, so it worked out. WI is on Saturday!

Anyone add their first 2 cups to a smoothie? If it's spinach how do you do it so it blends, so you blend the spinach a bit first then add the smoothie? Thinking of trying that as I keep running out of veggies, that might make the first 2 cups easier.
Happycamper22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:15 PM   #17  

Oh and going camping for one night on Saturday with friends - any tips? I know they will be upset I will not have alcohol and probably upset I don't eat their food....ack!
Old 07-12-2019, 12:06 AM   #18  

Really wish this forum was more active! Any other groups or pages for ideal protein?
Old 07-12-2019, 05:55 AM   #19  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 186/138.2/135

Height: 5'2

Hi Happy!
i donít do smoothies but there are a lot of creative ways to change up the veggies to make it easier. You do have to put in some prep time but for me it was worth it so I didnít get bored and give up. If you search this forum for Rainbows Recipes youíll see lots of ways to do veggie stuff and packet hacks. It will at least give you ideas. One example is the stores have cauliflower rice (fresh and frozen). You can fry it up, add soy sauce, garlic, scallions and it tastes really good like a rice. I HATE cauliflower normally but I can tolerate it this way. You can also use cauliflower as a base for pizza.
As far as camping, I know it may be a pain but if your friends arenít bringing IP friendly stuff then bring your own. If grilling you can easily do veggies and protein. I also think your friends should be supportive of your journey. If they get upset let them. You can do this!
Last - I believe there is also a Facebook group for IP, but Iím not on Facebook so not 100% sure about what happens there. I do know I wish these boards were more active also. They used to be and kept me going throughout my IP journey. If you get a chance look through old threads. Youíll find some really valuable information.
Any questions ask away and hang in there. You are worth it!
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:46 AM   #20  

At the place Iím going to they say the R product isnít an option an I find that strange. Anyone have any favourite products or creative ways to use them to share?
Try2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:31 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliehel View Post
Hi Happy!
i donít do smoothies but there are a lot of creative ways to change up the veggies to make it easier. You do have to put in some prep time but for me it was worth it so I didnít get bored and give up. If you search this forum for Rainbows Recipes youíll see lots of ways to do veggie stuff and packet hacks. It will at least give you ideas. One example is the stores have cauliflower rice (fresh and frozen). You can fry it up, add soy sauce, garlic, scallions and it tastes really good like a rice. I HATE cauliflower normally but I can tolerate it this way. You can also use cauliflower as a base for pizza.
As far as camping, I know it may be a pain but if your friends arenít bringing IP friendly stuff then bring your own. If grilling you can easily do veggies and protein. I also think your friends should be supportive of your journey. If they get upset let them. You can do this!
Last - I believe there is also a Facebook group for IP, but Iím not on Facebook so not 100% sure about what happens there. I do know I wish these boards were more active also. They used to be and kept me going throughout my IP journey. If you get a chance look through old threads. Youíll find some really valuable information.
Any questions ask away and hang in there. You are worth it!
thank you so much for the reply!! Very kind! I will for sure try the cauliflower rice and pizza! I hope at least a little group joins around here. I did join on facebook as well, but I much prefer this type of forum as she have threads, whereas facebook is just random posts. I have been reading all the old threads here, they are great. But more than that, it would just be great to have even little group of people to support each other on the journey and celebrate achieving goals! I am here for that! Hopeefully we can round up a few more newbies as well! or res-starters or anyone at any point on IP!!
Old 07-13-2019, 07:38 AM   #22  
Started IP 1/29/2013

Hi!

Try - I use and have used restricted the whole time during IP. When I start to slow down with my losses which was mostly towards the end I would use a non-restricted instead to try to boost the loss. I am a fan of the ideal protein Southwest cheese curls and dill pickle zippers. There is also a website Nashua Nutrition that has products broken down by Ideal Protein Alternative (IPA) Restricted and also unrestricted. These are cheaper than ideal protein and you can find some good stuff based on what you like. You can look at the reviews, they are pretty right on. There is a thread on here that is alternative products or something like that. For recipes search Rainbows recipes on this forum or even search ideal protein phase 1 on Pinterest. Hope this helps!

Happy - I hear ya and like a I said before this forum saved me and kept me motivated. Hopefully more people will join. Good luck on the WI and camping 🙂
Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM   #23  

So camping was a bust! I totally went off plan within hours of getting there. This diet can be so easy but then instantly so hard, in a social setting - for me anyway.

Been back on track since Monday now, hoping I will be back in keto soon. I gained back 4 of the 6 pound lost so bummer.

Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM   #24  
Started IP 1/29/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycamper22 View Post
So camping was a bust! I totally went off plan within hours of getting there. This diet can be so easy but then instantly so hard, in a social setting - for me anyway.

Been back on track since Monday now, hoping I will be back in keto soon. I gained back 4 of the 6 pound lost so bummer.

Donít beat yourself up, it happens. Youíll get back on track in no time!