3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol.19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/304927-maintainers-vol-19-a.html)

hysteria_625 03-11-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny38 (Post 5245889)
Hi ladies

Beth - is the D.C. 1/2 your first 1/2? I'll be thinking of you at 10 am. I was always coached to have the same pre race meal that you have trained with. May be tricked if it's an earlier start, maybe bring a banana to eat or do you use this sugar gels? I'll take a few chews before. That being said don't change your routine right before. May the wind be at your back....both ways:D

Had what seemed like a 4th opinion on foot today from chiropractor and rather good news is that he thinks the issue started from a rvery tight muscle at the top of thigh that impacted my running gate. So we can fix the issue and hopefully I won't have this injury again. Had the ultra sound and will get results soon. Then I went to get my hair cut and highlighted. She let me put my leg up so it was relaxing. Felt good to do that.
Said no at least 10 times today to things off plan I wanted to eat.

Yup, the RnR 1/2 is my first 1/2...and THANKS! :D

We are getting up at 4:00am to have enough time to dress, roll, stretch, travel - so 3.5 hours before the 7:30am start...and I probably won't even hit the Start line before 8:00am based on my corral.

In training, I've gone as long as 8 miles without having anything to eat before or during (except water of course) - but the way I felt after made me think that wasn't such a wise choice.
Generally though on long run days I had a banana with some peanut butter and depending on length, the runs that were more than an hour & ten minutes, I would have a GU around mile 5 (no gut-issues with GU) - but those days always started between 6:00 - 6:30am and I was on the trail no later than 7:30.

Anyway - sorry for the novel...research / reading has shown that the day before tends to be more important than the morning / day of...but obviously, I don't want to be dealing with a stomach ache either. :crossed:

Very sorry about your injury and hope you heal quickly! Congrats on avoiding the temptations!

canadjineh 03-11-2016 09:09 PM

Hiya, Jenny38! Fat fast means mainly fat, with very few carbs, moderate protein, and also fairly lowish in calories (ie... not going too crazy on fat portion sizes). Back in a few more of my tighter jeans. :)
Quad stretches into your future, eh? Tight hip flexors are very common.

Just noticed that my 2 yr maintenance anniversary just past! Woot woot! since I am only a few lbs over goal, I consider it a success.

I hope tummy & trails are good to you hysteria_625!!

Hi to all the rest of the gals here in maintenance!! :wave:

Liana

Slipfree 03-11-2016 09:31 PM

Happy Anniversary Liana! Yahoo for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenny38 03-14-2016 10:29 AM

Liana - Happy 2 year anniversary!!! What a huge accomplishment, keep up the great work.

Happy Monday ladies,

I'm watching Rosie O'Donnell stand up comedy on tv while I typing and haven't laughted so hard in a long time. It's on HBO

Went really off track on Friday, just tired and frustrated, but got back on and going to work towards my #

Have a great start to the week

hysteria_625 03-14-2016 11:22 AM

Sorry to keep posting this everywhere but the RnR 1/2 went great! No runners gut and I finished in 2:11 :D

One concern was the horrible headache I developed post-race...I read a lot of people get these and it could be from any number of issues. Motrin and TONS of water over the last 48 hours have kept it at bay. The DC region is also getting hit hard by tree / grass pollen right now :(

My 'recovery' eating has been horrible - I basically allowed myself to indulge in a lot of foods I haven't had since before IP January 2015, including some candy (a Reese's Easter egg), a couple Oreo's, and General Tso's chicken...the IHOP pancake meal I had post-race was totally planned - everything else, not so much

Started getting back to normal yesterday (lots of veggies) and today, but won't be pulling the scale out until Wednesday at the earliest ;)

catlady1981 03-14-2016 03:57 PM

Happy Monday Maintainers!

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Happy 2nd Anniversary Liana! You go girl!

Hysteria: Yay for a great time on R&R!

