3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol.19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/304927-maintainers-vol-19-a.html)

Kellyc14 03-17-2016 11:16 AM

Not sure where to post this, but most of you in here have been around for a while, so I thought this would be a good place, I was just wondering is lisa32989 still around? I haven't seen any posts from her... She was a big part of these boards. Just wondering if she is ok.

Chrztina 03-17-2016 11:29 AM

Hi Kelly, I was looking for her too. Searched her posts and saw that she took a new job in August. It must be keeping her busy. I hope she is doing well!

blueskiesahead 03-17-2016 02:28 PM

Hi everyone
I am officially a maintainer! :woohoo:
I just got back from a month-long vacation in Florida; even though I hadn’t quite reached goal, I decided to do my complete phase-off, 2 weeks each in P2 and P3, so I started P4 the day we left. The plan was to try to eat sensibly, but enjoy the vacation, and I was fully prepared to gain a few lbs and come back to do a few weeks of P1 to get to goal.
Don’t have to! :yes: :D
I was able to lose a few lbs during P2/P3, and held my weight on vacation (some fluctuations, but came back in good shape). My weight this morning was 134.4 which is below my goal of 135!
So, yes, I am calling myself a maintainer and thought I’d come over here to join you all!

Slipfree 03-17-2016 09:12 PM

Congratulations Blueskiesahead!

Destony 03-18-2016 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueskiesahead (Post 5247445)
Hi everyone
I am officially a maintainer! :woohoo:
I just got back from a month-long vacation in Florida; even though I hadn’t quite reached goal, I decided to do my complete phase-off, 2 weeks each in P2 and P3, so I started P4 the day we left. The plan was to try to eat sensibly, but enjoy the vacation, and I was fully prepared to gain a few lbs and come back to do a few weeks of P1 to get to goal.
Don’t have to! :yes: :D
I was able to lose a few lbs during P2/P3, and held my weight on vacation (some fluctuations, but came back in good shape). My weight this morning was 134.4 which is below my goal of 135!
So, yes, I am calling myself a maintainer and thought I’d come over here to join you all!

SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!
You are such an inspiration- AND to top it off- YOU make it look easy!!! Vacation and look at you! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::hug:

ecdcslim 03-18-2016 10:48 AM

Morning all,

Checking in as I finish my first week back on P1. I have been really sick with a sinus infection so some nights I've not been able to eat everything but I think I've had a good first week. It's amazing how much better I feel, even sick, eating "clean." I love sweets, salty potato chips and alcohol but don't like the way I feel after indulging. It's a process

Jenny38: The abdominoplasty went really well. I can't take narcotic pain relievers and the doctors were concerned about that but really there wasn't much pain. I had to watch my coughing and laughing for the first couple of weeks but the biggest pain was wearing the tight girdle for 3+ months. I did a lot of research before i had it done and I'm happy to share with anyone - I had a hard time finding info on it when I started. Now I have the most beautifully flat tummy and I'm treating the scar with silicone strips so hopefully it will fade by the summer.

I'll check in after weigh in, hope everyone's had a great week.

E

Grateful4Health 03-19-2016 03:19 PM

Hi everyone - just wanted to say I’m around:) - haven’t had much time to write but I check in every week or so and quickly read through the posts….

sending lots of warm thoughts to everyone.

Grateful4Health 03-19-2016 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellyc14 (Post 5247393)
Not sure where to post this, but most of you in here have been around for a while, so I thought this would be a good place, I was just wondering is lisa32989 still around? I haven't seen any posts from her... She was a big part of these boards. Just wondering if she is ok.

Kelly I found myself wondering about Lisa also - I sent her PM back in Oct. but didn’t hear back - my guess is she’s not checking in here too much, she hasn’t posted.

catlady1981 03-20-2016 07:22 PM

Hi Maintainers!

I can't seem to access the boards from work anymore. It must be a new anti-virus.

I've wondered about Lisa as well, also Ruth Ann. They were both very helpful to me on my journey.

Liana: So now I know what that area is called. Thanks!

Liz: My first group ride was around White Rock Lake. When I ran into the retaining wall, that was at the Brookhaven/Vitruvian trail. But today I discovered there is a protected bike lane that goes around UTD and also Preston Ridge trail that I can pick up at Beltline and Meandering Way that goes all the way up to George Bush. I'm looking forward to using them since they are close by to where I live in Addison.

