3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol.19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/304927-maintainers-vol-19-a.html)

evemomma 02-29-2016 02:16 PM

Andrea....your weather sounds amazing and so does that bike ride!!!!!! I have been having a hard time staying really strict with my reboot. I think part of it is because, the first time I lost weight, depriving myself was almost like self-punishment for years of too much indulgence. Now that I would only like to drop a small amount of weight, I think I don't have that same urgency and "hurts so good' drive in me. Good luck with alt P1!

Jenny....How is your foot feeling now? We will be staying at Pop Century onsite. I have never had an extended stay there, but the one we usually stay at was booked. Where did you stay? Even several days after my mammogram now I am still feeling a bit bruised. It's the muscles around my breasts that are sore from being pushed up and crunched down. Ah well...for a good cause.

I bit the bullet and went jeans shopping today. Still weighing around 133/134 and cannot fit into my favorite 125-127 jeans. Grrrrrrrrr! I found that I am SUPER in-between sizes right now. So I bought just ONE pair of jeans to go with the only other two I have that fit right now. Honestly, if money were not an issue, I would just get some lipo-suction on my thighs/rear and be done. LOL! I am quite happy with my health and figure besides those pesky areas. Well, anyway....trying to make peace with myself and stop being my worst critic.

Happy Leap Day all!!!!!!!

murrcat 02-29-2016 09:38 PM

Hello Maintainers,

I'm glad to see some familiar faces here. Like many, I am back and rebooting. I was on P1 from June 2014 to end of January 2015 and phased off. In 2015, I've been working with my naturopath on my thyroid meds since I was gaining slowly without reason to. I think we've got my meds where I won't gain because of thyroid hormone levels, but now of course I need to lose again--I can zip up my pants but boy are they way too tight! I've put on around 10-15 pounds. This time, I plan to do some strength exercises while on P1.

So tomorrow and through the month of March I will be doing P1 and seeing where that takes me. I may phase off at that point, or keep going.

Take care everyone, and happy rebooting/ maintenance!!!!

Slipfree 03-01-2016 05:52 PM

Hi Murrcat,

Welcome back, quite a few of us are rebooting. Sorry to hear about your thyroid challenges. I can totally relate to the tight pants problem! Wishing you a smooth Phase 1 start.

canadjineh 03-01-2016 10:22 PM

Howdy fellow Maintainers, good to see you all!
Yikes Liz, baby #3! If you like, I will PM you and let you in on the secret of how babies start, lol. Seriously, congrats though!
All the great plans for continued success (and it is 'continued' because no one has given up!) - how inspiring!
I haven't really gone in any direction weight wise these past several weeks as I am either vacationing in 'Tortillaville' (which must be accompanied by fresh queso and guac) or just not prepping my meals properly and getting lazy. 95% of my clothes fit fine, but I miss the other 5% darnit!
Ahh well, each meal we stay smart for is another (smaller) notch in the belt.

Cheers! :lucky:
Liana

HereIStand 03-02-2016 10:08 AM

Nice to see this thread getting more active. :)

I'm 4 months into maintenance and only just now feel like I've found a rhythm with my daily diet that keeps me within a couple pounds of my goal weight. I did a 2-week P1 reboot in February and dropped down below goal but then popped right back up to 157/158 when I phased off, so I think that's probably where I need to be content.

My running program has been interrupted by a stress fracture in my pelvis, so I'm swimming 3-4 days/week, and doing some easy walking every 2-3 days. My orthopedic doctor said that everyone should take 5000 IU of D3 daily, and 1800 calcium, so I've upped my intake of both of those.