I'm doing R&R this coming Saturday, but only walking. Still. I'm out moving around and that has to be good, right?

I did a 9 mile bike ride on Saturday with a Meetup group :bike2:. It was a no drop ride(where no one gets left behind) and it's a good thing because I came in dead last. It wasn't a race, just a social ride, but I've got some work to do to get to the social pace of 10-12 mph. I'm not even sure I made 8mph. It took me about 70 minutes. I've got an odometer on order and that should help. My bottom was sore but the knee did ok. I felt so accomplished afterwards. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. I've got a 15 mile ride planned this coming Sunday and it's going to be 82 degrees here today so I'm going out tonight after work. I'm excited about my bike. I think there is lots of inflammation because I am up quite a few lbs and my eating has been pretty clean.

Hope all of you have a great week.

canadjineh 03-14-2016 05:38 PM

Hi gals! Just an FYI... the 'fat fast' ended up not working well for me at all. I should have cottoned on to that since I got similar symptoms when I was losing weight on IP and had to move to Alternative IP (diabetic style). Just not enough carbs to run my body properly - hugely bloated and actually up several lbs at the end of the fast and not sleeping properly or feeling well AT ALL. Add in a little bit of carb last night (still low carb/higher fat) and voila! Feeling way better and puffiness decreasing as we speak.
Although it works for others, I cannot recommend it in my case. Sure goes to show how different our body chemistries all are and how maintenance needs to be fine tuned for our reactions to foods.

The bikeride sounds like lots of fun Andrea! Keep it up and don't worry, someone has to be the last in line (I bet some other people were happier with going a bit slower anyhow and appreciate their turn to 'not be last,' lol.)
You might have to invest in a pair of bike shorts with padded chamois for the sore butt issue ;).

Liana

ecdcslim 03-14-2016 05:39 PM

Hi ladies, it's been a while since I logged on. Lots going on - life, you know.

I have traveled so much over the last year since leaving work. I've maintained, for the most part. I took almost a year off from work. And - I had an abdominoplasty - huge bday/xmas/vd day present to myself.

Started a new job 4 weeks ago and my eating immediately got out of control. I started back on P1 last Saturday, up 13 lbs from goal. So I'm rebooting officially.

I've spent the last hour reading and catching up. Nice to see some familiar names and to hear that I'm not alone.

EC

canadjineh 03-14-2016 05:41 PM

Hi ec!! welcome back! Good to catch it now, and know what happened!

Slipfree 03-14-2016 05:52 PM

Ecdcslim, welcome back! Your year off with traveling sounds fantastic. Isn't it amazing how work stress can totally mess things up? I have been rebooting for the past month, with 13 pounds to go. You are not alone and together we are making the a UP pounds disappear.

Andrea, so glad that you are loving the bike. So brave of you to join the meet up group. You will not be last, for long. I agree with Liana, you need padded shorts.

murrcat 03-14-2016 07:57 PM

Good Monday afternoon,

Congratulations on the 1/2 marathon Beth!

We are all in this together to maintain our loss, thanks for everyone's support!

catlady1981 03-15-2016 09:20 AM

Happy Tuesday Maintainers!
Jenny: Sorry about the foot injury. Hope that gets better soon.

Liana: I DO have the padded shorts with chamois for girls. It's my bones that hurt. I'm not having a chafing issue. I will get used to it in time. Sorry the fat fast didn't work out. I looked at those strawberry cheesecake fat bombs and Oh my goodness. They sounded so good.

Slip: I've been doing the Meetups for about 9 months. I joined several social singles groups, hiking, women's groups, a book club, and now the bike club. I'm an introvert so it is slightly terrifying at first stepping outside of my comfort zone and talking to strangers. Sometimes it works out well and others times not so much. It's all in my attitude. But I couldn't have made the step to be social without IP. When I was fat... I didn't want anyone to see me. I was pretty sure all they would see was a fat person. Fat shaming is the last acceptable form of racism left in this country. I went to a comedy club on Saturday night and the first two comics were overweight. The majority of their jokes were fat jokes. I was not amused.

ec: Welcome back. Several of the ladies have been talking about the abdominoplasty. Maybe if I win the lottery. Glad you caught the up pounds before they got out of control. Best of luck at the new job.

