3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol.19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/304927-maintainers-vol-19-a.html)

Jenny38 03-23-2016 06:53 PM

Ecdcslim- still amazing that you were able to come off after 4 days. My friend was laid up for a week.

How is everyone doing week? I Have been thinking about my plan for eating this Easter and have decided to do my best to be P1. We are out for lunch Saturday - I'm going to have just veggies and drink a shake before. Sunday dinner is at brother in laws which I think should be better than MIL. She usually tries to kill us with sugar.

The kids Easter candy- I may see if they want to trade it in for a toy and then throw out.
How is everyone else going to manage this weekend?

Slipfree 03-23-2016 08:59 PM

Jenny,
I called my cousin about the menu, ham, asparagus, salad and potatoes. I will make due with the ham. She is going to keep plain asparagus out for me and salad has fruit and cheese)- I will pick it out. (she is going to put the dressing on the side) I will do my signature arrival with a large coffee in hand, to avoid the wine. Thankfully, I do not have to deal with candy at home! At school, I always buy candy that I do not like!

Jenny38 03-27-2016 11:37 AM

Lol my brother in law is doing ham as well. I'm bring a big salad and I think a big bottle of Perrier I'll drink from. I will drink a shake before to help avoid pre dinner snacking. I just keeping thinking one more meal.
I bought the kids choc eggs that j don't like but it was the Cadbury eggs I got that did me in!

How is everyone else doing?

canadjineh 03-28-2016 07:59 PM

Sushi & two Bounty Bars...!!!??? Total TOM weirdness last night. There is NO OTHER explanation! o_0
Liana

ecdcslim 03-29-2016 01:57 PM

Hi ladies,

Checking in, overate on Easter - IP deviled eggs (walden farms Mayo) but no carbs, no other cheating. Had a great weigh in on Sat, down another 2.5 but know this will slow as I get near goal - 5 lbs more to go. I did save a Reeses egg for post phase-off cheat day.

2 biggest challenges for me: 1) boredom with food choices and 2) lack of exercise. An interim coach at my clinic is now saying NO weightlifting during phase 1. Has anyone heard this now? she's saying it's too much strain on my system even if I eat an extra packet. The boredom is from eating the same thing day in and out - packets are the only variety. I have lettuce and roasted veggies for lunch, roasted veggies and fish for dinner - I don't eat poultry or meat. Yawn. Makes me want to chew gum or drink a Fresca or Vitamin Water as a "treat."

Jenny38 03-30-2016 09:00 AM

Ecd - great commitment to P1 and restraint over Easter.

Liana - that is an odd craving :) hope those cravings have gone away. TOM is a pain. I wonder how much I of an Impact menopause will have on us girls and our wt.

Well I thought I'd be safer at my brother in laws as he would not out out bowls of candy but what is there when I arrive 3 of them. Cadbury eggs p, jelly beans,and mini peppermint paddies:devil: and who eats it - me and the kids! MIL brought it. So annoying because me and the kids dont need it and the rest are all over weight. I have to work on my will power for Christmas. Other than that did pretty well with big salad I brought and ham.

HereIStand 03-30-2016 09:29 AM

ecdcslim, for the scar, you might try applying BioOil. My husband's back surgeon recommended it for his incision. It's supposed to help minimize scarring.

I don't post here often; can't remember when I last updated. I've been in P4 since early Nov. 2015. I was a runner until sidelined by a pelvic stress fracture late in January. That's been tough. I can't really do much of anything except walking or swimming. My weight is about 5 pounds over my goal, and I'm not happy about it, but I've been maintaining at that weight for the last month or so. Once I start running again (June or July, hopefully), it should come back down.

I'm basically following the protocol for diabetics/athletes, Phase 2, but without the grain option. I have a fruit and a dairy every day, in addition to 2 or 3 packets and my real protein and veggies. I haven't gone back to complex carbs, except for a very occasional potato or pasta for dinner. I couldn't continue the P3 breakfasts in maintenance, too many calories and carbs for me.

Keep on keeping on, IPeeps!

ecdcslim 04-06-2016 01:18 PM

Morning all, reading through several chats, realize maybe I need to lay off the gum. This time has been difficult for me, in my 4th week, still have hunger which is weird. I'm 3.2 lbs from goal and know that I will probably phasing off for 4 weeks. I have to eat out for work - lunches and dinners sometimes twice a week - but not a big difficulty navigating. How's everybody else doing on their reboots? Any tricks that you have for adding variety an alleviating boredom? Also, anybody have any different information on exercising/weight lifting? Thanks.