Happy hump day to everyone!

jennydoodle 03-02-2016 01:08 PM

Hi everyone! As I mentioned, this is a busy time for me, so I haven't been on the boards as much as I would like ;)

I am still holding steady in the mid-high 130's and I finally have a few days that I can string together some good (healthy) eating. Although we head back out of town this weekend. I have some shakes and things that I will bring to keep my protein up and help fill the voids of eating all that restaurant food. I have to say that it feels good not to be so strict these days. And my clothes are still fitting good, so all signs are pointing to positive. :)

Glad to see this thread getting some activity.

murrcat 03-02-2016 01:25 PM

Thank you Slipfree!!

So far so good--before going into P1 reboot I was averaging about 50-70g net carb per day, so I have not had as many "flu" symptoms as I remember from 2014. I just have to stay strong with not eating too many calories as I transition to ketosis.

Have a great day everyone!!!

FitMom02 03-03-2016 12:11 AM

Hello Maintainers!

It's been forever since I've been able to post in here! I'm just finishing up a big reboot. I could phase off today, but will be out of town all weekend...so Monday it is! I've done my reboot with IP products, and have been seeing a coach about every 2 or 3 weeks. I was surprised to see that they changed phase 3 to require the meal replacement drinks (even modifying the breakfast slightly...and I LOVED those breakfasts!). I think that I'm going to do the Phase 3 that I did in 2014. I'd rather eat my calories than drink them! Any thoughts?

I look forward to being a part of this insightful group! :)

canadjineh 03-03-2016 03:06 AM

FitMom - forget the RTD stuff, real food is where it's at and Phase 3 is where we learn how to properly incorporate it back into our upcoming maintenance lifestyle.
Cash grab!!

HIS: I read in the other threads about your fractured pelvis, yikes! Be careful with that, girl! It's the base framework for our whole body. Don't be pushing it on the pavement-pounding, you could be compromising it permanently if too early. Workouts in the pool will help strengthen the new bone that is forming without the damage of gravity. You will get there eventually.

:wave: to everybody I haven't mentioned... I am tracking your successes too!
Liana

hysteria_625 03-03-2016 10:48 AM

:D
Also going into month 4 of maintenance - I phased off at 145, immediately started training for a 1/2 marathon, and am averaging 146 - 150 :D

Our marathon is next Saturday and I'm ready :D

I've had my ups and downs with maintenance though and am still trying to find a suitable balance between the fuel I need to train while keeping my weight in check. I've definitely toned and put on muscle too, so that's also complicating things a bit.

I finally had to put the scale away and thanks to Jenny's sage advice, am now only weighing Wednesday's and Saturday's. It's helped, a LOT! I don't feel like I am obsessing about food as much as I used to - a 2# gain would send me into a tail spin for that day while seeing a number at or very close to goal seemed to be a green light to binge eat. It wasn't anything horrible - mostly nuts, nut butter, and granola, but then I would see that +2 or +3 the next day. I HAD to break that cycle - this is week 2 of not weighing daily and its going well.

I am also going to be a bridesmaid this July and we got our dresses 2 weeks ago (size 8), so I have a goal & very expensive reason to maintain ;)

jennydoodle 03-03-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5244173)
I finally had to put the scale away and thanks to Jenny's sage advice, am now only weighing Wednesday's and Saturday's. It's helped, a LOT! I don't feel like I am obsessing about food as much as I used to - a 2# gain would send me into a tail spin for that day while seeing a number at or very close to goal seemed to be a green light to binge eat. It wasn't anything horrible - mostly nuts, nut butter, and granola, but then I would see that +2 or +3 the next day. I HAD to break that cycle - this is week 2 of not weighing daily and its going well.

Whoop whoop! I am glad it is helping, because it also helped me tremendously. So much less stress and I also find that it helps keep me from binging (even on healthy foods) because you don't really know where you stand so you don't really want to do anything to "blow" it. It's hard being a head case ;)

CenTXChk 03-04-2016 09:12 AM

Hi Maintainers! Been awhile since I’ve checked in.