My ride last night went well although there were more pedestrians on the path than I would prefer. When I called out on "On your right" because a lady was walking on the wrong side of the path of course she moved to the right and I ran into a retaining wall so I wouldn't hit her. Ugh. No damage to me or my bike just kind of embarrassing. I won't use that path again. There are others around that I can try.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

LizRR 03-15-2016 03:07 PM

Wow, lots going on!

Hysteria - good luck on your race!!! I am very jealous, i was an avid runner until Memorial Day 2015 exactly...i hurt my knee and took a few weeks off...then found out i was pregnant! My advice is have a cup of coffee first thing to help you "clean out" beforehand. I would do 6-8 mile runs with no fuel, but my 12 mile and over runs i definitely felt it. I love the RnR races, ive done Dallas, San Antonio, and Phoenix RnR's...my one complaint is the complimentary beers afterwards keep getting smaller!

I was hoping to get back to some exercisingthis week now that i have 8-week post-partum Dr clearance, the only time i could run to the gym would be 5am and its hard to get up...i would go outside with the stroller but my sinuses are literally killing me!!! Baby Charlotte doesnt give me much down time during the day but i need to start squeezing it in before i go back to work.

Catlady, where do you ride? I live in Plano by the Chisholm Trail and we have a lot of riders around.

Jenny38 03-16-2016 09:53 AM

Beth - woot woot way to go on a great run. Post run recovery can take a while. Maybe headache was from dehydration? Good work getting back on plan. You may find your weight up due to inflamation post long run

Andrea - congrats on a great ride. I love the idea of a no drop ride, makes everyone feel good and included. Do you have padded bike shorts? They help with the bum. Also don't wear underwear under your bike outfit as it can bunch and be really uncomfortable. You'll get your pace up soon enough. i can't wait to pull my bike out, hoping to in May. I love biking way more than running.

Ec - nice to see your post. What a year you have had! Congrats on the new job. How was the surgery? I'm hoping to have it in the next couple years

Liana - that's too bad the fat fast didn't work but I guess it confirms for you what type of eating and fuel you need. Had the cortizone shot in foot yesterday so figures crossed it helps.

HI to everyone and keep up the good work.

canadjineh 03-16-2016 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hahaha, Andrea... slimgal problems... pressure on your ischial tuberosity, lol. I bet you never thought you'd ever have that problem? You will get used to the bike seat in a bit. It's kind of like playing the guitar... your fingertips get callouses and there's no problem with the string pressure after a while, but quit for a bit and try it again and, my goodness, it's like starting all over.

Hi everyone! LizRR, hope you can fit the runs in somewhere... I'm having a lot of trouble getting back to the pool or even out for a good brisk walk these days (when I'm not on patrol). Seems like the parents (all 3) take up a fair amount of our time - I can appreciate what having children was all about for them as they start to need guidance & care from us. Problem is we still need to respect their dignity and autonomy as adults, and it can be hard to balance that with concern for their welfare.
All 5 of us went out to a Mariachi concert last night and had a good time. A bit sad at the beginning though because Mom turned to me, and said, "I thought things would be really hopping here tonight, but there's just a bunch of really old people here, where's everyone else?" The crowd was mainly in their early 50's to 70's (our ages really, but she couldn't understand that we were not all 25 now). As things got going there was a lot of excitement and clapping and whooping and she got into it and had a really good time so I am glad she & Dad enjoyed the concert for their 53rd anniversary. I took their picture with the band, but you can see Dad's kind of sad half smile quite plainly there. It's been tough on him.

Liana