E

Slipfree 04-06-2016 04:53 PM

Hi Ecdcslim,

Week 8 of reboot, down 19 pounds. Chugging along. I have been hungry on and off too. Herbal tea has been my filler. I am finding that I am totally burnt out on recipes that I ate the first time around. I have been using the crock pot to make food up for the first half of the week on Sundays. I am really tired and not in the mood to cook in the beginning of the week. Having dinner ready has helped, I have also been buying pre made coleslaw packages- (picking out the carrots) and adding chicken, garlic and soy sauce.

canadjineh 04-06-2016 05:25 PM

ecdcslim: I have been revisiting the http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-3-a.html pages as some of the day meal plans are P1 Alternative or P2 for those dropping back a few pounds. It may give you some different ideas...
Right now I am feeling cranky & a bit bored & depressed about life and its vagaries. Translates into not feeling like cooking or having absolutely no imagination for it either.
My tummy was upset this morning, probably from too many pecans last night as we were watching the BBC movie Doc Watson. Bathroom trouble meant that I had to cancel an outing with a friend this AM which was a bummer as we just can't seem to connect our schedules these days. Oh well, tonight DH & I are going to a ZZ Top concert (one of my fave 80's bands!) with another couple - the "H*ll Raisers Tour". Trying to figure out an age appropriate 'hottie' outfit, lol. As my other friend & I were discussing earlier, it must also be comfortable, because I am now at the age that I'm pretty sure fashion/style should not be torture.

http://www.mynewoldself.com/wp-conte...n-in-heels.jpg
Liana :D

canadjineh 04-06-2016 05:28 PM

HIS: I've never been much of a breakfast gal either, probably because I am most definitely a night person. When I was doing P3 I used macro combo foods as much as possible to reduce the bulk of my breakfast to what I could handle. Hope things are going well with the healing!
Liana

CenTXChk 04-07-2016 02:09 PM

Hi Ladies – Sorry I’ve been so absent. I had my plastic surgery a couple weeks ago and am just back at work and still getting back in the swing of things. Surgery went very well. I had my stomach done and a breast reduction/lift and ended up with 5lbs of skin removed.

My breasts look great. Wearing a soft bra for the first month and there is no sag….which is a first for me, maybe ever! I went from a DDD to probably a C (still waiting to get sized once my swelling goes down). I did not get implants and my chest had minimal pain.

The stomach was another story! The stomach procedure was from hip to hip and an incision down the center (called a fleur de lis by my PS). Since they are also fixing the stomach muscle, the pain is much more significant. At 2 wks post-op, the pain is mostly gone other than a good cough or sneeze. I am wearing a tight binder for 6 weeks. That is a joy in itself to sleep in or find clothes that fit! ;)

For those considering such a procedure, couple things. I think IP peeps generally would have a better result since our BF% is usually reduced along with our weight loss. My PS said incisions heal from the inside out. The fact that I have less fat in my abdominal area will help with faster healing. He also recommends between 80-100grams of protein a day…fits right in with IP and no problem for me to hit this goal.

But I think the most important thing that has been helping with my recovery is how good of shape I was in pre-surgery. It made such a difference having strong arms, legs and back when you have to compensate for your lack of stomach muscles. If you are thinking of getting either of these procedures done, I strongly recommend starting a good workout regime now.

Anyway, just wanted to share for anyone who was interested!

canadjineh 04-07-2016 02:39 PM

CenTXChk: Thanks for the insights on the surgeries... I'm sure they will come in handy for others considering the procedures. I had always heard from others that the stomach procedures are fairly painful and one must be extra careful about following orders for healing. Wow, DDD to a C, what a relief eh? A friend of mine just had breast reduction surgery (she lives in Oregon) - her body type was the sort that just keeps adding pounds to the breasts although she was never that heavy (maybe at her heaviest in the barely overweight category) and as she was getting closer to menopause (she is my age) they just got even bigger. I'm a 32D at the moment although a D with a band size of 32 ain't all that large, lol, just enough to balance the look of hips. When I was young I was a 34C so obviously it's nothing I have to worry about.

ZZ Top concert was awesome last night! I wore a cute silk green & blue plaid babydoll-ish mini dress with my black leather moto jacket over it and a pair of form fitting, lycra & leather, over-the-knee high heeled boots. 6 ft tall glamazon, lol. The guys played spot on, what a technically good performance and it was a bunch of favorites but with a bit of extra bluesy flourishes... just what you want in a live show. Picked up a concert T, of course. The pic below is for an upcoming date on this 2016 "H*ll Raisers" Tour...
http://cdn.ticketfly.com/i/00/01/86/26/45-elg.jpg

Liana

Grateful4Health 04-18-2016 08:14 PM

CenTX thank you for the update:). Surgery is something I continue to contemplate - the abdominal one.

Overall I’m doing well, checking the boards here every view weeks to see how everyone is but not writing much.
Lots going on….. look forward to writing a little more when there is some down time… just wanted to say hello and wish everyone well.

Slipfree 04-18-2016 08:28 PM

Hi Amber!

Nice to see you on the threads. Glad things are going well for you :)