After P1’ing much of Jan and Feb, I am back on maintenance as of this week. Sadly, today I am above my scream weight by 3lbs but P1 was just making me crazy….I was starting to binge on junk after being hardcore for several days. I finally had a breakdown in my IP coach’s office and we agreed I needed to take a P1 break.

Is it 2 months of P1 or something else that was making me self sabatoge? Recently someone posted here how in maintenance we are all losing the same 10lbs over and over again. It is so true and totally started messing with my mind, I swear. I think maintenance will be good for me. I should probably just stay off the scale since I still check in with my coach every week try to go by the fit of my clothes and how I feel.

But because I over analyze everything that has to do with my weight, I went ahead and went back to my therapist. I have a low image of myself that I need to address. My trainer is always on me about my posture and made an offhand comment recently that I stand like I don’t want people to notice me. I felt like I had been punched in the gut…he is so right on. Even after losing 115lbs, my instinct is to still be the wallflower. I think I thought that by losing the weight, it would help with my self image…but clearly, it goes deeper than that.

HereIStand 03-04-2016 09:45 AM

CenTxChk, :hug: . I think all of us have struggled to some degree with scale obsession and an unhealthy focus our food choices, as we figure out life after losing weight. It's hard. It sounds like you have identified some deeper issues and it's good that you're addressing them.

Liana, thank you for the concern. :) I'm totally mystified about what caused the fracture, since I was doing everything "by the book." After I'm healed up, I will try to find a running coach to get an assessment of my form and gait, and I'm thinking about modifying my half-marathon goal (sadly) and scaling back to just running 5Ks or 10Ks.

It's a gorgeous day here. I hope everyone is looking forward to a productive and/or restful weekend.

Grateful4Health 03-04-2016 01:30 PM

CenTX, I have thought a lot this last year of maintenance that really the crux of what has to happen after weight loss has a lot to do with really breaking old thought patterns and habits. At least that has been true for me. I have found this year of maintenance much harder than the year of P1. AND, it has also been fantastic because I have really worked it, and I keep going and keep learning more and keep letting go of past issues and habits.

I don’t have much wise to say other than I am learning to re-train my brain and my mental thought patterns around the whole area of food and body image, and re-wire whatever part of my brain thinks that how I look or eat has anything to do with how much I am “worth” or can be loved.

hysteria_625 03-04-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grateful4Health (Post 5244464)
CenTX, I have thought a lot this last year of maintenance that really the crux of what has to happen after weight loss has a lot to do with really breaking old thought patterns and habits. At least that has been true for me. I have found this year of maintenance much harder than the year of P1. AND, it has also been fantastic because I have really worked it, and I keep going and keep learning more and keep letting go of past issues and habits.

I don’t have much wise to say other than I am learning to re-train my brain and my mental thought patterns around the whole area of food and body image, and re-wire whatever part of my brain thinks that how I look or eat has anything to do with how much I am “worth” or can be loved.

We were having a conversation about "head space" over on the 2015 Starters board.
One thing losing the weight & working vigilantly at maintaining has helped me identify are scary or negative thought patterns / behaviors.
I had slowly been creeping up on the scale, but brushing it off as 'muscle' or water / normal flux - my uh-oh pants told me the truth over the weekend and I went into bad-head-space Monday night. I binged on "good" foods, but it was a binge...and I realized around 10pm I was HIDING my binge from my DH (sneaking into the kitchen to stick the spoon in the nut butter jar...waiting for him to get in the shower to eat some nuts)...a behavioral pattern I am familiar with from childhood (the box of twinkies under the bed) all the way to now.
I reined it in & FAST on Tuesday with a solid P2 day and have cut out the big breakfasts / breads (still having healthy carbs) for the week.
I don't have the answers and can't say it won't happen again...as sad as it was, the hiding was kind of like a favorite sweatshirt...familiar, cozy - but unlike the sweatshirt, dangerous as h3!!
BUT, I recognized the behavior, have owned the behavior, and going forward, hope to be able to find another outlet when I have these thoughts.