I did the Rock N Roll Marathon 5K yesterday (walking) and had a lot of fun. My time was 50:53. Not too bad. But OMG. It was so cold. We got a norther here and with the windchill it felt like the lower 30's. I had to come home and take a hot bath because I just couldn't warm up on my own.

I hope you all have a great week!

ecdcslim 03-20-2016 07:29 PM

Hi all, great weigh in yesterday, down 5 lbs! Hanging in there - getting over my sinus infection has brought back my appetite, unfortunately. Anyone using the green tea mints IP sells?

DottieAnn 03-20-2016 11:48 PM

Phase 4 Maintaining, feeling anxious

Hello! I am into my 4th day of phase 4 and I think I messed up, having too many carbs (such as pasta and a potato in my dinner meal). Thinking I could choose 2 carbs for that meal (not sure why). So with doing that I feel really full of course and I swear I have gained fat (especially in my tummy area). So since its just day 4, should I just get back on track or do I do a phase 1 day? I feel like I really messed up everything, yikes!!! Phase 4 is confusing when first starting but I am so happy that I did the ideal protein program! I have lost 83 pounds in 12 months, reached my goal weight of 150!!! Anybody else relate to this?

Destony 03-21-2016 05:04 AM

If it were me, I would do at least one P1 day- maybe 2. I also was P1 for just about a year and 87 lbs gone. Congratulations to you for all of your hard work. I am beginning week 7 of maintenance and though it's confusing- these forums are the best place to be- there is so much knowledge here, thank goodness-!!! Keep your eyes peeled for some great advice of what to do. Like I said, I am still new, and in case no one posts right away this morning, make sure you start today as P1. Always always always remember that when you "indulge" follow it with P1 and you will be just fine ☺. I don't think anyone will recommend going more than 3 days of P1 because you don't want to go back in to ketosis. Have you checked your scale? Oh- and make sure you drink tons of water!! Best of luck to you!!

Jenny38 03-21-2016 09:03 AM

Welcome Blueskieahead, congrats on all your success!

Andrea- way to go on your Rock N Roll 5km! How is your body feeling today? I imagine the wind made a big difference. Hope you got all warm. I had to get DH to reset the warwe temp in our house after last years winter running, the bath wouldn't get warm enough

Liana - :hug:to you and your dad. 53 year anniversay is very impressive. Your mom looks so young. It sounds like such a horrible disease. We are all noticing my dad having issues. My mom went to Florida for a 3 wk holiday from his disease. We had him up here and then saw him at the cottage while she was gone. Very hard for the caregivers.

Ecd- that is great you managed with no pain meds. My neighbour didn't like wearing the girdle but she was told to that it is a must and it helps. Her scar continues to fade and she is 9 months post op.

Amber - hi to you to. How are you doing?

The scale is slowly coming down from last week sky rocket. Doing my best to breathe and settle back into P1 and planning meal to meal. Getting excited for my trip to Tanzania with my mom, we got matching hats yesterday from MEC. I will figure out posting pic when I get home.

Slipfree 03-21-2016 09:35 AM

Good morning ladies,

Snow day here in CT. I really did not want one, because now we finish school on a Monday (instead of Fri.). But, it is a long way until our spring break! Our kids and teachers were getting squirrelly and an extra day away may help.

Andrea, congratulations on your 5k. So happy that your knee has healed so well! I HATE being cold so I feel your pain.

Ecdcslim, way to go! 5 pounds down. Sorry to hear about your sinus infection :( Isn't it funny, how the hunger returns? I can go for weeks of OP without having a hunger growling stomach and then bam- days of starving. Herbal tea becomes my best friend.

DottieAnn, I would do one day of Phase 1, as if it had been your planned indulgence day. Phase 4 is hard, someone said- think of it as a phase 1 dinner with one serving of complex carb.

Amber, nice to see you! How goes maintenance? Work? Life?

Destony, you are so right about the forum! Do not know how I would have made it through Phase 3 and 4 without help. The old pinned threads Life After and Maintainers helped me immensely.

ecdcslim 03-22-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny38 (Post 5248193)

Ecd- that is great you managed with no pain meds. My neighbour didn't like wearing the girdle but she was told to that it is a must and it helps. Her scar continues to fade and she is 9 months post op.

Jenny - sorry didn't mean to imply I managed with no pain meds! They did give me non-opioidal pain meds and anti-nausea medication take together - I was off the pain meds after 4 days, only taking them at night before sleeping. The anti-nausea meds made me super dopey, hubby really hated them LOL.